Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JERFit
Dec 25, 2007

if someone said they'd give me money to play music + not have a job anymore I'd say NO

TLG James posted:

Aaron swallowed a bug right as he began Ban the Tubetop last night. He had to stop and spit out the bug. Ha ha, good times.

Also, the english beat were awesome.

I saw the English Beat like 3 years ago at FRESNO'S FIRST ANNUAL SKA FESTIVAL (which never happened ever again) playing with the toasters, let's go bowling, los hooligans, and the phenomenauts (yeah idk), and tbh I thought they were the most boring out of all of them. I just didn't really like them very much. I don't know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jereso
Jul 13, 2008

TLG James posted:

Aaron swallowed a bug right as he began Ban the Tubetop last night. He had to stop and spit out the bug. Ha ha, good times.

Also, the english beat were awesome.

Really? I didn't see that... then again everybody was moshing me to the sides.

Still, it was loving awesome. However, being a minor at the Pageant sucks.

You know... I might have seen you there. Were you on the left or right side of the dance floor? Or were you not in there?

Also, Scott's voice goes REALLY high.

Jereso fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Aug 14, 2009

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

Jereso posted:

Really? I didn't see that... then again everybody was moshing me to the sides.

Still, it was loving awesome. However, being a minor at the Pageant sucks.

You know... I might have seen you there. Were you on the left or right side of the dance floor? Or were you not in there?

Also, Scott's voice goes REALLY high.

I may have been a day late in posting that. It was in Omaha/Council Bluffs. There were bugs loving everywhere.

Jereso
Jul 13, 2008

TLG James posted:

I may have been a day late in posting that. It was in Omaha/Council Bluffs. There were bugs loving everywhere.

Ah, I was talking about St. Louis.

Goddamn that floor filled fast. Ryland Steen gave a loving awesome drum solo at the end.

We also had a guy I now called Mr. Shark. He had an obnoxious blond mow-hawk that was about a foot-high. He crowd surfed a lot and you could always see him in the crowd like a shark fin emerging from the water.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Just got back from the Bosstones show. The opening band The Cobra-Matics were pretty good. Wasn't expecting rockabilly-ish music at the show. Catch-22 blew balls. Only song they played off Keasbey Nights was 9mm, and their sound was pretty bad.

Bosstones rocked the house though. Played some good oldies too, and a few songs off Jackknife to a Swan that I've never heard them play before and wanted to hear.

Setlist was:
I Want My City Back
Seven Thirty Seven/Shoe Glue
Rascal King
Simmer Down
Kinder Words
The Cave
Devil's Night Out
Na Na Na (new song off their upcoming cd, sounded great)
Someday I Suppose
All Things Considered
Rudie Can't Fail
He's Back
Mr. Moran
Don't Worry Desmond Dekker
Illegal Left
Everybody's Better
So Sad To Say
Howwhywuz, Howwhyam
Stand Off
Hell of a Hat
The Impression That I Get
Lights Out

Encore:
Toxic Toast
Dr. D

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence
Great set list!

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!
I haven't seen any talk about it but just in case anyone was going Taj won't be playing Ska Freekend. We got confirmed to play like 2 months ago but had to drop the show due to some personal conflicts.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
poo poo, wish I could've seen that just for Rudie Can't Fail

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

They've been playing that every time I've seen them since they came back. So all you gotta do is make it to a show.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Which should be about the time hell freezes over

I can't make it to anything until Christmas/next summer. There's no shows down here.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

Dickie knows New Years is my birthday. He's totally loving awesome.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Interesting show coming up at one of my favorite clubs in the area -- Ska Is Dead IV, with the Toasters, Voodoo Glow Skulls and Deals Gone Bad. I don't see it listed on the Toasters website, but it may be worth keeping an eye on in case there will be more shows.

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!

guppy posted:

Interesting show coming up at one of my favorite clubs in the area -- Ska Is Dead IV, with the Toasters, Voodoo Glow Skulls and Deals Gone Bad. I don't see it listed on the Toasters website, but it may be worth keeping an eye on in case there will be more shows.

It's a full on east coast tour, I don't think the dates are finalized yet but certain dates are popping up at various clubs on the east coast. The Atlanta date is gonna be a sort of Ska Is Dead Fest with a bunch of bands so that should be a pretty killer time.

mega late edit: Just remembered how awesome this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AjrEkbrudE) is. I don't really care for Fatter Than Albert but that is a pretty sick video.

Josh Wow fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Aug 21, 2009

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
In case anyone hasn't seen it, Quote UnQuote Records is having their Maximum Summer release fest this week. They are releasing a new album every weekday until Labor day.

http://www.quoteunquoterecords.com/

lessthankyle fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Sep 2, 2009

dnz
Jul 18, 2008

lessthankyle posted:

In case anyone hasn't seen it, Quote UnQuote Records is having their Maximum Summer release fest this week. They are releasing a new album every weekday until Labor day.

http://www.quoteunquoterecords.com/

Jeff posted his address on the internet?

e: I realise I probably just got trolled by Jeff Rosenstock
ee: The bomb laura split wont show up as having anything in the zip if you use XP's zip folder stuff, you need to rename it or extract it some other way.

dnz fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Sep 3, 2009

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Just rename the zip and it'll work

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
So the new album is supposed to be up but the download link returns a 404

dangit jeff

e: facebook informs me that 4point0 finally got the album out, so it's on itunes now, and there's six tracks on the myspace too

e2: it's also on emusic

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Sep 3, 2009

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

Dickeye posted:

e: facebook informs me that 4point0 finally got the album out, so it's on itunes now, and there's six tracks on the myspace too

e2: it's also on emusic
It's on Amazon MP3 too, I just bought it

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

guppy posted:

It's on Amazon MP3 too, I just bought it

hi5 good buddy

guess I'll get it there seeing as it's a hell of a lot cheaper than the alternatives
e: the only thing I don't really like is the rerecording of Satellite. Mix is way better this time but dang that bridge is just so loving gay

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Sep 4, 2009

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Aquabats are playing the Glasshouse this weekend with Assorted Jellybeans, some Australian Band, and one with ex-Tsunami Bomb guys in it

Fuckin' Assorted Jellybeans drat

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
What's so wrong with being a punk rock faggot hippy, anyway?
They're still around? Holy poo poo. It's probably been...7 years since I've listened to them.

Yup, just tossed 'em on. Don't exactly hold up, do they?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Poster says it's a reunion show so yeah they've been broken up for a bit

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

Holy poo poo Assorted Jellybeans are back? I must see them.

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
While not ska, Attica! Attica! is playing a show this Sunday in Brooklyn with Bomb The Music Industry!, so it's guaranteed to be a fantastic show.

And speaking of BTMI!, I found this video of ASOB on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTNHGbETUKo

It's a full-length show from back in 2004 and it's in pretty good quality. A great way to kill an hour.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Streetlight posted some news

Basically, "Just a little bit longer and then the break, we won't be touring as much after the break but we'll still tour a lot, and oh yeah we're doing something cool at the Jersey show"

Nothing new

dnz
Jul 18, 2008

lessthankyle posted:

While not ska, Attica! Attica! is playing a show this Sunday in Brooklyn with Bomb The Music Industry!, so it's guaranteed to be a fantastic show.

And speaking of BTMI!, I found this video of ASOB on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTNHGbETUKo

It's a full-length show from back in 2004 and it's in pretty good quality. A great way to kill an hour.
http://www.snevesneve.com/asob/Videos/

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Dickeye posted:

Streetlight posted some news

Basically, "Just a little bit longer and then the break, we won't be touring as much after the break but we'll still tour a lot, and oh yeah we're doing something cool at the Jersey show"

Nothing new

I'm missing this cool thing at the Jersey show, and the playthroughs of the albums in NY...I hope the Boston show isn't like their recovery period from that stuff or something.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

Well, I just had a great 24 hours. I was out in Spokane, WA on a business trip and I saw Hepcat open for Flogging Molly last night. They were great, and I was thrilled they played "The Secret". They were my first ska show over 10 years ago, and it was nice to see them again. Then I woke up rear end-early to fly back to Philly, where I saw Streetlight play at the Troc (the same place I saw Hepcat so long ago). Last Martyrs of a Lost Cause opened and they killed. I'll make fun of the other openers later, but Streetlight was great. The set was very heavy on Everything Went Numb, but the big surprise was that they played "Riding the Fourth Wave".

Mysterious Aftertaste
May 20, 2004

So Marigold, my love, you've had too much to drink...

http://fifdvd.com/

:shobon:

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat

Mysterious Aftertaste posted:

That's an awesomely epic announcement.

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

lessthankyle posted:

That's an awesomely epic announcement.

You might even be able to say it was an announcement of biblical proportion.

christianskaband

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

:aaaaa:

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

I cannot wait. This is gonna be so amazing.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

It's just dawning on me now that I'll be seeing Streetlight tomorrow AND Monday. These concerts are going to be amazing I can't wait.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Obama Yo Mama posted:

It's just dawning on me now that I'll be seeing Streetlight tomorrow AND Monday. These concerts are going to be amazing I can't wait.

I hate you

Mysterious Aftertaste
May 20, 2004

So Marigold, my love, you've had too much to drink...

Obama Yo Mama posted:

Dickeye posted:

I hate you

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

I'm seeing them next week. I saw them open for Reel Big Fish in January, but it'll be great to see them headlining their own show

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

What's so good about this Streetlight Manifesto band? People keep talking about them.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

I, too, am attending both Streetlight full album shows. I just wish I didn't have to show up to 9:30 a.m. classes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Your jealousy is the gasoline that fuels my engine, I'm going to dance extra hard tonight ;)