Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I don't know. The kid seems to have protective gear and a helmet. Depending on how well the seat is put on (I thought for a second it was dust tape, but I didn't look closely enough), it seems safer than the other stories earlier in the thread. Not that I would do it.

And a Harley car seat with handlebars sounds like something that would sell; hopefully to people that will use it in a car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Uthor posted:

I don't know. The kid seems to have protective gear and a helmet. Depending on how well the seat is put on (I thought for a second it was dust tape, but I didn't look closely enough), it seems safer than the other stories earlier in the thread. Not that I would do it.

And a Harley car seat with handlebars sounds like something that would sell; hopefully to people that will use it in a car.

Yeah, while I wouldn't do it either, at least he doesn't have the kid sitting in front of him on the tank with no protection at all like that one pic of the Asian woman. I mean, he's trying.

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Doctor Zero posted:

Yeah, while I wouldn't do it either, at least he doesn't have the kid sitting in front of him on the tank with no protection at all like that one pic of the Asian woman. I mean, he's trying.

Its probably the safest way of getting a little kid onto the bike with you and honestly its not like there are laws saying you can't do it (though some states do prohibit kids younger than 1 on bikes).

This is presuming that the seat was bolted properly to the bike, which is a big presumption.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
I don't think that I'd want my kid strapped to my bike in case of an accident...if the bike flips over, he's just gonna be a road crayon with 500 pounds behind it. Helmet and leathers and have him hold on. Give him straps or something to hold on to, but don't physically attach him to the bike.

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004
HEY ILL HAV 2 TXT U L8TR I JUST DROVE IN 2 A DAYCARE AND SCRATCHED MY RAZR

Z3n posted:

I don't think that I'd want my kid strapped to my bike in case of an accident...if the bike flips over, he's just gonna be a road crayon with 500 pounds behind it. Helmet and leathers and have him hold on. Give him straps or something to hold on to, but don't physically attach him to the bike.

Roll cage baby :cool:

bung
Dec 14, 2004

redscare posted:

(though some states do prohibit kids younger than 1 on bikes).

As of Sept. 1 in Texas, no one under five years of age can ride on a motorcycle.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

dietcokefiend posted:

Roll cage baby :cool:

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Uthor posted:

loving cagers :argh:

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Looks like she might make it out alright, but god that dudes legs are going to be snapped like twigs if not torn clean off if the goes down the wrong way.

OrangeFurious
Oct 14, 2005

Ce n'est pas une St. Furious.

bung posted:

As of Sept. 1 in Texas, no one under five years of age can ride on a motorcycle.

That might be related to the guy I linked to. He lost custody of his kid over that video. Messy divorce and, from what I read, a big deal in Texas.

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004
Welp, sold the bike :(

Hope the dude doesnt die on the ride home. Late at night, pouring with rain, basically only a helmet. I have him a mesh padded jacket that I got originally with that bike, but he has no gloves or boots :-/

But hey, paid in cash

OrangeFurious
Oct 14, 2005

Ce n'est pas une St. Furious.
I don't understand how someone could turn a Vincent Black Shadow into this:

I know, the builder is called Redneck Engineering, so I kinda get that they're idiots, but still. A Black Shadow?

http://www.bikeexif.com/classic-motorcycle-auction

OrangeFurious fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Sep 25, 2009

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

OrangeFurious posted:

I know, the builder is called Redneck Engineering, so I kinda get that their idiots, but still. A Black Shadow?

:ughh:

If you're going to hack up a black shadow, at least make it a performer...come on :(

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

OrangeFurious posted:

I know, the builder is called Redneck Engineering, so I kinda get that their idiots, but still. A Black Shadow?

In the words of Tim Kreider, "O, the fuckers, the fuckers."

bung
Dec 14, 2004

OrangeFurious posted:

You'll get a nice view of the back of the tire with that headlight placement.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Z3n posted:

:ughh:

If you're going to hack up a black shadow, at least make it a performer...come on :(

like this?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

UserNotFound
May 7, 2006
???

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

like this?

Oh...my...god...

If the brakes matches the forks and sprocket, I think I found my dream bike

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

OrangeFurious posted:

I know, the builder is called Redneck Engineering, so I kinda get that they're idiots, but still. A Black Shadow?

Hey, its got a front brake, so its already worlds ahead of most choppers.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

like this?

Holy christ. It makes the other thing worth it...

More info for the curious.
http://www.irvingvincent.com/bikes

165bhp out of an ancient air cooled twin is pretty drat impressive.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

OrangeFurious posted:

I really like the lines on that. I wouldn't ride it if you paid me, but as an object d'art it's pretty nice.

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004
So long you crazy rider!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Doctor Zero posted:

I really like the lines on that. I wouldn't ride it if you paid me, but as an object d'art it's pretty nice.

That was exactly my reaction to this abomination:

It's dumb and probably horrible to drive, but I can't not like the design.

EDIT: No front brake!

Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot

UserNotFound posted:

Oh...my...god...

If the brakes matches the forks and sprocket, I think I found my dream bike

They're loving AP Racing calibers. I doubt you'll be disappointed.

UserNotFound
May 7, 2006
???

Blaster of Justice posted:

They're loving AP Racing calibers. I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Just saying for looks, you know? It's not like I asked for anything crazy like street legal lights...

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

KozmoNaut posted:

Ahahahaha what the gently caress is that thing.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

KozmoNaut posted:

i can!

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

KozmoNaut posted:

So THAT'S how Charlie gets around the chocolate factory.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I guess sometimes it pays to get your bike stolen:

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/mcy/1393368872.html

EDIT, in case it gets flagged:

quote:

I would personally like to thank the robber who stole my motorcycle October 2008. I thought this would be a huge burden but it turned out the best for me. I found a really sweet deal on a different motorcycle that didnt have nearly as many problems as that one.

I thought for sure my bike was shipped to a different city or at the very least sold for parts as it has been 11 months! But no. You sir decided to keep it in the city. Thanks to the MKE police they found my motorcycle this past week and it was fully working. Oh and remember all those problems with my old bike? Now this is where the thank you's come about : I was in desperate need of new tires on that bike. I was waiting for winter season to change the tires but you stole my bike before I could do that. Thanks for putting brand new tires on my bike! That windshield I had was complete poo poo. I didnt like it one bit and neither did you, so thanks for changing the windshield as well. My brakes....those werent too hot either. That was a big expense waiting to happen. But you were nice enough to fix that as well. I really appreciate all the work you did for me and as I usually say, you really didnt have to. Now the only thing I could not stand was that you painted my sweet rear end blue bike (people always complimented on the color) to orange. While orange is one of my favorite colors it is something I would not paint my bike. And last, thanks for filling up my gas tank. I knew it was on empty when you stole it but again your nice guy tactics decided to fill it up for me.

I should probably check to see if you did other work for me and update this post later.

Dont try to steal it again as I have moved and now a security person on site 24/7.

Now I have two bikes and I get to decide which bike I want to ride that day. And you got to pay for all the expenses mentioned above plus prosecution from the police. Maybe you should think twice about what your doing and be helpful to society.

DUMBASS!

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Phat_Albert posted:

I guess sometimes it pays to get your bike stolen:

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/mcy/1393368872.html

EDIT, in case it gets flagged:

I thought it was going to be about a nice insurance payout that was more than the initial cost of the bike, but that is so much better.

Chairon
Aug 13, 2007
I once was a man. Well,I suppose I still am.
It's over. No more dealing with losing all my oil! Took the bike on a nice 20 or so mile ride and not a drop of oil escaped. Hell yes.

And I forgot to mention! I was riding along doing about 65 when something tiny flew into my chest. I stopped a little bit later, looked down and saw a blue Dragonfly sitting there. He sorta stood there a while, then took off. It was pretty cool.

Chairon fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Sep 26, 2009

Gnomad
Aug 12, 2008

blugu64 posted:

We should have a contest, we all strap carseats with babydolls on the back of our bikes and last man not in jail is crowned king of CA or something.

edit: and when you get arrested you have to post your mug shot.

Full disclosure story-Gnoma'am trains the trainers who teach people to properly install car seats, as part of the class, there is a car seat check. I rode this to the car seat check to check the reactions of the newly trained technicians-usually they get that it's a joke but this time was a bit unruly. One of the ladies put down her clipboard and came after me in a rather intimidating fashion. I feared for my safety. It was fortunate that I was wearing a helmet, I thought she was ready to smack me one.

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

Awesome!

Is that the peace sign or the bird?

Valfar
Nov 12, 2004

Born to lose, live to win.
We all know KTM sells an unbelievable amount of KTM branded merch.
New for '10 is a KTM branding iron!

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Valfar posted:

I love KTM but I fear needles! Now others will no longer call my loyalty into question. :downs:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Well, I've had to cancel my planned trip to southern france :argh: :(
I still haven't received my UK license from the DVLA, and with the postal strikes I have no idea when I'm likely to get it. I can't keep postponing my vacation at work either while I wait for it.
Still, I'm hoping I can fit in at least a severely truncated trip to the continent on my days off as soon as it arrives.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
NESBA is having a track day at Pacific Raceways this monday. I'll be there with my fancy camera trying to get onto the track if possible.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Valfar posted:

It's so drat literal.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I thought they already had a KTM branding iron, it was called "the exhaust on the 690".

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004
Finally picked up some cheapo inner ear headphones to use while riding.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8964864&type=product&id=1218008398563

They are small enough to not rip out of my ears when I slide the helmet on, and seem to block out enough road noise that I can keep the music at a reasonable level to not try and overpower everything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007

dietcokefiend posted:

Finally picked up some cheapo inner ear headphones to use while riding.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8964864&type=product&id=1218008398563

They are small enough to not rip out of my ears when I slide the helmet on, and seem to block out enough road noise that I can keep the music at a reasonable level to not try and overpower everything else.

Love these earbuds, way better than the ipod ones. Got the red to match my Duck