Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gehenomm
May 1, 2008

Ask me about hitting on mathematicians.

MachineryNoise posted:

That's probably the infamous Space Mutiny.

Thank you very much! That was it!

Looks like Amazon has it on DVD. I'm gonna order it as soon as i get home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jetstar
May 31, 2009

by Fistgrrl
I was on 4chan of all sites a few months back (May?), and the /x/ board was all torn up about some independent horror film:

In the trailer it showed a man driving up to some kind of building, maybe a bunker. The man goes in, walking through the very dimly lit building. From the looks of things it's an ex-military bunker from WWII. The trailer ends when he hears a noise coming from the end of a dark hall.

Yeah, I know, this matches maybe 60 films, but someone might know? It might have a number in the title, too.

EDIT: FOUND:
Movie is AM1200, and it looks FANTASTIC. Check out the trailer: http://www.am1200.com/

Jetstar fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Sep 14, 2009

Dancing Potato
May 21, 2007

Dragon Jones posted:

So I remember a movie I was watching a few years a go on television, only ended up watching half of it because I got pulled away to do something else and I've been wondering what it was ever since.

It was western/pioneer era themed, with two male leads I believe. One of them being younger and the other older, the main crux of the plot lied around a horse race and a probably large sum of money that could be made in it.

I don't remember a whole lot about the film, other than the horse race. It looked like it was probably made in the fifties or sixties. The majority of the movie was about the horse race, with long sequences of racing and people attempting to fix the race in their favor.

That's all I can really recall about it. Can't remember if there was anyone big from that era in it.

A bit of a long shot but it could be Bite the Bullet http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072705/

Pentheus
May 23, 2006
I'm trying to find a short horror film: about 5 minutes, published online.

Synopsis: The film was about a guy who installed a new set of doubledoors in his house. He woke up in the morning to find that when he looked through the doors he saw his backyard at night, but when he looked out, for example, the kitchen window, he saw the normal world. Eventually, he goes through the doors to investigate, and while he is someone comes into his home and stands where he was moments before, at his kitchen window. He rushes inside, and is knocked unconscious by his shadow counterpart. The film ends as he is dragged out the doors back into the shadowland or whatever.

When I saw it: Probably about 3 years ago?
Where I found it: Somewhere online, not youtube (though it may be there now; I don't see it, however). I *think* I saw it referenced in an SA thread actually of terrifying things on the internet.

Thanks in advance for any help. I've spoilertagged the end, since it is very good and if someone can find it I would recommend it to anyone who has 5 minutes on their hands.

EDIT: Jesus Good Goddamn Vorpal Bunny that was incredibly fast. Thank you so much: You are a king among men and apparently I can't search to save my life.

Pentheus fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Sep 16, 2009

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog

Pentheus posted:

I'm trying to find a short horror film: about 5 minutes, published online.

Synopsis: The film was about a guy who installed a new set of doubledoors in his house. He woke up in the morning to find that when he looked through the doors he saw his backyard at night, but when he looked out, for example, the kitchen window, he saw the normal world. Eventually, he goes through the doors to investigate, and while he is someone comes into his home and stands where he was moments before, at his kitchen window. He rushes inside, and is knocked unconscious by his shadow counterpart. The film ends as he is dragged out the doors back into the shadowland or whatever.

When I saw it: Probably about 3 years ago?
Where I found it: Somewhere online, not youtube (though it may be there now; I don't see it, however). I *think* I saw it referenced in an SA thread actually of terrifying things on the internet.

Thanks in advance for any help. I've spoilertagged the end, since it is very good and if someone can find it I would recommend it to anyone who has 5 minutes on their hands.

THE FRENCH DOORS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhXXeEzwYRQ

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
Identify this audio sample, 1:05
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWoxH3AkKvo#t=63

:jihad:: Hey, what if we kill you right now, huh?
:smugbert:: What if I told a couple of guys where I was going and who to call if I didn't come back?
:jihad:: Did you?
:smugbert:: No.
:jihad:: I don't believe you.
:smugbert:: You weren't supposed to.

*gunfire*

Sounds like it must be from a cool movie to me.

Sizzlechest
May 7, 2007

Pweller posted:

Identify this audio sample, 1:05
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWoxH3AkKvo#t=63

:jihad:: Hey, what if we kill you right now, huh?
:smugbert:: What if I told a couple of guys where I was going and who to call if I didn't come back?
:jihad:: Did you?
:smugbert:: No.
:jihad:: I don't believe you.
:smugbert:: You weren't supposed to.

*gunfire*

Sounds like it must be from a cool movie to me.

Sounds like one of them is Lee Marvin. Hope that helps.

ImJasonH
Apr 2, 2004

RAMALAMADINGDONG!
Wrongly posted this in the "identify this book" thread...

The only thing I can remember is that one of the characters had a job in Virginia for a while, and as a result of his crushing boredom there, he learned to draw all the counties in Virginia from memory.

I haven't seen Melvin Goes to Dinner in a while, was it that? If not, what was it?

Action Andy
Feb 5, 2007

Out From Animals

VorpalBunny posted:

THE FRENCH DOORS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhXXeEzwYRQ

I just jumped a loving mile

Topper Harley
Jul 6, 2005
You have the whitest white part of the eyes I've ever seen. Do you floss?

ImJasonH posted:

Wrongly posted this in the "identify this book" thread...

The only thing I can remember is that one of the characters had a job in Virginia for a while, and as a result of his crushing boredom there, he learned to draw all the counties in Virginia from memory.

I haven't seen Melvin Goes to Dinner in a while, was it that? If not, what was it?

It is Melvin Goes To Dinner, and it's Kentucky, not Virginia.

Awesome little movie!

ImJasonH
Apr 2, 2004

RAMALAMADINGDONG!

Topper Harley posted:

It is Melvin Goes To Dinner, and it's Kentucky, not Virginia.

Awesome little movie!

Thanks, that was really bothering me.

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog

Pentheus posted:

EDIT: Jesus Good Goddamn Vorpal Bunny that was incredibly fast. Thank you so much: You are a king among men and apparently I can't search to save my life.

Hah! I just saw this edit.

I had that short film linked to my bookmarks as I am trying to figure out why the guy who directed it hasn't done any features yet. I saw that short film a few years ago, and have been tracking his career ever since.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
This one will probably be difficult and I doubt my few memories on it are going to be accurate at all, but here goes:

A black and white, extremely surrealistic and what looks to be very low budget film about a man in a run down building cutting himself, bleeding everywhere, etc. Something pertaining perhaps to the death of God?

And that's all. Good luck to you!

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

Frostwerks posted:

This one will probably be difficult and I doubt my few memories on it are going to be accurate at all, but here goes:

A black and white, extremely surrealistic and what looks to be very low budget film about a man in a run down building cutting himself, bleeding everywhere, etc. Something pertaining perhaps to the death of God?

Could be Pi? There's some self-mutilation, and a definitely a God theme.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
No, it's definitely more obscure and much more graphic than Pi. Which was a good movie. In fact, I think I'll see it again.

Flux Equals Rad
Jun 22, 2007
oh my god bear is driving how can that be!?

Frostwerks posted:

Sounds a lot like Begotten.

edit: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7973225371449473825&ei=YzaySoSPOdLYlQfq39jQBg&q=begotten&hl=en

Flux Equals Rad fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Sep 17, 2009

sonofsunaj
Mar 16, 2009
This is a British movie that I watched on television sometime after 2000, although I don't know how old it was at the time. It may have been on BBC or TMC

It is a dark comedy about a crazy woman living with her sister. She is planning on killing her sister and keeps on hallucinating historic serial killers, that give her advice, although she keeps on failing. The only attempt that I actually remember putting poison in her sisters inhaler. I believe that the main character may be some kind of writer or librarian. The last killer that she took advice from was Jack the Ripper, although I don't remember any of the other killers.

This unfortunately is all I can really remember about the movie. None of the actors were recognizable to me.

Irreverent Factotum
May 23, 2007
The Only Trustworthy Goon
Hey, Goons!

This is a long shot. I've been trying to identify this movie for decades (literally).

I saw it most likely between 1968 and 1970 -- I was about 5 or 6 -- and I saw it on broadcast TV (obviously).

It's black and white, and involves a young girl and her father (?). The only scene I remember with frightening accuracy is that they were having a viewing of the body, closed casket, and someone opened the casket (or did it open by itself?) to reveal [what I interpreted at the time as] a stuffed animal, resembling Fozzie Bear from The Muppet Show. My cousin (in her 20s or so at the time) remarked that she wondered if he burned her first or buried her and then burned her. Apparently it was a given that the father had killed her.

Not much to go on; I'm not holding my breath. As I mentioned, I've been looking for decades.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Could it be an episode of Dark Shadows possibly?

Irreverent Factotum
May 23, 2007
The Only Trustworthy Goon

Schweinhund posted:

Could it be an episode of Dark Shadows possibly?

Could be, I suppose, except: I think DS was filmed in color (a quick scan of the Wiki page doesn't say either way) and DS was broadcast, I believe, during the day. I didn't mention it, but I was watching the movie at night.

I will check out some DS on DVD and see if it fits; if so, I can work through all 1,225 episodes (!) to find it.

Thanks!

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

If you die in Canada, you die in real life.

Dancing Potato posted:

A bit of a long shot but it could be Bite the Bullet http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072705/

It could very well be, thanks! I'll track down a copy of that. Though I think what I saw was more of an older movie. This still seems pretty good.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
2 horror movies I saw late night on tv 3 years ago in college.
First one was about a guy who had super sensitive hearing (could hear through walls) that eventually got really powerful that it drove him crazy. Later he kills his pregnant wife because the sound of the baby squirming drove him to it. In the last scene you see him walking away from the cops with his ears cut off the sound basically muted.

Other I don't remember in so much detail but 2 girls are escaping from a farm from a killer, the twist at the end is we learn one of the girls is actually the killer and she has multiple personality disorder so she didnt realize she was doing the killings. Through a lot of the movie they spoke in a foreign language to each other, I think French, though they spoke English just as often.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

RagnarokAngel posted:

Other I don't remember in so much detail but 2 girls are escaping from a farm from a killer, the twist at the end is we learn one of the girls is actually the killer and she has multiple personality disorder so she didnt realize she was doing the killings. Through a lot of the movie they spoke in a foreign language to each other, I think French, though they spoke English just as often.

Haute Tension AKA High Tension AKA Switchbalde Romance
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338095/

The other one could be an episode of Masters Of Horror called Sounds Like but I never saw it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0817400/

Slasherfan fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Sep 20, 2009

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Slasherfan posted:

Haute Tension AKA High Tension AKA Switchbalde Romance
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338095/

The other one could be an episode of Masters Of Horror called Sounds Like but I never saw it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0817400/

Those are both it. I thought one of them was a Masters of Horror movie but couldn't recall which one.

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

There was a movie I caught half of on IFC about a year back. It was French and from the 1960s, it starred some famous fashion model at the time. It revolved around her care-free adventures, and I think the title had something to do with "the fabulous life of *her name here*". I barely remember anything about it but what I do intrigued me and I'd love to see the whole movie. IIRC it was deliberately fantastical.

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

One can hardly ignore the Taoist implications of "Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling."

Here's an odd one: I remember a scene in which a group of young boys (probably around 12ish) all get put into a boys choir. They all sound horrible, until one kid starts singing, and it turns out he has a beautiful voice that pretty much holds the group together. The group gets rallied, then performs at some big event...at which point the "leader" boy's voice cracks/goes out. The performance is a disaster; their director never says a word, just walks away at the end.

I can't rule out that this is a TV show - in fact, I almost think it might be. But it's stuck in my head, and I'm wondering if anyone knows.

Baron Von Awesome posted:

There was a movie I caught half of on IFC about a year back. It was French and from the 1960s, it starred some famous fashion model at the time. It revolved around her care-free adventures, and I think the title had something to do with "the fabulous life of *her name here*". I barely remember anything about it but what I do intrigued me and I'd love to see the whole movie. IIRC it was deliberately fantastical.

Are you sure it's from the 1960s? Because a lot of what you're describing sounds like Amelie, whose full title is Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain. I doubt this is it, but just to be on the safe side...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0211915/

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

ClydeUmney posted:

Here's an odd one: I remember a scene in which a group of young boys (probably around 12ish) all get put into a boys choir. They all sound horrible, until one kid starts singing, and it turns out he has a beautiful voice that pretty much holds the group together. The group gets rallied, then performs at some big event...at which point the "leader" boy's voice cracks/goes out. The performance is a disaster; their director never says a word, just walks away at the end.

I can't rule out that this is a TV show - in fact, I almost think it might be. But it's stuck in my head, and I'm wondering if anyone knows.

It's this episode from season 3 of The Wonder Years

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Baron Von Awesome posted:

Was it Who Are You, Polly Maggoo?

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

One can hardly ignore the Taoist implications of "Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling."

Glass Joe posted:

It's this episode from season 3 of The Wonder Years

That's definitely it - thanks!

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

FitFortDanga posted:

Was it Who Are You, Polly Maggoo?

You are absolutely incredible. Yes, that's the one I was looking for.

Skrewtape
Sep 10, 2003
I like pie
This is going to be a long shot. In '84 or thereabouts I was living in France and caught the very end of a movie on TV. At the end of this movie, a guy drops his pants, squats down and takes a poo poo on the ground. Then he stands up, laughs/smirks and walks away. The final shot just holds on the pile of feces while flies, etc land on it, and the credits roll over this shot.

I think the guy maybe was blond and I think we was wearing dark clothes. Biker's leathers maybe? Maybe there was a dead / sleeping person sitting in a car nearby? Like I said, it was on TV, but the credits seemed like they were from a movie and not a TV show or anything. That's all I remember though, I'm dead sure about that first bit but the rest is hazy memory.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Thoreau Like A Girl
Nov 20, 2006

Skrewtape posted:

This is going to be a long shot. In '84 or thereabouts I was living in France and caught the very end of a movie on TV. At the end of this movie, a guy drops his pants, squats down and takes a poo poo on the ground. Then he stands up, laughs/smirks and walks away. The final shot just holds on the pile of feces while flies, etc land on it, and the credits roll over this shot.

I think the guy maybe was blond and I think we was wearing dark clothes. Biker's leathers maybe? Maybe there was a dead / sleeping person sitting in a car nearby? Like I said, it was on TV, but the credits seemed like they were from a movie and not a TV show or anything. That's all I remember though, I'm dead sure about that first bit but the rest is hazy memory.

Any ideas? Thanks!

http://www.poopreport.com/Fun/Content/Movies/movies.html
i really doubt it's listed there... but. yeah... this site actually exists. haha.

Flux Equals Rad
Jun 22, 2007
I wonder if anyone would know the origin of the sound clip from the beginning of the song Krash Kourse In Psychopathology by Lord Gore?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv1XJ4EGfnU (:nws: and maybe a little :nms:)
It sounds like it would be from a horror movie from the 1980s but I have no idea which one.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Flux Equals Rad posted:

I wonder if anyone would know the origin of the sound clip from the beginning of the song Krash Kourse In Psychopathology by Lord Gore?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv1XJ4EGfnU (:nws: and maybe a little :nms:)
It sounds like it would be from a horror movie from the 1980s but I have no idea which one.

http://www.scoopy.com/newyorkripper.htm

Flux Equals Rad
Jun 22, 2007
Thank you!

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
Okay now this is vague so I'll be as precise as possible.

The film I'm looking for has a scene where a pretty blonde girl is being hosed from behind by a red faced fat kid while standing up and leaning against something - crates or probably hay bales in barn. The girl turns her head to the boy and says "have you ever done it this way before" (standing and from behind) and he I think makes a mumbling reply but it quite clearly implied he'd never had sex before now.

Pretty certain it was mid to late 90s, at the very earliest it would've been early 90s and the very latest before say 2004.

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

It is a while still till Sunrise - and in the daytime I sleep, my dear fellow, I sleep the very deepest of sleeps...
This one has been bothering me for days and I'd intended to use it as part of a thread I'm putting together but I just can't remember the bloody title.

It's a lighthearted British comedy about a married couple who are running a picture house that is going under so they resort to using gimmicks like turning the heat up during a movie set in the desert. Neddless to say, they save their business and thir marriage. I was convinced that Ian Carmichael was was in it, but I now know that is not the case.

Yabanjin
Feb 13, 2007

I AM smiling.

ProfessorClumsy posted:

This one has been bothering me for days and I'd intended to use it as part of a thread I'm putting together but I just can't remember the bloody title.

It's a lighthearted British comedy about a married couple who are running a picture house that is going under so they resort to using gimmicks like turning the heat up during a movie set in the desert. Neddless to say, they save their business and thir marriage. I was convinced that Ian Carmichael was was in it, but I now know that is not the case.

I wonder if this is "The Smallest Show on Earth" (1957)?

The explanation here sounds close to what you describe...

http://walt.lishost.org/2009/09/50-movie-comedy-classics-disc-10/

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

It is a while still till Sunrise - and in the daytime I sleep, my dear fellow, I sleep the very deepest of sleeps...

Yabanjin posted:

I wonder if this is "The Smallest Show on Earth" (1957)?

The explanation here sounds close to what you describe...

http://walt.lishost.org/2009/09/50-movie-comedy-classics-disc-10/

That's exactly it, thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Blastaway
Jun 23, 2004

I saw this a long time ago and can't remember if it was a full length movie or perhaps just a tv show or short, but I'll try and describe it anyways. It was black and white (looked like it was made in the 40's or 50's) and involved trying to find someone's (a woman's I think) watch or ring. She lost it in a diner (bakery?) and they think it fell into some dough and made into doughnuts. A good chunk of it is spent with them eating and examining each doughnut until they find it.

Any idea? I tried using IMDB's search but nothing came up.