Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
Sure, Persian chicks are hot, this works for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Actually, if the Jesusland map came true, which country would be more economically powerful? It seems like California + New York is a winning combination, but the Midwest has the breadbasket and presumably all the mineral wealth.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

freebooter posted:

Actually, if the Jesusland map came true, which country would be more economically powerful? It seems like California + New York is a winning combination, but the Midwest has the breadbasket and presumably all the mineral wealth.

Who cares they got guns and will take it back

T Zero
Sep 26, 2005
When the enemy is in range, so are you

Toad on a Hat posted:

No, I really don't see a pattern here to justify profiling, do you? So, to ensure we Americans never offend anyone, particularly fanatics intent on killing us, airport security screeners will no longer be allowed to profile certain people... Absolutely No Profiling! They must conduct random searches of 80-year-old women, little kids, airline pilots with proper identification, secret agents who are members of the President's security detail, 85-year old Congressmen with metal
hips, and Medal of Honor winner and former Governor Joe Foss, but leave Muslim Males between the ages 17 and 40 alone lest they be guilty of profiling.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1129&dat=20011228&id=kY4NAAAAIBAJ&sjid=MnADAAAAIBAJ&pg=6726,3754252

carouse1
Mar 31, 2009

by Ozma
Regarding the newest high priest OBAMA

www.desiringgod.org/Blog posted:

How Barack Obama Will Make Christ a Minister of Condemnation
January 17, 2009 By: John Piper

At Barack Obama’s request, tomorrow in the Lincoln Memorial, Gene Robinson, the first openly non-celibate homosexual bishop in the Episcopal Church, will deliver the invocation for the inauguration kick-off.

This is tragic not mainly because Obama is willing to hold up the legitimacy of homosexual intercourse, but because he is willing to get behind the church endorsement of sexual intercourse between men.

It is one thing to say: Two men may legally have sex. It is another to say: The Christian church acted acceptably in blessing Robinson’s sex with men.

The implications of this are serious.

It means that Barack Obama is willing, not just to tolerate, but to feature a person and a viewpoint that makes the church a minister of damnation. Again, the tragedy here is not that many people in public life hold views (like atheism) that lead to damnation, but that Obama is making the church the minister of damnation.

The apostle Paul says,

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves , nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God. (1 Corinthians 6:9-11)

What is Paul saying about things like adultery, greed, stealing, and homosexual practice? As J. I. Packer puts it, “They are ways of sin that, if not repented of and forsaken, will keep people out of God’s kingdom of salvation.” (Christianity Today, January 2003, p. 48).

In other words, to bless people in these sins, instead of offering them forgiveness and deliverance from them, is to minister damnation to them, not salvation.

The gospel, with its forgiveness and deliverance from homosexual practice, offers salvation. Gene Robinson, with his blessing and approval of homosexual practice, offers damnation. And he does it in the name of Christ.

It is as though Obama sought out a church which blessed stealing and adultery, and then chose its most well-known thief and adulterer, and asked him to pray.

One more time: The issue here is not that presidents may need to tolerate things they don’t approve of. The issue is this: In linking the Christian ministry to the approval of homosexual activity, Christ is made a minister of condemnation.

dphrag
May 20, 2006
Ooga Booga Goo
Hey, I saw a documentary with that Gene Robinson guy. When he was ordained as a bishop, he had to wear a bullet proof vest under his vestments in light of the flurry of death threats.

WWJD? http://www.theonion.com/content/news/christ_kills_two_injures_seven_in

CrowT.Robot
Aug 31, 2004

"That's where I almost lost my virginity!
I just don't even know on this one. Sorry if it's been posted already. Arrived in my work Inbox this AM:

http://www.suicidalutopia.com/2009/05/05/the-axis-of-idiots-by-jd-pendry-or-how-to-devalue-the-lives-of-our-soldiers-.html

quote:

‘The Axis of Idiots’ by J. D. Pendry - Sergeant Major, USMC, Retired

‘The Axis of Idiots’

Jimmy Carter, you are the father of the Islamic Nazi movement. You threw the Shah under the bus, welcomed the Ayatollah home, and then lacked the spine to confront the terrorists when they took our embassy and our people hostage. You’re the runner-in-chief.

Bill Clinton, you played ring around the Lewinsky while the terrorists were at war with us. You got us into a fight with them in Somalia and then you ran from it. Your weak-willed responses to the U.S.S. Cole and the First Trade Center Bombing and Our Embassy Bombings emboldened the killers. Each time you failed to respond adequately, they grew bolder, until 9/11/2001.

John Kerry, dishonesty is your most prominent attribute. You lied about American Soldiers in Vietnam .. Your military service, like your life, is more fiction than fact. You’ve accused our military of terrorizing women and children in Iraq .. You called Iraq the wrong war, wrong place, wrong time, the same words you used to describe Vietnam .. You’re a fake. You want to run from Iraq and abandon the Iraqis to murderers just as you did the Vietnamese. Iraq , like Vietnam , is another war that you were for, before you were against it.

John Murtha, you said our military was broken. You said we can’t win militarily in Iraq .. You accused United States Marines of cold-blooded murder without proof and said we should redeploy to Okinawa . Okinawa, John? And the Democrats call you their military ex pert! Are you sure you didn’t suffer a traumatic brain injury while you were off building your war hero resume? You’re a sad, pitiable, corrupt and washed up politician. You’re not a Marine, sir. You wouldn’t amount to a good pimple on a real Marine’s backside. You’re a phony and a disgrace. Run away, John.

Dick Durbin, you accused our Soldiers at Guantanamo of being Nazis, tenders of Soviet style gulags and as bad as the regime of Pol Pot, who murdered two million of his own people after your party abandoned Southeast Asia to the Communists. Now you want to abandon the Iraqis to the same fate. History was not a good teacher for you, was it? Lord help us! See Dick run..

Ted Kennedy, for days on end you held poster-sized pictures from Abu Ghraib in front of any available television camera. Al Jazeera quoted you saying that Iraqi’s torture chambers were open under new management. Did you see the news, Teddy? The Islamic Nazis demonstrated another beheading for you. If you truly supported our troops, you’d show the world poster-sized pictures of that atrocity and demand the annihilation of it. Your legislation stripping support from the South Vietnamese led to a communist victory there. You’re a bloated, drunken fool bent on repeating the same historical blunder that turned freedom-seeking people over to homicidal, genocidal maniacs. To paraphrase John Murtha, all while sitting on your wide, gin-soaked rear-end in Washington …

Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Carl Levine, Barbara Boxer, Diane Feinstein, Russ Feingold, Hillary Clinton, Pat Leahy, Barack Obama, Chuck Schumer, the Holly wood Leftist morons, et al, ad nauseam; Every time you stand in front of television cameras and broadcast to the Islamic Nazis that we went to war because our President lied, that the war is wrong and our Soldiers are torturers, that we should leave Iraq, you give the Islamic butchers - the same ones that tortured and mutilated American Soldiers - cause to think that we’ll run away again, and all they have to do is hang on a little longer. It is inevitable that we, the infidels, will have to defeat the Islamic jihadists. Better to do it now on their turf, than later on ours after they have gained both strength and momentum.

American news media, the New York Times particularly: Each time you publish stories about national defense secrets and our intelligence gathering methods, you become one united with the sub-human pieces of camel dung that torture and mutilate the bodies of American Soldiers. You can’t strike up the courage to publish cartoons, but you can help Al Qaeda destroy my country. Actually, you are more dangerous to us than Al Qaeda is. Think about that each time you face Mecca to admire your Pulitzer.

You are America ’s ‘AXIS OF IDIOTS.’ Your Collective Stupidity will destroy us. Self-serving politics and terrorist-abetting news scoops are more important to you than our national security or the lives of innocent civilians and Soldiers. It bothers you that defending ourselves gets in the way of your elitist sport of politics and your ignorant editorializing. There is as much blood on your hands as is on the hands of murdering terrorists. Don’t ever doubt that. Your frolics will only serve to extend this war as they extended Vietnam … If you want our Soldiers home as you claim, knock off the crap and try supporting your country ahead of supporting your silly political aims and aiding our enemies.

Yes, I’m questioning your patriotism. Your loyalty ends with self. I’m also questioning why you’re stealing air that decent Americans could be breathing. You don’t deserve the protection of our men and women in uniform. You need to run away from this war, this country. Leave the war to the people who have the will to see it through and the country to people who are willing to defend it.

No, Mr. President, you don’t get off the hook, either. Our country has two enemies: Those who want to destroy us from the outside and those who attempt it from within. Your Soldiers are dealing with the outside force. It’s your obligation to support them by confronting the AXIS OF IDIOTS.

America must hear it from you that these self-centered people are harming our country, abetting the enemy and endangering our safety. Well up a little anger, please, and channel it toward the appropriate target. You must prosecute those who leak national security secrets to the media. You must prosecute those in the media who knowingly publish those secrets.

Our Soldiers need you to confront the enemy that they cannot. They need you to do it now.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
gently caress. The one thing I can not stand are having these guys as "advocates" for soldiers. John Murtha and John Kerry both served in Vietnam and received Purple Hearts for injury. Al Gore is a Vietnam vet. It pisses me off that someone's military service in a combat zone apparently doesn't count if your politics aren't right.

The Shah was there because we subverted the elected government in Iran in the 1950's. And I don't think that Carter "welcomed" the Ayatollah.

The Lewinsky scandal was something the Republican party pursued to the exclusion of all else.

George H. W. Bush got us into Somalia. I don't see how you can accuse Clinton of starting a fight when the US had already committed troops prior to his election.

The Khmer Rouge was actually supported by the Republican party when Vietnam invaded in the late 70's. Apparently giving aid to genocidal communists is okay when they're fighting Communists who had thwarted us in the past. And the situation in Cambodia wouldn't have existed without US war in Vietnam and our subverting the Cambodian government.

Basically this guy's whole message is raging on Vietnam and how we could have won if we'd only been allowed to kill everyone in South East Asia. For someone who rails on the Nazi's so much, he wants to emulate them as much as possible.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Grifter posted:

Using this logic the TSA should be hassling every offwhite guy rolling through the airports, but Osama Bin Laden shouldn't be looked at twice. Also, is there a writeup somewhere of the interpretation of Revelation that points towards a 40 year old Muslim? I'd love to read that.

Nah but they're assuming that people won't read Revelations, which they won't.

Toasticle
Jul 18, 2003

Hay guys, out this Rape
I have no idea what this means

quote:

Depression

I was so depressed last night thinking about the economy, the wars, global warming, my savings, Social Security, my credit card debt.....
I called Lifeline.

Got a freakin' call
center in Pakistan;
I told them I was suicidal.
They all got excited and asked if I could drive a truck...

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Toasticle posted:

I have no idea what this means
People from Pakistan are largely muslim, and therefore want you to suicide bomb U.S. buildings using trucks full of fertilizer.

dorquemada
Dec 22, 2001

Goddamn Textual Tyrannosaurus

Vilerat posted:

quote:

We'll keep the SUVs, pickup trucks American made cars and oversized luxury cars. You can take every Subaru station wagon you can find.
Pretty good deal, I think we should take it.
The Outback and Legacy are American made, unless we've ceded Lafayette, Indiana to some other country while I wasn't looking.

I guess it's all manly and conservative and American to know gently caress all about cars, then.

dorquemada
Dec 22, 2001

Goddamn Textual Tyrannosaurus

Armyman25 posted:

The Shah was there because we subverted the elected government in Iran in the 1950's. And I don't think that Carter "welcomed" the Ayatollah.
Yeah, Carter did anything but throw the Shah under the bus. He should have thrown him under a bus much sooner, but he didn't. It's rather a black mark on his record.

Armyman25 posted:

George H. W. Bush got us into Somalia. I don't see how you can accuse Clinton of starting a fight when the US had already committed troops prior to his election.
He did it with the assent of president-elect Clinton, much like Bush Jr. consulted with Obama about the stimulus. It wasn't an outgoing gently caress you to Clinton.

Armyman25 posted:

The Khmer Rouge was actually supported by the Republican party when Vietnam invaded in the late 70's. Apparently giving aid to genocidal communists is okay when they're fighting Communists who had thwarted us in the past. And the situation in Cambodia wouldn't have existed without US war in Vietnam and our subverting the Cambodian government.
Not really. The Khmer Rouge was North Vietnam's and the PRC's baby. Also, how did the Republican party actively support them in the late 70's, considering the controlled neither house, senate, nor the white house?

Vilerat
May 11, 2002

quote:

This should be read and understood by all Americans—Democrats, Republicans, EVERYONE!!

To President Obama and all 535 voting members of the Legislature,
Are you all morons?

The U.S. Post Service was established in 1775—you have had 234 years to get it right—and it is broke.

Social Security was established in 1935—you have had 74 years to get it right—and it is broke.

Fannie Mae was established in 1938—you have had 71 years to get it right—and it is broke.

War on Poverty started in 1964—you have had 45 years to get it right; $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to "the poor"—and they only want more.

Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965—you have had 44 years to get it right—and they are broke.

Freddie Mac was established in 1970—you have had 39 years to get it right—and it is broke.

The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our dependence on foreign oil, it has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of $24 billion a year and we import more oil than ever before—you had 32 years to get it right—and it is an abysmal failure.

You have FAILED in every "government service" you have shoved down our throats while overspending our tax dollars—AND YOU WANT AMERICANS TO BELIEVE YOU CAN BE TRUSTED WITH A GOVERNMENT-RUN HEALTH CARE SYSTEM??

Are you crazy, or do you just believe all Americans are morons too???

This from a family member. I replied with a rational breakdown on why the email was retarded but then...

quote:

As smart as you are, and as close to government programs as you are i can't imagine why you would stick up for government meddling. When i was young, the city didn't have a health plan subsidy, so i went out and found health insurance and paid for it myself. When your mom was young and a single mom she found health insurance on her own and paid for it herself. The trouble with young people today is that they want everything handed to them and don't want to work for it. Big brother will provide( yeh right ) Pat and i both have very good health plan coverage and our fear is that the government ( REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT) will step in and gently caress it all up just as they have done for the last 100 years.

THEY ARE ON MEDICARE. gently caress.

Pungent Mammy
Jul 29, 2003

The pig is a huge fat pig.
Fallen Rib

quote:

Good Stuff - Especially Abe Lincoln's statement at the bottom.

Poverty in Our Cities.

City, State, % of People Below the Poverty Level

1. Detroit , MI
32.5%

2. Buffalo , NY
29.9%

3. Cincinnati , OH
27.8%

4. Cleveland , OH
27.0%

5. Miami , FL
26.9%

5. St. Louis , MO
26.8%

7. El Paso , TX
26.4%

8. Milwaukee , WI
26.2%

9. Philadelphia , PA
25.1%

10. Newark , NJ
24.2%

U.S. Census Bureau, 2006 American Community Survey, August 2007
What do the top ten cities (over 250,000) with the highest poverty rate all have in common?

Detroit , MI (1st on the poverty rate list) hasn't elected a Republican mayor since 1961;

Buffalo , NY (2nd) hasn't elected one since 1954;

Cincinnati , OH (3rd)...since 1984;

Cleveland , OH (4th)...since 1989;

Miami , FL (5th) has never had a Republican mayor;

St. Louis , MO (6th)....since 1949;

El Paso , TX (7th) has never had a Republican mayor;

Milwaukee , WI (8th)...since 1908;

Philadelphia , PA (9th)...since 1952;

Newark , NJ (10th)...since 1907.

Einstein once said, 'The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.'

It is the poor who habitually elect Democrats---yet they are still
POOR

"You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift. You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down. You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred. You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative and independence. You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Also imagine this is all in 35 point font with each paragraph in a different color.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

guess what quote lincon didn't actually ever say (in fact, wasn't even said before his death: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_J._H._Boetcker)

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Less impactful to the email yet still ridiculous is the "insanity" quote is also not known toi be einstein and is one of those generic quotes that gets passed around to various historical figures.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
Got this one a week ago.

my crazy relatives posted:

Read it and cry...(out against it!)

This is a message from my friend who was mayor in Lubbock, Windy Sitton. She attended all the White House Christmas parties during both Bush years. This is a personal message to me and not a "scare tatic from unknowns on the internet. Pretty much says it all.

Thought you might be interested in this information from the White House. This isn't a rumor; this is a fact.

We have a friend at church who is a very talented artist. For several years she, among many others, has painted ornaments to be hung on the various White House Christmas trees. The WH sends out an invitation to send an ornament and informs the artists of the theme for the year.

She got her letter from the WH recently. It said that they would not be called Christmas trees this year. They will be called Holiday trees. And, to please not send any ornaments painted with a religious theme.

She was very upset at this development and sent back a reply telling them that she painted the ornaments for Christmas trees and would not be sending any for display that left Christ out of Christmas.

Just thought you should know what the new residents in the WH plan for the future of America. If you missed his statement that "we do not consider ourselves a Christian Nation" this should confirm that he plans to take us away from our religious foundation as quickly as possible.

I had no idea how to respond to this "WAR ON CHRISTMAS" bullshit, but I gave it a shot.

me posted:

This is a 'scare tactic from unknowns on the internet'. I can find no actual news articles or snopes pieces mentioning Christmas and Obama.

In fact, the only vaguely related article I could find was on Fox News from 2005, Holiday Trees Arrive at Capitol, White House.

Maybe in a month when the trees actually are shipped to the White House something will happen, but at present this is pure fear-mongering and baloney. :)

Oh, hey, now there is a snopes article on it. Turns out my relatives are the cutting edge of loony.

graventy fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Oct 15, 2009

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

graventy posted:

Got this one a week ago.

I had no idea how to respond to this "WAR ON CHRISTMAS" bullshit, but I gave it a shot.

Oh, hey, now there is a snopes article on it. Turns out my relatives are the cutting edge of loony.
It's not a complete fabrication from what I remember.

One of the dozens of Christmas trees in Washington is decorated with ornaments representing all 50 states, each hand made. There was a story a few years ago about a Western governor who fobbed the job off to her 12-year-old son, who make a while ball with a pipe-cleaner skier, as Wyoming's (or CO's, or whomever's) official entry. Some of them are crazy elaborate works of art, some are simple.

It's not really an official, sanctioned program - just something informal. I can't find anything on it tonight. Here's one such story: http://www.allbusiness.com/manufacturing/nonmetallic-mineral-product-mfg/6153670-1.html

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

graventy posted:

Christmas ornament thingy

If the White House were actually dumb enough to ever send out any such letter, their opponents like this "Lubbock Mayor" should be able to proudly display the actual letter and would be thoroughly justified in doing so on the grounds of punishing political stupidity.

A good approach to something like this would be to bet the emailing relative one hundred dollars that they could not produce an actual copy of the White House letter telling these artists not to make religious themed ornaments etc. within a year's time. If they produce the letter, the LONG FORM, and its veracity is verified by at least one story in a major news outlet (you and they can agree upon acceptable outlets in advance, and no Newsmax and Sarah Palin's Facebook status don't count) within a year, you have to pay, if they can't meet the conditions, they have to pay.

(Edit: interesting that the snopes site has that about it which prevents copy/pasting the text of its articles.)

quote:

To President Obama and all 535 voting members of the Legislature,
Are you all morons?

The U.S. Post Service was established in 1775—you have had 234 years to get it right—and it is broke.

Social Security was established in 1935—you have had 74 years to get it right—and it is broke.

Fannie Mae was established in 1938—you have had 71 years to get it right—and it is broke.

War on Poverty started in 1964—you have had 45 years to get it right; $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to "the poor"—and they only want more.

Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965—you have had 44 years to get it right—and they are broke.

Freddie Mac was established in 1970—you have had 39 years to get it right—and it is broke.

The Department of Energy was created in 1977 to lessen our dependence on foreign oil, it has ballooned to 16,000 employees with a budget of $24 billion a year and we import more oil than ever before—you had 32 years to get it right—and it is an abysmal failure.

You have FAILED in every "government service" you have shoved down our throats while overspending our tax dollars—AND YOU WANT AMERICANS TO BELIEVE YOU CAN BE TRUSTED WITH A GOVERNMENT-RUN HEALTH CARE SYSTEM??

Are you crazy, or do you just believe all Americans are morons too???

Pack it up, Americaliures

Zwabu fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Oct 15, 2009

Vilerat
May 11, 2002

Zwabu posted:

Pack it up, Americaliures

I posted that on this very page!

(I'd still rather we err on the side of getting these emails posted instead of worrying about reading every last page to make sure yours isn't listed yet so no big deal)

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Why is the USPS a failure because I'm pretty sure my mail always gets there...?

Pungent Mammy
Jul 29, 2003

The pig is a huge fat pig.
Fallen Rib

RagnarokAngel posted:

Because one time your Delta Farce DVD was delayed from eBay and everything's broke broke broke!

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

'Startocaster' is more fun to say than I expected.

RagnarokAngel posted:

None of those are failures. They all do exactly what they are suppose to. Most of them very efficiently. Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security get a bad rap because they are underfunded (no kidding we have to pay for this?!?!), but they still work exactly as intended. Freddy and Fannie get a bad rap because they were caught in the same mess all the other banks were, but were mandated to deal specifically with mortgages, lacking the diversity that other banks that survived had.

It is painfully obvious that this email is directed not at programs not working, because they do if you are even the least bit objective, but rather the goals of the programs being bad.

Over $40 Billion a year between state and federal money is spent on the War on Drugs. Teenagers still get high.

$55 billion spent to have the honor of the largest incarceration rate in the world. Murder, Rape, theft, organized crime, and gangs violence still happens on a daily basis.

I suppose we should include the Department of Education in there. They spend $56 billion a year and we still have retards who think Obama was born in Kenya.

The military industrial complex is one huge money hole and half the times the contractors don't even deliver on their promises at the costs they get bid on. (Warning: Exaggeration) It's just a mere 1/4 of total federal spending.

Not to mention the money sink that is the WAR ON TERRA! Bin Laden still at large.

Government spending and efficiency is actually on par with or often better than comparable sized private entities. In fact, despite being a running joke, DoD procurement is actually better than most other private entities ($5,000 toilet seats not withstanding). I should have saved those two links for discussions like this. I remember seeing it in D&D in the last year.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

Zwabu posted:

(Edit: interesting that the snopes site has that about it which prevents copy/pasting the text of its articles.)

Yeah, I've always found that incredibly annoying. As it turns out, there's a greasemonkey script that 'fixes' it.

RagnarokAngel posted:

They keep raising the price of my stamps! Also, there've been a lot of news stories lately about cutting back on delivery a day a week.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

graventy posted:

Yeah, I've always found that incredibly annoying. As it turns out, there's a greasemonkey script that 'fixes' it.

And I thought I was being clever by hitting "view source" LOL

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Obama and the current members of congress have been in power for over a hundred years (234 years to be exact!), though! Why aren't we living in a utopia yet?

A Sentient Cloud
Feb 23, 2009

RagnarokAngel posted:

Cuz they're in league with the Muslims to kill Jesus and Christmas, duh

Toasticle
Jul 18, 2003

Hay guys, out this Rape
Todays phonecall with boss ended with him bitching about how niggers can't use vacuum cleaners without breaking them. I had sort of zoned out into "uh-huh. Hmm. uh-huh" mode and it took me a little while to process that and the best my brain could do was giggle like an idiot and say 'What?'.

Apparantly black people use vacuums till the bag fills up, throw the bag out then keep using the vacuum till it breaks. I'm not sure if he knows this first hand or not as my brain was stuck going "What? WHAT?" and he had segued into niggers being too dumb to realize they are voting against their own best interests by voting democrat. I think he sort of realized he was drifting into old crazy loving racist land as he stopped himself and said something about not getting himself worked up before the weekend.

I don't know how much longer I can stop myself from snapping and screaming at him.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Toasticle posted:

Todays phonecall with boss ended with him bitching about how niggers can't use vacuum cleaners without breaking them. I had sort of zoned out into "uh-huh. Hmm. uh-huh" mode and it took me a little while to process that and the best my brain could do was giggle like an idiot and say 'What?'.

Apparantly black people use vacuums till the bag fills up, throw the bag out then keep using the vacuum till it breaks. I'm not sure if he knows this first hand or not as my brain was stuck going "What? WHAT?" and he had segued into niggers being too dumb to realize they are voting against their own best interests by voting democrat. I think he sort of realized he was drifting into old crazy loving racist land as he stopped himself and said something about not getting himself worked up before the weekend.

I don't know how much longer I can stop myself from snapping and screaming at him.

Get him to email his views to you and you can never ever be fired.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Toasticle posted:

Apparantly black people use vacuums till the bag fills up, throw the bag out then keep using the vacuum till it breaks.

Pretty sure that's exactly how vacuum cleaners are supposed to be used?

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

freebooter posted:

Pretty sure that's exactly how vacuum cleaners are supposed to be used?

I think he is trying to say that no new bag was put in after the first was removed. Which is probably why it broke.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Capn_Marrrrk posted:

Note: This is a long loving post. And I like to think it's point is to show both the Loony Email and my attempt to deal with said Loony.

If this is too much or too E/N let me know and I'll either reformat it or dump it.

Here's the email that came from my father-in law and the ensuing bullshit that entailed when I finally got sick of his countless FW:

Read Below Please:

I will continue the boycott to not mail with this stamp.
It is really off the mark-
Others will be doing the same- I Buy the universal stamp.
I received this info from someone else.

Harv
-
---
Can you believe this????? Obama has done it again!! We always wondered about his Muslim background.
USPS New 42-Cent Stamp!!! Celebrates Muslim holiday.

If there is only ONE thing you forward today... let it be this!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of Pan Am Flight 103!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the World Trade Center in 1993!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the Marine Barracks in Lebanon !

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the military Barracks in Saudi Arabia !

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the American Embassies in Africa !

REMEMBER the MUSLIM bombing of the USS COLE!

REMEMBER the MUSLIM attack on 9/11/2001 !

REMEMBER all the AMERICAN lives that were lost in those vicious MUSLIM attacks!

Now President Obama has directed the United States Postal Service to REMEMBER and HONOR the EID MUSLIM holiday season with a new commemorative 42 Cent First Class Holiday Postage Stamp.

REMEMBER to adamantly & vocally BOYCOTT this stamp, when you are purchasing your stamps at the post office.

All you have to say is "No thank you, I do not want that Muslim Stamp on my letters!"

To use this stamp would be a slap in the face to all those AMERICANS who died at the hands of those whom this stamp honors.

REMEMBER ~
Pass this along to every Patriotic AMERICAN that you know and let's get the word out !!!

Here is something to chew on...

They (MUSLIMS) don't even believe in Christ, & they're getting their own Christmas stamp! BUT, don't dare to dream of posting the ten commandments on federal property! This is truly UNBELIEVABLE

Ugh my mother got this exact same email from my hyper-fundamentalist aunt and uncle about five years ago. She wrote back and reamed them for this, and they took the hint and quit sending it out.

A few years later, I dated a Muslim girl for two years. They were always nice to her, but there was more than one time when I overheard them refer to her as "the Muslim."

:psyduck:

nole
Jun 23, 2009
I'm not going to copy the email into here (it's in Polish and even in that language makes no sense) but my dad is an ardent militant zionist who learned about the FWD button waaay back when (he's tech-savy) and so my inbox is always full to the brim with gems like:

- Obama doesn't support Israel
- Liberals bash Israel
- Racist UN shows sympathy to Hamas
- Is Kofi Anan and anti-semite?

And so forth.

I can't even bring it up because he's sort of a big sensetive baby and whenever I mention anything concerning his behavior (or anything about Israel) he just flips out and walls me out.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

RagnarokAngel posted:

It's not saying that they're failures, it's saying they're broke as in they have no money. It says the Department of Energy is a failure, not that it's broke.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Luigi Thirty posted:

It's not saying that they're failures, it's saying they're broke as in they have no money. It says the Department of Energy is a failure, not that it's broke.

God forbid we fund the postal service more...or the Department of Energy.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Luigi Thirty posted:

How's the Department of Defense been doing in terms of revenues brought in versus tax dollars spent? Are they breaking even?

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

Zwabu posted:

How's the Department of Defense been doing in terms of revenues brought in versus tax dollars spent? Are they breaking even?

Can't put a price tag on freedom! :911:

We can, however, put a price tag on health care, the best postal system in the world, and the welfare of our citizens.

Toasticle
Jul 18, 2003

Hay guys, out this Rape

quote:

Subject: Fw: A Cuban's Answer

A letter written to Glenn Beck

Dear Mr. Beck,

I watched your program last week – “The New Republic: America’s Future”. Needless to say that it was amazing. Your research was outstanding
and commendable.

As the week progressed you presented many unanswered questions
about America’s future. By Friday you had some answers and a great determination to do something about the situation.

The purpose of this communication is to let you know that the bottom line
is that these are the preliminary steps into establishing a totalitarian,
anti-capitalist government. I’m a Cuban living in Miami for the last 48 years.

The older generation of Cubans identified the ‘changes’ Mr. Obama was
promising and caught on to his real intentions very early on during his
campaign.

Evidently, you don’t have a relationship with an exiled Cuban. Unfortunately,
we have been the witnesses to a similar process back in 1959.

What is happening in the U.S.. is the result of a very well oiled machine that
started to lay out its plan many years ago. You mentioned that some of
these anti-government organizations started in 2006 and they are not new.
You are missing the point that this plan started before 1959.

That mechanism was put in place through the leader of a revolution that
brought down a right-wing dictatorship, so common in Latin America , and
Cubans blindly supported Fidel Castro without asking what he intended to do
with the country’s future. He had evil intentions; he was hungry for power
and thirsty for blood.

You have to realize that the current government in Venezuela was conceived
in Cuba by the Castro regime. After Venezuela, other Latin American countries have been victims of the same process. Chavez is Castro’s favorite disciple.

I cannot fathom how it is possible that Americans can be as blind as not to see what has happened to their Latin American neighbors for the last 50 years.

It was not a coincidence that the big money that poured out into the Obama’s campaign came from his left-wing friends. It was not a coincidence that he
was singled out because although American by birth, he doesn’t feel as a
true American. That is obvious when he goes to other countries and
badmouths the US . This is not totally Mr. Obama's fault. He might be only
a puppet, but he shares the anti-American, anti-capitalist feelings with the
left-wing radicals he has surrounded himself with, since the very beginning
of his administration. He is charismatic, young, clean cut, good looking and although totally inept to answer a question intelligently, he is a great orator
and is able to brilliantly deliver what other people have written for him.

To top it all off, he is black!

During the presidential campaign an old friend told me: ”This is the Trojan horse; once Obama is in the presidency the anti-capitalist system will work from within”. When I learned that Chavez and Raul Castro were eagerly awaiting Obama’s triumph in the elections, I realized that Mr. Obama was not the right man for the job. We have an old saying that basically means that a man is made out of the same fiber of the people with whom he associates. If these two dictators
needed Obama in the White House, he was bad news for America and
that alone was a good reason for me to vote for the opposition.

It is not a coincidence that all his appointees have ties with left-wing
organizations and they are anti-capitalist. This was all extremely well planned.

Is not a coincidence that our generation and several future generations owe exorbitant amounts of money to China . The last time I looked, China is a communist country where the economy is great, but where its citizens were
afraid to talk to reporters during the last Olympic Games. The one who holds
the purse strings calls the shots, the old saying says. Unfortunately, although beyond your wildest imagination, the US already belongs to China .

I’m surprised that your program is still on the air. After last week, I thought
you would have to leave the US the very next day as one of our radio commentators did in Cuba after a similar program in 1960. If a miracle of God doesn’ t materialize soon, Mr. Beck, America is in big trouble.

Thank you for your attention.

Sincerely,
Luis D. Vega
Miami, FL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

quote:

To top it all off, he is black!
Usually theyre more uh...subtle.