Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.
I'm trying to stay disciplined and arrange my finances so that my next two purchases are a Carvin V3 Head and the Voodoo Labs Ground Control Pro, but this guy from TGP's True Bypass Loops (scroll down to where it says "Custom") are loving tempting.

I'm thinking a 16-loop true bypass loop with expression pedal (for a Dwarfcraft Devices Power Struggle) and a flip flop...if I've added correctly, it should be $280-ish.

Decisions, decisions...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

who cares
Jul 25, 2006

Doomsday Machine

It's awesome.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

who cares posted:

It's awesome.

I have the Pod X3 Live, but when that came out I was sorely tempted. But then I like the amp modeling of the Pod.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

I joined the vintage Ibanez club today - a 1977 Silver Series Strat is the latest addition to the family. It's my first Stratocaster, and it's fantastic so far. A few dings here and there, but for a 32 year old instrument, I think I can deal with it.

Click here for the full 358x1023 image.

Click here for the full 381x720 image.

Click here for the full 512x322 image.

Ferrous Wheel
Aug 18, 2007

"This is not only a security risk but we occasionally get pigeons roosting in the space as a result."
Vintage Ibanez club is the best club, and that guitar is a beautiful example of its kind.

Optiquest
Feb 8, 2004

Heres a pedal board I had custom made recently. The natural resonating frequencies of the materials used in its construction really bring out the harmonic overtones that decay in a long signal chain. It's flawless finish also helps lower tones catch up to the ones higher in our hearing register, which naturally move around faster.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

The Leck posted:

I joined the vintage Ibanez club today - a 1977 Silver Series Strat is the latest addition to the family. It's my first Stratocaster, and it's fantastic so far. A few dings here and there, but for a 32 year old instrument, I think I can deal with it.

Click here for the full 358x1023 image.

Click here for the full 381x720 image.

Click here for the full 512x322 image.

Looks like the perfect compliment to my '78 Ibanez P-bass

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Optiquest posted:

Heres a pedal board I had custom made recently. The natural resonating frequencies of the materials used in its construction really bring out the harmonic overtones that decay in a long signal chain. It's flawless finish also helps lower tones catch up to the ones higher in our hearing register, which naturally move around faster.

That doesn't look very balanced. I'll bet you get poo poo tone out of that.

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Scarf posted:

Looks like the perfect compliment to my '78 Ibanez P-bass

That's actually exactly what I had in mind when I saw it. Reading that Ibanez appreciation thread completely paid off for me - the ad had no pictures and no details, but I knew it was something special.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

I just traded a Boss AC-2 for a ridiculous pedal:

Normally this is where I'd go on about how transparent the overdrive is, and how it's got a nice subtle mid boost that cuts through the mix... but the truth is that it makes your guitar sound like a $12 Casio keyboard being played through a 5 watt Gorilla amp that's been thrown out of a speeding car.

Still, it's cool having what is probably Boss's first distortion pedal. I'll try to post samples later.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Well no wonder, it says right here "Made in Japan."

DrChu
May 14, 2002

bisticles posted:

but the truth is that it makes your guitar sound like a $12 Casio keyboard being played through a 5 watt Gorilla amp that's been thrown out of a speeding car.

That seems to be a surprisingly accurate description:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6Tj13G1sI0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-ky5EbxSV8

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Well, to be fair, it's not really meant for guitar. The two inputs are labeled lead and bass, so monophonic sources suit it best. I plugged a bass into it this morning and it makes a lot more sense. It's got a real dirty fuzz sound to it, which can be dialed down with the main knob. To be honest, I haven't been playing with it all that much because it came the same day as my Barber SmallFry, and I've been having a good time getting that all set up.

Rimjob Rodeo
Apr 29, 2004

bisticles posted:

Well, to be fair, it's not really meant for guitar. The two inputs are labeled lead and bass, so monophonic sources suit it best. I plugged a bass into it this morning and it makes a lot more sense. It's got a real dirty fuzz sound to it, which can be dialed down with the main knob. To be honest, I haven't been playing with it all that much because it came the same day as my Barber SmallFry, and I've been having a good time getting that all set up.

Maybe it's just my love for retarded fuzz tones but I dig that pedal a bunch dude.

vac
Jul 10, 2005
:o
Yes, holy poo poo what I would do for that. What an incredible fuzzzzzzzzz. I've never heard a fuzz want to kill its player so badly.

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.
Hi, my name is Gorilla, and I'm a pedalphile. At first it was just cheap-o multieffects that I'd enjoy with friends...just trying to have fun. I eventually got a DS-1, and thought nothing of it. "I'm still a good person," I thought...Now? Well, I have a collection...my favorite is EHX, but I'm not afraid to step outside the lines, if you know what I mean. It had been a week since my last pedal, but today I relapsed...you know me, always the EHX fan.

(no offense to any real-life addicts out there, and best of luck with your sobriety!)

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice

Optiquest posted:

How the hell do you get it so neat? My pedalboard has all kinds of sideways pedals and power wires that are too long that I have no idea how to organize.

Optiquest
Feb 8, 2004

hamaien posted:

How the hell do you get it so neat? My pedalboard has all kinds of sideways pedals and power wires that are too long that I have no idea how to organize.

Everything is just folded and bunched together and strapped down to the ironing board with a zip tie. As far as the pedals everything is epoxied to velcro.

edit- I just bought a guitar off ebay and the guy shipped it today.. but hes asking for an extra 15$ on top of what I already paid him, saying it cost him that much more than what he quoted me on. What should I do?

Optiquest fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Sep 14, 2009

Doomy
Oct 19, 2004

Optiquest posted:

Everything is just folded and bunched together and strapped down to the ironing board with a zip tie. As far as the pedals everything is epoxied to velcro.

edit- I just bought a guitar off ebay and the guy shipped it today.. but hes asking for an extra 15$ on top of what I already paid him, saying it cost him that much more than what he quoted me on. What should I do?

Tell him to gently caress himself, he's already given you a quote and shipped it even. It's his problem to give you the right quote the first time, not yours.

edit: think of it this way, if it was $15 cheaper to ship than quoted, he most likely wouldn't refund your money!

Doomy fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Sep 14, 2009

who cares
Jul 25, 2006

Doomsday Machine

Optiquest posted:

How much was the original quote for?

Optiquest
Feb 8, 2004

who cares posted:

How much was the original quote for?

The calculator on the auction page lists $43.22 to the address it will be sent to (I am paying from a different one), but he sent me an invoice for $50 for shipping. And now hes asking for extra. I think I'll ask him for my 6 odd dollars back...

who cares
Jul 25, 2006

Doomsday Machine

Optiquest posted:

The calculator on the auction page lists $43.22 to the address it will be sent to (I am paying from a different one), but he sent me an invoice for $50 for shipping. And now hes asking for extra. I think I'll ask him for my 6 odd dollars back...

Yeah, in that case I definitely wouldn't send him any more money for shipping. If he had quoted you $20, then it might be a different story, but what you paid seems totally reasonable.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

I regularly end up spending twice as much on shipping as I quote someone for shipping, but I don't think I've ever asked for that money. If I quote shipping low and it costs more to do it right, I consider that on me rather than on the buyer. They lived up to their end of the bargain when they paid me. I just consider it "splitting" the shipping when that happens.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Agreed posted:

I regularly end up spending twice as much on shipping as I quote someone for shipping, but I don't think I've ever asked for that money. If I quote shipping low and it costs more to do it right, I consider that on me rather than on the buyer. They lived up to their end of the bargain when they paid me. I just consider it "splitting" the shipping when that happens.
Exactly. If you charge someone a flat shipping charge, you can't go up it later. If you charge someone "actual shipping" then it's on you to figure out what that's gonna be before you invoice them. Either way, you don't go back and ask for more money because you made a mistake.

Raze
Aug 13, 2005

I'M GOING HOME.

Agreed posted:

This. I sold a heavy rear end combo amp on ebay with $50 shipping and it ended up costing me $125, but it was my own drat fault for not figuring it out first.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

bisticles posted:

I just traded a Boss AC-2 for a ridiculous pedal:

Normally this is where I'd go on about how transparent the overdrive is, and how it's got a nice subtle mid boost that cuts through the mix... but the truth is that it makes your guitar sound like a $12 Casio keyboard being played through a 5 watt Gorilla amp that's been thrown out of a speeding car.

Still, it's cool having what is probably Boss's first distortion pedal. I'll try to post samples later.
That sounds awesome

If you ever want to sell that poo poo give me a buzz, I'm just up the road :v:

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Pablo Gigante posted:

That sounds awesome

If you ever want to sell that poo poo give me a buzz, I'm just up the road :v:

I'm sure I'll have to have a gear garage sale sometime soon. I've been on a G.A.S. bender lately.

Speaking of gear buying sprees...

Bought it from a TGP user who was selling it as broken. Turns out the main rectifier diode was burned up, grounding the incoming 9v current. I replaced the diode and now I've got a gen-u-ine MIJ PH-1r.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

I brag about getting free drinks from my boss to make myself feel superior
Fun Shoe
Speaking of buying sprees...

Here is my new pedal board which is actually a piece of furnature from Ikea, named Gorm.

Off to the right is a volume pedal, then a SD-1, Marshall Shreadmaster, DOD 440 envlope filter, Small Stone, A boss delay pedal and finally a poly Chorus. Underneath the pedal board is a voodoo labs power supply.

MrWeight
Dec 9, 2006

by Ozma
I've never posted my poo poo ever so here it is.

Bobby_Wokkerfella
Apr 16, 2007

i am a black female myself and i am not good of can't sporting another black person who doesn't look black,like other brothas and sistas

My newish Ibanez GSR200 next to my new Epiphone AG

Bobby_Wokkerfella fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Sep 15, 2009

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I bought a used Behringer modulizer. Why? It was 20€ + shipping! I'm telling you this because it arrived with what I thought was a defective potentiometer, but - spin it around for 15-30 minutes back and forth and it'll start working properly again. Hope that helps if that happens to you in the future.

Put my guitar and EA1 through it, sounds superb for all the poo poo Behringer gets. The ringmodulator is fun to play with, the tube distortion beats the one I hear in their pedals, the phasers are good. Makes me realize how bad the effects in the KP3 really are. I need to use it more before I start feeling like I should sell it and get the new Korg Wavedrum or something instead :/

usualhandle posted:

If you are looking atan EMX, it's pretty cool. I got one a month ago and it's got some good granulator in it.

There's also some cool PCM waves in it too.

Tried a friends EMX out, does things right, sounds a fair bit nicer to my ears with proper tubes, but I can't part with the EM1 and EA1 and go to just one machine. It's the 303 & 909 thing, I need a synth and a drum machine.

(I need to add a second EA1 to my rig :v: and another hand)

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Scarf posted:

The Cort plant in S. Korea where they were being produced closed at some time in 08 I believe. All Skyline-Series Lakland since then have been from Indo. A lot of people have said the Indo Laklands feel even nicer than the older Korean ones.

Ok got the scoop straight from Dan Lakin's mouth... Initially the plant wasn't closing, they simply wanted to up production costs. In order to keep the skyline series at the same price point, they moved it to Indo. THEN the plant closed.

Scarf fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Sep 15, 2009

7 Bowls of Wrath
Mar 30, 2007
Thats so metal.

Click here for the full 493x800 image (stock photo).

My Wiggler is being sent out for repairs and I needed a tremolo for this weekend, so I impulse bought this guy :10bux:. Sounds pretty good, I think Ill hold on to it.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

ALL HAIL THE HYPNO PEDAL

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
No Hypnopedal, don't make me kill myself! agagahhaghhahgagahh

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

bisticles posted:

ALL HAIL THE HYPNO PEDAL

A friend in a trip-hop band has a SL-20 Slicer. You should totally get one of those.

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.

Minto Took posted:

A friend in a trip-hop band has a SL-20 Slicer. You should totally get one of those.
Just saw a demo for this, seems like it's a sequenced tremolo/phaser with specifically programmed rhythmic patterns, but what intrigued me most about the video I saw was this dudes guitar, anybody know what it is?

Gorilla Salsa fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Sep 16, 2009

black_mastermind
Oct 30, 2008
That's a Breedlove! They now make electric stuff, they look awesome!

http://breedlovemusic.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=46&Itemid=116

Gorilla Salsa
Dec 4, 2007

Post Post Post.

black_mastermind posted:

That's a Breedlove! They now make electric stuff, they look awesome!

http://breedlovemusic.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=46&Itemid=116

HOLY poo poo, that is an expensive guitar...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Yet some of their guitars are still cheaper than Gibsons.