Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

StonedogJones posted:

my Strom

You don't happen to be in Texas do you? I've seen one or two storms with that shark mouth graphic on it in the same color around here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StonedogJones
Mar 13, 2006

blugu64 posted:

You don't happen to be in Texas do you? I've seen one or two storms with that shark mouth graphic on it in the same color around here.

i'm in Austin. i havent seen another like it in town but im sure there are some around.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

StonedogJones posted:

i'm in Austin. i havent seen another like it in town but im sure there are some around.

if you post on twtex.com then that's probably where I've seen it then. Nice bike.

saladin
Jan 31, 2009

Hey pussy
I just bought my first 'proper' bike. I've been bumming around on a Honda CLR125 ever since I passed my test, but now I've gotten my mitts on a beautiful Bandit 650, 2006 model, only 6.5k miles on the clock.

Click here for the full 1536x1152 image.

Click here for the full 1152x1536 image.

Click here for the full 1536x1152 image.

I'm hideously excited by the thing - after my two cylinder scrap pile, riding a four cylinder beauty of a bike is sheer joy. Below is a shot of me on the old bike, which I will still be keeping on the road to ride in the wet and for the daily commute. To be fair to it, it did me well and kept going in all conditions, regardless of taking a slide or two down a couple of slippy Scottish roads.

Click here for the full 1744x1308 image.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

A doctor followed ME home today.

Click here for the full 1944x1458 image.

Click here for the full 1944x1458 image.

First orders of business: get rid of the awful graphics and rear fender. It's definitely a VERY different bike than the SV. Even the low-end didn't seem much better, but it feels a lot lighter, and just feels more confidence-inspiring, if that makes any sense. The riding position is also a bit more comfortable since I can sit way back in the seat.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
I'm taking an motorcycle mechanics class, and they allow you to bring in your motorcycle as your project bike for the semester. Here's mine all taken apart:

Before:

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

Now:

Click here for the full 2048x1536 image.

Click here for the full 1536x2048 image.

Click here for the full 2048x1536 image.

Click here for the full 1536x2048 image.

Git Mah Belt Son
Apr 26, 2003

Happy Happy Gators
So excited I get to finally post in this thread. 1980 Kawasaki KZ550 LTD.

It isn't much to look at but it runs beautifully and I got it for free from my brother who upgraded. I took it for my first ride around the neighborhood and it was fantastic. I smiled like an idiot the whole entire way.

A little rust here and there but nothing terrible. The seat is actually the newest piece on it.

To some it may be a piece of crap but at least it is MY piece of crap.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
Haha, that seat is like a giant middle finger to everyone behind you.

cheesebot
Jul 21, 2002

I cheesebot
Holy poo poo, that seat.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

It's awesome.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That thing is hilarious.

Git Mah Belt Son
Apr 26, 2003

Happy Happy Gators
Okay okay fine, maybe I'll try find another seat somewhere. It's the one that came with the bike when my brother got it earlier this year...the previous owner was a doctor. Apparently he has odd taste. I'll see how it goes attempting to find a different seat. :)

Git Mah Belt Son fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Sep 27, 2009

spandexcajun
Feb 28, 2005

Suck the head for a little extra cajun flavor
Fallen Rib

Dracon Wolf posted:

Okay okay fine, maybe I'll try find another seat somewhere.

You drat well will not. :colbert:

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Dracon Wolf posted:

I'll see how it goes attempting to find a different seat. :)

Only if it's bigger.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

spandexcajun posted:

You drat well will not. :colbert:
He can, but only if he does this: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/dd/ZweiRadMuseumNSU_EasyRider2.JPG

UserNotFound
May 7, 2006
???

cheesebot posted:

Holy poo poo, that seat.

The solution for that seat is to find a permanent pillion.

Or a giant stuffed animal for a riding buddy.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
Back in the late seventies you would be king of all the bikers having such a gigantic, finely upholstered sissy bar.

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
This rolled off a flat-bed tow-trailer and into my premises and my gleeful hands.

2002 Ninjette, with 12,600 miles

It's a different beast from my Ninja 500, and it'll be fun switching between both. I love the poo poo out of the color, especially the wheels.

sklnd
Nov 26, 2007

NOT A TRACTOR
Those wheels are pretty great, and it looks like its in good shape. Its missing the corner scuff that every single other ninjette I've ever seen has.

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
Yeah, I'm happy with it. The only things awry are a couple tiny dents here and there, a blown bulb behind the speedometer gauge, and some rust on the brake discs.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

I was pretty excited to post in here until I read all 46 pages and saw how completely outclassed I was. Nonetheless...

My first bike was an '06 VT750DC. That was a great bike. I wish I hadn't had to give it up.

On the plus-side, I gave it up for the most beautiful girl I had ever laid eyes on: a 2006 Concours. I'm a little surprised that I'm the first to post one here. I got her in January with 4500 miles. I doubled the milage just south of Missoula, and had >13,000 by the end of the trip.

Here she is posing on the west side of the Bighorn mountains. Her little friend is a '93 Ninja 500 who had a pretty rough life before the trip to Wyoming, but rose to the occasion. Not pictured is a herd of cattle to our left.

In case there's any doubt, the helmet on my seat is an extra for the people we were meeting out there. I was wearing mine.

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004

Dracon Wolf posted:

Okay okay fine, maybe I'll try find another seat somewhere. It's the one that came with the bike when my brother got it earlier this year...the previous owner was a doctor. Apparently he has odd taste. I'll see how it goes attempting to find a different seat. :)

Keep the seat and get a fuckoff huge bosozoku fairing to go with it:

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

I apologize for the picture (camera phone, Ill try to get better ones later), but in the mean time here is my 1985 BMW K100:

I bought this in late July from the original owner. Only had 19,000 miles on it too.

EndofGoogle
Nov 22, 2004
page 20 of 100
My 1st bike, 83 650 Nighthawk.

Not bad for "free" from a family friend till I settle down on jobs and buy my own bike.

cypha
Aug 26, 2004
me?
My commuter and fun ride. It's a 2008 Yamaha XT 660 X, the supermoto version of the "R". My only modification was the removal of all red stickers, and i really dig the all white look.

Heard that it's not being sold in the US... you guys are missing out on a massivly vibrating one-cylinder direct injection engine with 660ccm, enormous torque in the low revs and really nice brakes.

It's no horsepower/weight monster like all the ktms out there, but a very flexible bike. driving in and around town is great fun, and no car and most bikes can not follow you in traffic. the high mirrors and handlebars allow me to pass between lanes in front of traffic lights where lower bikes can not go.

My sole issue is the lack of availability of a windshield for longer trips. 120km/h and more get *very* windy...

Konrad
Jul 17, 2002

Every stop I get to I'm clocking that game
My SV650:

Click here for the full 1200x1600 image.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Favorite picture of my DR right here;

It handles the dirt pretty well.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern

Bad rear end. That is my favorite SV.

Sheik Yerbouti
Apr 14, 2009

You can't always write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say, so sometimes you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whipped cream.
So I caved in and listened to the advice you guys gave me in the "Tell me what bike to buy!" thread and got this:

It's a '97 BMW R1100 R and, having just ridden it home on the Autobahn for 400 kilometers, I dare say it's awesome. :v:

Sheik Yerbouti fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Oct 3, 2009

Chill_Bebop
Jun 20, 2007

Waffle SS

abigserve posted:

Favorite picture of my DR right here;

It handles the dirt pretty well.

DR650? I have a 350 and I've really been loving it on trail duty.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Sheik Yerbouti posted:

So I caved in and listened to the advice you guys gave me in the "Tell me what bike to buy!" thread and got this:

It's a '97 BMW R1100 R and, having just ridden it home on the Autobahn for 400 kilometers, I dare say it's awesome. :v:

I've not ridden it at all, and I dare say I agree.

the letter b
Apr 21, 2003
...no more disruptive than Insight.

Endless Mike posted:

First orders of business: get rid of the awful graphics and rear fender. It's definitely a VERY different bike than the SV. Even the low-end didn't seem much better, but it feels a lot lighter, and just feels more confidence-inspiring, if that makes any sense. The riding position is also a bit more comfortable since I can sit way back in the seat.

Good work. It's a looker when the fender is gone, did the same thing on day one of owning mine.

I've also got some replacement graphics on the way, but now I'm thinking about getting a larger tank the graphics up front won't be the right size.

Enjoy the tickets!

the letter b fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Oct 4, 2009

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Sheik Yerbouti posted:

That looks really cool, I love the color.

Mr. DNA
Aug 9, 2004

Megatronics?
Here's a picture I took of my bike on Saturday.

I spent about an hour trying to get it out and took a break to catch my breath and snapped a photo. Apparently somebody got stuck in that puddle and tore it to poo poo because the last time I went through it wasn't more than 6" deep and had a hard bottom. My front tire was buried to the hub in thick, sticky mud. I ended up needing the help of an ATV rider with a winch to get out and I dropped the bike flat into the puddle while he was helping me. Once it was out it started with no problem.

A few kilometers down the trail I slipped in an ATV rut and went down. My right leg was turned 180 degrees but luckily nothing broke. I'll be limping for a few weeks, though. I really had no business on that trail with the tires I have and my lack of experience.

The only damage to the bike was a broken turn signal cover.

sw0cb
Feb 18, 2007
Here's my Ninja 500. Came equipped with a loud as gently caress 2 into 1 exhaust that I actually really like. It really is a great starter bike, just enough power to get me into trouble but not enough that I'm dead before I wise up. Does anyone know where to get new front turn signals or a way to fix stock ones? The boots on mine are ripped and both of my signals now hang down in a very retarded fasion.

Click here for the full 1900x1169 image.

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
Try hunting around in the FS section on ex-500.com's forum. Nice exhaust, I wish I had louder than the stock pipes I have (I'm deaf, goddamit, give me more!)

sw0cb
Feb 18, 2007

the walkin dude posted:

Try hunting around in the FS section on ex-500.com's forum. Nice exhaust, I wish I had louder than the stock pipes I have (I'm deaf, goddamit, give me more!)

It is a nice exhaust, but its definitely an acquired taste, my girlfriend, who normally loves loud vehicles, hates the sound it makes. I think it just sounds like a happy v-twin.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Mr. DNA posted:

Here's a picture I took of my bike on Saturday.

This is simply the most awesome picture of a GS I've seen.

Well done!

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
scrawl 'Das Boot' on the side of that in grey paint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Someone
Aug 20, 2007
Hmmm
First and so far only picture of the two of us on bikes. Wasn't expecting the shot, the photographer was just so happy at seeing us turn up she demanded a picture there and then. It was my friend's first actual road trip, albeit only 100 miles on mostly dual carrigeways and motorways.

I'm the one all in black and who looks like he's missing an arm below the elbow. I'm actually giving a thumbs up.

Both 1993 Honda CB400 Super Fours.