Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

A5H posted:

Anyone like the kidcrash?
Listened to that new runier as well, it's alright.

The Goldie Hawn EP is the best. Love me some Kidcrash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!

RunTo TheHills posted:

Oh my god, Gather is doing a reunion show? WANT.

Yeah, for the last 7Gen show Oct 24. I mentioned it in here a 6-8 weeks ago or so when it was announced. Still trying to figure out if I can make it. I just don't know anyone in SD and that show is going to be awkward as gently caress thanks to a pretty bad break up.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

rivals posted:

Yeah, for the last 7Gen show Oct 24. I mentioned it in here a 6-8 weeks ago or so when it was announced. Still trying to figure out if I can make it. I just don't know anyone in SD and that show is going to be awkward as gently caress thanks to a pretty bad break up.

Fuuuuck, that's the day before my fall break ends, and i'll be driving back up to portland. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

But as far as people, you can chill with triangulum or something.

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008

rivals posted:

a pretty bad break up.

did you gain 20 pounds?

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Haha no just a lot of people there I don't want to be around/everyone I know who's going is friends with her.

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008

rivals posted:

Haha no just a lot of people there I don't want to be around/everyone I know who's going is friends with her.

not a punknews.org reader, I take it...
bummer about the breakup, those kind of ordeals are always terrible.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

baberaham lincoln posted:

not a punknews.org reader, I take it...
bummer about the breakup, those kind of ordeals are always terrible.

don't feel bad, I got it :shobon:

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet
Anyone wanna tell me what happened or what "rivals" has to do with it? I really like that band

secondhand dog
Sep 10, 2009

Ugh, I just found out about the new Daitro album and haven't even listened to it, and it's probably already one of my favorites of the year.

I'm hopeless for French skramz

anticake
Nov 5, 2004

Biscuit Hider

x TOMMYBOY x posted:

Anyone wanna tell me what happened or what "rivals" has to do with it? I really like that band

Rivals broke up with a girl. Her entourage will be at the show. It has nothing to do with the band. I like that you continue to be an almost too perfect idiot, it's almost charming.

edit: I felt maybe I was being too mean so I reworded this.

anticake fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Sep 29, 2009

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

If you don't like swastikas then you DON'T DESERVE A TATTOO
I didnt think he was serious.

secondhand dog
Sep 10, 2009

Missed this post.

A5H posted:

Anyone like the kidcrash?

Loved Jokes, and I like what I've heard from Snacks, but I want to hold off on more concentrated listening until I get a better copy.

x TOMMYBOY x
Jan 15, 2008

by angerbeet
I was just asking, I misunderstood. Chill out.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Lightin' the gerfatty signal

So you know how the Steinways broke up this winter and played their last show at Insub this year? And Grath and Ace and Mikey fuckin' Erg and some friend of theirs on bass started a band called House Boat that's essentially Steinways turned to 11?

Apparently we're close to their first LP release because I may or may not have be listening to The Delaware Octopus right now

And it is so loving good

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
What's so wrong with being a punk rock faggot hippy, anyway?
Mikey Erg should be in every band.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL
So guys, new Nothington? Yeahhhhhhhhh.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

gerfatty posted:

Mikey Erg should be in every band.

I have it from a reliable source that this drops mid november

e: This is seriously like Gorilla Marketing on crack

e2: And comes complete with a "___market ______" track

e3: pretty sure their new bassist is the friend who sang Good Morning Sunshine on the Insub 2007 record, which is kinda cool but no Michelle makes me sad (in my pants (she was super cute and made me wanna write pop punk songs))

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Oct 8, 2009

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I couldn't find anywhere better:

I went to Houston just to see Sunny Day Real Estate last night and came back tonight. They were awesome! They played 3 out of my 5 favorite songs (Seven, In Circles and 48), but no material from "The Rising Tide" (I don't know the goon opinion on this album because this is my first time posting in this thread, but it's a personal favorite of mine). They also played a new song, which was pretty decent but nothing special. I'm guessing that means they're writing material for a new release, but who knows.

Anyway, I'm really glad I got to see them on their reunion tour. If you get a chance to see them, take it!

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Oct 8, 2009

luckdragon
Dec 5, 2008
so uuuh....Axe To Fall is amazing.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I couldn't find anywhere better:

I went to Houston just to see Sunny Day Real Estate last night and came back tonight. They were awesome! They played 3 out of my 5 favorite songs (Seven, In Circles and 48), but no material from "The Rising Tide" (I don't know the goon opinion on this album because this is my first time posting in this thread, but it's a personal favorite of mine). They also played a new song, which was pretty decent but nothing special. I'm guessing that means they're writing material for a new release, but who knows.

Anyway, I'm really glad I got to see them on their reunion tour. If you get a chance to see them, take it!

My fiance saw them last week up in Boston and she said they were excellent. She recommends seeing them as well.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Ben Weasel talks with Chicago Beat

Talks about the scene back when they were coming up, and about the future of Screeching Weasel, and CB is going to have a review of Weasel's first Chicago show since 2004 on Monday

Warning: Ben hates everyone and nine out of ten people in this thread who read it will probably bitch about him bitching about whatever

e: He also calls Jughead an rear end in a top hat without using the words "rear end in a top hat" or "John Pierson/Jughead"

e2: no wait he refers to him by name later but at first it's just "a dispute with THE ONE PERSON" and "this person wanted me to sign a paper saying that I would play as Screeching Weasel without them"

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Oct 9, 2009

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Copyrights are playing in Durham on the 27th, and the next night may or may not be Dopamines with Cloak/Dagger

Reallllly hopin' I can make that Copyrights show

e: The fuckin' Queers are playing 11/29 at local 506, oh gently caress yeah

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Oct 10, 2009

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

New Systematic Death CD loving killzzzzzzz. Vinyl coming out on Feral Ward.

Also: NINE Lip Cream DVDs are getting released. First three come out this month!

ChaosNonMusica fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Oct 10, 2009

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

luckdragon posted:

so uuuh....Axe To Fall is amazing.

That first track is loving killer, I can't wait to see them at the end of the month.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Comadre at the radio station here in San Luis Obispo tomorrow night. Stoked.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Riot Fest was amazing.

secondhand dog
Sep 10, 2009

rivals posted:

Comadre at the radio station here in San Luis Obispo tomorrow night. Stoked.

That was a really good show (as to be expected from them), and I had no idea there were SLO goons.

You a KCPR DJ by any chance?

secondhand dog fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Oct 12, 2009

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Ferrule posted:

Riot Fest was amazing.

Didn't Weasel play

How was that?

Also Used Kids are breaking up post-Fest

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Holy poo poo, Dezerter is coming over from Poland for two shows (NY and Chicago). I'm loving there!

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Dickeye posted:

Didn't Weasel play

How was that?

Also Used Kids are breaking up post-Fest

Played last night. Was okay. Seen them before when they were SW and not just Ben and some other guys but still. Teenage Bottlerocket was amazing on Saturday.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.

ChaosNonMusica posted:

New Systematic Death CD loving killzzzzzzz. Vinyl coming out on Feral Ward.

Also: NINE Lip Cream DVDs are getting released. First three come out this month!

details? also will see dezerter in chicago, the polish punks here are insane

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

ManifoldCuriosity posted:

That was a really good show (as to be expected from them), and I had no idea there were SLO goons.

You a KCPR DJ by any chance?

Used to do New Noise but not really anymore. Also I was the "Shane" that they mentioned :shobon:

secondhand dog
Sep 10, 2009

Oh SICK. I actually just started doing New Noise with Miguel, Max, and Noah last spring and just came back to it this past Wednesday.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Ferrule posted:

Played last night. Was okay. Seen them before when they were SW and not just Ben and some other guys but still. Teenage Bottlerocket was amazing on Saturday.

Uh, Ben and some other guys that include Vapid. I mean all we're really missing is Mass, because I'm pretty sure he's not on speaking terms with Lumley and Jughead anymore

I dunno maybe that's just me though, I'm super gay for Vapid and Mass.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

ManifoldCuriosity posted:

Oh SICK. I actually just started doing New Noise with Miguel, Max, and Noah last spring and just came back to it this past Wednesday.

haha what the gently caress? Have we not met before? I used to do it like 2 years ago but moved to LA from dec - mar and haven't done it since like last summer.

secondhand dog
Sep 10, 2009

rivals posted:

haha what the gently caress? Have we not met before? I used to do it like 2 years ago but moved to LA from dec - mar and haven't done it since like last summer.

I don't think we have. I wasn't really into the whole SLO DIY scene (mostly just found out about music from Internet) thing until somewhat recently.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Dickeye posted:

Uh, Ben and some other guys that include Vapid. I mean all we're really missing is Mass, because I'm pretty sure he's not on speaking terms with Lumley and Jughead anymore

I dunno maybe that's just me though, I'm super gay for Vapid and Mass.

Mass? You are very young.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Ferrule posted:

Mass? You are very young.

I am so gay for Mass you don't even know

This is based on more than Weasel though, this is also based on Squirtgun. I love me some Squirtgun.

e: Common Rider too but not as much as Squirtgun

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Oct 13, 2009

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL
:siren::siren::siren: FROM ASHES RISE REUNION SHOW FEB 21ST 2010 :siren::siren::siren:

I am so loving excited about this this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

RunTo TheHills posted:

:siren::siren::siren: FROM ASHES RISE REUNION SHOW FEB 21ST 2010 :siren::siren::siren:

I am so loving excited about this this.

are they doing any sort of tour or is it just one show? i missed them the last time they were in phoenix and then they broke up :(