Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Apparently the build a figure for that wave is Trigon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

mods rename me posted:

And no Martian Manhunter still!

They know better than to release him until the line needs help or a facelift.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
Went to TRU today and Found wave 4 of the new Galactica figs. The case pack is :

1x Apollo

1x Boomer

2x Red Stripe Cylon

I only got the Apollo, he is the Tyrol body, with Apollo's head and the hands of the 2-pack Apollo. He comes with an Assault Rifle, Grenade Launcher, Season 2 belt/holster and season 2 pistol and his lighter. I wish they packed more of these guys in a case, he's perfect for army building.

Doc Faustus
Sep 6, 2005

Philippe is such an angry eater
I'm sure they shortpacked Apollo because that figure brings the current Apollo count to 3, and will be 4 if they ever release the leader wave. Which really makes me wonder why they released a Boomer as part of this wave, given the boomer/athena 2-pack due out soon.

Dammit, I don't want to drive to TRU just for one figure/to be tempted by the other two.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.
I've decided that I'm going to start customizing figures. I've begun getting discount figures for spare parts, but I haven't done this before. Where is a good place to learn?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Doc Faustus posted:

I may pick up the TRU exclusive Tigh fig when that comes out, though. I just wish the Admiral Adama figure TRU has online was actually a reality.

Well it looks like you were right. Instead of sending me the Adama and Tigh figures I ordered and are listed on the GODDAMN INVOICE, I got New Caprica Boomer and Off-Duty Apollo. Rat bastards. I'll probably keep Boomer but I don't really need another Apollo.

Wise Old Shitashi
Nov 5, 2003
The TRU website is loving horrible. They regularly display incorrect pictures of collector items.

I ordered a DCUC Wave 7 Batman re-release that was pictured on the site and they sent me the Wave 4 Batman Beyond figure that I already had.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:

The Action Man posted:

I've decided that I'm going to start customizing figures. I've begun getting discount figures for spare parts, but I haven't done this before. Where is a good place to learn?

http://www.figurerealm.com/customtutorial.php

If you have an AC Moore or Michaels in your area, subscribe to their news letters or simply search for coupons on their websites and you can usually get a 40-50% off any one item coupons; great for acrylic sealer/brushes.

If you check ebay, you can often find lots of 10 Citadel Paints your choice of colors, and win them for $20.00-$25.00. They're usually ~$4.00 at hobby shops.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

The Action Man posted:

A major piece of advice I'd give you is to definitely read any tutorials you can find, but don't feel limited or obligated to what they tell you... if you feel like you've got a better idea, try it. If you gently caress up a figure or two, you'll learn from that. It's all about creativity, so feel free to make your own rules. I do all kinds of crazy poo poo when I make custom figures, and it usually works.

But seriously, build up paint in thin layers. Always. I know it takes longer, but nothing ruins an otherwise cool figure like fat brush marks and drips and crap. Don't ever rush the paint job.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Looking for some advice: I'm going to be moving next week, and I'm just about packed except for my figures. Anybody whose done this before have any suggestions? I'm going to another state, so they'll be getting boxed up & hauled via moving van, and I've got a shitload of loose figures; Marvel Legends & DC Classics make up the vast majority. Obviously, spare parts and other small bits get their own ziplock baggie, but what of the figures themselves? Toss 'em all together in a box tape it shut; wrap each in paper, mummy-style; some third way I haven't considered? I realize it'll get pretty warm in a moving truck, so I'm leaning towards the latter, but just wanted some input from y'all.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Sanschel posted:

Looking for some advice: I'm going to be moving next week, and I'm just about packed except for my figures. Anybody whose done this before have any suggestions? I'm going to another state, so they'll be getting boxed up & hauled via moving van, and I've got a shitload of loose figures; Marvel Legends & DC Classics make up the vast majority. Obviously, spare parts and other small bits get their own ziplock baggie, but what of the figures themselves? Toss 'em all together in a box tape it shut; wrap each in paper, mummy-style; some third way I haven't considered? I realize it'll get pretty warm in a moving truck, so I'm leaning towards the latter, but just wanted some input from y'all.

Use a plastic container (Tupperware or the like), wrap every figure or depending on what it is 2 or 3 figures in bubble wrap. I personally covered the bottom of my box with a layer of packing foam (easily and cheaply found at Wal-Mart, etc) or you can also use bubble wrap. Basically just pack stuff like you are going to ship it somewhere except make sure you use a nice study plastic container. Don't worry about the heat as no matter how hot it will get in the moving truck it is still better and cooler than what it would get in the post.

rally9x
Feb 2, 2005
When sculpting on customs I've boiled figures to harden it so I wouldn't really worry about heat. If you want to spend the money it might be easiest to put them all in ziplocks since your main concern is paint chips. Your local hippy/head/tobacco shop might have good prices on lots of baggies.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

If anyone is interested they put up the dates for the next 4 Ghostbusters figures.

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/DisplayCategoryProductListPage/categoryID.17846500

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The Rage posted:

If anyone is interested they put up the dates for the next 4 Ghostbusters figures.

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/DisplayCategoryProductListPage/categoryID.17846500

Woo! Small Ray looks terrible.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

So DCUC wave 10's been out for 2 weeks now, anyone here find any of them? They've been found everywhere from texas to missouri to washington to michigan to florida.

People are freaking the gently caress out. A complete Imperiex recently went on ebay for $350. Someone sold an entire set for $600. Mattel said they produced more of this wave than they did of wave 5, but that isn't stopping people from bathing in a wash of despair and hopelessness.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Fish Of Doom posted:

So DCUC wave 10's been out for 2 weeks now, anyone here find any of them? They've been found everywhere from texas to missouri to washington to michigan to florida.

People are freaking the gently caress out. A complete Imperiex recently went on ebay for $350. Someone sold an entire set for $600. Mattel said they produced more of this wave than they did of wave 5, but that isn't stopping people from bathing in a wash of despair and hopelessness.

I've gotta get on this gravy train.

LtCrowley
Oct 13, 2008

by elpintogrande
There's quite a few shots of Slimer, does anyone know whether they'll be releasing a decent sized version of him or if he's only being included as an accessory for Ray?
Cos, you know. Slimer.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

LtCrowley posted:

There's quite a few shots of Slimer, does anyone know whether they'll be releasing a decent sized version of him or if he's only being included as an accessory for Ray?
Cos, you know. Slimer.

He came with Egon. Ray's getting the 3D 'No Ghosts' logo.

LtCrowley
Oct 13, 2008

by elpintogrande
Just found this, can anyone who's seen the packaging on these puppies confirm that he's from the same series?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

LtCrowley posted:

Just found this, can anyone who's seen the packaging on these puppies confirm that he's from the same series?

That's a few years old, back from when NECA had the Ghostbusters license but only made Slimer, Mr. Stay-Puft, the Terror Dogs, and Gozer. Bill Murray was a dick about releasing his likeness rights, so NECA never made the four Ghostbusters. I think the scale for these will be close enough that they could be displayed with the new Mattel figures, though.

Of course, I'm still not convinced we'll ever see a Venkman from Mattel...

LtCrowley
Oct 13, 2008

by elpintogrande

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

That's a few years old, back from when NECA had the Ghostbusters license but only made Slimer, Mr. Stay-Puft, the Terror Dogs, and Gozer. Bill Murray was a dick about releasing his likeness rights, so NECA never made the four Ghostbusters. I think the scale for these will be close enough that they could be displayed with the new Mattel figures, though.

God loving drat it.

That Bill stuff makes sense, I was wondering where the Venkman figures were. You'd think he'd take what he can get in the way of cash, I know he fancies himself a serious actor these days and all but he's not exactly booked out.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Fish Of Doom posted:

I haven't seen any. Wave 10 is the one with Power Girl, right? Because that's the only figure in the wave that I care about. If someone finds one I'd buy it off them; I don't even care about the BAF piece.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

They at least have a prototype for Venkman, I saw it at SDCC. They also said they had rights to his likeness.

It still hasn't been released but at least there's a better shot than the NECA line.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Well, if there's any one company I would want to make a figure of me, it would definitely be NECA.

ProfZoom
Mar 22, 2005

This is our last dance!
Hey, remember when McFarlane made fun, awesome toys?

Click here for the full 557x652 image.

Check out what I won.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Todd-McFarlanes...id=p3286.c0.m14

Any tips for carefully removing the bubble from a blister package?

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!
Just rip them open like a true opener.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!

Louisgod posted:

Well, if there's any one company I would want to make a figure of me, it would definitely be NECA.

Hot Toys, son!

I'm kind of burned out on the hobby - all I look at / purchase these days are Ashley Wood and Hot Toys stuff, with the occasional Sideshow statue. I never really thought it would get to this point, having collected toys for so long, but it's probably for the best.

Whorehey
Jun 3, 2006
You saw it here first folks...
So much for DCUC not being a nightmare to find. I've checked almost every Wal-Mart in the southern half of Michigan/Northern Ohio and there's nothing.

LtCrowley
Oct 13, 2008

by elpintogrande
Found this on a local auction site.

He's pretty expensive, especially considering he's not in the box anymore but even so...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
I found some of the new Avatar movie action figures today at Toys R Us. They had all of the 3 3/4 inch scale Navi figs, the A.M.P. Suit, RDA Scorpion Chopper, and the Leonopteryx. The 3 3/4 scale ones didnt look too great, and for some reason they didn't have the RDA {human} figures, but judging by the Navi figures' size, I would say that the human figures will be closer to a "true" 3 3/4 inch scale like the New Playmates Star Trek figures, and not closer to 4 inches like the newer GI Joes and Star Wars, which sucks because they would have fit nicely with both lines.

They also had the 6 inch movie masters figures. The case only comes with 4 Jake as Navi in loincloth and 2 Colonel Quaritch figures. I picked up the Colonel because I love me some Space Marines. He's pretty much the same scale as the Batman Movie Masters figures, so unfortunately he won't fit in scale with Battlestar Galactica or Stargate figures. the sculpting is pretty decent. The head looks good, but the body could use more detail. His tactical vest is removeable and he has a few less articulation points than the MM Batman figs. He comes with what looks like a special ops version of the bullpup assault rifles from the movie (shortened size, silencer, a large scope). He also comes with a very large revolver-type pistol with an undermounted lasersight/flashlight module and a very large, and very orange thing that looks like a speargun/rocket launcher hybrid. I'm not sure if that's gonna be in the movie or not. I'm sure this is gonna be the only large Space Marine they are gonna make, so I picked him up, plus he has a cool shiny "Premiere Launch Edition" sticker on it. The packaging is kind of neat, it looks like he's in a a big stasis tube. Oh yeah, he also comes with some sort or a webcam card game-thing, so that's kind of cool too, I guess.

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009

Whorehey posted:

So much for DCUC not being a nightmare to find. I've checked almost every Wal-Mart in the southern half of Michigan/Northern Ohio and there's nothing.

No kidding I went to at least 7 Walmarts on Friday and only found about 18 Cyborgs between all the stores.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I haven't found poo poo yet from that wave. Mine got a bunch of the unmasked Batman Beyond and the Cyborg this week.

Whorehey
Jun 3, 2006
You saw it here first folks...

The Rage posted:

I haven't found poo poo yet from that wave. Mine got a bunch of the unmasked Batman Beyond and the Cyborg this week.

In my frustrating search for Wave 10 I've talked to several people who do stock and inventory of the toy departments. It seems to be that in most cases Wal-Mart refuses to get any further shipments of the line in until they sell the rest of their back stock. This is why you see the same toys over and over. It seems I'm doomed with wave 6 and scattered ones from random waves for the next while now.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Well just clean one store out and return em at another :D

Ogmios
Dec 2, 2004

Angry pumpkin, Japanese demon, dragon of avarice...
Two-face is on sale at Toys R Us.com

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3846137

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Ogmios posted:

Two-face is on sale at Toys R Us.com

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3846137

That's not Movie Masters, its the 5" line.

Cryptobotanist
Oct 23, 2005

Oh no... Poor me...
So I've wanted to get a few figures for display but I'm not sure which ones to get and I was wondering if anyone could help me out here

I want to get Spider-Man (in his usual red/blue) costume and preferrably one of those super-poseable ones, but not the movie version. There are so many spidey figures that I don't know which one would be the best
(one besides the 1st marvel legends one, because that one isn't exactly cheap or easy to find)

Second is Venom. Again, basically want one with good articulation for a good pose, but not the movie version

And finally, either Green Goblin or Hobgoblin. I'm leaning toward the ML Green Goblin, but I'm open to suggestions if someone knows of a better Hobgoblin

Thanks to anyone willing to help me out here

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Cryptobotanist posted:

So I've wanted to get a few figures for display but I'm not sure which ones to get and I was wondering if anyone could help me out here

I want to get Spider-Man (in his usual red/blue) costume and preferrably one of those super-poseable ones, but not the movie version. There are so many spidey figures that I don't know which one would be the best
(one besides the 1st marvel legends one, because that one isn't exactly cheap or easy to find)

Second is Venom. Again, basically want one with good articulation for a good pose, but not the movie version

And finally, either Green Goblin or Hobgoblin. I'm leaning toward the ML Green Goblin, but I'm open to suggestions if someone knows of a better Hobgoblin

Thanks to anyone willing to help me out here

The best Spider-Man is the SMC-12 Super-Poseable Wall-Crawling Spider-Man. It has been released in many different forms over the years. The body was reused in the Fearsome Foes boxset and if you switch the head with a under 8 dollar SMC16's Battle Action Spider-Man you have the same figure. The figures was also released recently with a dark color scheme by Hasbro. If you have the paint skills it is the cheapest option.

If you are not into the Campbell/McFarlane look a good option is the SMC16 Spider-Strength Spider-Man. It is a good classic late 70's/80's looking Spider-Man reminsent of John Romita, Sr. and Sal Buscema. You can't get it into as many poses as the SMC12 but it is a nice looking figure, even better if you swap the head with the recent Ben Reily figure from the Ares wave.

The only decent Venoms ever made is the SMC16 Venom for a Brock and the recent Hasbro Gargan with the tail. Neither are really fantastic and if you are wanting a classic McFarlane looking one, you are out of luck since they have never made one. The Brock one has a silly barely working rubber head and jaw and the Gargan has Hasbro articulation. The fact that we never got a good Brock Venom is one of the low points for Legends.

The ML13 Goblin is on the of the best figures made by Toy Biz. It looks like it jumped right off the page at you. Right up there is the SMC17 Hobgoblin, which is the classic look and is just as good the GG. As a nice touch as they sort of share the same body, Hobby is scaled up so he is bigger, like in the comics.

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009
So for some stupid reason I decided to order the new movie master Bank Robbery Joker off mattycollector even though after shipping it's nearly $30 and somehow my order gets hit with overnight shipping making it $52. I didn't really want to pay $28 and I sure as poo poo don't want to pay $52 and after checking customer service I find I'm boned, can't change shipping method and no canceling orders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Action Serious posted:

So for some stupid reason I decided to order the new movie master Bank Robbery Joker off mattycollector even though after shipping it's nearly $30 and somehow my order gets hit with overnight shipping making it $52. I didn't really want to pay $28 and I sure as poo poo don't want to pay $52 and after checking customer service I find I'm boned, can't change shipping method and no canceling orders.

Well, that blows. I just slapped down for the 6" Ray Stantz figure, like a FOOL. I want the 12" but I can't afford that. Really though, can't they just charge me $3 and throw it in regular mail? I'll wait, it's cool.