Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

Revenant.Eagle posted:

bahahaha This was posted over on gixxer.com. Everyone is at a loss for words with the full gear on the top half of the body... and then the polar opposite on the bottom half.

Well neither Arai or Alpinestars are the cheapest brands so maybe she's doing this while saving for the other half.

I have no idea, although while it's not the smartest thing to do it is pretty hot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Drunk Pledge Driver posted:

She looks fit and all but why ride like that? Impressive, but not as bad rear end as the Indian dude talking on his cell and chilling out on his bike on the freeway.

SeamusMcPhisticuffs
Aug 2, 2006

republicans.bmp
I hope this isn't a repost.

Taisa
Jul 22, 2004
Sexy Incubus

My legs would be up there too if I was wearing shorts on a supersport. I made the mistake of wearing shorts once... the heat coming off the engine cooks your legs beyond belief.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

I believe its a skirt and I believe she's using her hand to hold it down.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SeamusMcPhisticuffs posted:

Haha, the way the sportbike rider just watches the dualsport guy pass him is great. I can almost feel his shame.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

She's either airing out her crotch or fingering herself.

SeamusMcPhisticuffs
Aug 2, 2006

republicans.bmp

Slim Pickens posted:

Haha, the way the sportbike rider just watches the dualsport guy pass him is great. I can almost feel his shame.

Not just a dualsport, a KLR650. 37 mind-blowing horsepower.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I've seen them here before. Isn't one of those riders from this forum? Or another forum that someone from here is on.

Apparently they were just on an aggressive cruise and this guy just came from behind and smoked them. Had signs of dragging pegs and everything. Was some old dude that knew how to ride and knew the roads.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
Edit: Repost, sorry.

MetaJew fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Sep 10, 2009

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I've got the same helmet as the guy on the ZX-6R. That doesn't mean I ride like him though... I'm more like the guy on the red --no sorry-- black Burgman in the other lane :)

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

dejanigma
Oct 23, 2008
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/picturegalleries/6027572/Hollywoods-obsession-with-motorcycles.html

Telegraph slide show of famous riders. All the big ones are in there, of course.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

A lot of Triumphs in there.

bung
Dec 14, 2004

dejanigma posted:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/picturegalleries/6027572/Hollywoods-obsession-with-motorcycles.html

Telegraph slide show of famous riders. All the big ones are in there, of course.

I wouldn't call McConaughey's Thunderbird Sport "vintage". Legolas and I have the same bike (the Ducati). :smug:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Not just a dualsport, a KLR650. 37 mind-blowing horsepower.

And he knows how to use every one of those 37 ponies. On knobbies even from the looks of it.

dejanigma posted:

I wonder why so many celebrities ride triumphs. It looks like brad pitt has some cool looking bobbers, though.

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Sep 10, 2009

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004

Slim Pickens posted:

I wonder why so many celebrities ride triumphs. It looks like brad pitt has some cool looking bobbers, though.

Classic style, not as white trashy as a Harley.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

And not a single japanese bike. Jay Leno should visit Brad Pitt and film a tour of his bike garage.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=95f_1218111166

Oh god the scraping noise...it just keeps going!

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

T-Square posted:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=95f_1218111166

Oh god the scraping noise...it just keeps going!

He had to lay to lay it down or he wouldn't have stopped in time. :hurr:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Haven't seen this in here yet.

Freddie Spencer vs street bike vs street car

Edit: oh, I found that pic, too.

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Sep 11, 2009

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Slim Pickens posted:

Haven't seen this in here yet.

Freddie Spencer vs street bike vs street car

This was awesome. I loved seeing the guy in full leathers drag knee on the Sabre, though it didn't seem the most appropriate street bike they could've chosen for the comparison.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Really gives an idea of just how wild those bikes were even back then.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Perhaps old, but still very cool on-board cam of Rossi.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x68ye4_rossi-moto-gp-on-board-camera_sport

Gives a better feeling of the dynamics and "the edge" as it looks way more squirrely than the normal outside view. Also cool how the engine note is similar to Formula 1, particularly the upshifts, but it's easier to hear the throttle position and how it gradually comes on to power through the corner.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Ola posted:

Perhaps old, but still very cool on-board cam of Rossi.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x68ye4_rossi-moto-gp-on-board-camera_sport

Gives a better feeling of the dynamics and "the edge" as it looks way more squirrely than the normal outside view. Also cool how the engine note is similar to Formula 1, particularly the upshifts, but it's easier to hear the throttle position and how it gradually comes on to power through the corner.

That's on a 2 stroke, which had a much more extreme power delivery than the modern bikes. Really awesome stuff. It's also why it has the higher pitched compared to the 4 strokes.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Oh it is? I thought it sounded tinny, but I figured it was just the tune and the x-treeme exhaust. Shows how much I know. :(

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Ola posted:

Oh it is? I thought it sounded tinny, but I figured it was just the tune and the x-treeme exhaust. Shows how much I know. :(

I wasn't positive until I recognized the old school bike in front. :ohdear:

Sound is a funny thing coming through crappy speakers. I think that clip comes from the bonus features of the Faster DVD. Well worth checking out, if you want to see an awesome documentary about motorcycle racing narrated by Obi Wan.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Its funny how the GP bike at idle sounds like a piped RD.

I wish they hadnt ditched the 500 strokers :smith:

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Is it me or does her helmet look abnormally tall.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
From an image thread in PYF:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Think he made it?

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Yeah... they're gonna make it. :911:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Phy posted:

From an image thread in PYF:

Is that a RV90? Phat's gonna be pissed.

Also that passing the beer picture is a thing of beauty.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Honda Z50A maybe? Its not an RV, thats for sure, way too small. If it was an RV that guy would have to be like 8 feet tall.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Hayden being super pissed at De Angelis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCCsKYRRu5o

The interview of it afterwards is pretty awesome too. "Saw this fruity rainbow helmet out of the corner of my eye..."

I love Nicky, in a purely non homosexual way.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

Z3n posted:

That's on a 2 stroke, which had a much more extreme power delivery than the modern bikes. Really awesome stuff. It's also why it has the higher pitched compared to the 4 strokes.

Judging by the paintjobs and the exhaust setups I think this is from 4 stroke era, its the Brazilian GP.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Silver posted:

The interview of it afterwards is pretty awesome too. "Saw this fruity rainbow helmet out of the corner of my eye..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvTF9lagRz0

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Silver posted:

Hayden being super pissed at De Angelis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCCsKYRRu5o

I love Nicky, in a purely non homosexual way.

I don't blame him for being pissed, either, but I was surprised to see it. Most of the time the racers all seem to keep their poo poo together, even when they're taken out by someone else's mistake. Wasn't there something of a shoving match after a wreck in the 125 or 250 race from that day, too?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

HNasty posted:

Judging by the paintjobs and the exhaust setups I think this is from 4 stroke era, its the Brazilian GP.

I thought the last time that they raced with the green and blue telefonica livery was with the 2 strokes, but I see now that I was wrong. The Duc's undertail exhaust should have been a dead giveaway...:sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.

Gay Nudist Dad posted:

I don't blame him for being pissed, either, but I was surprised to see it. Most of the time the racers all seem to keep their poo poo together, even when they're taken out by someone else's mistake. Wasn't there something of a shoving match after a wreck in the 125 or 250 race from that day, too?

I still remember the days of Colin and him going absolutely apeshit at the 1999 Nurburgring. I think Nicky also said it perfectly... you are so amped up going into that first corner that emotions are really running high. I don't blame him at all for reacting the way he did. He's been having a rough shot and finally was starting to feel confident and then got taken out from behind.

1999 WSBK Nurburgring fiasco:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_08p-414uGY