Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

ANAmal.net posted:

how do i get my cat to stop making GBS threads on the window sill and use her goddamned litter box

this is probably the last forum i ever expected to be asking that in

put aluminium foil on the window sill and anywhere else you would like the cat to not poo poo. They don't the feel of it on their calws afaik.

I know it works for bunnies, ymmv.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

martyFREEDOM
Mar 9, 2006

Marty McFly is respectful of Old Glory.

ANAmal.net posted:

how do i get my cat to stop making GBS threads on the window sill and use her goddamned litter box

this is probably the last forum i ever expected to be asking that in

put the cat in the box, grab it's paws, and kind of rub them into the clean litter like you are making them scratch it. they will usually put 2 and 2 together and poo there because they naturally want to go in dirt or sandy type things. also scrub down your window sill to get rid of any smells

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001

martyFREEDOM posted:

put the cat in the box, grab it's paws, and kind of rub them into the clean litter like you are making them scratch it. they will usually put 2 and 2 together and poo there because they naturally want to go in dirt or sandy type things. also scrub down your window sill to get rid of any smells

You basically only to show a cat this once, and they'll get it, if they have any intention of making GBS threads in it. I just showed a kitten this like 2 days ago and he's using the box like a trooper now.

martyFREEDOM
Mar 9, 2006

Marty McFly is respectful of Old Glory.

The Remote Viewer posted:

You basically only to show a cat this once, and they'll get it, if they have any intention of making GBS threads in it. I just showed a kitten this like 2 days ago and he's using the box like a trooper now.

well i had to show my kitten twice mostly because she grew way faster and got bigger then we had expected, so we bought a new litter box to accommodate her size (she was totally missing, pooping over the edge heh) and moved it from the front porch to the basement because she was big enough to navigate the stairs. she wouldn't go down there until i did the scratch in the box process again

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001

martyFREEDOM posted:

well i had to show my kitten twice mostly because she grew way faster and got bigger then we had expected, so we bought a new litter box to accommodate her size (she was totally missing, pooping over the edge heh) and moved it from the front porch to the basement because she was big enough to navigate the stairs. she wouldn't go down there until i did the scratch in the box process again

I think I only have one cat that knows how to use it correctly. Most of them don't seem to grasp how exactly to cover over what they just did.

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?
"it's george costanza" ?>
this is a good page to read while eating

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?
yospos: poo poo and piss

Weedle
May 31, 2006

ahhh spiders posted:

this is a good page to read while eating

I literally can't do anything without being on the internet. I have a laptop so I can be on the internet while I poop. I eat every meal in front of the computer so I can be on the internet while I consume my processed food products. I have a monitor mounted on the headboard of my bed so I can be on the internet while I gently caress my monthly hooker. I'm ahhh spiders.

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?

BOOM! DOCTA WATSON posted:

I literally can't do anything without being on the internet. I have a laptop so I can be on the internet while I poop. I eat every meal in front of the computer so I can be on the internet while I consume my processed food products. I have a monitor mounted on the headboard of my bed so I can be on the internet while I gently caress my monthly hooker. I'm ahhh spiders.

i get real upset and write a lot of words. im whoever you are

Weedle
May 31, 2006

ahhh spiders posted:

i get real upset and write a lot of words. im whoever you are

lol nice try

PREG NET
Jan 3, 2005

no u

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?
hang on.. is this guy.... is he really ..? oh my god hes eating. at the computer! the computer table should onyl be used for computing. the eating table is for eating. i have aspergers

PREG NET
Jan 3, 2005

ahhh spiders posted:

hang on.. is this guy.... is he really ..? oh my god hes eating. at the computer! the computer table should onyl be used for computing. the eating table is for eating. i have aspergers

DjLizard
Aug 8, 2005

What wozatar?

ahhh spiders posted:

PREG NET
Jan 3, 2005
ahh spiders come help me arrange my model trains

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?
can i bring my book full of pictures of real trains

PREG NET
Jan 3, 2005
if you dont bring your ssuspenders for the uniform im not gonna let you in

we're not playing we're reenacting

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

martyFREEDOM posted:

tried this, if it doesnt work im either going to do the foil thing or take her back to the foster mom we got her from and trade her in for the other maine coon they have

i should point out that this cat is like 6-8 years old, its not like this is a kitten whos never been housetrained before

the wife is not down with the foil because the cat likes to hang out there even when she isnt dropping a deuce, but i am seriously getting sick of cleaning up this poo poo

Roguestar
May 13, 2005

developers developers developers developers

ahhh spiders posted:

i have aspergers

your mask is slipping

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

:siren:ATTN "ahhh spiders":siren:

I like to think your username is a sigh of relaxation, like you get home from a hard day of work and slide into a jacuzzi full of spiders.

ahhh, spiders :)

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

yeah I'm in Tulsa

I take two buses to get to Reasor's, I could just walk to Piggly Wiggly but that store is so lovely

DjLizard posted:

Tulsa supremacy
:hf:

Wow I didn't know that, cool.. I'm in Tahlequah right now but dying to move up to Tulsa, just have a bad credit issue to fix before im rentable, unless either of you know a private owned place that isn't poo poo that you could recommend.

Mysterious Aftertaste
May 20, 2004

So Marigold, my love, you've had too much to drink...

djlizard doesn't live in tulsa afaik

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?
let me crack open my access db of yospos poster infos... nope you dont live at these gps coordin8s

Mysterious Aftertaste
May 20, 2004

So Marigold, my love, you've had too much to drink...

he lives in florida thats all i know

and the evan is apparently my neighbor

z0rge Costanza
Jul 30, 2006

My posting...it's shit Jerry! Shit!
YOSPOS: hang on.. is this guy.... is he really ..? oh my god hes eating. at the computer! the computer table should onyl be used for computing. the eating table is for eating. i have aspergers

LinuxGirl87
Feb 13, 2006

by Ozmaugh

z0ratio hornblower posted:

YOSPOS: hang on.. is this guy.... is he really ..? oh my god hes eating. at the computer! the computer table should onyl be used for computing. the eating table is for eating. i have aspergers

DjLizard
Aug 8, 2005

What wozatar?
I lived in Tulsa for 15 years tho

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

z0ratio hornblower posted:

GBS: hang on.. is this guy.... is he really ..? oh my god hes eating. at the computer! the computer table should onyl be used for computing. the eating table is for eating. i have aspergers

z0rge Costanza
Jul 30, 2006

My posting...it's shit Jerry! Shit!

Lum posted:

:ironicat:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

dcallen posted:

YOSPOS: you get home from a hard day of work and slide into a jacuzzi full of spiders.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

ANAmal.net posted:

tried this, if it doesnt work im either going to do the foil thing or take her back to the foster mom we got her from and trade her in for the other maine coon they have

i should point out that this cat is like 6-8 years old, its not like this is a kitten whos never been housetrained before

the wife is not down with the foil because the cat likes to hang out there even when she isnt dropping a deuce, but i am seriously getting sick of cleaning up this poo poo

go to petsmart they have a special kind of kitty litter named cat attract. it's all i use with my cat who was problematic for years and has no issues now. it has pheramones in it that do something that make cats want to poo poo all over it.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2751734

i've found that if you use that + clean daily and sprinkle some extra on top after cleaning = no pooping. it also comes with a hand book to give you tips on how to get your cat to stop making GBS threads outside of the box too!

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

flyboi posted:

go to petsmart they have a special kind of kitty litter named cat attract. it's all i use with my cat who was problematic for years and has no issues now. it has pheramones in it that do something that make cats want to poo poo all over it.

i've found that if you use that + clean daily and sprinkle some extra on top after cleaning = no pooping. it also comes with a hand book to give you tips on how to get your cat to stop making GBS threads outside of the box too!

flyboi puts this on his junk

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
:golgo:
my cat will fetch toys BUT ONLY IF IT IS A KNIT MOUSE *WITH SPARKLES* :gay:

Roguestar
May 13, 2005

developers developers developers developers
did you replace your cat's eyes with LED headlamps

Thug Bonnet
Sep 22, 2004

anime tits ftw

ANAmal.net posted:

or take her back to the foster mom we got her from and trade her in for the other maine coon they have

dont be a dick

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Tatsujin posted:

my cat will fetch toys BUT ONLY IF IT IS A KNIT MOUSE *WITH SPARKLES* :gay:

can this lens flare cliche be bannable already :rolleyes:

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

Powercrazy posted:

can this lens flare cliche be bannable already :rolleyes:

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

three posted:

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

flyboi posted:

Gonna try this.

Thug Bonnet posted:

dont be a dick

I really don't want to, but I'm not going to clean up cat poo poo on my windowsill every day for the rest of my/her life. Giving the cat away is absolutely my option of last resort, especially because I actually like the drat thing, and we're friends with the adoption lady (she went to college with my wife) so I don't want to dump another cat on her just because I'm a bad owner, when she's already buried in them.

look at me, fukken seriyospostin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

ANAmal.net posted:

I really don't want to, but I'm not going to clean up cat poo poo on my windowsill every day for the rest of my/her life. Giving the cat away is absolutely my option of last resort, especially because I actually like the drat thing, and we're friends with the adoption lady (she went to college with my wife) so I don't want to dump another cat on her just because I'm a bad owner, when she's already buried in them.

tell your wife to fuckin' get over it and use the aluminum foil.

cats get used to shittin' in one place and the more you allow the cat to poo poo in the same place the more it'll poo poo there. Close off access to that area for a while, make sure he knows where he's supposed to poo poo and make sure it's really clean and maybe try that crazy litter that other dude was talkin about.

But really, step zero is 'stop letting him poo poo where he shouldn't be' - close the fuckin window, put aluminum foil there, spray it with that Cat-B-Gon spray, whatever. After a few months he can go back to the window or whatever, but for now it should be off-limits to him.