Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Urban Renewal
Sep 23, 2008

by T. Finn
just wanted to point out that I saw that mistake when he first made it and I didn't say anything because I have a big heart

reach for the stars blendy

also we were lookin at pix of cervixes weeping various fluids last night in ITGO, this is another endorsement for why everyone should go to ITGO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

h_double
Jul 27, 2001
How do I get access to ITGO? (I'm hdouble on KGS)

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

She thinks I'm a haughty!

Urban Renewal posted:

also we were lookin at pix of cervixes weeping various fluids last night in ITGO, this is another endorsement for why everyone should go to ITGO

holy crud, i missed that!?

Urban Renewal
Sep 23, 2008

by T. Finn

h_double posted:

Go into the SA social room and ask

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

I hoped it would correct itself but it has not

that chibi1 human being who buzzes around my go club and pretty much only plays my sketchy friend also says 'tetsuji' for some loving reason. I got there early last week and he was the only one there so he showed me his Big Go Book where he copies down like everything that ever passes through his mind about go and he asked me a bunch of dumb questions. He has been playing for like two years and he is about where I was after six weeks.

tetsuji

superdylan
Oct 13, 2005
not 100% stupid
Black to kill

cerror
Feb 11, 2008

I have a bad feeling about this...

superdylan posted:

Black to kill

I'd go E-15 but I'm a newb so I could be wrong.

cerror fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Sep 29, 2009

cerror
Feb 11, 2008

I need to stop getting drunk in the evening and play more go instead. Cervixes ahoy!

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

superdylan posted:

Black to kill

b19 I'm pretty sure.

comaerror you might want to use spoiler blocking...

cerror
Feb 11, 2008

Blendy posted:

comaerror you might want to use spoiler blocking...

fixed

Prodigious
May 6, 2007
On an epic quest to find spiky rocks to upgrade my club

superdylan posted:

Black to kill

E16 E15 F16 D16 F16 E16 H15 G15 B19 C19 A18 (only one variation)

he am dead :-)

Prodigious fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Sep 29, 2009

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
It took me more work than it should have (possibly because I haven't played Go in like 2.5 weeks), but I'm pretty sure it's H15.
Edit: And probably got it wrong; oh well.

superdylan
Oct 13, 2005
not 100% stupid
this is how Cho U says gently caress YO COUCH

Black to kill

sensual donkey punching
Mar 13, 2004

=)
Nap Ghost

h_double posted:

ive added u, u can just join directly

h_double
Jul 27, 2001
Yes, somebody added me last night, thanks for the help!

Pillow Face
Jun 22, 2004

Spreading the Nite Crew cancer one volunteer shift at a time.

superdylan posted:

this is how Cho U says gently caress YO COUCH

Black to kill

My heart says H7 but my gut says resign.

Senor P.
Mar 27, 2006
I MUST TELL YOU HOW PEOPLE CARE ABOUT STUFF I DONT AND BE A COMPLETE CUNT ABOUT IT
hmmm Black: G8, white does poo poo, Black H8 if white takes H8, then H7...maybe..blech but H8 and E8 seem pretty important for white I should probably draw it out. Also if white wants to live and it is it's turn, e5 looks like it could grab some more territory. So maybe black should attack there too.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

I don't think white can do much of anything after H7 the snapback threat at G6 seals the deal

Urban Renewal
Sep 23, 2008

by T. Finn
KGS is down *paces, chain smokes*

Mez
Jun 23, 2008
I hate this school poo poo. I am missing out on so much Go and ITGO fun :( I MISS YOU GUYS

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

FYI Yutopian has a 'damaged' books sale going on: https://www.yutopian.com/yutop/cat?product=PAK00&category=PAE

Some people reported that there are slight creases in the covers, no big deal.

Anyway good prices, but some are already sold out. I tried to get Chinese opening, and Get strong at Opening and both were sold out. So I got copies of Get strong at Tesuji and Elementary series Life and Death (now if I get Endgame I have the whole set :v: ).

sensual donkey punching
Mar 13, 2004

=)
Nap Ghost
wish i had money, but my broke rear end gotta study what i already got

Pillow Face
Jun 22, 2004

Philly goons (qxan and Scatter I think?) how are your schedules looking for an after work go happy hour these next couple of weeks?

whatPanache
Mar 7, 2008

Pillow Face posted:

Philly goons (qxan and Scatter I think?) how are your schedules looking for an after work go happy hour these next couple of weeks?

I am at school in Boston until Christmas. College and all. Sorry, pillow. :(

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
I'm generally free any night except for Tuesdays. I can also be found on the weekends although Saturday is probably out until college football is over.

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

Mez I'm going to have to bake your Go bread tomorrow. Sorry it took so long, I had an interview to prepare for yesterday and I was planning to make the bread today. However, the person I'm going to the interview with doesn't plan to let me go home before class tonight.

In other go news: I still suck at killing invasions.

Edit: Mez, your pita is done. It's cooling and I will have to ship it tomorrow morning. Your pita came out great. All of them bubbled (means there is a nice pocket inside!). I'll update you the shipping.

Blendy fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Oct 9, 2009

Prodigious
May 6, 2007
On an epic quest to find spiky rocks to upgrade my club
i won against breakfast, party at my house

Pillow Face
Jun 22, 2004

qxan posted:

I am at school in Boston until Christmas. College and all. Sorry, pillow. :(

aww poo :(

Lyon posted:

I'm generally free any night except for Tuesdays. I can also be found on the weekends although Saturday is probably out until college football is over.

Do you know of any places we could go that have some lower non-dan ranked players as well? Preferably not a club that Jon goes to, I guess, because that would be all kinds of awkward.

Mez
Jun 23, 2008

Blendy posted:

Mez I'm going to have to bake your Go bread tomorrow. Sorry it took so long, I had an interview to prepare for yesterday and I was planning to make the bread today. However, the person I'm going to the interview with doesn't plan to let me go home before class tonight.

In other go news: I still suck at killing invasions.

Edit: Mez, your pita is done. It's cooling and I will have to ship it tomorrow morning. Your pita came out great. All of them bubbled (means there is a nice pocket inside!). I'll update you the shipping.

I still await its arrival :( I crave pita

whatPanache
Mar 7, 2008

Prodigious posted:

i won against breakfast, party at my house

Did you talk poo poo at him? Move to America and become a 3p.

h_double
Jul 27, 2001
New update for SmartGo Pro (for iPhone) just got released.

I don't know whether you all have seen this, but if you have an iPhone or iPod touch it's definitely worth checking out. The AI is halfway decent, especially on smaller boards (supposedly it plays at something close to dan level on a 9x9 board at the highest level), but on top of that there's 2000+ interactive go problems and a library of 12000+ pro games and you can use it to record your own games. $13 is sort of a lot for an iPhone app but I love this thing, it's great being able to do a couple of go problems while waiting for the train or whatever. The new version also adds a go tutorial which seems to be a nice (and interactive) intro to the game, might be good to hand to somebody if they express interest in the game.

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

Mez posted:

I still await its arrival :( I crave pita

What!? No way. Check the mail order I sent you to make sure I got the address right. You might also want to check with the closest USPS to see if they are holding it.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
The place in Cheltenham might be our best bet. I don't know of any real clubs other than that one that we can meet at randomly. I'm sure we could find something but it's a pretty cool place and they're nice, just strong.

Mez
Jun 23, 2008

Blendy posted:

What!? No way. Check the mail order I sent you to make sure I got the address right. You might also want to check with the closest USPS to see if they are holding it.

It arrived 5 minutes ago. Hello breakfast! :smug:

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

Mez posted:

It arrived 5 minutes ago. Hello breakfast! :smug:

Finally but I'm still pissed off by this.

Mez
Jun 23, 2008

Blendy posted:

Finally but I'm still pissed off by this.

dong mada, i got mah foods. DELICIOUS MIGHT I ADD. spank you very much <3

Urban Renewal
Sep 23, 2008

by T. Finn
ITGO: The Number One Place for Playing Go and Trading Food with Goons

Emo Rodeo
Dec 28, 2006

This is one mystic quest
Hels, come play some go

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005