Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
The last two are beautiful. I still want the Russian home kit with Arshavin on the back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

What's the consensus on shirts without sponsors? I'm thinking about ordering a couple Liverpool tops off their website (loving Swiss customs :argh:) and since we're getting a new sponsor next year that's not alcohol I figured I'd get them sans Carlsberg. I always think the kit looks great when we play in France.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

God I'm very jealous of you English for getting amazing kits...

Info on the England 10/12 Away kit

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Directorman posted:

Honestly I don't know what they're going to do after these kits come up for change because they seem perfect.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
Might have to actually buy my first ever England kit if it's as good as it sounds.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I was in Spain this weekend, and when checking out some Barça kits I noticed a shirt with Ibrahimovic's name on it, but it was a shirt of the previous season :psyduck:
And also, all the Barca shirts I saw in tourist shops had a rubber crest on them. I thought that that was fake, until I saw the exact same shirts in the airport. I really was convinced that the crest was embroided, and not some rubber thing that looks like it belongs on a keychain...

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

beedeebee posted:

I was in Spain this weekend, and when checking out some Barça kits I noticed a shirt with Ibrahimovic's name on it, but it was a shirt of the previous season :psyduck:
And also, all the Barca shirts I saw in tourist shops had a rubber crest on them. I thought that that was fake, until I saw the exact same shirts in the airport. I really was convinced that the crest was embroided, and not some rubber thing that looks like it belongs on a keychain...

I've always heard that the embroidered crests are just for replicas, and the on-the-pitch kits have heat pressed ones. Could be waaaaaaaaay off though.

Speaking of something like that. The first Liverpool jersey I bought a few years back (the home one with the collar), the letters and numbers are some felt-ish material. All the others I've gotten have just been heat pressed like the sponsor on the front. What gives?

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

esperantinc posted:

I've always heard that the embroidered crests are just for replicas, and the on-the-pitch kits have heat pressed ones. Could be waaaaaaaaay off though.

It varies. I have game worn ones with embroidered crests and ones with heat-pressed felt crests, just as I have some game worns that are identical to what's sold in the shop and some that are of different fabric.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

esperantinc posted:

Speaking of something like that. The first Liverpool jersey I bought a few years back (the home one with the collar), the letters and numbers are some felt-ish material. All the others I've gotten have just been heat pressed like the sponsor on the front. What gives?

I have a few older Milan kits like that, including one where the sponsor is the same material. Im pretty sure somebody on this forum said that, at least in the Premiere League, the felt ones are what the players wear on the field. I have no idea if that's correct though. For what it's worth, all the ones I've bought in person at the Milan store have been with the felt like lettering.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

GravityDaemon posted:

I have a few older Milan kits like that, including one where the sponsor is the same material. Im pretty sure somebody on this forum said that, at least in the Premiere League, the felt ones are what the players wear on the field. I have no idea if that's correct though. For what it's worth, all the ones I've bought in person at the Milan store have been with the felt like lettering.

Official Premier League numbers/badges are that felt material. Some places offer authentic numbering, some replica numbering. The authentic numbers/badges are bigger and felt. The replica numbers are screen on and smaller but the badges are felt but also smaller.

I'll post a pic of two shirts I have to compare and contrast if I can be bothered to do it.

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
Sorry for asking but I don't wanna scroll through this thread full of shirts again - anyone got a link to a good shirt shop?

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

saihttam posted:

Sorry for asking but I don't wanna scroll through this thread full of shirts again - anyone got a link to a good shirt shop?

http://www.soccertriads.com

Got both the German and Bayern home jerseys from here and they're great. Don't know if they're knockoffs or not, but they look and feel pretty drat authentic and were half the price of WorldSoccerShop.com.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Lazlow posted:

Got both the German and Bayern home jerseys from here and they're great. Don't know if they're knockoffs or not, but they look and feel pretty drat authentic and were half the price of WorldSoccerShop.com.

I'd recommend them as well - I got a long-sleeve home Liverpool jersey from them last year. I'm happy with the quality and the price was great; unfortunately like most of these quasi-legit sites, the only available sizes are "M" (42" Chest) or "XL" (48").

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

sticksy posted:

I'd recommend them as well - I got a long-sleeve home Liverpool jersey from them last year. I'm happy with the quality and the price was great; unfortunately like most of these quasi-legit sites, the only available sizes are "M" (42" Chest) or "XL" (48").

That, and they don't have all clubs, only the most popular from certain leagues and countries. They only have Bayern and Werder from the Bundesliga, for example.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl

luvd posted:

Might have to actually buy my first ever England kit if it's as good as it sounds.

Only if you promise to use it as standard issue uniform when holidaying.

pimpslap
Nov 27, 2002
new home, old colors, same Arsenal

saihttam posted:

Just got an order from Bornprosper, which I guess is the former Jomzajung/Bestway4you. Positives are they accept PayPal (so your CC # doesn't get stolen) and they have full size runs (or at least more than just M and XL). I got a last year's long sleeve Arsenal away and a Dutch away. Sizing seems about right (M= US Medium, maybe a smidge bigger). Both seem to have proper fabrics, badges, etc. The only thing that makes me think "fake" is the size/care tag on the inside side seam looks "off" and the felt backing inside the shirt and behind some of the embroidery (like the Nike swoosh) seems to be untrimmed (if that makes sense). Don't know about their name/number/patches as I didn't get any of those. Delivery took about 2.5 weeks from Thailand to Colorado.

pimpslap fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Sep 18, 2009

Orange Carebear
Aug 25, 2009

sticksy posted:

Wow I was thinking about getting that EXACT kit (with Kuyt cause hes Kuyt). Is the "M" the same as the "M" that you would get from a worldsoccershop? I have a "M" legit home kit and its a little tight.

Orange Carebear fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Sep 18, 2009

Sourpuss
Mar 18, 2007

Chomb Chomb Chomb

pimpslap posted:

Just got an order from Bornprosper, which I guess is the former Jomzajung/Bestway4you. Positives are they accept PayPal (so your CC # doesn't get stolen) and they have full size runs (or at least more than just M and XL). I got a last year's long sleeve Arsenal away and a Dutch away. Sizing seems about right (M= US Medium, maybe a smidge bigger). Both seem to have proper fabrics, badges, etc. The only thing that makes me think "fake" is the size/care tag on the inside side seam looks "off" and the felt backing inside the shirt and behind some of the embroidery (like the Nike swoosh) seems to be untrimmed (if that makes sense). Don't know about their name/number/patches as I didn't get any of those. Delivery took about 2.5 weeks from Thailand to Colorado.

Hmm, anyone know what numbering style to use for 08-09 Fiorentina shirt?
When I get paid im grabbing this and Juve Away shirt.

ohnoyoudidnt
Mar 19, 2005

I was told there would be pie

Directorman posted:

So after we fail in the quarterfinals yet again, what tactic will we have left to convince ourselves we'll win the next World Cup?

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

ohnoyoudidnt posted:

So after we fail in the quarterfinals yet again, what tactic will we have left to convince ourselves we'll win the next World Cup?

"This is the best group of lads we've ever had"

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

thehappyprince posted:

"This is the best group of lads we've ever had"

It is the best manager though, and a great squad.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

Shrapnac posted:

Official Premier League numbers/badges are that felt material. Some places offer authentic numbering, some replica numbering. The authentic numbers/badges are bigger and felt. The replica numbers are screen on and smaller but the badges are felt but also smaller.

I'll post a pic of two shirts I have to compare and contrast if I can be bothered to do it.

The actual answer is that unlike you guys in the US where you apparently have about 5 different grades of replica jersey ("authentic", etc), in Europe you just get what they give you and unless it is a blatant Chinese fake it's good enough.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
If you think that's bad you should see the grades of pointyball jerseys. And the prices. And the people who wear them.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

CubanMissile posted:

And the people who wear them.

gently caress you.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

CubanMissile posted:

If you think that's bad you should see the grades of pointyball jerseys. And the prices. And the people who wear them.

I pay just as much for my "pointyball" jerseys as I do my football jerseys.

Mind you they are all bootlegs, but still!

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

If you die in Canada, you die in real life.
Pointyball jerseys just seem like you're getting less for your money since they're mostly mesh. The Raiders still have a pretty awesome jersey, though.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Dragon Jones posted:

Pointyball jerseys just seem like you're getting less for your money since they're mostly mesh. The Raiders still have a pretty awesome jersey, though.

I like to tell myself that actual sewn-on cloth numbers and patches make up for spending $80 on something that probably cost about 50 cents to produce.

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

If you die in Canada, you die in real life.
True, don't forget about that glorious team sponsor de jour.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
The thing is you get almost no variety whatsoever. The only differences between most of them are some have numbers on the sleeves and some have a logo. That's about it.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

CubanMissile posted:

The thing is you get almost no variety whatsoever. The only differences between most of them are some have numbers on the sleeves and some have a logo. That's about it.

You are literally retarded.

wicka fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Sep 23, 2009

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Oh sorry, one has Bengal tiger print on it.

Distant Mist
Apr 22, 2008
These sites look great, but what about the shipping costs? I couldn't find anything there..

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Distant Mist posted:

These sites look great, but what about the shipping costs? I couldn't find anything there..

Bornprosper/jomzajung is £6 air mail to the UK, which is what I have. Make an order and check out and it'll give you a choice of payment menthods, which will include giving you shipping costs, before you pay (then just don't pay if you don't want to)

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Lazlow posted:

Wow, awesome prices. I just ordered a new Arsenal away shirt. :coal:

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Still waiting for soccertriads to get the chelsea 3rd kit in :mad:

Sourpuss
Mar 18, 2007

Chomb Chomb Chomb

Nothus posted:

Wow, awesome prices. I just ordered a new Arsenal away shirt. :coal:

Its cheaper at the bornprosper site.

Just to ask again, has anyone found any decent lettering to use for the Foirentina 0809 kit on bornprosper?

Craiglen
Sep 2, 2006

wicka posted:

gently caress you.

Calm down you angry oval office, no need for that.

Dragon Jones posted:

I have a Raiders baseball cap that I'm keeping for when they begin to not be the worst team in the NFL...

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Shame I'm not a Arsenal supporter, because I really like their 3rd kit.

And along with my hate for most pointyball jerseys, I can't even get hats or shirts for my team becuase the Dolphins have some seriously ugly colors. Maybe they got a grey tshirt.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Craiglen posted:

Calm down you angry oval office, no need for that.

I have a Raiders baseball cap that I'm keeping for when they begin to not be the worst team in the NFL...

plastic fan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

CubanMissile posted:

Shame I'm not a Arsenal supporter, because I really like their 3rd kit.

And along with my hate for most pointyball jerseys, I can't even get hats or shirts for my team becuase the Dolphins have some seriously ugly colors. Maybe they got a grey tshirt.

WILDCAT