Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I just ordered both of those and the shipping was only 11 bucks. So I guess if you order more than one it's not too bad.

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Oct 16, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I wasn't thrilled paying $12.00 for the Dark Knight movies masters thugs ... so I really couldn't see paying $30 when all is said and done for a new head on that body and no accessaries.

However I did order Ray which was essentially Egon with a new head and ghost. And the two MOTU offerrings. So it was an expensive day.

I'll finish the busters but Walter Peck will be a pass.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Satsuki posted:

I'll finish the busters but Walter Peck will be a pass.

I'll get Peck because he comes with the Containment Unit.

Doc Faustus
Sep 6, 2005

Philippe is such an angry eater
Toys R Us is back to claiming they have the Admiral Adama figure in stock and ready to ship. I'm kinda tempted to order just to see what they send me.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

I'll get Peck because he comes with the Containment Unit.

Mattel did this on purpose, and I love/hate them for it. Plus the trap that comes with Winston will fit into the Containment Unit.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The Rage posted:

Mattel did this on purpose, and I love/hate them for it. Plus the trap that comes with Winston will fit into the Containment Unit.

Yeah, I love/hate them for it too. Bastards.

Containment unit! :3:

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

Doc Faustus posted:

Toys R Us is back to claiming they have the Admiral Adama figure in stock and ready to ship. I'm kinda tempted to order just to see what they send me.

I remember reading on another website that back when they had the Adama and Tigh up for order, someone ordered them, and just ended up getting the off duty Apollo and Boomer figures. I'm waiting until I hear confirmation from DST about the status of the figure before I risk ordering it.

Recently they said this: AS you have seen we’ve been hard at work re-configuring the BSG lines to find the best way to get product out as soon as possible to take advantage of whatever interest there is out there as well as be ready for the Plan and the series box set. As part of that we’ve re-configured what you refer to as the Leader wave or wave 4 has been canceled and a NEW wave 4 will be listed in the November issue of Previews. This new wave WIL contain characters that have not been done before. Following that will be a Cylon 2 pack listed in December Previews, giving more fans access to one of the most requested Cylons we’ve produced. AFTER that if sales hold we plan one final 2 pack which for all intents for us wraps up the line. There will potentially be some TRU lines in there as well- as long as sales hold. Look to the DST site in the next couple weeks for details and an updated guide on what can be obtained where.

Whether or not the TRU Adama will be released before or after this new leader wave, I have no idea. You think with how "easy" it was for them to release the new Boomer figure to TRU, they would just make the next TRU wave Adama, Tigh (whatever variants they want) and a Cylon (maybe the stealth version, or a non-battle damaged Mortar Pack unit.)

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Jace Madan posted:

I remember reading on another website that back when they had the Adama and Tigh up for order, someone ordered them, and just ended up getting the off duty Apollo and Boomer figures. I'm waiting until I hear confirmation from DST about the status of the figure before I risk ordering it.

Yeah, this happened to me too. I would be wary of ordering them, you'll probably end up with poo poo you don't want.

Doc Faustus
Sep 6, 2005

Colonel Whitey posted:

Yeah, this happened to me too. I would be wary of ordering them, you'll probably end up with poo poo you don't want.

I figured. I was mostly amused that Toys R Us apparently has NO IDEA what sort of inventory it actually has.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
I'm hoping you guys actually returned the merchandise instead of just eating the cost.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

New info from DST about BSG wave 4: http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/article.asp?ai=88095

I guess that confirms the mustache-less version of Adama will be the TRU version then, and since it looks like the eyepatched version of Tigh is coming in the 2-pack with Gaeta, we will get the eyepactch-less version at TRU along with the Adama.

Doc Faustus
Sep 6, 2005

I laughed pretty hard when I saw the Baltar figure. I'm glad we're getting baltar figure, but I hope that isn't the final head sculpt. Pretty suave way to salvage the work done for Pres. Adama, though.

So the next wave in general is Cain, Baltar, Adama. The next TRU wave is Adama, Tigh, and...?

Edit: please say Roslin is in the TRU wave. Characters who have been major players since episode one really need to get made.

Doc Faustus fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Oct 21, 2009

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Does anyone know what's going on with Mighty Muggs? Last I heard, TRU was going to be the only retailer selling them, but there hasn't been any new ones released that I can find. Did they stop making them?

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Mighty Muggs were the weirdest flash in the pan toy fad I think I've ever seen. They were HUGE for like 6 months and hasbro blew their load so fast with like 10 new ones a month, then one day they were all on sale and now they're nowhere.

All the other companies jumped on the bandwagon with vinyl-style toys for their lines as well, but were unfortunately too far behind. There's WWE, Halo, Hellboy, DC.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Fish Of Doom posted:

one day they were all on sale and now they're nowhere.

That's what I noticed, and figured it was because the retailers were trying to get rid of the old stuff, since they weren't going to get new stuff. I would have thought that something would have been released by now, since it's been a few months since TRU became exclusive.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I'm glad their day is done, to be honest. When there were rows and rows of them taking up shelf space in stores, so nothing else could be put in, that's what annoyed me. Nothing made me want one, even when they did Transformers.

AlkalinePunk
Oct 2, 2003

Your Mix: INFERIOR! Soundwave's Best of Emo: SUPERIOR!

quote:

Dear Mr. Horner:

Thanks for allowing me an opportunity to respond to your inquiry. We are most pleased to learn that you are such an avid fan of our Mighty Muggs collection.

I am happy to share that Mighty Muggs will be available in 2010; however it will not be available from all brand lines and will be store exclusives only. We are in the midst of working out the details and as soon as I have more information, I would be happy to let you know.

I hope this alleviates some of your concerns. I appreciate your patronage!

Warm Regards,

Kriss De Nardo

Senior Manager – Consumer Affairs

From the MM forum

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Oh man don't hate!
I liked em but I didn't want to get into another line.
I still would have bought Shipwreck for the little parrot mugg.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mods rename me posted:

Oh man don't hate!
I liked em but I didn't want to get into another line.
I still would have bought Shipwreck for the little parrot mugg.

The word is there's another wave of GI Joe set to come out once the movie poo poo dies down, another wave of tf once that movie hype dies down and 3 Marvel waves waiting in the wings.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I somehow have 26 Mighty Muggs. I... don't know what to say, other than Might Mugg Galactus is awesome.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Rhyno posted:

The word is there's another wave of GI Joe set to come out once the movie poo poo dies down, another wave of tf once that movie hype dies down and 3 Marvel waves waiting in the wings.

Word over at TFW is the next TF wave is Shockwave, Jazz, and Movie Optimus and Bumblebee.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I somehow have 26 Mighty Muggs. I... don't know what to say, other than Might Mugg Galactus is awesome.

Dude I have 67 of them.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I should have grabbed him when I had the chance. :( But it was either that or Doc Ock, and I stick by my decision.

Marvel Muggs were the only ones I wanted.

Whorehey
Jun 3, 2006
You saw it here first folks...
Went to my local comic shop like every other Thursday but I found that the Blackest Night figures had come out. I hadn't bought toys in a while because I haven't been able to find any of the newer DC Universe Classics lines. Well, I picked up one of each and they are fantastic. Atrocitus and BL Superman are especially gruesome. I'm very happy with my purchase.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

I saw the Human 3 3/4 inch Avatar figures today. They are in the "exact" 3 3/4 scale like the Playmates Star Trek figures, which means compared to GI Joe or Star Wars figures, they are much smaller, which is a shame because I would have bought all of the Military guys if they were in scale with SW or GI Joe.

Plus, they are like $9 and come with 1 accessory each, whether it be a helmet, wheelchair, tiny pistol or assault rifle, that's it, 1 accessory. The next aisle over I can get a GI Joe guy for $6 who is bigger and has like 6 or 7 guns and pieces of gear.

Jace Madan fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Oct 23, 2009

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

So my 6" Ray Stantz arrived today. Took him out of the packet aaaaand his legs are all twisted and bent at the joints (but not the natural way). Welp, I'm away for a long weekend so my call to Mattel has to wait till Tuesday. :(

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

So my 6" Ray Stantz arrived today. Took him out of the packet aaaaand his legs are all twisted and bent at the joints (but not the natural way). Welp, I'm away for a long weekend so my call to Mattel has to wait till Tuesday. :(

That is lovely as hell. Mine should be here later today, hopefully this isn't a line defect.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Rhyno posted:

Dude I have 67 of them.

Dude I have all of them.

Zodberg
May 22, 2008

by Fistgrrl
I grabbed a Boodhika. Kind of disappointing considering how long the wait for it has been - the "mouth" on the mask is barely visible (also the mask should be two pieces, nya), most of the articulation is meaningless since it's a set-stance. And in some weridness - on her right hand, her ring finger is bent over her middle finger. AND she doesn't even seem to have rings - she's supposed to have two!

Still, I might grab one of the line a week if my store doesn't sell out of them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Joe Fisto posted:

Dude I have all of them.

I refuse to buy anything related to Episodes 1-3 or else I would probably have all of them. The only ones I don't have that I want are Leia, Snowtrooper and the IJ Idol.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

I found the Marvel Universe gigantic battles figures at walmart today. They're about 12" tall and are actually painted really well, which is a surprise coming from hasbro. I almost bought the Giant Skrull pack and then saw the price: $27. Way too much for me, but some Marvel Legends fans might be interested in these.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Rhyno posted:

I refuse to buy anything related to Episodes 1-3 or else I would probably have all of them. The only ones I don't have that I want are Leia, Snowtrooper and the IJ Idol.

I'm totally the same way. I haven't missed a single non-episode 1-3 mugg except Duke (didn't want him). I also don't have the SDCC '09 Optimus Prime because it's just a regular Optimus w/sparkly paint. I saw that and immediately took him off my list.

I think I still have some episode 1-3 muggs simply because they came w/other sets that I bought complete (specifically the sets that included Qui-gon Jinn). I kinda wish they'd come out with more, but if they're going to be just store exclusive sets from now on, gently caress that.

I have however turned the ones I own into quite a display piece that I get compliments on constantly. I'll have to see about getting a picture.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Both of my Ray's arrived today. The 6" doesn't appear to have any problems with his legs, so I think The_Doctor just got a hosed up figure. 12" Ray is amazing though, the level of detail on the character up close is amazing. The electronic proton pack is really great and the goggles and opening trap he comes with are just icing on the cake.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I haven't seen any of Square's Play Arts figures discussed here, but I saw today that Toys R Us has started to carry them. I bought Kingdom Hearts Cloud, who is a very nice looking figure. Much better than the Advent Children version I got some time ago.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Fish Of Doom posted:

. I almost bought the Giant Skrull pack and then saw the price: $27.

Yikes. Well that's out

LtCrowley
Oct 13, 2008

by elpintogrande
I'm working on this at the moment:

For reference he's supposed to look like this:

And I'm planning on finishing the paintjob so he looks like this:

With a mind to hanging him off of this bad boy ala 'The Corpse':

(yeah, I'm not finished his coat yet so it's still looking pretty poo poo)

Anyway, I need some advice. The paint I'm putting on the corpse is acrylic, as specified earlier in this thread but it flakes off if I rub it too hard or it gets scratched.
Now, that's not a huge problem as he's only for display but I would like to make him a little harder wearing if possible.
Does anyone have any tips for something I can do to make the paint stick? Varnish or some kind of spray on resin seem like the best ideas but the problems are;

- I know nothing about either of those things.

- I don't want the finish to be too shiny - the paint's natural finish basically matches Hellboy's so I'd like to keep it that way if possible.

Phew.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

I use a Matte (ie not shiny) Varnish on most of figures to seal the paint and take down any glossiness on the figure. The kind I use is Winsor & Newton Galeria Matt Varnish, and you can get a 75 mL bottle at Hobby Lobby for like $5. Only apply 1 coat of it per day, and I usually do 2-3 coats.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

DCUC Wave 13

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj259/batmego27/BEETLE.jpg

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj259/batmego27/CHEETAH.jpg

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj259/batmego27/CHEETAH2.jpg

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj259/batmego27/CYCLOTRON.jpg

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj259/batmego27/CYCLOTRON2.jpg

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj259/batmego27/DEVIL.jpg

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj259/batmego27/NEGATIVEMAN2.jpg

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj259/batmego27/NEGATIVEMAN1.jpg

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj259/batmego27/WONDERGIRL.jpg

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj259/batmego27/SUPERBOY.jpg

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj259/batmego27/TRIGON.jpg

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Hot poo poo, that is loving awesome. And kudos for finally getting to have a complete Reign of the Supermen set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ogmios
Dec 2, 2004

Angry pumpkin, Japanese demon, dragon of avarice...

Fish Of Doom posted:

DCUC Wave 13

Awesomeness! Thanks for posting this!

To Contribute:

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2009_10/DCUC12MaryBatsonVar.jpg

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2009_10/DCUC12SpectreVar.jpg

Not sure about the glow in the dark Spectre, but I'm sure it will rock.

Ogmios fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Oct 27, 2009