Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

cheerfullydrab posted:

So, was Bobby's middle name given to him because of Boomhauer? Kind of a slap in the face to Dale and Bill there.

He got Bill's name tattooed on him and ended up saving Dale's life (possibly on many occasions) so I think it's all pretty ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

this episode with the pork baron is so loving amazing, i can't believe the ending

Roflcopter
Dec 21, 2004

Tender Bender posted:

this episode with the pork baron is so loving amazing, i can't believe the ending

Creepy as fuuuuuck

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

muscles like this? posted:

Its also the only one left after Dale murdered the rest of them.

So, all told, Dale's puppet kill count is 4? 3 Manger Babies and Chip Block, right?

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9

Tender Bender posted:

Anyone know who voiced him? I didn't pay attention to the credits and :effort:

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

Syrant posted:

Anyone know who voiced him? I didn't pay attention to the credits and :effort:

Michael Keaton

Kid Awesome
Sep 24, 2009

by Fistgrrl
Its a shame that they won't release the rest of the seasons on DVD, at least throw the fans a bone on that.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Roflcopter posted:

Creepy as fuuuuuck

life is a series of compromises

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Now that's a clean-burnin' hell, I tell you what!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

SlippyFists
Jul 16, 2007

To The Flowers of Time!

it stills surprises me every time when I watch Californication and see Pamela Adlon acting, and can't help but imprint Bobby's voice into her work somehow.

Cubbies
Jul 23, 2008
DALE: Hank, if you're steering the car, THEN WHO'S TAKING OFF YOUR SHIRT!?!?!?

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

Have fun at your camp.
I have paella! Gary and Mike made it, and it's decadent.

every line in this episode is hilarious. are you sure thats what your dad said? that he was a ... fed?

we're both men!

e: holy poo poo. bug and juan pedro both voiced by this guy

Your Proud Pal fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Oct 10, 2009

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Dave Herman is a great voice actor. It's funny because most people remember him from MadTV or Office Space.

I love the episode were Bobby goes to work at the track. The last scene of Hank kicking rear end literally is hilarious.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

twistedmentat posted:

Dave Herman is a great voice actor. It's funny because most people remember him from MadTV or Office Space.

I love the episode were Bobby goes to work at the track. The last scene of Hank kicking rear end literally is hilarious.
It really set the series pace for what Hank was capable of when it came to anger. He was chaining angry Bwahs

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

robot roll call posted:

This is one of my favorites too, and it's a great little bit that sums up the entire show perfectly.

Also:

Pages and pages ago, but what episode is this from? I must know!

ludnix
Jan 8, 2007

by exmarx

Vargo posted:

Square footed monster, not one of the better episodes...

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Vargo posted:

From season 13, Square Footed Monster. Ted Wassonasong builds a McMansion on Raney Street.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

ludnix posted:

Square footed monster, not one of the better episodes...

I liked it. I really liked the Lawyer character. He should have been recurring.

Did we ever get a "conclusion" on the status of Peggy. Was she still at the restate job or what?

ludnix
Jan 8, 2007

by exmarx

CaptainHollywood posted:

I liked it. I really liked the Lawyer character. He should have been recurring.

Did we ever get a "conclusion" on the status of Peggy. Was she still at the restate job or what?

The whole episode seemed out of character for Hank, it seemed like he never would have torn down the house in the first place, it just didn't make any sense to me.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

ludnix posted:

The whole episode seemed out of character for Hank, it seemed like he never would have torn down the house in the first place, it just didn't make any sense to me.
It was damaging his property, where his lawn is. And it was a public safety hazard to much of Rainey St, of which he is still block captain. Do you know Hank?

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

I had no idea how many voices he did on the show until I turned to my boyfriend just now and said "Oh, he does Juan Pedro in the gay rodeo!" "Uh, he does pretty much every voice that you can't immediately place on the show. He does.... (lists about 15 people of the top of his head like a psycho fan)"

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Speaking of Dale killing the manger Babies...

Anyone have a gif of the donkey in the washing machine and its face gets slammed up on the window, all torn up and Luanne screams?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Waffleopolis posted:

Speaking of Dale killing the manger Babies...

Anyone have a gif of the donkey in the washing machine and its face gets slammed up on the window, all torn up and Luanne screams?

I thought people were joking about Dale killing the manger babies but apparently there's an episode I missed that I really REALLY need to see.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Ozma posted:

I had no idea how many voices he did on the show until I turned to my boyfriend just now and said "Oh, he does Juan Pedro in the gay rodeo!" "Uh, he does pretty much every voice that you can't immediately place on the show. He does.... (lists about 15 people of the top of his head like a psycho fan)"

He's like that on Futurama too. the voice parts aren't maincast, Maruce LeMarche or Tress McNeil, they're him.

ludnix
Jan 8, 2007

by exmarx

hall n oates mom posted:

It was damaging his property, where his lawn is. And it was a public safety hazard to much of Rainey St, of which he is still block captain. Do you know Hank?

I don't think Hank would circumvent the law to destroy someone elses house even if it was under the idea of self defense. I know it's in hank's character to be anal about his lawn, but it didn't seem like he would have felt he had justification to attack the house with a chainsaw before calling the proper authorities.

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

ludnix posted:

I don't think Hank would circumvent the law to destroy someone elses house even if it was under the idea of self defense. I know it's in hank's character to be anal about his lawn, but it didn't seem like he would have felt he had justification to attack the house with a chainsaw before calling the proper authorities.

he knows how to make tough decisions, like he had to in the arlen flood. hank is a man of action

ludnix
Jan 8, 2007

by exmarx

Your Proud Pal posted:

he knows how to make tough decisions, like he had to in the arlen flood. hank is a man of action

I feel like he would have at least used the proper hardware. Hank knows that chainsaws are for trees not for tearing down houses. :colbert:

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
i think rad might be my new favorite ancillary character.

rad's here baby. rad. is. here.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Sugar Blaster posted:

i think rad might be my new favorite ancillary character.

rad's here baby. rad. is. here.

Soooooo rad.

Learning it's Matthew McConaughay was the icing.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
^^^^
his acting high point.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

ludnix posted:

The house was collapsing and posed an imminent threat. Hank didn't have time to deal with red tape and bureaucrats (the moral of 20-30% of the episodes.)

Current favorite Hankism:

"Dang it, Bobby, people are going to see that oil stain and think I'm a drunk."

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

I think my favorite Hankism is "You're not making Christianity any better: you're just making rock n' roll worse"

Jay Dub
Jul 27, 2009

I'm not listening
to youuuuu...
You don't understand what a wallet is like. It's like money filled underwear.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

"You know what I always say: If you plan ahead, then when things happen, you're prepared."

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

The one thing that bugs me is that Pamela Adlon really only does one voice. Now I can only see Bobby shooting down aliens with big guy.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

change my name posted:

The one thing that bugs me is that Pamela Adlon really only does one voice. Now I can only see Bobby shooting down aliens with big guy.

Don't watch Californication.

Giga Pet giveaway
Jun 28, 2008

You're Not Welcome?
I hate Peggy but this gets me every time.

Right after she's seen a 'My child is an honor roll student' bumper sticker:

"Oh yeah? Well MY child is god to millions of Asians!"

Faxman
Feb 27, 2009
Bobby: "Oh my God, Mr. Dautrieve's on Fire!!!!"

Hank: "Yeah, that'll happen."

Hank says this so deadpan. It makes me giggle to myself whenever I think of it.

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

PaleInkedBoy posted:

I hate Peggy but this gets me every time.

Right after she's seen a 'My child is an honor roll student' bumper sticker:

"Oh yeah? Well MY child is god to millions of Asians!"

peggy is a veritable goldmine of lines. "in theory i reject this money. it is only in practice that i accept it"
this ep especially owns because of all the peggy/dale interaction and its one where peggy wins and the gun nut book club scene is also funny

Your Proud Pal fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Oct 17, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Ah ah ah: Peggy Hill's Sugarfoot