Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

greatmagnus posted:

What is a good site for reading this? I typically use Onemanga but it isn't on there D:

It's licensed. You buy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatmagnus
May 5, 2009

I have a dragon. Your argument is invalid.

Zorak posted:

It's licensed. You buy it.

Eh, that sucks. I liked it when I was reading though, so I will probably fork the cash.

Cronus
Mar 9, 2003

Hello beautiful.
This...is gonna get gross.
It's the only manga I follow pretty heavily, and I really recommend picking it up. The translations are well done and light years ahead of scanlations back before DH picked it up. DH will be caught up by the end of next year to the latest releases though so the books will come at a snail's pace then (unless Miura really picks it up starting with the Falconia chapter).

varo
Jan 2, 2009

That's really too bad as Berserk is, at best, flawed (and at worst Go Nagai's A Song Of Issues With Women) and hardly the only thing you should be reading if you have any love for the medium at all (imho)

RipVTide
Jul 28, 2002

Run you jerk with an EYE FOR QUALITY you! Run!
Nap Ghost

varo posted:

That's really too bad as Berserk is, at best, flawed (and at worst Go Nagai's A Song Of Issues With Women) and hardly the only thing you should be reading if you have any love for the medium at all (imho)

Request for next thread title: Berserk - At best, flawed (imho)

hog wizard
Feb 16, 2005

by angerbeet
Only flaw about Berserk is that it's released every one millennia.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:
Just read the latest chapter and I'm a bit disappointed like the last few chapters. yay a castle.... Anyway, it looks like the next few chapters will be awesome and moving in the right direction with guts getting some new chapter love.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Well they immediately ruled out That this city was Gaiseric's (The Skull Knight) capital city... or that it is and it's been modified and improved through magical means.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

YouTuber posted:

Well they immediately ruled out That this city was Gaiseric's (The Skull Knight) capital city... or that it is and it's been modified and improved through magical means.

That's one of the things I'd really like to see fleshed out - the whole implied backstory of the two Towers, the origins of the four pre-Femto Godhand, and what it all has to do with Gatts and crew.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I swear Zodd's horn grows bigger every time it is drawn. It's getting out of control.

varo
Jan 2, 2009

That actually read a lot better than the preview.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

That's one of the things I'd really like to see fleshed out - the whole implied backstory of the two Towers, the origins of the four pre-Femto Godhand, and what it all has to do with Gatts and crew.

We're still in the dark as to how Void himself was created as a Godhand and how there was four/five angels who crushed Gaiseric's capital. Something is awry with their back story and it needs to be fleshed out. Hopefully we'll get a long exposition on the Elf Island. Unless of course The Skull Knight just died when Femto changed the world.

I've always attributed this character to be Slan before becoming a godhand. She had to be brought up for a reason.

Click here for the full 767x848 image.

Godhand members tend to be a mockery of themselves. Slan who is a sadomasochist would be a complete opposite of a nun who helps people on deaths doorstep.

lyricaldanichan
Jan 23, 2004

My Boredom Has Outshined The Sun
Miura needs to stop getting distracted.

do not link that site

Thank god the next chapter comes out next week! Now if there was update for Gantz, I would be so happy!

Somebody fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Sep 28, 2009

Gaylor Moon
Apr 6, 2005

Gender? I hardly know'er

lyricaldanichan posted:

Miura needs to stop getting distracted.

do not link that site

Thank god the next chapter comes out next week! Now if there was update for Gantz, I would be so happy!

Honestly can't we just start sending him death threats?

Somebody fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Sep 28, 2009

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

lyricaldanichan posted:

What chapter is Gantz up to? I haven't read that in a few years and I'm pretty sure the manga thread evaporated many months ago.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
303, with the next arc starting in October.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Schubalts posted:

303, with the next arc starting in October.

Looking at some old dates, I haven't read since 246 in March of 2007 when they met up with the drug addicted, psychotic other group that wasn't explained yet.

Good to know it didn't completely stop in the mean time.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

We're still in the dark as to how Void himself was created as a Godhand and how there was four/five angels who crushed Gaiseric's capital. Something is awry with their back story and it needs to be fleshed out. Hopefully we'll get a long exposition on the Elf Island. Unless of course The Skull Knight just died when Femto changed the world.

I've always attributed this character to be Slan before becoming a godhand. She had to be brought up for a reason.

I can't remember any of this stuff you guys talk about :( there's so much stuff, Jesus.

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

YouTuber posted:

We're still in the dark as to how Void himself was created as a Godhand and how there was four/five angels who crushed Gaiseric's capital.

Well there was the story of why the tower of Albion was built, about a monk was walled up there as punishment for going against Gaiseric and worshipping "A white hawk" for deliverance.

Mozgus mentions it the Albion chapter but I can't find the exact panel.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Blockade posted:

Well there was the story of why the tower of Albion was built, about a monk was walled up there as punishment for going against Gaiseric and worshipping "A white hawk" for deliverance.

Mozgus mentions it the Albion chapter but I can't find the exact panel.

I'm aware of that fact. But who was he received by? When Griffith activated his behelit he was greeted by the entire godhand. But as far as we're privy to at this point, Void was the first Godhand/Apostle.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Perhaps that god thing in the chapter removed from the volume releases?

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

YouTuber posted:

I'm aware of that fact. But who was he received by? When Griffith activated his behelit he was greeted by the entire godhand. But as far as we're privy to at this point, Void was the first Godhand/Apostle.

I'd like to think that there were 4/5 "angels" that visited Void and he became a member of the Godhand after either sacrificing Gaiseric's kingdom with Gaiseric becoming pissed off Skull Knight we all love and killing the other God Hand's one by one and they replenish their ranks every 100 years.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
TWO.
PAGE.
SPREEEEAAAAAADS!

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
What is this Gaiseric place? I thought I was all caught up on everything, but I don't remember anyone talking about Gaiseric.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Maxwell Adams posted:

What is this Gaiseric place? I thought I was all caught up on everything, but I don't remember anyone talking about Gaiseric.

The Midland Nobles immediately believed the new capital to be Gaiseric's original capital before deciding that it's impossibly large. Either it is Gaiseric's and has been augmented or it's was just designed to resemble Greco-Roman architecture by chance.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Maxwell Adams posted:

Gaiseric is the ancient kingdom that exists where modern day Midland and all them other places are. The one that was ruled over by the guy who later became the Skull Knight

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

I have no idea if there's some sort of turnover in their ranks, but it makes sense for there to be five members considering how god is an anthropomorphic creature.

Maxwell Adams posted:

It's where Skull Knight and Void came from, it was an old empire that ended about 1000 years in the past. I think they talked about it a bit when they went to where Griffith was imprisoned, if you read between the lines it mentions how Void ascended after sacrificing the king (skull knight) and his kingdom. The story is twisted in that Void (described as an imprisoned wise man) was supposed to be the good guy while skull knight was some sort of conqueror who went around killing people, the godhand at that time picked up Void ("rescued him") but the guy telling the story mentioned at one time four "angels" while another time it was five.

Obviously it had to have been four if there was an open position for Void, but it's also pretty obvious that there's supposed to be five members, so people are discussing how that could be given what we know about the godhand.

Cronus
Mar 9, 2003

Hello beautiful.
Gaiseric is the name of the emperor himself, not the land he ruled over, to my recollection.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Algid posted:

It's where Skull Knight and Void came from, it was an old empire that ended about 1000 years in the past. I think they talked about it a bit when they went to where Griffith was imprisoned, if you read between the lines it mentions how Void ascended after sacrificing the king (skull knight) and his kingdom. The story is twisted in that Void (described as an imprisoned wise man) was supposed to be the good guy while skull knight was some sort of conqueror who went around killing people, the godhand at that time picked up Void ("rescued him") but the guy telling the story mentioned at one time four "angels" while another time it was five.

Obviously it had to have been four if there was an open position for Void, but it's also pretty obvious that there's supposed to be five members, so people are discussing how that could be given what we know about the godhand.

You cannot sacrifice an enemy. Void wouldn't have been able to put a brand on Gaiseric. Perhaps he was apart of the ceremony similar to Guts when The Count activated his behelit and used the armor until he bled to death. After the entire inhabitants of the city were dead from the brand someone destroyed the capital, the ceremony only has a tornado overtop of the area, not widespread destruction. Whether it was someone like Flora using the 4 cardinal point angels or the godhand is debatable since even Judo and Charlotte weren't sure of the amount of "angels" involved.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

YouTuber posted:

You cannot sacrifice an enemy. Void wouldn't have been able to put a brand on Gaiseric. Perhaps he was apart of the ceremony similar to Guts when The Count activated his behelit and used the armor until he bled to death. After the entire inhabitants of the city were dead from the brand someone destroyed the capital, the ceremony only has a tornado overtop of the area, not widespread destruction. Whether it was someone like Flora using the 4 cardinal point angels or the godhand is debatable since even Judo and Charlotte weren't sure of the amount of "angels" involved.
I don't see something like "being an enemy" precluding someone from being a sacrifice, a sacrifice just has to be something that the person making the sacrifice places value in, like that egg guy "sacrificing" the world. The count couldn't sacrifice Guts cause he's just some guy with a giant sword trying to kill him. Skull Knight and Void presumably had some sort of relationship other than "king puts some guy in prison".

Cronus
Mar 9, 2003

Hello beautiful.

Algid posted:

I don't see something like "being an enemy" precluding someone from being a sacrifice, a sacrifice just has to be something that the person making the sacrifice places value in, like that egg guy "sacrificing" the world. The count couldn't sacrifice Guts cause he's just some guy with a giant sword trying to kill him. Skull Knight and Void presumably had some sort of relationship other than "king puts some guy in prison".

Sacrifices have to be people that the person has/have a strong attachment to. Guts is excluded now simply because he has already been branded (the GH say as much to the count).

themindisonfire
Feb 23, 2009
What is with the artist's phobia of drawing dongs? Bodies sliced in half is a-ok but a full nude is no-no?

Reminds me of the guy in art class who wouldn't draw the privates when the nudes come in.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

themindisonfire posted:

What is with the artist's phobia of drawing dongs? Bodies sliced in half is a-ok but a full nude is no-no?

Reminds me of the guy in art class who wouldn't draw the privates when the nudes come in.

:ssh: There are censorship laws in Japan that prevent any sort of genitalia to be shown without heavy mosaics

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:

Zorak posted:

:ssh: There are censorship laws in Japan that prevent any sort of genitalia to be shown without heavy mosaics

Though I'm pretty sure I've seen some genitalia in Berserk here and there.

vv
I'm pretty sure I saw a penis on a dead corpse somewhere in volume 2... Use the click to look inside button and it's there in the first few pages in.
http://www.amazon.com/Berserk-Vol-2-Kentaro-Miura/dp/1593070217/ref=pd_bxgy_b_text_b

GoldenNugget fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Oct 6, 2009

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

GoldenNugget posted:

Though I'm pretty sure I've seen some genitalia in Berserk here and there.

Breasts don't count, nor do pubic regions or vague impressions/ implications of certain genitalia.

There has never been a full on uncensored vagina or penis, no.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Zorak posted:

Breasts don't count, nor do pubic regions or vague impressions/ implications of certain genitalia.

There has never been a full on uncensored vagina or penis, no.

Which is probably a good thing. Who need two page spreads of that?

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

DamnGlitch posted:

Are you saying that a 2-page spread of a demon's vagina with claws, hooks, teeth and eyes, drawn by Miura is a bad thing? Sure a few children somewhere in the world will see it and go into permanent shock; but a bad thing? I think not.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Andrigaar posted:

Are you saying that a 2-page spread of a demon's vagina with claws, hooks, teeth and eyes, drawn by Miura is a bad thing? Sure a few children somewhere in the world will see it and go into permanent shock; but a bad thing? I think not.

It's bad because he'd spend three months drawing it.

His Griffith fetish is bad enough.

themindisonfire
Feb 23, 2009

Andrigaar posted:

They gotta learn sometime.

Sure, it will make them have an irrational fear of vaginas for the rest of their lives, but who cares?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

DamnGlitch posted:

Me.