Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

We're not talking about actual writers here, we're talking about the people who spend 20 years unemployed because they classify themselves as "writers" while the only thing they produce is a giant pile of form rejection letters.
gently caress yes. I've been writing for fifteen years and I've never once called myself a writer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blinkman987
Jul 10, 2008

Gender roles guilt me into being fat.
Can anybody list some figures for what some wrestlers (curtain jerkers, midcarders, and main eventers) pay for health insurance?

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Blinkman987 posted:

Can anybody list some figures for what some wrestlers (curtain jerkers, midcarders, and main eventers) pay for health insurance?

Click here for the full 757x356 image.

El Axo Grande
Apr 2, 2005

by T. Finn

Blinkman987 posted:

Edge, Christian, Chris Jericho, Tyson Kidd, DH Smith, Natalya, Gail Kim - $0

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Axissillian posted:

Edge, Christian, Chris Jericho, Tyson Kidd, DH Smith, Natalya, Gail Kim - $0

Ted DiBiase, Cody Rhodes - Priceless

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

No, that's what they pay for car insurance.

Handjob Susan
Jun 18, 2001

Now he is your avatar. Shithead.
This is a half wrestling half real life question.

Where does Abe Wagner on the first episode of The Ultimate Fighter fall on the Muta Scale?

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Brickhouse Betty posted:

The best thing about that was the announcing afterwards. Bobby Heenan said "Wait! Which side of the arena did he go off? Was it the side on the river, or..." :ohdear:

And someone, I think it was Tony Schiavone, replies "What does it matter!? On one side you've got a parking lot, on the other side is water, what does it matter?"

And Heenan just gives him this glare of death, like he said the stupidest loving thing ever, which of course Tony did.

That was bischoff who hosed up, actually.

Brickhouse Betty
Sep 11, 2001

Well well well
Ahh, I got the Youtube! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlkO7wM74_E

Yes, it was Bischoff, my bad. Still hilarious, though.

George Kaplan
Mar 12, 2006

Batmanuel posted:

I learned to never jump at Mark Henry

We all learned that. The wrestlers didn't.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

this gets asked a lot but whatever, who was that one WWE writer that used storyboards and everyone loved but then he died or left or something?

Deranged Hermit
Nov 10, 2004

by Tiny Fistpump

The Shaman of Cum posted:

this gets asked a lot but whatever, who was that one WWE writer that used storyboards and everyone loved but then he died or left or something?

Chris Kreski. He was the head writer for Remote Control and ghost-wrote biographies.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

So now that Jimmy Hart's buddy Hogan is doing his new fed, is Wrestlicious MIA?

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.

projecthalaxy posted:

So now that Jimmy Hart's buddy Hogan is doing his new fed, is Wrestlicious MIA?

ACtually, it should be starting syndication soon.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Axissillian posted:

So here is a question, how many times on wrestling have their been actual depictions of attempted murder. Not someone almost killing someone in the ring, but in the storyline someone performing an act backstage that served no purpose other than to legitimately try and kill someone else.

I can think of Stone Cold getting hit by the car, and the Undertaker and Paul Bearer trying to embalm Stone Cold alive.

I'm a little late on this, but the Brian Pillman gun angle could be considered, although that might count as self defense instead of straight up murder.

Also, the WCW Hummer angle (sorry for reminding everyone about that.)

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.

Super Dan posted:

I'm a little late on this, but the Brian Pillman gun angle could be considered, although that might count as self defense instead of straight up murder.

Pillman didn't kill anyone.

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

Handjob Susan posted:

This is a half wrestling half real life question.

Where does Abe Wagner on the first episode of The Ultimate Fighter fall on the Muta Scale?

Considering he was bleeding from one side of his head as opposed to the other, I'd give it a 0.6 on the scale.

Though, the open cut was :gonk:

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

WeaselWeaz posted:

Pillman didn't kill anyone.

ATTEMPTED

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Super Dan posted:

Also, the WCW Hummer angle (sorry for reminding everyone about that.)
There've been tons of car-wreck storylines. Hogan crushed Rock with a semi truck, then was his buddy the next week and Rock was fine. Cena just got run over by JBL recently.

The car thing happens a lot.

George Kaplan
Mar 12, 2006

LividLiquid posted:

There've been tons of car-wreck storylines. Hogan crushed Rock with a semi truck, then was his buddy the next week and Rock was fine. Cena just got run over by JBL recently.

The car thing happens a lot.

ITS A GODDAMN SLEDGEHAMMER.

Conclusion: everything in wrestling world is made of Nerf action foam.

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President
JBL also put Cena in a car, covered it with gasoline and lit it on fire.

No Cenas were hurt during this stunt.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Cena got stabbed in a nightclub by Carlitos bodyguard. Cena recovered.

nyratk1
Jul 24, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

Skinty McEdger posted:

Cena got stabbed in a nightclub by Carlitos bodyguard. Cena recovered.

Cena was stabbed by Jesus. :v:

Happy Happyist
Jul 23, 2007

I need your assistance to make the world blue and change it into a happy and peaceful society.

nyratk1 posted:

Cena was stabbed by Jesus. :v:

Instead, one of the chaingang soldiers pierced Cena's side with a spear, bringing a sudden flow of rapado and ham sandwiches.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Happy Happyist posted:

Instead, one of the chaingang soldiers pierced Cena's side with a spear, bringing a sudden flow of rapado and ham sandwiches.

Finally, with a great crack, Madison Square Garden was broken in two, and Cena threw up his head and let loose with a great wail, proclaiming,"It is don..... I WILL NOT QUIT!"

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President
What the? I'm watching the Vintage Collection and it's Billy Kidman vs Shane Helms on Smackdown but with the WCW logo plastered all over it with Arn Anderson and Scott Hudson on commentary. How long did they have the WCW branded Smackdown?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

What the? I'm watching the Vintage Collection and it's Billy Kidman vs Shane Helms on Smackdown but with the WCW logo plastered all over it with Arn Anderson and Scott Hudson on commentary. How long did they have the WCW branded Smackdown?

One match. That match. That was the show after Booker T and Buff Bagwell stunk up the main event on Raw. The next week they took the angle in a different direction.

BurnHTML
Feb 18, 2003

Axissillian posted:

So here is a question, how many times on wrestling have their been actual depictions of attempted murder. Not someone almost killing someone in the ring, but in the storyline someone performing an act backstage that served no purpose other than to legitimately try and kill someone else.

I can think of Stone Cold getting hit by the car, and the Undertaker and Paul Bearer trying to embalm Stone Cold alive.

I totally marked out when Undertakes sealed The Ultimate Warrior in the casket. I was so worried.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

From the Koko thread just gassed, because I'm still curious.

I can't find it anywhere online even as a text description, and I'm beginning to wonder if I imagined it - but I'm sure I saw a match between Andre the Giant and Koko once where Koko was flying all over the place and actually looked for a few seconds like he might actually beat Andre before the Giant finally got his hands on him and destroyed him.

This would have been in the late 80s sometime, did I just imagine it?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Jerusalem posted:

From the Koko thread just gassed, because I'm still curious.

I can't find it anywhere online even as a text description, and I'm beginning to wonder if I imagined it - but I'm sure I saw a match between Andre the Giant and Koko once where Koko was flying all over the place and actually looked for a few seconds like he might actually beat Andre before the Giant finally got his hands on him and destroyed him.

This would have been in the late 80s sometime, did I just imagine it?

I think it was from when Andre turned heel in '87 and had Heenan as his manager. I think it was Andre's first match as a heel

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Davros1 posted:

I think it was from when Andre turned heel in '87 and had Heenan as his manager. I think it was Andre's first match as a heel

Please elaborate on Andre as a heel. I'm having a difficult time picturing it.

El Axo Grande
Apr 2, 2005

by T. Finn

Batmanuel posted:

Please elaborate on Andre as a heel. I'm having a difficult time picturing it.

WMIII

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Andre was pretty much the number one heel in WWF from tearing Hogan's shirt (those things are pristine, Hogan would never let one get torn!) up to the moment he gave all the money to the fans when he was in the Colossal Connection and pissed off Heenan.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Andre was pretty much the number one heel in WWF from tearing Hogan's shirt (those things are pristine, Hogan would never let one get torn!) up to the moment he gave all the money to the fans when he was in the Colossal Connection and pissed off Heenan.

The giving away money thing was at WrestleMania in a $10,000 Bodyslam Challenge against Big John Studd (who was managed by Heenan). He turned on Heenan at WrestleMania 6 after the Colossal Connection lost the tag belts to Demolition.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Rusty Shackelford posted:

The giving away money thing was at WrestleMania in a $10,000 Bodyslam Challenge against Big John Studd (who was managed by Heenan).

This got me thinking: Andre and Studd were involved in two matches together at Wrestlemanias. The first time Andre was the face and Studd the heel, the second (where Studd was the guest ref) the roles were reversed. Were there any other pairs of wrestlers who faced each other at Mania in both situations?

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Skinty McEdger posted:

This got me thinking: Andre and Studd were involved in two matches together at Wrestlemanias. The first time Andre was the face and Studd the heel, the second (where Studd was the guest ref) the roles were reversed. Were there any other pairs of wrestlers who faced each other at Mania in both situations?

The only thing that I can think of is at WrestleMania 4, Demolition was managed by Mr. Fuji and they were heels. At WM5, Demolition (now faces) took on The Powers of Pain and Mr. Fuji.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rusty Shackelford posted:

The giving away money thing was at WrestleMania in a $10,000 Bodyslam Challenge against Big John Studd (who was managed by Heenan). He turned on Heenan at WrestleMania 6 after the Colossal Connection lost the tag belts to Demolition.

Got them mixed up, I guess. I remember Haku being involved.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Got them mixed up, I guess. I remember Haku being involved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zVMRbws_CQ - WM 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buupGX84aFA - WM 6

Schlitzkrieg Bop
Sep 19, 2005

Wasn't Rock a face at WM 17? If so, I guess that would count with Austin's heel turn at the end of the match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Kentucky Shark posted:

Wasn't Rock a face at WM 17? If so, I guess that would count with Austin's heel turn at the end of the match.

I'm fairly certain I remember him being at least heelish leading into WM17 but by the end of the night, Austin had done everything he could to make Rock into wrestling Jesus.