Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Skinny Pimp
Oct 24, 2004

by T. Finn

Nione posted:

His suggestion was to get our "rings" tattooed on our fingers. I'd be willing to consider this, I have multiple tattoos anyway and we've been together for 9 years now, so we're both pretty sure this is forever. Has anyone else done this?

I think I might do this for our tenth anniversary if the husband is down for it. I figure if you make it ten years married you'll probably be okay.

Also, my husband doesn't wear his ring to work, but he's an electrician so I don't mind. I think the necklace idea someone mentioned would probably work, but in some cases, like mine, it's just not feasible. Less metal is better when you're around live wires. It might work for you guys, see how he feels about that. Or even just getting necklaces to begin with and not bothering with a ring at all. It'd be something different and just as meaningful to the two of you, which is what matters. Plus, it would fit in with the wedding ceremony, you exchange necklaces instead of rings and you don't have to work around anything (this is assuming you're going at least somewhat traditional with the ceremony, of course).

I feel you on the budgeting thing, we got married in a backyard ceremony so I could change my name and get all that settled in before we go on our honeymoon to Germany next summer. We're having a formal ceremony at my dad's house in Georgia next May and I don't know if we should be eating rice and beans to save up for the honeymoon and the ceremony or if my parents are going to help and how much they'd give us. I know his parents won't but they paid for a reception up here and the little ceremony, so I wouldn't expect them to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedFish
Aug 6, 2006
..blue fish, one fish, two fish: blue fish need not apply.

King Skinny Pimp posted:

Also, my husband doesn't wear his ring to work, but he's an electrician so I don't mind. I think the necklace idea someone mentioned would probably work, but in some cases, like mine, it's just not feasible. Less metal is better when you're around live wires.

I read a post where an electrician would wear his ring when he mowed the lawn/was outside in the sun on the weekends/etc, so he would always have a tan line there to show there was supposed to be a ring there. That way there was no risk of losing it by taking it off all the time. Just an idea.

Zaftig
Jan 21, 2008

It's infectious

Nione posted:

The problem is that he has long thin fingers and giant knuckles. Any ring that is big enough to fit over the knuckle on his ring finger is way too big when he gets it on.
Butter or Windex. You'd be really surprised what you can fit in a ring.

e: My family owns a jewelry store and we had a lot of women jamming too-small rings on their fingers and then freaking out when they wouldn't come off. We didn't have butter in the store but found Windex is surprisingly effective.

Zaftig fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Sep 4, 2009

Ben Davis
Apr 17, 2003

I'm as clumsy as I am beautiful

Nione posted:

2. Wedding bands. My fiance doesn't really wear rings. I'd like for us to have wedding bands, I'm not doing an engagement ring but I'd like something. The problem is that he has long thin fingers and giant knuckles. Any ring that is big enough to fit over the knuckle on his ring finger is way too big when he gets it on. Part of me knows that if I get him a ring and he doesn't wear it I'm going to be a little sad, but it's not a deal breaker. Is there some way of getting around this, are we just not fitting rings properly?

His suggestion was to get our "rings" tattooed on our fingers. I'd be willing to consider this, I have multiple tattoos anyway and we've been together for 9 years now, so we're both pretty sure this is forever. Has anyone else done this?
I have no idea about that first one; my mom's doing the same thing.

They make rings with little balls on the inside that are supposed to be easier to get over knuckles but still snug on the rest of the finger. Maybe ask your jeweler for one of those?

King Skinny Pimp
Oct 24, 2004

by T. Finn

RedFish posted:

I read a post where an electrician would wear his ring when he mowed the lawn/was outside in the sun on the weekends/etc, so he would always have a tan line there to show there was supposed to be a ring there. That way there was no risk of losing it by taking it off all the time. Just an idea.

Aw, that's awesome! It'd work if we had a lawn or anything to do outside. It's the family business, though, so everybody knows he's married and half of them were at the reception anyway. He wears it pretty much from the time he gets home in the afternoon until when he leaves in the morning and all weekend long and puts it in the exact same place every morning when he leaves, so there's not too much risk of him losing it anyway (thank god, his band was more expensive than mine).

Nione
Jun 3, 2006

Welcome to Trophy Island
Rub my tummy

RedFish posted:

I have a friend whose husband is an auto mechanic. The day they got home from their honeymoon her father-in-law asked her husband to come over and look at something in his car. He ended up electrocuting himself, the current jumping through his ring, and he got third degree burns on his finger. They thought they'd have to amputate at first, but he wouldn't let them and it ended up okay. Except the skin there is so sensitive that he can't wear a ring. They've been married for 4 years and he only wore his wedding band for 5 days. But he's got a permanent ring of scar tissue exactly the size and shape of his wedding ring on his finger. She likes to say "a wedding band can be taken off, but he's stuck with me until he dies or cuts off his finger."

Thanks for the advice about my mom, I'm just going to have to bite the bullet. We're going down to the winery where we're getting married with her in September so that'll be a good time to talk to her about it, in person and not over the phone. I just feel so bad about asking for money anyway and we have had a very rocky relationship that's finally a positive healthy one and I don't want to ruin it.

As for the wedding band, the necklace suggestion is actually a good one. I'm sure there's something we can figure out. And I definitely think we're going to go for the tattooed rings. We'll celebrate our 10th anniversary 2 months after the wedding so that might be a meaningful way to celebrate.

roop
May 10, 2002

I am become Roberto, the destroyer of scoring chances
I have a custom wedding card design that I'm making myself. What's the best way to get it printed into actual cards (i.e. with embossed printing on quality paper and folded in half)?

All the wedding invitation websites only have printing for their own designs.

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink

roop posted:

I have a custom wedding card design that I'm making myself. What's the best way to get it printed into actual cards (i.e. with embossed printing on quality paper and folded in half)?

All the wedding invitation websites only have printing for their own designs.

You need to look into local printing companies.

Nicol Bolas
Feb 13, 2009

King Skinny Pimp posted:

Titanium is actually completely nickel free, being that it's made entirely of titanium. :P

A hematite ring would be ballin' though.

A hematite ring would break pretty easily, though. I've broken hematite rings before.

I'm highly metal-sensitive, and I wear all titanium. It's the best!

zap actionsdower!
Aug 7, 2004

in favor of festivals
Regarding ring allergies: My husband and I have tungsten carbide rings. They rock. Mine matches well with my platinum engagement ring, and they cost, like, $40 each. We've been wearing them nonstop since April and they look literally good as new. The things are impossible to scratch, which is why we wanted them

However, they also can't be resized so down the road we may need to size up. So, hmm. They can also be hard to find in a ladies size/width. I actually wanted one a little narrower, but this one had turned out well.

Kiri koli
Jun 20, 2005
Also, I can kill you with my brain.

zap actionsdower! posted:

Regarding ring allergies: My husband and I have tungsten carbide rings. They rock. Mine matches well with my platinum engagement ring, and they cost, like, $40 each. We've been wearing them nonstop since April and they look literally good as new. The things are impossible to scratch, which is why we wanted them

However, they also can't be resized so down the road we may need to size up. So, hmm. They can also be hard to find in a ladies size/width. I actually wanted one a little narrower, but this one had turned out well.

I was wondering if I could find a tungsten carbide ring that would match a silver ring (I have white gold for my engagement). All the rings I see in jewelers is the darker silver. Where did you get yours?

JohnnyRnR
May 16, 2004
Beer Ninja
For ring allergies you really can't go wrong with pure Titanium or a tungsten carbide. The high quality ones are available in almost as many options as gold. It really has come a long way.

There are two secrets to fitting a ring for someone with a big knuckle and a small finger:
1) A ring with a slightly rounded rectangular shape! Only one company makes them and they're overly expensive.
2) A ring with a hidden hinge! I'll have to look these up as it has been a while.

Here's a quick example I googled up.

JohnnyRnR
May 16, 2004
Beer Ninja
I've spent the afternoon emailing this paragraph to several people so I'll post it here for everyone. I really need to get these up on our website, but I just have not had the time.

Below is an image of some traditional wedding bands that we can order.

Click here for the full 696x451 image.

Wedding bands are available in:
Yellow Gold (10k, 14k, 18k)
White Gold (10k, 14k, 18k)
Rose Gold
Palladium
Platinum

We also have some styles available in:
Titanium
Damascus Steel
Carbon Fiber
Tungsten Carbide
Mokume Gane
Ceramic

Precious metal pieces start at $200, and adjust based on metal type, ring size, and width. We include free shipping with every order.

Engraving is available for $35 on either the inside and outside of the band (or both!). After engraving we fill the space with a jeweler's enamel to add some color and to make the wording easier to read. You can choose any of black, blue, brown, green, pink, or red.

zap actionsdower!
Aug 7, 2004

in favor of festivals

Kiri koli posted:

I was wondering if I could find a tungsten carbide ring that would match a silver ring (I have white gold for my engagement). All the rings I see in jewelers is the darker silver. Where did you get yours?

Amazon. There are several dealers, and all seemed fine. We just chose based on the available sizes and widths. I've read that tungsten-only rings are more brittle, so go for the tungsten carbide.

King Skinny Pimp
Oct 24, 2004

by T. Finn
Wait, tungsten carbide can't be resized? Our jeweler said it would be fine to resize my husband's band if we needed to when we bought his band.

But you are right on it not ever scratching. That poo poo is resilient as gently caress.

fraay
Aug 14, 2009
My fiance and I are getting married in a couple weeks, and I've always wanted my wedding to be a very personal and private event. I discussed my thoughts with a number of people quite close to me to make sure they were all okay with my plans, and with their approval I decided to go with the bare minimum, the JP and 2 witnesses.

I've been to a number of beautiful weddings, greatly varying in price. I understand why people like to be extravagant. We could afford to do something fancy, and I imagine my father would help out with it as well. However it's just not my style and I wanted to keep the whole thing pretty cheap.

$240 - His/Her Rings (custom made wooden rings which can't be re-sized so we're getting 3 each of different sizes in case we pack on a few in the future :) )
$100 - His/Her Outfits
$75 - License
$100 - Gifts for witnesses
$250 - JP (this is our big splurge, getting a JP to come out to my father and step mothers place in the country to marry us at 1 AM)
------
$765

I'm still a little worried that people will be offended that we didn't invite everyone and make a big deal of it all. I often repeat to myself what my father said when I discussed the idea with him (and he was my biggest worry, being that he was a single dad and I am his only child and I fully expected him to have had his hopes set on some fancy wedding), "all anyone who cares about you wants is for you to have the wedding YOU want to have, everyone else doesn't deserve to be there anyways."

So far the winning idea my friends have come up with instead of "I do" (it's not something you are required to say to get married, here anyways), is to slap each others butts and say good game :). Haven't cleared that with the husband to be yet however.

Edit: I have a high skin sensitivity to metal which is one of the reasons we went with wooden rings. The other reasons are that absolutely I love the look of them, really like the idea of our rings being unique and I don't personally don't hold much value to precious metal/stones. We went with http://www.mnmwoodworks.etsy.com and the artist is wonderful to deal with, great prices and our rings are amazing.

fraay fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Sep 8, 2009

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink

King Skinny Pimp posted:

Wait, tungsten carbide can't be resized? Our jeweler said it would be fine to resize my husband's band if we needed to when we bought his band.

But you are right on it not ever scratching. That poo poo is resilient as gently caress.

Our jeweler told us his band couldn't be resized. If his finger gets bigger/smaller we'll have to buy a new ring.

King Skinny Pimp
Oct 24, 2004

by T. Finn

GoreJess posted:

Our jeweler told us his band couldn't be resized. If his finger gets bigger/smaller we'll have to buy a new ring.

Weird. I wonder if it has to do with the style or something. Huh.

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink

King Skinny Pimp posted:

Weird. I wonder if it has to do with the style or something. Huh.

If I remember correctly, it's because the metal doesn't soften when it's heated, like gold or platinum. Maybe your jeweler just meant that they will replace the ring with one in the correct size if it needs to be changed?

JohnnyRnR
May 16, 2004
Beer Ninja
Tungsten rings don't cost much, and the labor involved in resizing a tungsten ring would be ten times the cost of just buying a new one.

dopaMEAN
Dec 4, 2004

fraay posted:

Edit: I have a high skin sensitivity to metal which is one of the reasons we went with wooden rings. The other reasons are that absolutely I love the look of them, really like the idea of our rings being unique and I don't personally don't hold much value to precious metal/stones. We went with http://www.mnmwoodworks.etsy.com and the artist is wonderful to deal with, great prices and our rings are amazing.

I wonder if sensitive skin would have any reaction to the stuff used to treat the wood? I get eczema if I look at lotion the wrong way but those rings are really beautiful.

I think that your plan sounds really nice and your dad was right that you should hold to what you want for your wedding. Any particular reason you're doing it at 1am?

Intl Cron
Dec 5, 2005

I'm just an olde-fashioned cowboy...
After talking to my parents about my plans to propose, my mother surprised me with a few rings she had been saving for just an occasion. The settings were ugly, but the stones were in good shape. After resetting a sapphire and many diamonds into white gold, I picked up the final product today.

I propose tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!

LiaoOniisan posted:

After talking to my parents about my plans to propose, my mother surprised me with a few rings she had been saving for just an occasion. The settings were ugly, but the stones were in good shape. After resetting a sapphire and many diamonds into white gold, I picked up the final product today.

I propose tomorrow. Wish me luck!

That's beautiful - good luck!

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
Now that I have some free time on my hands, I'm going to reorganize the OP with updated links, suggestions, and advice that has been posted in the thread so far. Let me know if there is something you think should be included!

Fire In The Disco
Oct 4, 2007
I cannot change the gender of my unborn child and shouldn't waste my time or energy pretending he won't exist

Gravitee posted:

Now that I have some free time on my hands, I'm going to reorganize the OP with updated links, suggestions, and advice that has been posted in the thread so far. Let me know if there is something you think should be included!

I absolutely couldn't be happier with my moissanite engagement ring, for quite a few reasons, and I would love for you to include a blurb on moissanite as an alternative to diamond in the OP. I love it because:

- It has high refraction, higher than diamond, so it sends out more rainbows/sparkles more than the diamonds in my wedding band
- Lab created means it's a lot cheaper than diamond-- I was able to have the 1.5 carat solitaire I wanted for a price that didn't kill my husband's savings. I wouldn't have wanted him to spend an exorbitant amount.
- Super strong, nearly as strong as diamond, so you don't have to worry about it being scratched easily.
- Original moissanite was discovered in a meteor crash site. Space rocks rule. :3:
- For anyone who feels like they could never be sure that a diamond wasn't a conflict diamond (I know that conflict-free is totally available, but some people don't want to take the chance), moissanite, being lab created, takes care of that worry.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Farewell Horizon posted:

There is also platinum and tungsten carbide which I think are nickel free, and in general low to no allery.

TitaniumKay posted:

Make sure you ask your jeweler which metal was used in the finishing or binding process. Many manufacturers of tungsten carbide wedding band rings use cobalt as a binder, mostly because it is cheaper to produce. The problem with cobalt is that it bonds with oils in the skin and leeches out of the ring resulting in oxidation. The oxidation appears similar to tarnished silver, but cannot be removed by polishing or grinding. The better choice is nickel-binder tungsten carbide which is chemically inert, will not oxidize and because it is hypoallergenic, there is no danger of irritation to the skin. Be careful about dealing with a jeweler that doesn't specify that their tungsten wedding bands are made with the nickel binder alloy. Many jewelry stores do not know which alloy they are selling, and if they don't know, it is most likely cobalt alloy or pure tungsten, which lacks the hardness of tungsten carbide and are easily scratched.

fraay
Aug 14, 2009

dopaMEAN posted:

I wonder if sensitive skin would have any reaction to the stuff used to treat the wood? I get eczema if I look at lotion the wrong way but those rings are really beautiful.

I think that your plan sounds really nice and your dad was right that you should hold to what you want for your wedding. Any particular reason you're doing it at 1am?

I don't seem to have any skin problems other then metal and yellow foam in cushions. I've never really understood why I'm highly sensitive to those two things and nothing else. The rings are coated with something but I'm not really sure what, kind of feels like plastic.

My grandfather and I used to stay up all night by the fire looking at the stars and counting satellites. He passed quite a few years ago now but as cheesy as it sounds, I feel like getting married under the stars (weather permitting) is like having a piece of him there.

My fiance and I are both night-owls and generally prefer the quiet world under the stars to the bright, busy and noisy world during the day. Plus, I simply think it's neat to get married at night :).

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink

Gravitee posted:

I'll give you some links :) I have not used all of these, obviously, but they have good reviews from friends.

DIY Flower Ordering
Fifty Flowers-http://www.fiftyflowers.com/
Sams Club-http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?catg=605

Invitations
Wedding Paper Divas-http://www.weddingpaperdivas.com/
Paper Source-http://www.paper-source.com/
Jean M-http://www.myjeanm.com/

Photo Booth Rental
Party Booths (nationwide)-http://www.partybooths.com/

Online Dress Ordering
Great if you need a lower price for a gown you love. Since these are also brick-and-mortar stores you know that you're getting the real thing, and not some knockoff if you bought it off Ebay. They're also great for ordering bridesmaid dresses.
Pearl's Place-http://www.pearlsplace.com/
Jay's Bridal-http://www.jaysbridal.com/

Wedding Blogs/Inspiration Sites
Wedding Bee-http://www.weddingbee.com/
Style Me Pretty-http://www.stylemepretty.com/
DIY Bride-http://www.diybride.com/
Shanbrite Designs-http://weddings.shanbritedesigns.com/ (This is a very poorly designed site, but she has lots of templates & free fonts to download)
Project Wedding-http://www.projectwedding.com/

Bruiser
Apr 4, 2007

by Shine
Well, I never thought I'd be posting in this thread, but here it goes! I've been with my girlfriend for three years and have lived with her for the past year. I work in the club industry and the endless parade of :airquote: hotties :airquote: has only cemented what I already knew... this girl is my first, my last, my everything

So, now comes the planning for the proposal. Pretty sure I'm going to go with something simulated because of the cost (and the fact I want to buy a house for her some day). I've got a lot of pressure on me because one of my best friends just got his finance a new ring after a recent trip to Dubai. Seriously, he could have bought a boat. Should... have bought a boat.

I've been reading the thread about rings, and I was wondering if anyone had proposal ideas out there. How did your SO do it? It's getting pretty hard when she says, "Do you need help with the dishes, babe?" to not respond with, "OHMYGODIWANTTOMARRYYOU... the dishes will keep though."

Fire In The Disco
Oct 4, 2007
I cannot change the gender of my unborn child and shouldn't waste my time or energy pretending he won't exist
My husband proposed to me in a pretty unique fashion. It took some setting up on his part, but it worked out perfectly in the end.

We were celebrating our dating anniversary in Vegas that year. We had a room at the Tropicana, and planned on having dinner anniversary night at the Rainforest Cafe, which is in the MGM, directly across the street from the Tropicana. We hadn't necessarily planned on eating there, but the hotel gave us free appetizer coupons.

We got to the restaurant and he realized he'd left the app coupons in the room, so I farted around in the gift shop while he ran across the street and got them, and, of course, did a little setting up.

Dinner was fine, and we were both a little bit tipsy at the end of it. We wandered back over to our room. He opened the door, and there was a note on the floor. He picked it up and read it to me. It said:

"Due to a power outage, the combination on your in-room safe may have defaulted to the factory combination of 9999."

Now, we'd been using the in-room safe to store things like the laptop and my purse when we were out and about, and also just because it was kinda fun. So, he said, "Hey, honey, want to see if ours is 9999?" I put in the code, opened the door, and found this waiting inside:

I squealed a lot. :3:

Overall, it was a totally unique and completely unforgettable way to get proposed to. It's a memory I'll always remember and love.

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe

Bruiser posted:

I've been reading the thread about rings, and I was wondering if anyone had proposal ideas out there. How did your SO do it?

If you've been reading the thread then you read what I did. I hired a professional photographer, because she was a friend and we'd been wanting nice photos of us. I proposed to her on the beach during the photo shoot and captured the exact moment. We're very happy with how the pictures turned out, and I've been getting tons of praise for my method.

There's no way I'm going to give FYAD ammunition by posting the pics here, but I'll share them over PM's if you care to see what I mean.

Sneaky Monkey
Jan 12, 2007

Beware of Hug Ninja. Trespassers will be hugged.

Bruiser posted:

I've been reading the thread about rings, and I was wondering if anyone had proposal ideas out there. How did your SO do it? It's getting pretty hard when she says, "Do you need help with the dishes, babe?" to not respond with, "OHMYGODIWANTTOMARRYYOU... the dishes will keep though."

Maybe you could see if she's got any ideas for how she'd like her proposal. Maybe be sneaky and act like some old friends of yours that she doesn't know got engaged and bring it up like casual conversation. I can't really give you any ideas based on ours because our proposal was kinda close to your example up there. :sweatdrop: We were just talking and it came to a point where there was nothing else to say. We didn't have a ring, we weren't out anywhere special, just him and me at home together at 3AM.

Best of luck, Bruiser! Knowing you, whatever you do will probably end up being worthy of a thread in and of itself.

smoke detector
Feb 14, 2008
oh hi!

Fire In The Disco posted:

"Due to a power outage, the combination on your in-room safe may have defaulted to the factory combination of 9999."

That is super, super cute. Even if you were expecting a proposal, the way it happened was totally unexpected (I bet). This is definitely one of the best surprise engagement stories I've heard!

Fire In The Disco
Oct 4, 2007
Awww, thanks for complimenting my husband's creativity. :3: It was a huge surprise to me! We'd talked about getting married while we were in Vegas and skipping all the engagement and wedding stuff, but then he decided he wanted to go a little more traditional...with a twist. He told me later that if he'd thought of it earlier, he would have asked someone at the front desk to write the note so that he didn't have to make sure he was the one who picked it up. But he got lucky, I didn't catch on or anything. :)

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

First cousin to the Black Rabbit himself. Such was Woundwort's monument...and perhaps it would not have displeased him.<
Can someone give me some links to sites with men's wedding bands? I know bluenile and apparently JohnnyRnR's site, but where else? I do a search for platinum or white gold wedding bands and the sites that come up are utter poo poo and look fly-by-night. I'm looking for a polished finish white gold or platinum, either 4 or 5mm.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Whitey Ford posted:

I'm getting an engagement ring custom made for my girlfriend similar to this, but in yellow gold;

I checked the price against BlueNile for the main diamond;

Princess Cut
0.98ct
Clarity IF
Color G
Cut Very Good

BlueNile is quoting $6,400AUD ($5300 USD) for the same diamond and mine is $4,900AUD ($4,050 USD). So did I get a bargain or is BlueNile overpriced?

The total cost of the ring with 18ct gold and 16 small diamonds is $7,400AUD ($6,150 USD) including tax :ohdear:

It will take about 3 weeks, then it's up to me to propose. This has been difficult because we have shared accounts so I hope I manage to pull it off without her noticing.
This was just delivered to me about an hour ago.

Now it's up to me to propose. Wish me luck!

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
Does anyone have any experience with honeymoon registries? I like the idea because we really don't need much in the way of household items, and it seems much better than just asking for cash. I dislike the idea because from what I've seen, the sites out there (like honeymoonwishes.com) pretty much just take in the money, then give it back to you after charging 7-10%.

covener
Jan 10, 2004

You know, for kids!

ixo posted:

Does anyone have any experience with honeymoon registries? I like the idea because we really don't need much in the way of household items, and it seems much better than just asking for cash. I dislike the idea because from what I've seen, the sites out there (like honeymoonwishes.com) pretty much just take in the money, then give it back to you after charging 7-10%.

We were dissuaded for the same reason, and just opted to have a very sparse registry.

Fire In The Disco
Oct 4, 2007
You could set up a PayPal account and tie it to an email address specifically made for your wedding. Then you can do either email or regular mail (or both) cards to tell about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KarmaCandy
Jan 14, 2006

ixo posted:

My friend did this recently, and not one person signed on to it (they had other household items to choose from). It seems that the people who really care about getting a gift off the registry were also more traditional and preferred to give more traditional household gifts, and the people who were going to give cash still just defaulted to cash because it's easier.