Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the dad farm
Dec 6, 2005

Robotnik posted:

I have no idea why nobody in the intervening two pages hasn't recommended that you listen to Life Long Tragedy's Runaways album.

holy poo poo, thanks for that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

albear
Jun 7, 2001

the doctor will see you now..

RODSTEEL posted:

holy poo poo, thanks for that!

I'm imagining your reaction is the same as your avatar.

the dad farm
Dec 6, 2005

albear posted:

I'm imagining your reaction is the same as your avatar.

it actually i.......ksjhtgjksdahgasdjkgasderths

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
new Star loving Hipsters is pretty alright

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

shemaghs are so gay its like smegma hahaha
new portraits of past is amaaaazzzziiinnng

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
Saw an old friend's new (sadly bridge 9) band, Soul Control. Not into it but they do a good dinosaur jr cover? Went for Closing In, which is one of the best new Chicago hardcore bands.

Also got a copy of the Infierno de Cobardes 12" 45 Ciudad Monstruosa. Definite ripper.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies
To rob Rev. Norb of his gimmick for a minute...

as of 4:15 AM EST Gentleman Jesse is the best rock and roll band in the world.

JERFit
Dec 25, 2007

if someone said they'd give me money to play music + not have a job anymore I'd say NO
I'm going to see Dillinger 4, playing with the Riverboat Gamblers, Young Offenders, and The Arrivals. The only band from these that I've seen live is the Riverboat Gamblers like 4 years ago.

On a scale of 1-100 about how pumped should I be? 1 is skipping it, not worth it, and 100 is poo poo in my pants for the next 2 weeks due to awesomeness.

ddonahue99
Dec 29, 2003
[witty title goes here]

Capitan Dad posted:

Agreed! They played most, if not all, of the new songs at Dude Fest and they were even better live.

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
What's so wrong with being a punk rock faggot hippy, anyway?

JERFit posted:

I'm going to see Dillinger 4, playing with the Riverboat Gamblers, Young Offenders, and The Arrivals. The only band from these that I've seen live is the Riverboat Gamblers like 4 years ago.

On a scale of 1-100 about how pumped should I be? 1 is skipping it, not worth it, and 100 is poo poo in my pants for the next 2 weeks due to awesomeness.

Which show? I'm going tonight in Santa Cruz and tomorrow in San Francisco. And I saw them last night at the secret show, also in San Francisco. D4 was amazing, but they only managed to play about 20 minutes before they had to stop due to some reason or another. I don't really know why, I was pretty drunk.

So, to answer your question. 100. D4 is loving incredible.

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

Nonsense is better than no sense at all
So New Mexican Disaster Squad broke up :(, but they got the vocalist from Municipal Waste to lay down vox for a new album. The bands called No Friends and it's pretty rad.

Just saw Thursday for the first time in a good 6-7 years and they rocked the house. Played lots of Full Collapse and new stuff (which was their best since Full Collapse)......I've missed going to shows. It's time to get back out there I think.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
I wondered what would happen when the municipal waste gimmick dried up. It was good for a year or two..

ASSASSINS!
Jan 2, 2009
New Daitro album is out, anyone had a change to check it out yet?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

ASSASSINS! posted:

New Daitro album is out, anyone had a change to check it out yet?

What's it called?

ASSASSINS!
Jan 2, 2009

A5H posted:

What's it called?

"Y" and I think it was put out by purepainsuger.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

ASSASSINS! posted:

"Y" and I think it was put out by purepainsuger.

http://www.daitro.com/index2.html

there's 4-5 songs here from it you can listen to, just scroll down

I wish Life at These Speeds hadn't broken up, my friend was spinning To Your Health earlier today and it still sounds as good as it did when it came out

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!

Capitan Dad posted:

Didn't know this was out. Must find.

Not an Anthem posted:

Saw an old friend's new (sadly bridge 9) band, Soul Control. Not into it but they do a good dinosaur jr cover?

Yeah, they were originally on Rivalry but it doesn't look like Kyle is doing anything at all anymore sadly. That said I couldn't get into them either, saw them a few times on other Rivalry shows. Didn't know they were doing a Dinosaur Jr cover now though.

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
So I just finished up a three-day stint of seeing Dillinger Four every night. I'm completely loving exhausted, but it was totally worth it. Those dudes are absurd live. Watched Paddy shave his head, then some other peoples' heads, and then his balls on stage. That was pretty absurd.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Paddy is my hero

JERFit
Dec 25, 2007

if someone said they'd give me money to play music + not have a job anymore I'd say NO

gerfatty posted:

So I just finished up a three-day stint of seeing Dillinger Four every night. I'm completely loving exhausted, but it was totally worth it. Those dudes are absurd live. Watched Paddy shave his head, then some other peoples' heads, and then his balls on stage. That was pretty absurd.
Hahaha I was right at the front of the stage for this and when his wiener popped out my brain basically exploded. Then he played the 2 encores with his dick hanging out. It was absolutely nuts.

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
Wait, who were you? I was the tall skinny scruffy motherfucker with the Off With Their Heads shirt.

gerfatty fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Sep 25, 2009

JERFit
Dec 25, 2007

did you have like a leather looking jacket and blonde/reddish ponytail/beard type deal?

I was the short mexican with the hosed up lazy mohawk (it doesn't even look like it when its not up so it might've not even been noticeable) wearing a black zip-up over a bright yellow "shook ones" shirt.

I was standing next to the obnoxious fat dude who paddy told to stfu. also near the japanese dude with the really long hair.

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
Nah, I didn't have the ponytail. But I was next to the obnoxious fat guy and the Japanese dude. We probably traded sweat.

Charleston Jew
Jul 31, 2005

oh my sloth!

JERFit posted:

did you have like a leather looking jacket and blonde/reddish ponytail/beard type deal?

I was the short mexican with the hosed up lazy mohawk (it doesn't even look like it when its not up so it might've not even been noticeable) wearing a black zip-up over a bright yellow "shook ones" shirt.

I was standing next to the obnoxious fat dude who paddy told to stfu. also near the japanese dude with the really long hair.
I think I saw you.

I'm short enough that I didn't manage to catch a glimpse of paddy's balls, and I'm not sure how to feel about this :ohdear:

JERFit
Dec 25, 2007

oh hey there were a few of us there, maybe we should've met up cause I was flying solo since I don't know many people in the city, and the ones I do know weren't down to go.

also of note, I had Xs on my hand, I felt like I was the only one in the entire place who wasn't over 21, :(

there's a few shows coming up that I really want to go to, but dunno if I will simply because I don't like going alone, and nobody in the SF thread ever wants to go to punk shows, boo

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Charleston Jew posted:

I think I saw you.

I'm short enough that I didn't manage to catch a glimpse of paddy's balls, and I'm not sure how to feel about this :ohdear:

Feel terrible

I do

I dream of the day I watch Paddy pull his nuts out on stage

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

I had some weird rear end dream last night about how I made a post in this thread urging people to listen to Skum Driblurrrzzz and Asylum (UK). I'm losing it.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Dead To Me have a new album out in November. You can download a track from it on Fat's site right now.

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

If you don't like swastikas then you DON'T DESERVE A TATTOO
Every time that The Fest updates their page I get so loving excited. This time its because Vaccine is playing. And Small Brown Bike is doing a reunion there for those who care.

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008
I had a chance to see Vaccine (I assume the Vaccine we're talking about is Will Killingsworth's new band) at my school and buy one of their test-presses, but the show got moved about 30 minutes north of here and I was drunk :(

Charleston Jew
Jul 31, 2005

oh my sloth!

JERFit posted:

oh hey there were a few of us there, maybe we should've met up cause I was flying solo since I don't know many people in the city, and the ones I do know weren't down to go.

also of note, I had Xs on my hand, I felt like I was the only one in the entire place who wasn't over 21, :(

there's a few shows coming up that I really want to go to, but dunno if I will simply because I don't like going alone, and nobody in the SF thread ever wants to go to punk shows, boo
Yeah, most of the people I know aren't really into punk. The next show I'm looking forward to is The Lawrence Arms. I'm in the east bay, so I don't get out to SF that often.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

How are you guys missing Comadre / Acts Of Sedition / Dangers next weekend? I'm going to try to come up but with 2 puppies, one just adopted last weekend, I don't think I can make the 3 hour drive.

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007

Charleston Jew posted:

Yeah, most of the people I know aren't really into punk. The next show I'm looking forward to is The Lawrence Arms. I'm in the east bay, so I don't get out to SF that often.

Dude, where in the East Bay? I'm in Berkeley going to school. I have a car for some unknown reason, so if ya need a ride to a show, I'm usually willing.

Speaking of shows, just got back from Nothington's record release party with Dead To Me. Good show, good buds, good poo poo.

rivals posted:

How are you guys missing Comadre / Acts Of Sedition / Dangers next weekend? I'm going to try to come up but with 2 puppies, one just adopted last weekend, I don't think I can make the 3 hour drive.

If you're talking about the show at Gilman, I'll definitely be there.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

gerfatty posted:

Yeah. Next sunday or something I think? I don't know. I need to figure out what to do about the 7gen/gather show at the end of the month in SD too.

Project Lithium
Dec 24, 2003

by angerbeet

Kim Jong-Chill posted:

Every time that The Fest updates their page I get so loving excited. This time its because Vaccine is playing. And Small Brown Bike is doing a reunion there for those who care.

I saw small brown bike at fest 6 when they said they'd never play another show. I wonder if they may be planning another album? Either way, I love SBB.

Charleston Jew
Jul 31, 2005

oh my sloth!

gerfatty posted:

Dude, where in the East Bay? I'm in Berkeley going to school. I have a car for some unknown reason, so if ya need a ride to a show, I'm usually willing.

Speaking of shows, just got back from Nothington's record release party with Dead To Me. Good show, good buds, good poo poo.

I go to school in Berkeley too, Cal I presume? And I'd totally see the show at Gilman next week but I have plans that weekend :(

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007

Charleston Jew posted:

I go to school in Berkeley too, Cal I presume? And I'd totally see the show at Gilman next week but I have plans that weekend :(

Yup, Cal. A rare punk rock kid at this silly school. IM me if you're thinking about going to a show and need a ride. Screen name is same as it is here.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

rivals posted:

Yeah. Next sunday or something I think? I don't know. I need to figure out what to do about the 7gen/gather show at the end of the month in SD too.

Oh my god, Gather is doing a reunion show? WANT.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Anyone like the kidcrash?
Listened to that new runier as well, it's alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

A5H posted:

Anyone like the kidcrash?
Listened to that new runier as well, it's alright.

The Jokes LP is pretty awesome. Every so often I'll forget about them and then put that album on and be amazed all over again.