Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

FractionMan posted:

But it really isn't anything that needs to be addressed, there is currently no conflict there. All three adult parties are happy in their current lives, and it doesn't need to be brought up.

I agree, the close-call episodes where they all learn that No Matter What They're A Family are closure enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
The point isn't that there needs to be a definitive result for that character touchstone. Only a casual viewer would expect that. What is at stake is that in the last season, it would be addressed properly "one more time for the road" as the ultimate evolution of that plot string.

ANMAN
May 24, 2007
ehhh...meh
The only way it would work for dale to find out is if John Redcorn was an alien in disguise! (and that his wife's migraines were from the alien mind control or something, wtf I'm no writer lol)

Though this reminds me that Dale once thought Redcorn was gay, then in another episode he's cheering him on for all the casual sex he has.

One thing I wish happened was Hank kicking Bill's rear end for what he did to him in the high school gym during the Arlen Flood. *drops keys* Hank: Can you get those for me? **POW!!**

ANMAN fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Sep 15, 2009

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:
Seems like a fat chance this soon but anyone know of anywhere where it's been uploaded already for us poor idiots who missed it?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

ANMAN posted:

One thing I wash happened was Hank kicking Bill's rear end for what he did to him in the high school gym during the Arlen Flood. *drops keys* Hank: Can you get those for me? **POW!!**
There are a few episodes where Bill receives undeserved authority and lords it over Hank and everyone before he ruins everything and needs Hank to save the day. it's one of the treasured story archetypes!

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

"Unless you consider eggs protein."

"I do not."

ArgaWarga
Apr 8, 2005

dare to fail gloriously

LividLiquid posted:

"Unless you consider eggs protein."

"I do not."

Just watched it on Hulu, that was the best line! gently caress I'm going to miss this show! I really regret getting into it so late in the game.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

Amused to Death posted:

Seems like a fat chance this soon but anyone know of anywhere where it's been uploaded already for us poor idiots who missed it?
Hulu

KillRoy
Dec 28, 2004
I many not go down in history but I'll go down on you sister.
Rancho Unicorno.

Farewell sweet prince.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

FractionMan posted:

Also, I find it pretty sad that these 2 episodes have almost more posts in them than the past 2 season's threads had. Where was everyone when it had a proper schedule?

Pre-empted by football.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
But guys....

Jeff Boomhauer

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

Parachute posted:

But guys....

Jeff Boomhauer

We already knew that

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
The only thing that could have made the last episode better is Peggy dying.

That would have made it perfect.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Welcome to Hot Springs, home of Bill Clinton!

*Hank locks doors*

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

Well I finally saw it and all in all that was a pretty good last episode. The ending made me feel all warm and tingly in the heart. Love, beef and Texas, what more could you want

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

Crotch Bat posted:

Welcome to Hot Springs, home of Bill Clinton!

*Hank locks doors*

I've seen that episode I don't know how many times and I'd honestly missed that joke until tonight- or had at least forgotten it.

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

I have the same blood type as peggy. and this is my favorite of her conflicts with minh

e: hahahaha bill's dream

Your Proud Pal fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Sep 15, 2009

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

My favorite line from the finale episodes was Bill saying "Goodbye little beer cans! You tried your best to help me!"

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
"Why would you pass up a chance to compete at a State level? Especially when that state is Texas?" :3:

Annakie fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Oct 31, 2013

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
I'm freaking out, you guys. I'M FREAKING OUT!

Hope we get to see those last four some time. I also hope the Dale/Nancy/John Redcorn thing doesn't get "resolved" any further.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

"It doesn't matter if you win or not, you guys are a team, brought together by your love of beer"
"Um, I only care about winning"
"Dude I'm a vegetarian"
"Ugh, I'm going to sit with the cow in back"

Though the beginning with pajama slide! and the Ugh, not even done with breakfast and that boy ain't right, not only hysterical, but one of the best that boy ain't rights ever.

PopRocks
Jul 4, 2003

WTF am I reading?
So I'm thinking about going as Peggy Hill for Halloween this year. How do I keep it from looking like Sarah Palin?

I'm definitely drawing inspiration from that sweet Peggy arm tattoo. Hoo-yeah!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hope everyone likes the new thread title.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

PopRocks posted:

So I'm thinking about going as Peggy Hill for Halloween this year. How do I keep it from looking like Sarah Palin?

I'm definitely drawing inspiration from that sweet Peggy arm tattoo. Hoo-yeah!

Sarah Palin wears professional looking business suits with a skirt. Peggy Hill wears shorts and a t-shirt.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Sarah Palin wears professional looking business suits with a skirt. Peggy Hill wears shorts and a t-shirt.

They'll think you're Sarah Palin after she resigned.

Mach5
Aug 1, 2004

Shatfaced!

I just wanted to point something out, which I think is a pretty subtle joke: Look closely at the Zip Code.

IT'S A ZIP CODE FROM OKLAHOMA CITY! OOOH MAH GAWWD!!!!

Mach5 fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Sep 16, 2009

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

Mach5 posted:

I just wanted to point something out, which I think is a pretty subtle joke: Look closely at the Zip Code.

Hahaha, thank you, I would've never even looked at that on my own. Even after it's over King of the Hill leaves me one last subtle joke

Ganon
May 24, 2003
I love Hank's obsession with AAA.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

These 4 episodes have got me buggin'. How the gently caress are we going to see these? How will we know? It's not like anyone formally schedules them with advanced warning. :ssj: :argh:

Spook
Feb 25, 2002

Silence of the MOTHERFUCKING LAMBS!!

Mach5 posted:

It isn't a joke, it is a mistake.

the "actual" Arlen zip code is 78104, this typo is 73104.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

FractionMan posted:

Also, I find it pretty sad that these 2 episodes have almost more posts in them than the past 2 season's threads had. Where was everyone when it had a proper schedule?

The problem with discussing a show like KotH, is that there generally isn't any sort of rampant speculation like you'd get out of a serialized drama like in the Lost threads, and no "Worst episode ever," bitching like in The Simpsons threads. So the discussion was fairly limited.

Poster 1: Tonight's King of the Hill was pretty good. That thing <Hank/Bobby/Dale/Bill> said was pretty funny, I tell you what.
Poster 2: Yup.
Poster 3: Yup.
Poster 4: IsLuannestillpregnant?SheshouldjustpopthatthingoutalreadyI'msayingasdafdasdfa.

Which is how a good King of the Hill thread should be.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Sep 16, 2009

LazyDivey
Jun 18, 2004

Orange crush momma is a laugh laugh laugh.

That was a great ending to a great show and I can honestly say it made me tear up a little bit I tell you what.

I'm still pissed its gone though.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

hall n oates mom posted:

These 4 episodes have got me buggin'. How the gently caress are we going to see these? How will we know? It's not like anyone formally schedules them with advanced warning. :ssj: :argh:

If Adult Swim gets the syndication rights, I expect they'll be promoted pretty well. They do a decent job of advertising first-run rebroadcasts for their Fox properties.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

thrakkorzog posted:

Which is how a good King of the Hill thread should be.

Yup.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

JethroMcB posted:

If Adult Swim gets the syndication rights, I expect they'll be promoted pretty well. They do a decent job of advertising first-run rebroadcasts for their Fox properties.
I don't have cartoon network in canada. :vick:

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
The best Gribble rap up would have been for Joseph to turn out to actually be Dale's son, his appearance explained by Dale having a Cherokee grandfather that he never talks about.

I just like it when Dale's ignorance and naivety is rewarded.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

hall n oates mom posted:

I don't have cartoon network in canada. :vick:

Y'all got Hulu up there or are you just boned in every possible way? Because I could also see Fox giving the final four episodes the "Lost episode" treatment online as well.

rino86 posted:

The best Gribble rap up would have been for Joseph to turn out to actually be Dale's son, his appearance explained by Dale having a Cherokee grandfather that he never talks about.

"But of course, for that ending to work, you would have to ignore all the [Redcorn] DNA evidence. And that would be downright nutty."

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

JethroMcB posted:

Y'all got Hulu up there or are you just boned in every possible way? Because I could also see Fox giving the final four episodes the "Lost episode" treatment online as well.
Everything is blocked. I don't want a yet another requisite goonpost about proxies here either, I like my first-broadcast tv on TV!

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

hall n oates mom posted:

Everything is blocked. I don't want a yet another requisite goonpost about proxies here either, I like my first-broadcast tv on TV!

Sounds like someone hasn't figured out the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diar
Dec 22, 2003

Why would I have a problem with it? John Redcorn is gay, and I've been friends with him for twenty years.

rino86 posted:

I just like it when Dale's ignorance and naivety is rewarded.

As good as that would be it would go against Dale realizing that he was away during the time when was impregnated.