Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn

Daniel posted:

I've definitely got to register my opinion in this thread that the new England kit is loving lovely. Both the home and away kits are amazing and I may actually have to buy one this year. I basically really hate garish kits, so I do appreciate the Spain and Germany kits too.

The away kit hasn't been leaked yet has it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.

ICA posted:

Why did Germany get individual designs from Adidas?

That's where they originate?

Daniel
Jan 30, 2004

Dignified.

luvd posted:

The away kit hasn't been leaked yet has it?

From a couple of pages back there is this

Not a leak per se but it should give you a good idea.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
Yeah I saw that, will hopefully be lovely.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

ICA posted:

Because they're German, I guess.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

ICA posted:

Adidas is a German company and IIRC the German national team has been a marquee team for them for a long time, kind of like how Nike has focused on Brazil and the U.S. since they got into soccer.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

ICA posted:

"Adi" Dassler was German. Adidas is German.

e;fb

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

c0burn posted:

"Adi" Dassler was German. Adidas is German.

e;fb

His brother started Puma too, I believe after a falling out.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

Mickolution posted:

His brother started Puma too, I believe after a falling out.
Yep.
http://www.newsweek.com/id/132068

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
Ahh that makes perfect sense, I always thought the adidas kits looked a bit, you know, ja voll herr schnell juden raus.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Directorman posted:

England's kit isn't boring! It's the best kit in World Football right now

World Football (tm)

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Really liking that Germany shirt, way better than the Euro08 shirt that I wasn't a fan of at all.

Dr. Platypus
Oct 25, 2007
I haven't liked any recent Germany kits more than the one they wore at World Cup 2006.

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?
I really liked their previous home shirt, not sure what to think about this one. The badge is nice but the colors on the lines to the right are bizarre.

edit for picture:

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Preferred the previous one, more color.

Dr. Platypus
Oct 25, 2007
That badge looks much nicer in closeup, and I don't mind the stripe colors. Still, no 2006.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Soundboz posted:

I really liked their previous home shirt, not sure what to think about this one. The badge is nice but the colors on the lines to the right are bizarre.

edit for picture:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dr. Platypus
Oct 25, 2007
I think he was referring more to the colors being pretty dull, they're not as bright as they used to be.

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?

Dr. Platypus posted:

colors being pretty dull
This.

Dr. Platypus
Oct 25, 2007
I actually kind of like the dull colors, but I can see why someone wouldn't.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

That shirt is way too classy and toned-down to have bright yellow and red stripes down the side.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

wicka posted:

That shirt is way too classy and toned-down to have bright yellow and red stripes down the side.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

German kits looks awesome. Kinda want one..

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Is the badge plastic?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
looks like it's embroidered with reflective thread to me.

Sourpuss
Mar 18, 2007

Chomb Chomb Chomb
Just got my order through from bornprosper, so i thought id take pics for the thread.
All the tags seem genuine and so does the label.
I do like the "made in england" bit, as it was sent from Tailand.

Click here for the full 2048x1536 image.

Very good quality, and if its a fake, its a very good fake.
The only thing i dislike the the feel of the text on the back, it feels rubbery, but i dont have a genuine one to compair against.

Let me know if you want pictures/closeups of anything

Craiglen
Sep 2, 2006
In the hypothetical scenario of me being a City fan I woud also get Bellamy on the back.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
Let's be honest, it's not all that hypothetical is it?

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
I jest!

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Sourpuss posted:

Just got my order through from bornprosper, so i thought id take pics for the thread.
All the tags seem genuine and so does the label.
I do like the "made in england" bit, as it was sent from Tailand.

It doesn't say "Made in England", the wording is a sneaky little trick by Umbro to make you assume that.

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small
Yeah, all it's really saying is that Umbro is in England.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Sourpuss posted:

Very good quality, and if its a fake, its a very good fake.
The only thing i dislike the the feel of the text on the back, it feels rubbery, but i dont have a genuine one to compair against.

Let me know if you want pictures/closeups of anything

The name and number seem really low down on the back to me, I don't have them printed on my genuine shirt but I've seen plenty with them and it's a lot higher up.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Transatlantic Gulp posted:

The name and number seem really low down on the back to me, I don't have them printed on my genuine shirt but I've seen plenty with them and it's a lot higher up.

to be fair, the only thing stopping that happening in JJB is the experience of the shop assistant.

foundationofnuness
Jul 11, 2007
internetz make me moist

Transatlantic Gulp posted:

I did notice that... but it does say "Bellamy", so maybe they print them based on the distance from the players' ears for Ultimate Realism(tm).

That shirt does look pretty drat good, though. I think I'll order the new Man Utd home from there soon!

RedPaddy
Apr 24, 2008
It's turning out to be quite hard to find a place selling a ROI away shirt, even online it's only available in a few places and there's no option for numbers or anything. I'm not sure I'd even be an M size since I'm a small guy and that's the lowest size available. Oh well, as long as its here by saturday to ensure my team's victory. (If they lose you will know that I didn't get it in time to wear while watching the match)

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

This could just be for the African Cup, but I'm really not a fan of Puma's kits for Cameroon and Ivory Coast at all

Not only is the shoulder cut-out stupid as hell, but the badge on the right shoulder? The crest should always be over the heart! :psyduck:

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I don't mind the orange one.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
I like em. Dunno what yer on about with the crest over the heart point, there's plenty of shirts with the crest in the middle.

w00bi
Dec 11, 2004

CubanMissile posted:

I don't mind the orange one.

Is that an elephant in the shoulder image?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

w00bi posted:

Is that an elephant in the shoulder image?

Yup, and let me tell you, he's stoked to be there.