Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Directorman posted:

This could just be for the African Cup, but I'm really not a fan of Puma's kits for Cameroon and Ivory Coast at all

Not only is the shoulder cut-out stupid as hell, but the badge on the right shoulder? The crest should always be over the heart! :psyduck:

I like both of the away shirts a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

w00bi posted:

Is that an elephant in the shoulder image?

It's the elephant from the ivory coast badge.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

RedPaddy posted:

It's turning out to be quite hard to find a place selling a ROI away shirt, even online it's only available in a few places and there's no option for numbers or anything. I'm not sure I'd even be an M size since I'm a small guy and that's the lowest size available. Oh well, as long as its here by saturday to ensure my team's victory. (If they lose you will know that I didn't get it in time to wear while watching the match)

This might sound weird, but you'd probably get a Ryanair flight to Dublin for little more than the postage from an online shop :)

There's a Champion Sports in the airport too...

RedPaddy
Apr 24, 2008
Haha, you aren't wrong, £130 for a 3-day round ticket

That's pretty tempting

Edit: £34 by train + ferry D:

RedPaddy fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Oct 7, 2009

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

RedPaddy posted:

Haha, you aren't wrong, £130 for a 3-day round ticket

That's pretty tempting

Edit: £34 by train + ferry D:

If you book a bit in advance, you'll get it for nothing. Last time I went to London, it cost me £25 return!

RedPaddy
Apr 24, 2008
How expensive is Dublin central? Now I've got the idea of a weekend there in my head. There seem to be a lot of cheap hostels around, the most expensive part of the trip would be the shirt. How strict are the city centre pubs on match days? I know we've had days where the more central bars only sold tickets beforehand and were all round bastards about letting you in after K.O.

Though the idea of travelling to dublin and then being unable to see the game anywhere is a funny one, I'd rather it didn't happen to me

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
Why not get someone from here to post you one?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

RedPaddy posted:

How expensive is Dublin central? Now I've got the idea of a weekend there in my head. There seem to be a lot of cheap hostels around, the most expensive part of the trip would be the shirt. How strict are the city centre pubs on match days? I know we've had days where the more central bars only sold tickets beforehand and were all round bastards about letting you in after K.O.

Though the idea of travelling to dublin and then being unable to see the game anywhere is a funny one, I'd rather it didn't happen to me

I've never had trouble getting into a pub for a game, although I watch most at home. I've never heard of anyone having trouble either really. Maybe during the World Cup or something like that. Just get there early. If you are coming over, there are still tickets left for the game I think, but you'd have to buy tickets for the Montenegro game too.

As for cost, Dublin is quite expensive, but not too bad. Pints are around €5-5.50 in city centre I think.

RedPaddy
Apr 24, 2008
That would be a bit of an anti climax now wouldn't it

Edit: to luvd

RedPaddy fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Oct 7, 2009

RedPaddy
Apr 24, 2008

Mickolution posted:

I've never had trouble getting into a pub for a game, although I watch most at home. I've never heard of anyone having trouble either really. Maybe during the World Cup or something like that. Just get there early. If you are coming over, there are still tickets left for the game I think, but you'd have to buy tickets for the Montenegro game too.

As for cost, Dublin is quite expensive, but not too bad. Pints are around €5-5.50 in city centre I think.

Yeah I would've gone for a ticket but I checked and from the look of things they cost from 100 euro upwards and I'm not that impulsive.

I'll see if I can convince any of my non-irish friends. The POP (price of pint) sounds steep but I was thinking mainly of capital city syndrome where anything that could possibly be used by tourists/visitors (taxis, resturants) has massive price inflation.

Don't worry I won't stalk all you jackeen goons, just Craiglen

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.
Got my new valencia kit with David Villa on the back today.

:neckbeard:

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
Anyone know a good website I could get a Getafe kit from? I want the King.

Thurlow
Aug 14, 2005

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Anyone know a good website I could get a Getafe kit from? I want the King.

I just checked Getafe's official website and it's like something out of 1997. You can't even buy anything online, they give you a phone number to call if you want to order something.

Craiglen
Sep 2, 2006

RedPaddy posted:

It's turning out to be quite hard to find a place selling a ROI away shirt, even online it's only available in a few places and there's no option for numbers or anything. I'm not sure I'd even be an M size since I'm a small guy and that's the lowest size available. Oh well, as long as its here by saturday to ensure my team's victory. (If they lose you will know that I didn't get it in time to wear while watching the match)

Why an away one?

And pints are usually under 5 euro in a lot of pubs. Some pubs charge more on Saturday nights because they're cunts.

RedPaddy
Apr 24, 2008

Craiglen posted:

Why an away one?

And pints are usually under 5 euro in a lot of pubs. Some pubs charge more on Saturday nights because they're cunts.

White so I can wear it for my league team

The new one is pretty ugly though, horizontal lines spoil the whole thing

Skipper Klemens
Nov 11, 2004

wicka posted:

I like both of the away shirts a lot.

Me too. If they didn't have the cut-off, they would be really cool. Especially the yellow with the red stripes. But the cut-off ruins it a bit for me, though I'd like to see it in action.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

I take back what I said

Angola's is seriously amazing :swoon:

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
Beautiful kits.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Directorman posted:

I take back what I said

Angola's is seriously amazing :swoon:
:wtc: is that sticking out at the bottom of the jerseys.

w00bi
Dec 11, 2004

real_scud posted:

:wtc: is that sticking out at the bottom of the jerseys.

An excited invisible man.

identikit
Dec 24, 2005

I'll show you and your massive chebs the time of your lives you sexy fuck
What you guys never tuck your boners up like that?

I'm still trying to resist the temptation to get a Ankaragucu kit with Vassell on the back.

HANDS IN THE AIR!

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Boners aside, those are great shirts.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Manchester City have a Ricky Gervais character discussing making their kits. The differences he points out as visionary are pretty extraordinary: "The old kit had a sash that went this way, right, but I put some new innovative thinking to use, right, and I thought, well, what if the sash went... THAT way :mmmsmug:"

Sourpuss
Mar 18, 2007

Chomb Chomb Chomb

identikit posted:

What you guys never tuck your boners up like that?

I'm still trying to resist the temptation to get a Ankaragucu kit with Vassell on the back.

HANDS IN THE AIR!

Please tell me you have found somewhere that sells it.

Jollzwhin
Oct 13, 2004

Just like watching Brazil

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Manchester City have a Ricky Gervais character discussing making their kits. The differences he points out as visionary are pretty extraordinary: "The old kit had a sash that went this way, right, but I put some new innovative thinking to use, right, and I thought, well, what if the sash went... THAT way :mmmsmug:"

He really did manage to make designing some awesome kits sound incredibly boring. Despite that, good feature for Adebayor looking smug when he pulled on the different kits.

identikit
Dec 24, 2005

I'll show you and your massive chebs the time of your lives you sexy fuck

Sourpuss posted:

Please tell me you have found somewhere that sells it.

I've been searching everywhere for it. I'm pretty close to booking a holiday there at this rate.

starksfergie
Jul 24, 2007

I'm just content to relax and drown within myself
just for us that are Scots fans... don't know what they'll look like yet, but I don't remember ever seeing Scotland in Adidas... but here is some mildly interesting news (for some of us)...

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=902&newsID=5118

for the record, I didn't hate diadora, I thought some of the kits were pretty classy (and I own most of them), but I'm curious to see what they'll do with Scotland

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

was watching hilights of Sevilla-Stuttgart. Their away kit for the Champions League is great.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

MoPZiG posted:

was watching hilights of Sevilla-Stuttgart. Their away kit for the Champions League is great.

In this case does great mean ugliest kit ever?

DrakeD
Jul 9, 2008

Rats in the hallway again!

MoPZiG posted:

It looks awesome, except the yellow side. That thing is loving ugly.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Reminds me of Flamengo's kits.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Where might I be able to get a '07-'08 Liverpool jersey? I don't mind spending a bit more if quality worksmanship is there.

I like the collar.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

TyChan posted:

Where might I be able to get a '07-'08 Liverpool jersey? I don't mind spending a bit more if quality worksmanship is there.

I like the collar.

Home with Kuyt on the back

Away

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

TyChan posted:

I like the collar.

Jomzajung is cheap and the quality is totally fine in all the ones I've had.

Kulex
Apr 4, 2007

A shpectre is haunting Europe - the shpectre of Shlavoj Zizek... and so on and so on.

Chuggo posted:

Jomzajung is cheap and the quality is totally fine in all the ones I've had.

How is the quality of the shirts from there? I'm considering getting an England shirt for my dad for Christmas.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Kulex posted:

How is the quality of the shirts from there? I'm considering getting an England shirt for my dad for Christmas.

Mine have always been fine, a couple of loose threads sometimes but only ever superficial, nothing major. Not sure exactly where their stock comes from but it's all the right materials and badges and everything, so it's not fake stuff.

Harmonica
May 18, 2004

il cinema è la vita e viceversa
Yeah I can vouch for them (jomzajung.com/bestway4you.com/bornprosper.com) from the few kits I've had over the past few years. All the bits are exactly right.

They do seem to skimp on things like elastic, on the kits that have them, meaning getting your head in them can be a bit of fun.

Harmonica fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Nov 3, 2009

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM
I decided a few weeks ago to support Honduras for the World Cup. And this is now cemented after seeing the sublime football shirts they have:

The ones on the end are absolutely fantastic.

Unfortunately they're £55 on subside sports - the only place I can find them. I've not bought a shirt for a small side like this during a tournament before. Is it likely that I'll be able to find it for £40 or so in the Summer?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Atomic Dog posted:

I decided a few weeks ago to support Honduras for the World Cup. And this is now cemented after seeing the sublime football shirts they have:

The ones on the end are absolutely fantastic.

Unfortunately they're £55 on subside sports - the only place I can find them. I've not bought a shirt for a small side like this during a tournament before. Is it likely that I'll be able to find it for £40 or so in the Summer?

Check https://www.onionbag.com as you get closer to the World Cup. They're located in the US but usually have most of the South/Central American shirts in stock and generally run about $70-80 USD. They're sold out of their Honduras stuff right now but that's really to be expected after they qualified for the World Cup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craiglen
Sep 2, 2006
H