Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

CommissarMega posted:

Only if it's got some Kanna/Misato :pervert:

More like Gendo/Yoneda/Ken Akamatsu. :flaccid:

Warcabbit posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK6ksA0QyE4

This is for you, Canuck. This is for you.

Already have the soundtrack. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lishan1988
Mar 19, 2009

CommissarMega posted:

Only if it's got some Kanna/Misato :pervert:

And I have my Ritsuko/Maria

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Love, Justice, and Mid-Season Upgrades Steam-Powered Robots.
----------
:siren:VIDEO ALERT!:siren:

Before the battle.

Youtube Link!

"... but, of course, the dauntless Imperial Assault Force had impeccable timing. Just as the Kouma assaulted Ginza after three weeks of plotting and planning, so too did the Flower Division return to defend Japan from the vile demons.

"Observers noted, however, that the Flower Division's mechs were nothing that these brave warriors have ever fielded before. Where the Koubu once stomped and clanked, these new spirit armor units strode with valiant purpose; where the Koubu had struggled to put even a dent in the enemy, these mechs struck with all the grace and fluidity of actors dancing upon the stage; where the Koubu were once thrown into buildings, these new power suits ducked and weaved through the crowded streets like practiced pedestrians in rush hour.*

"The Jinbu were nothing that the citizens of the Imperial Capital had ever seen before, but the Flower Division had not lost its touch for dramatic entrances."

- Excerpt from the 1977 edition of "Samurai Spirits: The History of the Flower Division," written by M. Sunnyside.

* On the subject of property damage, Sunnyside is not exaggerating as much as one would think. Going five minutes without destroying a single building WAS a new world record as far as the Flower Division was concerned.
- L. Altair.

----------

TAISHO ERA, 13th YEAR: JANUARY
GINZA, A CERTAIN LOCATION

The Kouma are out for a day on the town!

... and the townspeople are, as usual, getting the hell out of dodge.

----

YOU GET A BITCHIN' RIDE!

... but it didn't come with power windows or automatic transmission, so the Kouma had to turn it down.

It's a weak throw- the car doesn't even hit the wall, for crying out loud!

Granted, that doesn't matter, because there are certain conventions that must be obeyed:

----

It blows up.

I shudder to think how traffic accidents work in this city. If you so much as nudge the bumper of the car in front of you, IT EXPLODES THE gently caress UP.

And wreathed dramatically in the smoke of the piddly flames-

- following a dramatic as hell zoom! -

... is our Villain-Of-The-Chapter, who actually GETS a voice-over this time. Never mind the lack of any interesting dialogue.

[Ogami]

Hold it right there!

Sakura! ("The beginning of a new era... a blood-soaked cherry-blossom-colored era!")

Sumire! ("In this spotlight... there is room for only one actress!")

Maria! ("Shoot to kill.")

Kanna! (Kill to shoot!")

Iris! ("KILL TO KILL~!")

Kohran! ("This ain't no Koubu, boy! No Koubu!!")

O!

GA!

MI!

"Yes! Leading role privileges!!"

----
[Ogami]

Alright, everyo-

[Kanna]

LET'S KILL THE THING OUT OF EVERYFUCK!!

[Everyone]

RRRAAAAAAAAAAGGH!!

[Ogami]

W-Wait, what about actually using our, y'know, our tactics and strategy and upper mental functions!?

[Maria]

That will come later, Captain. For now, we have the more pressing need to show the demons and any possible bystanders just how much stronger we have become.

[Kohran]

Look, what kinda heroes o' justice would we BE if we didn't take this chance t' show off?

[Ogami]

Rational ones!?

[Kohran]

Welp, there's yer problem, Ogami-han!

[Ogami]

I... okay, just do what you want. I... I thought I had leading role privileges...

----

FIRST PAIR:

Kohran...

... and Iris.

Leaving the Kouma to wonder what the hell's going on.

... the poor, poor Kouma.

----

CHOOM.

----
[Ogami]

... weren't the Kouma a pack of feral, amazingly coordinated hunters the last time we fought them?

[Kohran]

Yeah, o' course they were!

[Ogami]

So why-

[Kohran]

Cutscene privileges.

[Ogami]

... I... uh, carry on.

[Iris]

Yay, I can hear Oniichan's SAN score dropping!!

----

THE STUPIDLY COOL PAIR:

----

Maria.

----

Kanna.

----
[Ogami]

Look, are you SURE you guys can handl- no, wait, of COURSE they can. Um, are you guys going to stop posing and actua-

----

Together...

----

... they viciously annihilate fight crime.

It's kinda hard to see, but this is Maria killing a second Kouma before the first even hits the ground.

----

----

----
[Ogami]

... I take it back.

[Maria]

Take what back, Captain?

[Ogami]

Every bit of criticism I have ever said, was just about to say, and will ever say in the future.

[Kanna]

That'll do, boy. That'll do.

----

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Apr 11, 2013

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Love, Justice, and Mid-Season Upgrades Steam-Powered Robots.

THE... OTHER PAIR.

----
[Sumire]

Oh~hohohoho!! Ensign! Did you see that? Honestly, with the power of the Jinbu augmenting my already-graceful skills, I have become the very apex of perfection!

[Ogami]

... huh? Oh, yeah, great, that's swell, Sumire-kun, you took down one Kouma all by yourself.

[Sumire]

[Kanna]

Hahaha! Don't sweat it! Me and Maria are totally a tough act to follow, y'know.

[Sumire]

I... I cannot decide what is worse: the fact that I cannot refute your logic or your butchery of grammar.

[Kanna]

Huh? Talkin' what you are?

[Sumire]

... right. The latter.

----

... and Sakura.

----

----

----
[Ogami]

... y'know, Sakura-kun, for a holy cherry blossom sword technique thing, that's... a pretty messy result.

[Sakura]

Saving the world from demons is a dirty job, Ogami-san, but someone's got to do it.

[Ogami]

Isn't there kind of a difference between "dirty" and "disturbingly violent"?

[Sakura]

But how can you derive any enjoyment from your job if the enemy isn't spurting blood every which way, Ogami-san?

[Ogami]

Um. Employee-of-the-month awards?

[Sakura]

[Ogami]

... a-actually, wait, um, scratch that. More incentives for competition would just turn the theater into a bloodbath. We STILL haven't gotten the blood out of the carpets from that actress popularity contest.

----

And last but not least...

The man himself. No, not Yoneda.

----

----

----
[Kanna]

... that was loving metal.

[Sumire]

Ensign, you are quite a skilled pilot for someone who's never flown a... a whatever sort of craft the Jinbu would be classified as.

[Ogami]

Really? I dunno, it seemed a lot like driving a tank to me. You just obey the rules of the road.

[Maria]

Excuse me, Captain?

[Ogami]

You know- never hit the brakes, always look both ways before crossing the road, and crush any obstacle smaller than you under the ironshod treads of your tank.

[Maria]

Kohran, you're giving him actual flying lessons when we get back.

[Kohran]

Ah dunno, it seemed 'bout right t' me! 'Sides, he ain't hurtin' anyone but himself and every single winged enemy we'll bump into, right?

[Maria]

... true, an airborne collision WOULD only work in our favor...

----

----

... y'know, he COULD have the grace to act just a BIT surprised about the fact that we're currently his previously undefeatable army a new breathing hole.

Unless this is all somehow part of his master plan, asskicking-receiving and all.

----

[Ogami]

Right, here we go, everyone! We're showing him the fruits of our special training!!

[Maria]

From that special training, I have gained the strength to conquer my weaknesses.
Now, my eyes will reflect only your dying bodies.
Maria Tachibana. Remember that name. Spread it through Hell.

----
[Ogami]

U-Um. Y-You WERE talking to the demons, right, Maria? Please?

[Maria]

[Ogami]

----

----
[Ogami]

T-That's not an actual-

[Ogami]

... let's just kill some demons.

----

NEXT TIME: Actual non-filler non-introductory content! HUZZAH

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Apr 11, 2013

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
gently caress YEAH! Ogami was actually badass that update.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Yeah, but was that just because of Cutscene Privileges or has he actually improved?

Inneedofspellcheck
May 1, 2009
Complete METAL :black101:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Spirit Armor posted:

Is that a spirit-powered steam ushanka?

FrantzX
Jan 28, 2007

Maria posted:

From that special training, I have gained the strength to conquer my weaknesses.
:black101::black101::black101:

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
:hellyeah:

It is a good day in the LP subforum.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Maria posted:

:black101:

Now you HAVE to show us the other romantic paths- I want to see if Kanna and Kohran have anything like this!

if not, I'm retroactively changing my vote to Maria.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
... Maria was more badass in the original writing than in the commentary. And more disturbing.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Yay, an update! And it's EXTRA-AWESOME!

quote:

[Maria]

I take it that Maria got those lines for being the confirmed romance interest? You have to track down the other lines.

EDIT: Wow... it's been eight months since the last actual fighting!

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Oct 18, 2009

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Man, what happens if you pick the second choice.

quote:

:black101:

What did Iris do besides confusing the poo poo out of the demons by popping in and out?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

veekie posted:

What did Iris do besides confusing the poo poo out of the demons by popping in and out?

She did an impromptu vaudeville routine inside their heads.

Not figuratively, mind you.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Another great update SA, how long till the end of the game?

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Spirit Armor posted:

- Excerpt from the 1977 edition of "Samurai Spirits: The History of the Flower Division," written by M. Sunnyside.

* On the subject of property damage, Sunnyside is not exaggerating as much as one would think. Going five minutes without destroying a single building WAS a new world record as far as the Flower Division was concerned.
- L. Altair.
I love these. It's made me realize that the whole LP is a loving flashback.

Also, Maria is goddamned badass. THIS IS WHY WE VOTED FOR HER. (Well, that and she'd make Ogami miserable :v: )

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Glazius posted:

She did an impromptu vaudeville routine inside their heads.

Not figuratively, mind you.

Great, now that image is in my head...complete with appropriate costume...

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
That poor steam-powered Mini :ohdear:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

CannonFodder posted:

That poor steam-powered Mini :ohdear:

It's a mini. It deserved what it got :colbert: .

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

CommissarMega posted:

It's a mini. It deserved what it got :colbert: .

It deserved a steampunk Michael Caine, that's what it deserved! :arghfist::smith:

Ghost Car
Sep 14, 2009
Good God, I was sure that by the time I caught up with this thread the LP would be finished. I guess not.

Anyway, another long-time Sakura Wars fan here to say the usual things (i.e. "This LP is awesome" and "I registered because of this thread"). Also, I'm glad you're doing Maria's path -- she's always been my favorite of the Teikoku Kagekidan girls.

quote:

And with good reason. :swoon: (Kohran's a close second, though --I guess I just can't resist :science: and evil laughter?)

... because everyone really cares about that, I'm sure! Anyway, to summarize, I'm just here to add one more to the tally of people who think this thread is loving awesome and you should feel awesome.

(Also, I'm surprised Ohgami's SAN stat didn't hit rock-bottom long ago. I guess his general obliviousness protects him.)

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Ghost Car posted:

Good God, I was sure that by the time I caught up with this thread the LP would be finished. I guess not.

Anyway, another long-time Sakura Wars fan here to say the usual things (i.e. "This LP is awesome" and "I registered because of this thread"). Also, I'm glad you're doing Maria's path -- she's always been my favorite of the Teikoku Kagekidan girls.

And with good reason. :swoon: (Kohran's a close second, though --I guess I just can't resist :science: and evil laughter?)

... because everyone really cares about that, I'm sure! Anyway, to summarize, I'm just here to add one more to the tally of people who think this thread is loving awesome and you should feel awesome.

(Also, I'm surprised Ohgami's SAN stat didn't hit rock-bottom long ago. I guess his general obliviousness protects him.)

Ogami's player maxed out SAN at character creation. That said, kanna is still the most awesome.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

CommissarMega posted:

Ogami's player maxed out SAN at character creation.

He's certainly taken enough time to build up any sort of reasonable combat stats, if he even has them and they're not just from his new spiffy armor; I guess those character creation points must have gone somewhere. In short: I agree with your theory.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
Is it too late to actually switch to Kanna?

Inneedofspellcheck
May 1, 2009
with time machines nothing to late.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

CommissarMega posted:

Ogami's player maxed out SAN at character creation. That said, kanna is still the most awesome.

My theory is that he's just operating in a campaign where the GM is willing to grant SAN gain for even the tiniest successes.

You have successfully put your pants on, Ogami. Gain 1d3 SAN.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Actually, that one's kind of appropriate.

Your pants did not eat you today! Gain SAN.

With both Iris and Kohran having access to his room, anytime any object fails to devour, detonate, or otherwise destroy him, he deserves to regain a little sanity.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

King Doom posted:

Is it too late to actually switch to Kanna?

The lack of Kanna is my only regret about Sakura Wars V coming to America.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

The lack of Kanna is my only regret about Sakura Wars V coming to America.

Who IS going to be in S5 anyway? Anyone we know, or a whole new mob of... interesting characters?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

CommissarMega posted:

Who IS going to be in S5 anyway? Anyone we know, or a whole new mob of... interesting characters?

I think the main character is the nephew Ogami mentioned once or something.

Ghost Car
Sep 14, 2009

Narsham posted:

My theory is that he's just operating in a campaign where the GM is willing to grant SAN gain for even the tiniest successes.

You have successfully put your pants on, Ogami. Gain 1d3 SAN.

That actually makes a frightening amount of sense.

CommissarMega posted:

New mob of interesting characters. Possibly even more "interesting" than the ones in this game. Though yeah, the main character is indeed Ohgami's occasionally-referenced nephew.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Ghost Car posted:

New mob of interesting characters. Possibly even more "interesting" than the ones in this game. Though yeah, the main character is indeed Ohgami's occasionally-referenced nephew.

Poor kid.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Roger Explosion posted:

Poor kid.

Luck is heritable I guess. And maybe Ogami can write some advice to his nephew.

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
Dear Nephew,

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.
Give up now.

Love, Ogami

Mecha
Dec 20, 2003

「チェンジ ゲッタ-1! スイッチ オン!」

quote:

[Sakura]

But how can you derive any enjoyment from your job if the enemy isn't spurting blood every which way, Ogami-san?

quote:

"This ain't no Koubu, boy! No Koubu!!"

This is the bestest LP. :allears:

Also, with the level of goofy steam-powered stuff in the series, I can see a car that only explodes after being tapped being a big selling point:

"If you need a better car, go see Koh'!
If you want to go up in pride, when a Kouma taps you on the side, go see Koh', go see Koh', go see 'Koh!" *KABOOM*

Free trunk of nitroglycerine with every purchase, today only!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Mecha posted:

Free trunk of nitroglycerine with every purchase, today only!

Well, I'm sold- though I'm kinda looking for a boot, if you know what I mean, Kohran :pervert:.

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Nov 3, 2009

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos
*Peers about furtively*

I don't suppose it's time to try summoning again?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

veekie posted:

*Peers about furtively*

What is wrong with you people? Just let the dude work. Summoning. What the gently caress. making GBS threads up a man's thread with creepy fanart is not the way to engender goodwill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spellcheck
Oct 23, 2008

by angerbot

veekie posted:

*Peers about furtively*

i don't know if there is a spirit armor red materia.

• Locked thread