Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Bolkovr posted:

Lotus Elan: just about the smallest car ever made and this guy can't get the entire car into any of his shots.

Are you going to buy it? (I mean that would be a good reason not to link)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolkovr
Apr 20, 2002

A chump and a hoagie going buck wild
I am trying to protect goons from a "was running when parked" Lotus. (don't click!)

vs Dinosaurs
Mar 14, 2009

Bolkovr posted:

I am trying to protect goons from a "was running when parked" Lotus. (don't click!)

Why would you "just recently" get a soft top fitted to a car that "had a hard time starting last time I checked".
:iiam:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I feel like I'd need it for some nefarious mission in GTA:
http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/1389866903.html

INTERNATIONAL 7400 VAC-CON VACUUM / JETTER

YEAR: 2007
MAKE: INTERNATIONAL 7400 / VAC-CON
MOTOR: INTERNATIONAL DT466 / 300hp
TRANSMISSION: ALLISION 3000 RDS/AUTO 6 SPEED
SUSPENSION: 40,000 LB. REAR HENDRICKSON SUSPENSION
20,000 LB FRONT AXLE

MILES: 23,500 ORIGINAL OWNER
HOURS: 2200hr FRONT MOTOR
691hr DUETZ AUX. ENGINE

TIRES: 11 x 22.5 REAR (APPROX 70% - 80% TREAD)
425 65 x 22.5 FLOATS ON FRONT (80% TREAD)

EQUIPMENT: VAC-CON VACUUM / JETTER COMBO WITH:
- 12 YARD DEBRIS BODY
- PD BLOWER
- DOUBLE EXTENDING BOOM
- 1500 GALLON FRESH WATER
- 80 GPM / 3000 PSI / GIANT
- HYDRAULIC HOSE REEL
- 1” x 500FT PIRANHA JETTER HOSE
- HAND GUN
- 25’ SUCTION TUBES
- HYDRAULIC HI DUMP BODY
- HYDRAULIC LOCK & RELEASE REAR DOOR
- REMOTE CONTROL

CONDITION: CLEAN OVERALL!! RUNS, DRIVES, OPERATES EXCELLENT

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

kimbo305 posted:

- HAND GUN

What, you'd ever buy a truck without one?:clint:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

1998 Audi A4 :frogsiren: FORTY-FIVE-THOUSAND-DOLLARS :frogsiren:

But it's worth it because, well, uh, mmm, it's got pictures of his skanky ho next to it?

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-Audi-1998-Audi-A4-Quatrro-black-best-offer-must-go-W0QQAdIdZ158644774

Oh yeah, it only needs a little thing called a HEAD GASKET. Other than that, it's all good.

quote:

7 inch chrome rims, Front body kit, Alarm, Tint, Gps, Sun roof, Power window control with the key remote also to close and open the windows, All wheel drive, heated leather seats, Colour black, No rust.

(head gasket need repair no other problems, run as new)

Call 403-305-5045 ask for Franky or leave a message.

Oh, Franky :allears:

I am hoping he had a typo and is looking for $4500 obo, but idiocy can be amazing.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

slidebite fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Sep 29, 2009

oxbrain
Aug 18, 2005

Put a glide in your stride and a dip in your hip and come on up to the mothership.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/1391057739.html

Man-Eating Cow
Jan 18, 2001

by Fistgrrl
I wonder how many people would be spared the embarrassment of posting pictures of tits or scans of random notes to family members if they figured out how to look at thumbnails before hitting Upload.

bladernr
Oct 3, 2006
I'm not wearing any pants. Film at 11!

Man-Eating Cow posted:

I wonder how many people would be spared the embarrassment of posting pictures of tits or scans of random notes to family members if they figured out how to look at thumbnails before hitting Upload.

I don't know about you, but I really want to buy a nicely used Fiesta now...

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Man-Eating Cow posted:

I think that's entirely intentional.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Do you get the skanky ho with the car? I also use to live near there.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

quote:

Up for sale is my 1988 Jaguar XJS V-12 with the 5.3 liter motor. Paint is a 7/10 as it is faiding in some places. New Pirelli P4000 tires. Ran well untill i lost the keys about three months ago. Once it got up to temp the cad converter would smoke so there is probibly a hole in it. I've been looking for a way to hot wire it so i can get it running again. The Title has been signed over in my name and noterized, I can send it into Raligh and get it back to sign over to the buyer if you need it. I drove it up and down my dead end street several times a week to make sure everything stayed lubricated and it never stalled, or stopped running. Fresh oil, oil filter, fuel fiter, 6 new spark plugs. It would be a good canidate for the Chevy/Ford V-8 swap, a gold mine of good parts, or a great project car. I am trying to get a fraction of what i have invested in this car out of it because it would kill me to see it sit outside and get snowed on this winter. The price is $2500 OBO,so thats just a starting point, so dont be shy, send me an offer. I would also trade the Jag for any interesting car, ie other Jags, BMW, Alfa, Triumph, but I am really looking for a Porsche, preferably a 928. If its in good enough condition I will throw in my 1985 944. Thanks for looking, I will try to anwer any questions you have. 828-891-9815 or 828-489-6266 If one dosnt work try the other. I can send more pics.

It's like this guy is trying to remake Top Gear challenges. Though I'll admit, I am tempted for reasons I cannot explain.

Edit: Thumbnailed the picture and added a quote

As Nero Danced fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Sep 30, 2009

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

6 new spark plugs? He really spares no expense.

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

As Nero Danced posted:

It's like this guy is trying to remake Top Gear challenges. Though I'll admit, I am tempted for reasons I cannot explain.

I owned one of those once. Just chew on some shards of glass for a while instead. You'll save yourself a lot of pain and money.

oxbrain
Aug 18, 2005

Put a glide in your stride and a dip in your hip and come on up to the mothership.

sbaldrick posted:

Do you get the skanky ho with the car? I also use to live near there.

How do you know she's a skanky ho?

Pretty Little Rainbow
Dec 27, 2005

by T. Finn
Drivin' slow
Windows low
Pullin' Hoes
in my Festiva

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008

kimbo305 posted:

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/1389866903.html

INTERNATIONAL 7400 VAC-CON VACUUM / JETTER

Ha, I work on these evey other day, except ours are Vactor Combo-Jets on 6 axle Sterling chassis. Can't say I've ever seen any on CL before!

In case anyone was wondering WTF these are for; the big hose reel on the front you use to flush out a sewer line of debris and then the big snorkle looking hose is for sucking poo poo up, literally.

Joe Mama fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Sep 30, 2009

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Joe Mama posted:

Ha, I work on these evey other day, except ours are Vactor Combo-Jets on 6 axle Sterling chassis. Can't say I've ever seen any on CL before!

In case anyone was wondering WTF these are for; the big hose reel on the front you use to flush out a sewer line of debris and then the big snorkle looking hose is for sucking poo poo up, literally.

Can I hook the hose on the front to the tank on the back, so I can spray poo poo everywhere?

Lord Lilf
Aug 12, 2007

by exmarx
How 'bout a sweet custom camaro? :haw:

http://newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/1362732875.html

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Lord Lilf posted:

Click here for the full 1636x786 image.

It looks like a tooth.

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Maybe if I sell enough undercoating, I'll eventually stop being a gigantic prick.

Fuelslt1 fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Nov 28, 2018

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

Fuelslt1 posted:

I think we should contact John Silva and ask if he really built that car.

Even if he did, I'm sure he'd be too ashamed to admit it.

orange lime
Jul 24, 2008

by Fistgrrl

Fuelslt1 posted:

I think we should contact John Silva and ask if he really built that car.

I was going to say. Does he have a huge coke habit to pay for? Does he owe money to the mob?
Maybe it was a legitimate contract build, but the client (seller) ran out of money, Silva quit, and the car is now for sale to try and get back some of his "investment".

Wandering Idiot
Jul 22, 2003

by Ozma
Actual loving gold, and the phone number is disconnected. Mother. Fucker. :mad:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Lord Lilf posted:

That re-enforces the image of "Turd Gen Camaro"

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao

Lord Lilf posted:

paint it black and i'd drive the poo poo out of it , but only at night to cruise

yeah, i know :(

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

Lord Lilf posted:

That ad posted:

Built 305 cu.in. Holley 4bbl, TH350 tranny with shift kit, 10 bolt posi with 2:73 gears. Spins second gear with 12" wide tires.
Is this guy serious? Built 305? 2.73 rear end?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Left Ventricle posted:

Is this guy serious? Built 305? 2.73 rear end?

No poo poo.

"Let's rebuild the least desirable small block and put in the tallest geared rear end we can possibly find!" :haw:

If he's really burning the tires like he says, he probably made it a 3.73 and he's just an idiot.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

MIAMI VICE FERRARI DAYTONA SPYDER 365 GTB REPLICA

This thing is pretty loving awesome and I would probably buy it if I had the cash. Then promptly buy a pastel suit and a pair of Wayfarers then get some black dude in a classy suit to ride around with me.

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/1363908871.html

Seriously though, the Ferrari Daytona Spyder is incredible, and even though this is a replica I'd totally buy it.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
In the inscrutable north Florida tradition of demanding top dollar for old-rear end trucks, behold:

$6900
http://gainesville.craigslist.org/cto/1400523543.html

MrKatharsis fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Oct 1, 2009

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

leica posted:

Seriously though, the Ferrari Daytona Spyder is incredible, and even though this is a replica I'd totally buy it.

See, thats the problem. Everyone who knows what it is supposed to be will know its a kit and everyone else will think its some beat-up 80's RX-7 thing.

$20k will get you a whale tail porsche and at least you won't get accused of being a poser.

Blocko
Jul 12, 2008

Spoiler alert: Blood Ravens are actually Hiigarans who got sucked into the warp, were sent back in time to fight in WWII against the Panzer Elite, then stole a nazi time machine to go into the future and save mankind from an army of Lobster-Elephants and other impossible creatures.

Rated R.
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rds/cto/1375629155.html

Oh how badly I want to call this guy and tell him that he's just sold a car.

E: thumbnailed version.

Blocko fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Oct 1, 2009

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Tai-Pan posted:

See, thats the problem. Everyone who knows what it is supposed to be will know its a kit and everyone else will think its some beat-up 80's RX-7 thing.

$20k will get you a whale tail porsche and at least you won't get accused of being a poser.

But see, even though it's a replica it's still cool as poo poo and more unique than a 911 because 99% of the population wouldn't know what the gently caress it was replicating to begin with. Even car guys wouldn't know the difference until you stomped the gas or lifted the hood, so I don't see how you could possibly be a "poser". People in Cobra replicas aren't looked at as posers, because no one can afford a real Cobra. Same goes for a Daytona Spyder.

Pat Clements
Feb 10, 2008

leica posted:

But see, even though it's a replica it's still cool as poo poo and more unique than a 911 because 99% of the population wouldn't know what the gently caress it was replicating to begin with. Even car guys wouldn't know the difference until you stomped the gas or lifted the hood, so I don't see how you could possibly be a "poser". People in Cobra replicas aren't looked at as posers, because no one can afford a real Cobra. Same goes for a Daytona Spyder.
I mean, yeah, and it's an impressive replica because it's a McBurnie. The one they used on the show pissed Ferrari off enough that they gave 'em a Testarossa if they agreed to blow it up...

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

Wandering Idiot posted:

Actual loving gold, and the phone number is disconnected. Mother. Fucker. :mad:

Free collectible car, no pics or info, and the only way to get in touch with the seller is to call? Chances are a lot higher somebody's loving with Corey's phone number.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

The Prisoner posted:

I mean, yeah, and it's an impressive replica because it's a McBurnie. The one they used on the show pissed Ferrari off enough that they gave 'em a Testarossa if they agreed to blow it up...

The same guy has another one made by Rowley Corvette, whoever that is. Looks like he has a collection.

He's asking 10k more for it which is funny because you'd think the Miami Vice original replica would be worth more.

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/1383979486.html

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

http://lethbridge.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-Acura-1990-Acura-Integra-Hatchback-MUST-SELL-W0QQAdIdZ159132328

:ughh:
Where do you even start

quote:

MUST SELL ASAP!!!!! $3500 OBO

1990 Acura Integra LS: Candy Pink Paint
Sunroof, AC, 4 wheel disc brakes, PS
V. I. S body kit
Shaved rear spoiler and molded side skirts
92 - 93 taillights
17" Koinig Tantrum Wheels with new 205/40/R17 tires
Tenzo R coilovers
Cross drilled and slotted brakes front and back with AEM pads
-B18A1 with Ractive headers, custom 2 1/2" exhaust, 5 Zigen Fireball muffler, Crane cams igintion with Msd cap and coil and Accel wires, Weapon R trottle rotor and fuel pressure regulator, Tom's motorports cold air intake
Spoon front strut bar, ebay rear stut tower bar

MINT Black Interior!!! No rips or tears
Momo steering wheel and hub adaptor
titainium shift knob ( kind of purple color)
Panasonic cd/mp3 player with Alpine 6" type s speakers

THE BAD:
1)The car runs strong but uses oil and antifreeze ( minor smoke only visable at high rpm, smoke is not constant ). Good news is we had a parts car with 195,000kms and we pulled the engine before junking the car. Because we need to sell this car, we will give the engine to the buyer at no cost. The parts car ran like a dream but had a very bent frame.
2)Engine light comes on because the exhaust needs a new oxygen sensor( $75 )
3) Signal light relay is burnt out, hazards work but signals quit the other day.
4) Small amount of rust appearing in the typical honda/acura wheel wells right by the rear bumper. Its hardly even visable, as you can see in the photos.

MUST SEE IN PERSON
You cant capture the true color of the car in photos
This car is a real head turnner

Email or phone calls
403-524-0199 Christina or Jeremy

Car is located in Lethbridge

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

I think you start and finish with the paint. Otherwise, I don't think that's too bad.

But drat, that is sure some paint.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Invested is the best word on Craigslist.

quote:

Rare '81 Jeep CJ-8 Scrambler - $12000 (DM AFB, Tucson)
Date: 2009-09-16, 11:43AM MST

This is a custom built go anywhere Jeep and has been shown in the Reader's Rigs section of 4WD magazine. If you know Jeeps you know that Scramblers are hard to find, and that they make great trail rigs due to having the longest wheel base of any Jeep on the market. Don't plan on driving this Jeep without people asking you lots of questions, since it tends to draw a lot of attention. Over $20K and countless hours invested, remember Jeeps are built not bought the way you want it, personalize it! We have reciepts for all that has been done. This has been my husbands baby, and is incredibly hard for him to part with, but you can only move so much. Please call 520 609 3657 and I can answer most of the questions, we're asking $12,000 OBO, can email more pictures on request.

Okay....so this guy understands that much...but he doesn't get the implication of that line...that whatever he's done to this vehicle means it isn't what the buyer wants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

VideoTapir posted:

I think you start and finish with the paint. Otherwise, I don't think that's too bad.

But drat, that is sure some paint.

The paint is certainly a huge part, but the body kit is uglier than gently caress, EBAY STRUT BRACE, starting to rust (always more than they can see), almost certainly needs a headgasket (if you're lucky), non-functioning signal/hazard lights, burns blue, oxygen sensor (if it's only $75, fix the drat thing) all for the top dollar. But hey, you get a free spare motor! with 195K

In mint shape it'd only be work $4k tops.