Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
so... if there's no fjords tonight...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

*a baboon sits in a tree thoughtfully, holding his shamans rod*
*he looks up, sees a bearded man arrayed in the stars and leaps to his feet cackling wildly*
*runs to a plateau, takes a handful of dust and blows it in the winds, the sparkling motes take the shape of "MAGE" before being carried away across the savanna*
*holding his staff aloft, he cries triumphantly, "IT IS TIME!"*

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004
I no longer believe in the greater purpose.

<dammitwho> Arrian's going to explain this in a way the Fae can understand: He has made a deal with the entire universe to completely clown on your weak-rear end free throw right there. The Catch? It works better on bustas.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
Finished Consilium part 2! Gonna save all the XP till the entire story completes, but, you guys are definitely getting +1 for the line Matryoshka just posted and maybe pluses for other things also.

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Ferrinus posted:

Finished Consilium part 2! Gonna save all the XP till the entire story completes, but, you guys are definitely getting +1 for the line Matryoshka just posted and maybe pluses for other things also.

By entire story do you mean like an Enoch-Saga-long storyline or just until Fun Times At Consilium With Fae And Angel is over?

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
no xp for six more months, imo

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Attorney at Funk posted:

no xp for six more months, imo

Your Arse Mageica philosophy won't work here, Ferrinus runs more often than every six months.

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

[03:48] <VoxPVoxD> >>>>>>trenchfoot sucks<<<<<<<

Dammit Who?
Aug 30, 2002

may microbes, bacilli their tissues infest
and tapeworms securely their bowels digest

man the Guardians probably hate The Neverending Story real bad huh

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuw7tcftAoU

a man of ill repute
Dec 14, 2006

by Ozma
:smith:

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

@zizekspeaks: I am on the toilet.

slavoj zizek, everybody

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
yo dudes, I'm running ars mageica tonight

Dammit Who?
Aug 30, 2002

Attorney at Funk posted:

/

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Attorney at Funk posted:

i might be late but since i'm not playing anyway~

Dammit Who?
Aug 30, 2002

Attorney at Funk posted:

KING OF TROLLS

a man of ill repute
Dec 14, 2006

by Ozma
there is a nonzero chance i will run a mage one-shot sometime in the future just to prove that even im better at this than ferrinus/vox

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

I invite any and everyone to run games to prove they're better at it than I am

a man of ill repute
Dec 14, 2006

by Ozma
sinking slowly to the seabed

a man of ill repute fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Sep 30, 2009

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Attorney at Funk posted:

I invite any and everyone to run games to prove they're better at it than I am

we've taught this howler monkey to roll dice and hoot once for each success, so far it's doing better than you

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

a.) is there any interest remaining in ars mageica after all the trolling/ownage/mediocrity

b.) if not, is there any interest in me running something else instead.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

run geist. arse geistica

brennon
Sep 15, 2004

Attorney at Funk posted:

a.) is there any interest remaining in ars mageica after all the trolling/ownage/mediocrity

b.) if not, is there any interest in me running something else instead.

only if that something else is 4e

Mikan
Sep 5, 2007

by Radium

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

run geist. arse geistica

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Mikan posted:

sorry mikans aren't invited

Mikan
Sep 5, 2007

by Radium

:monocle:

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

brennon posted:

only if that something else is 4e

4e stinks much like all d&d. nwod supremacy

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
<brennon> ride in with a gang of bikers and just circle the vehicles
<brennon> for like a few hours. offer no explaination
<brennon> just circle them while shouting and whirling chains and menacing them with pipes
<Ferrinus> Agreed
<Ferrinus> Yes This
<brennon> then leave after exactly 4 hours
<ill_repute> let me be there please it'll own
<Ferrinus> Yes
<VoxPVoxD> hahahahaha
<Ferrinus> im snickering irl at the thought of this
<brennon> thats my plan
<Ferrinus> Will You Seriously Do That
<brennon> Yes

<brennon> !wodroll 11 Thor
<Ferrinus> brennon rolls12 11 dice (Rerolling5 10s) to2 Thor and gets12 3 successes. (Rerolls:12 1 Failures:2 8 Ones:4 2)
<Ferrinus> success

<Ferrinus> 12So, Thor's got an address and maybe a license plate number and some other stuff. What's his plan for delaying the arrival of an art piece to an exhibit long enough that they're willing to entertain bringing in another to fill its space?
<Ferrinus> 12It seems that the actual art work's coming in out of town - Thor can corner it on some back road as it approaches the city, one mostly unoccupied otherwise...
<brennon> 7The bikers descend upon the convoy like a pack of dogs on a vulnerable herd of gazelle. Thor brings his bike to a screeching halt in from of the lead vehicle as his boys begin to circle their prey. "Hey. Guess who has art or some poo poo and isn't going anywhere for a few hours?" 7Hint. Its you.
<Ferrinus> "What? Why?"
<brennon> 7Thor looks at the fool who dared to address him. "Why? Does it look like I give a gently caress?"
<Ferrinus> 12The driver starts immediately dialing for help-
<brennon> 7Theres an answer on the other side of phone..! "Yes, this is the Police."
<Ferrinus> "Listen to me, I'm on route such and such, just past highway so and so, a goddamn biker gang just-"
<brennon> 7The Police Officer Clears His Throat. "Hmm. Sorry it looks like we don't give a gently caress. Peace."

Ferrinus fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Oct 9, 2009

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
the needs of the many...

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
mage game owns thats all i can think of to say about it

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

thor loving owns

also i guess we've moved on to an occasional-vignette style of play for the foreseeable future or what

if so i want to maybe do one with matryoshka

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

remember mage? i do too friends.

Dammit Who?
Aug 30, 2002

Male. Bi. Unix. posted:

remember mage? i do too friends.

nope. what thread is this. who are you

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i realize this is a little sudden but i could actually run that consilium thing tonight if enough of you show up

no pressure

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Ferrinus posted:

i realize this is a little sudden but i could actually run that consilium thing tonight if enough of you show up

no pressure

i have an assignment due tomorrow so i can't do tonight and will be unavailable tomorrow night what with physics tutoring, my dead grandfather's viewing, and genetics homework

(one of those i probably shouldn't miss, guess which)

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Nicolae Carpathia posted:

(one of those i probably shouldn't miss, guess which)

mage

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Ferrinus posted:

mage

ding ding ding

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i wonder, actually - how is thursday, around like 9:30 or 10:00 est

Nicolae Carpathia
Nov 7, 2004

Ferrinus posted:

i wonder, actually - how is thursday, around like 9:30 or 10:00 est

thursday's great i don't think i have anything due friday and hopefully nobody else i love dies suddenly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i can at least promise you that no one who loves you will die suddenly