Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Slim Pickens posted:

I wanted to try out slow motion stuff but had a lot of shake from a sticky tripod.

Not sure if it's just a crap tripod, but you may want to just try and loosen up the locking nuts a bit. Photo tripods are really built for holding still instead of smooth motion, but if you loosen everything up a bit you can pan and tilt a bit smoother. A tripod specifically made for video cameras is a huge improvement though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004
Anyone have the video of I'm pretty sure it was Colin Edwards' bike catching fire during a race?

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

Slim Pickens posted:

I think I'm gonna give Pacific Raceway a call and see if It's cool to tape in the infield. That's where I'd get the best shots. It's a huge waiting game at highway 7 before someone comes through that has clear traffic and a set of balls.

You should go out to Pacific GP and get some slomo motards. You just missed a race this weekend, the next one is on October 18th.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Zool posted:

You should go out to Pacific GP and get some slomo motards. You just missed a race this weekend, the next one is on October 18th.

Better to analyze your crashing*

*or mine

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I sent the media manager for Pacific raceway an email asking about shooting from the infield, and she wanted to know if I'd also be interested in taping cars and drag racing. I told her sure and to give me a call. Taping sumos would be fun too.

Anyways, I went for a ride today and took along the CountourHD. I ended up seeing the guy on the kawasaki from my other video and followed him a few times. That kid can ride. Video quality kinda sucks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKZwUNc2QBQ

Also, can anyone explain what the deal is with this video distortion? I was doing about 115 at the fastest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO485yAVPx4

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Shutter wobble. Different parts of the image sensor are exposed at different times so when the camera vibrates at high enoguh frequency it is actually pointing in slightly different directions while completing a full exposure.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

Valt posted:

A picture of the 60s era panhead sportster hardtail that my father had when he was 18 sometime in the late 70s.

Do you know how much poon your dad pulled with that bike? Answer, a LOT of poon.

Valt
May 14, 2006

Oh HELL yeah.
Ultra Carp

Silver posted:

Do you know how much poon your dad pulled with that bike? Answer, a LOT of poon.

He also had really long hair and got picked up for possession around that same time. He was the essence of hippie pretty much.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Slim Pickens posted:

I sent the media manager for Pacific raceway an email asking about shooting from the infield, and she wanted to know if I'd also be interested in taping cars and drag racing.

Would you want any help with sound on this? I've been wanting to get my own library of carby's and having them put to picture would be nice.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What do you mean by carby's? If it's music, then yeah, I could probably use some license-free music for this if it turns into a bigger side job.

Edit: Car-by's explained, thanks.

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Sep 16, 2009

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

I didn't crash, just a really hard corner.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Good to know because if you're front tire let go you would have been run over by that big loving truck.

Content.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

http://www.wcpo.com/content/news/saywhat/story/Naked-Motorcyclists-Arrest-Caught-On-Tape/vuYew8cfaE2XMga8zDU80g.cspx
Ahh, the power of alcohol.

edit.
Well crap, it was already posted in the more chatting thread.

Retarted Pimple fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Sep 17, 2009

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

Retarded Pimp posted:

edit.
Well crap, it was already posted in the more chatting thread.

Who reads that? I hadn't seen it. But also, this is why I don't ride and drink.

Content...

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Norwegian PSA on drivers not seeing bikers. Hadn't seen it before, was featured on "hell for leather". Pretty good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxMk4156qhI

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Slim Pickens posted:

thank you so much for this. seriously.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

This was on Spike TV last night, gymnast on a Harley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GQxC7VpuCo

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Bob Morales posted:

This was on Spike TV last night, gymnast on a Harley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GQxC7VpuCo

Was there a Harley in that video? :confused:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

thank you so much for this. seriously.

The scary part is that it comes in handy pretty much every day.

Raven457
Aug 7, 2002
I bought Torquemada's torture equipment on e-bay!

Slim Pickens posted:

if only it were that easy :(

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
Then where would your precious rust free used vehicles come from? And to where would you export your horrifyingly dangerous elderly drivers?

edit: for motorcycle and Florida related content:
http://pajoyner.blogspot.com/2008/10/bigot-on-motorcycle-in-florida.html

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

MrKatharsis posted:

Then where would your precious rust free used vehicles come from?

Hey, every state west of Louisiana would like a word with you.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Phat_Albert posted:

The scary part is that it comes in handy pretty much every day.

It applies to almost any story concerning Florida, sadly.

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

MrKatharsis posted:

Then where would your precious rust free used vehicles come from?

California comes to mind

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

T-Square posted:

Holy poo poo, that's a huge class. Or is that amatuers and experts combined?

Huge class. There's another 15 or so riders behind me as well. At it's peak, the F4/650T class had 60 entries.

Slim Pickens posted:

I sent the media manager for Pacific raceway an email asking about shooting from the infield, and she wanted to know if I'd also be interested in taping cars and drag racing. I told her sure and to give me a call. Taping sumos would be fun too.

Anyways, I went for a ride today and took along the CountourHD. I ended up seeing the guy on the kawasaki from my other video and followed him a few times. That kid can ride. Video quality kinda sucks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKZwUNc2QBQ

Also, can anyone explain what the deal is with this video distortion? I was doing about 115 at the fastest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO485yAVPx4

I think that'll be reduced if your run it on SD mode, considering it captures at 60fps. I get it but more from the offset that bumps cause, with better mounting it'd go away.

Content:

My wednesday:

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:
Is it just weird perspective or does your clutch lever have a ridiculously long throw?

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
Where the hell is your windshield!?

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

Jack the Smack posted:

Windshields are for pussies.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Jack the Smack posted:

He broke it with his manliness not to long ago.

I'm going to go on a limb and guess that the clutch lever was custom modified by pavement and the run off area at a previous track day.

SanitysEdge
Jul 28, 2005

Spiffness posted:

He broke it with his manliness not to long ago.

I'm going to go on a limb and guess that the clutch lever was custom modified by pavement and the run off area at a previous track day.

It looks like it just might be turned downwards.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
nevermind

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Throw an opaque green windshield on there and draw four

Pinny
Sep 8, 2006

Look, its a baby R6, in all its "I'll only do 84mph downhill while banging off the limiter!" glory.

Hopefully going to get some better pictures over the weekend from around the TT track, if the weather plays nice.

fronkpies
Apr 30, 2008

You slithered out of your mother's filth.

Pinny posted:

Look, its a baby R6, in all its "I'll only do 84mph downhill while banging off the limiter!" glory.

Hopefully going to get some better pictures over the weekend from around the TT track, if the weather plays nice.

Ah my lovely first bike, I had the yellow one, Wrote it off within 6 hours.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Pinny posted:

that is awesome looking and is begging for an engine swap with some kind of 2 stroke thing that's way too powerful

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

that is awesome looking and is begging for an engine swap with some kind of 2 stroke thing that's way too powerful

I agree with this man's assessment. Wonder if you could fit a CR500 engine in there?

content...

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

frozenphil posted:

Is it just weird perspective or does your clutch lever have a ridiculously long throw?

It's a GSX-R perch on an SV, long story, and while it fits me perfectly, it moves out a bit more from the bar than standard.

Jack the Smack posted:

I broke it with my face at buttonwillow at the start of race season. Blew off the track, tried to save it, the front dug in and I went headfirst through the windshield.

I've posted this pic of my helmet before, I think...

The other photo that I like from this weeks trackdays:

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

Z3n posted:

The other photo that I like from this weeks trackdays:

Without the windshield it looks like you're wearing the front fairing like some sort of weird basketball jersey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

8ender posted:

Without the windshield it looks like you're wearing the front fairing like some sort of weird basketball jersey.

More than the clown car paint job, more than anything else that I have on my trackbike, the first thing that everyone comments on is that I don't run a windshield. I'd buy another one, but ducati tax isn't something I thought about when buying duc fairings. I checked awhile back and couldn't find a clear windshield for under 60$ and just decided that it could wait.

Of course, then my friends doing race announcing couldn't comment on it too...gotta give them something to talk about while the racing is boring. :xd: