Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Fantastipotamus posted:

I was cruising by a mom and her kid in the stroller, and as we approached she turned the stroller towards the road so the kid could watch me coming along. I looked as I went by, and he was sporting a huge :eek: face, with a wide-open mouth. He likely right around a year old or so.. gotta get to em early!

Man that sounds like a cigarette ad :haw:

Speaking of, did they ever have Joe Camel riding a bike? Probably could have gotten way more kids hooked that way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

redscare posted:

Speaking of, did they ever have Joe Camel riding a bike? Probably could have gotten way more kids hooked that way

Because some of us believe in the man upstairs, but all of us believe in sticking it to the man down here.

:hellyeah:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjgeLX8iqB8

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Z3n posted:

Because some of us believe in the man upstairs, but all of us believe in sticking it to the man down here.

:hellyeah:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjgeLX8iqB8

gently caress yeah gimme some of that cancer GIVE IT TO ME NOW you dick-faced cartoon camel

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

redscare posted:

They did one better. They teamed up with Honda to make a Joe Camel bike.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Phat_Albert posted:

They did one better. They teamed up with Honda to make a Joe Camel bike.

I was hoping there would be a picture of Joe Camel riding a sportbike. While doing a GIS for that, i stumbled upon this:

http://thenewcaferacersociety.blogspot.com/2009/04/robert-nesta-marley.html

What?!!?!

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Z3n posted:

I was hoping there would be a picture of Joe Camel riding a sportbike. While doing a GIS for that, i stumbled upon this:

http://thenewcaferacersociety.blogspot.com/2009/04/robert-nesta-marley.html

What?!!?!

Even Rastas aren't immune to The Sickness

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

We believe in black... because it doesn't show dirt... or weakness.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

wormil posted:

I'll show Joe who's wrong about the Robertson account on Monday

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

If you've ever had to or known someone that had to work on Lucas electric parts, you may find some humor in this.
http://www.mez.co.uk/lucas.html

I'm may order the smoke, just in case.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/mcy/1382659257.html

Dear lord, give me the strength to resist temptation, to avoid encounters with the law at the hands of the god we call supermoto.

:(

quote:

Up for sale is my 99 Yamaha YZ400f SuperMoto. This bike is not only fully built with all the best parts but it’s also plated and street legal in California. This is VERY rare and difficult to find. The engine was fully rebuilt with 426 crank, rod, piston and cylinder less than 3000 miles ago, and the valves were just done. It runs beautifully and has tons of power. Trust me, this thing makes a DRZ400 look like a kids toy. It has just as much power as any of the 450s out there, and more than a lot of them. It also weighs a ton less than a DRZ. Under 250lbs fully fueled.

In addition to the motor the bike has a number of other upgrades.

17” supermoto wheels, Behr rims with billet hubs.
320mm motomaster front brake and 6 piston caliper
Magura hydraulic clutch
Fresh Michelin Pilot Power tires with lots of life left on them
TrailTech Vapor Computer/speedo
Baja Designs Light kit
Acerbis DHH headlight
Custom Carbon fiber gas tank
Swing arm modified for sportbike style rearstand spools
Big Gun head pipe (I have the full exhaust, but the stock muffler is installed because it’s quieter)
Entire bike was disassembled, cleaned and painted when the motor was rebuilt.

I also have lots of spare parts that will go with the bike.

I have the stock dirt wheelset with good knobbies, with a complete oversized front brake assembly from caliper to lever. Makes it quick and easy to swap from dirt to street. You dont even have to bleed the line, just unbolt one caliper, hose and lever, and swap the other one on.

Also have a second spare front caliper,
brand new unused clutch basket still in the packaging
a new braided front brake line still in the packaging.
new black seat cover still in package
Misc. new bearings and seals.
Spare stiffer fork springs,
the Big Gun exhaust muffler
original headlight that came with the baja designs kit
Spare turn signals
a couple different sized front and rear sprockets.
Full set of blue plastics including a spare gas tank
A bunch of other extra number plates and fenders

This bike is in beautiful shape and has been religiously maintained. Owned by a professional race mechanic. Oil changed very frequently, fresh tires, chain and sprockets. You will not find another bike like this one for sale. It’s a true race SuperMoto that will keep up with anything out there, will kill supersports in the canyons, and best of all IT’S STREET LEGAL!!!

:sigh:

I have no money or I would be buying the poo poo out of this bike.

Raven457
Aug 7, 2002
I bought Torquemada's torture equipment on e-bay!

Z3n posted:

Sounds like it's time to start selling yourself on the street corner, imo

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

wormil posted:

What? Have they ever ridden a black bike? :raise:

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Z3n posted:

Dear lord, give me the strength to resist temptation, to avoid encounters with the law at the hands of the god we call supermoto.

:(

:sigh:

just go into crushing debt like the rest of the country, gently caress the future, live in the NOW

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Doctor Zero posted:

What? Have they ever ridden a black bike? :raise:
only on well paved roads between the nearest and next-nearest hooters!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Speaking of terrible ticket machines, today I committed to buy a DRZ400SM. I'll need to find a grandmother to park on.

Darth Llama
Aug 13, 2004

Z3n, you should buy that. I can't even imagine how much fun it must be to ride, and at 250 lbs or less even. At that weight you can almost just have someone pick it up and hold it while you do chain lubing, tire changes, etc.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

JebattoRocket posted:

Z3n, you should buy that. I can't even imagine how much fun it must be to ride, and at 250 lbs or less even. At that weight you can almost just have someone pick it up and hold it while you do chain lubing, tire changes, etc.

The g/f is considering buying it...she'd sell the Z1000 and we'd 2 up on distance on the ZZR1200. :ohdear:

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Z3n posted:

The g/f is considering buying it...she'd sell the Z1000 and we'd 2 up on distance on the ZZR1200. :ohdear:

do it do it do it

I'd buy it myself but thats about $1000 more than I want have to spend

OrangeFurious
Oct 14, 2005

Ce n'est pas une St. Furious.

Z3n posted:

Every now and then I can convince my wife she should buy something for herself, knowing drat well I'll use it more than she does.

The drawback to your situation is that if she buys it, she'll use it.

The choice is simple - regret or jealousy.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
It's easy to quell the occasional pangs of jealousy when you're cackling your head off riding up the steps to the courthouse plaza

laymil
Sep 13, 2005

so it goes...

Z3n posted:

So you'll be sitting on back then?

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

Z3n posted:

Two words, credit union.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Phy posted:

It's easy to quell the occasional pangs of jealousy when you're cackling your head off riding up the steps to the courthouse plaza

I'll be sure to mention that to her. :xd:

laymil posted:

So you'll be sitting on back then?

My pride :(

I just think it'd be hilarious to walk out to the bikes at the end of a ride or bike night or whatever, and have me get on this massive tourer and have her kickstarting an absurd sumo. :v:

Zool posted:

Two words, credit union.

I've already got my complimentary loans from racing :( If this were next year, I'd probably already have the SV sold, the sumo bought, and be looking for an R6...haha.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS
Saw a guy on a cruiser this afternoon with his son riding pillion. The kid looked about 8 and was in shorts and sandals, only protection was a brain bucket. I don't understand how you can voluntarily put your own child in that kind of a situation. Squids are one thing, as are their girlfriends who choose not to wear gear while on the back, at least it's their own choice to be retarded. But a kid is going to have no idea what kind of damage you're going to suffer in an unprotected crash. Ugh, I wish they would take bikes from people like that.

The whole ride home I was picturing an 8 year old all rashed up and imagining what his mother's reaction would be :(

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000
Oh man tell me about it.

Beginning of the summer I saw a fatass dude and his overweight kid, something about the two of them together made it impossible for the kid to put his feet on the rear pegs, or even keep them in and they stuck out like chubby little sausage links as the (i'm assuming) father split lanes down the 110 in LA.

It really freaked me out, but the kids feet never hit a car so I'm hoping its just one of those things that looks really terrible but from a firsthand perspective isn't as close as it seems.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

-Inu- posted:

Saw a guy on a cruiser this afternoon with his son riding pillion. The kid looked about 8 and was in shorts and sandals, only protection was a brain bucket. I don't understand how you can voluntarily put your own child in that kind of a situation. Squids are one thing, as are their girlfriends who choose not to wear gear while on the back, at least it's their own choice to be retarded. But a kid is going to have no idea what kind of damage you're going to suffer in an unprotected crash. Ugh, I wish they would take bikes from people like that.

The whole ride home I was picturing an 8 year old all rashed up and imagining what his mother's reaction would be :(

The problem is you suck at riding motorcycles. That dude isn't going to wreck - he's amazing! And being amazing at riding 800lb cruisers is genetic so his son is also protected :colbert:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

-Inu- posted:

Saw a guy on a cruiser this afternoon with his son riding pillion.

The other day I saw a guy riding a 996 SuperHawk in shorts, t-shirt and no helmet with his son on the back, also with shorts, T-shirt, but wearing a helmet. Kid had to be elementary school age.

They were at the other side of an intersection from me, and when the light went green, the guy wheelied through the intersection and rode it till it hit the limiter :psypop:

redscare
Aug 14, 2003
I saw a dude in Hawaii with no lid or anything with what looked like an 8 year old with an oversize half-face on the back. Wonder what JR will think when daddy is lying on the pavement with an open melon. loving idiots, its ok to be stupid when you're young and have no family, its not when you have kids to take care of. Put on a drat lid so you don't leave them w/out a father.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
We should have a contest, we all strap carseats with babydolls on the back of our bikes and last man not in jail is crowned king of CA or something.

edit: and when you get arrested you have to post your mug shot.

blugu64 fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Sep 23, 2009

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!
I like this idea...

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

blugu64 posted:

We should have a contest, we all strap carseats with babydolls on the back of our bikes and last man not in jail is crowned king of CA or something.

Oh man I'd be in for that. Hell, I could paint the carseat black and the cops would probably never notice, it'd just be another strange protrusion on the rear end end of the ZZR. :v:

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS

Z3n posted:

Oh man I'd be in for that. Hell, I could paint the carseat black and the cops would probably never notice, it'd just be another strange protrusion on the rear end end of the ZZR. :v:
Just don't forget the dimples.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
Sounds like a hilarious idea to me.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

-Inu- posted:

Just don't forget the dimples.

I thought that's what the baby was for.

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

blugu64 posted:

Trolling the cops seems like the worst idea in history

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

I don't know what would freak me out more. A rider with his kid in a car seat or a rider with a DOLL in a car seat.

OrangeFurious
Oct 14, 2005

Ce n'est pas une St. Furious.

Ola posted:

I don't know what would freak me out more. A rider with his kid in a car seat or a rider with a DOLL in a car seat.

There was this guy: http://www.break.com/usercontent/2007/12/Modified-Child-Seat-On-Harley-422770.html

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Is that an official HD child seat?

And does the kid get a set of handlebars too? :psyduck:

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

goddamn it, thats hosed up

blugu64 fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Sep 24, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Lil guy's got his own chaps on and everything. I wonder how well mounted that seat is though.