Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I don't like the 1/30/31/35 numbers, so I wear 29 as well. 92 if I can't have it for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I'm thinking about getting a new mask done.

My current one:

I want to keep a similar theme, but I want to add a lot of blue to it.

The black parts of that have reflective red paint that shows up in certain angles, I'm thinking of doing that, but using blue, and making it a bit more visible. Then I'm getting a tribute to my dad who passed away in September on the backplate (no idea what sort of design im gonna use there yet).

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

gco posted:

So I'm thinking about trying a little experiment one of these weekends and see how well coloring pads/glove/blocker works on my own. I was leaning towards using a sharpie, but that'd only work for parts that are originally white. Then I thought maybe spray paint would be doable. If anyone has any ideas beyond those, I'd be glad to give them a shot when/if I decide to actually do this as long as it's reasonable. I'm probably going to do it with my glove and blocker first since they're illegal anyway and if I gently caress them up, it's no big loss because I have to like actually get legal ones for next year.

Sharpie is an absolute NO for many reasons already explained, but most of all: you won't get an even coat of color. You'll want to use more of a paint than an ink anyway: You want something to cover the substrate- not absorb into it.

Most spray paint will probably crackle/peel once it dries and is bent, plus will chip off and look like someone at the home depot decided to show off some new faux-techniques. These spray paints are designed to be protective coatings. Perhaps a VERY THIN COAT of spray paint will do the trick. But it has to be flat, not glossy. And that doesn't guarantee you'll get enough hide out of that coat.

Your last resort are fabric paints. These are obtained at michaels, jo-ann fabrics, or wherever. But your problems don't stop there. I don't have enough experience with this stuff but I'm guessing it probably it won't hold up to repeated abuse. I wouldn't recommend.

Doctor Butts fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Oct 13, 2009

Tim Thomas
Feb 12, 2008
breakdancin the night away
use vinyl dye

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...
I hate how all of the open hockey times in town have moved to the day. I could probably drive down to Peoria or Gilbert and find an acceptable time, but it's driving me nuts not being able to find a time to play. I'm getting close to just going to some Hockey Skills clinics just to keep myself in hockey shape.

As for numbers, I just don't like the number one in any sport to be honest. I find it to be arrogant at best and generic at worst, so I hope that I never need to wear that number. I currently wear 13, which was the number my father and one of my brothers wore when they were catchers. The next time I get a jersey, I'll probably go with 32, since that was the number of an old Gophers goalie who had the same name as me. Otherwise, I would consider wearing 15, 17, 31, 34, 35, 39, 44, 45, or 55. Out of those other numbers 34 would be in honor of Kirby Puckett and I just like the other numbers for some reason.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Last season one of my teammates had black gloves with red striping, it is against league rules to wear gloves that don't match your team's primary and secondary colors so he just took some black shoe polish and covered up the red.

Didn't run, as far as I know.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

The Mandingo posted:

it is against league rules to wear gloves that don't match your team's primary and secondary colors

This is singlehandedly the dumbest league rule I've ever heard.

Seriouspost.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Martytoof posted:

This is singlehandedly the dumbest league rule I've ever heard.

Seriouspost.
Ya, I mean really who the loving hell cares if your equipment doesn't match your team colors? I see one or two girls in my league who have bright pink gloves and think it's hilarious and awesome at the same time.

edit: And one guy with faded pink gloves.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Not to mention who has the kind of throwaway money to buy a new set of equipment for every team? God forbid you want to play for two teams on separate days :o:

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Not house leagues, NCRHA league rules :shrug:

Tim Thomas
Feb 12, 2008
i actually was part of the original decision to mandate that rule for DI in the ECRHA, which ended up pushing up to the NCRHA, so y'all can suck my balls.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

If the league wants to force me to have matching gear the league can buy me new equipment.

Tim Thomas
Feb 12, 2008
for reference the rule references skater gear. to my knowledge it was never applied to goalies, although to be honest it should have.

i know this is going to sound like ROLLER HOCKEY IS loving SERIOUS BUSINESS and all but this is the highest level of college roller hockey and a fair number of schools treat it like a varsity sport. we wanted to kind of force the league to get up to speed with the rhode islands, lindenwoods, and ubuffalos of the world.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Martytoof posted:

I have two questions for you

Sorry, I completed forgot I posted this. Normally I'd be up for it, but with class at 8 am on Friday, and me living in Winona, it makes it kind of hard. If you ever need a goalie for anything earlier than that, or even if it's that late on the weekend, let me know.

Polish
Jul 5, 2007

I touch myself at night

Zip! posted:

If the league wants to force me to have matching gear the league can buy me new equipment.

Or just give you a sharpie.

Hazed_blue
May 14, 2002

real_scud posted:

I see one or two girls in my league who have bright pink gloves and think it's hilarious and awesome at the same time.

edit: And one guy with faded pink gloves.
There are a few guys in my league that wear pink socks with their powder blue team jerseys. They're pretty good, too.

It's funny, but garish color choices are often an indication of skill. Goofy colors do not always have to accompany skill, but the reverse is almost always true. If we were talking about people this would be a completely racist thing to say.

Then there are the Russians and their shoelaces. You already have like 1 in every 10 players around the DC area that wear yellow laces. But if they're Russian? 1 in every 4.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Paulocaust posted:

Sorry, I completed forgot I posted this. Normally I'd be up for it, but with class at 8 am on Friday, and me living in Winona, it makes it kind of hard. If you ever need a goalie for anything earlier than that, or even if it's that late on the weekend, let me know.

Yo that's no problem at all. Just wanted to throw it out there :)

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead
For my number, I wear 78. Number I had in HS football, and pretty much every sport since.

Had my first ever ice game tonight, lost 4-3 with 25 SOG. Which isn't bad for me, considering I've skated 3 times total now in the last 5 months. With a break of 15 or so years in between.

As far as Roller goes, finished the session 5-1. 1st in the league, and playoffs next weds. Not my best session, with 34 GA, but the offense has helped me out.

Rick Grimes fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Oct 16, 2009

Adderholt
Jul 1, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
So I had a bit of a tragedy happen yesterday. Some crooked mother fucker stole my Koho 590's while I was moving. I'm trying to see this as a glass is half full kind of situation in that I get to buy new pads. My main problem is I'm very broke at the moment (college, woooo!), so I'm looking at goalie monkeys clearance section. Ideally, I'll be buying the Battram Fury Retros I've had my eye on about this time next year, but in the mean time I have $400-ish dollars to spend, help me make a decision fellow goon goalies.

*EDIT*
$500-$600, thanks mom!

Adderholt fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Oct 20, 2009

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

That's fuckin disgusting. Koho 590s were beautiful pads. Sorry for your loss :(

What size were your 590s? If you're used to an open leg channel then you can't really go wrong with a Rbk 8k. They'd last you a year and change until you can afford something better. The sizing is really limited though, and I hope you're not dead set on a colour scheme :(

I'd stay away from the Vamps since they don't look like they have much of a calf wing. Maybe go with the 7.8 X-Wings?

Adderholt posted:

*EDIT*
$500-$600, thanks mom!

Oh poo poo, well then I'm definitely recommending a pair of 9K or 8K RBK pads, depending on how much you actually want to spend. Not even used. I have the 8Ks and I can't recommend them enough. They're starting to show some wear, but I put them through their paces. Depending on how often and how hard you play, I think they'd be a really good pickup.

Of course, you can always go this direction :cool:

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Oct 20, 2009

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

Martytoof posted:

That's fuckin disgusting. Koho 590s were beautiful pads. Sorry for your loss :(

What size were your 590s? If you're used to an open leg channel then you can't really go wrong with a Rbk 8k. They'd last you a year and change until you can afford something better. The sizing is really limited though, and I hope you're not dead set on a colour scheme :(

I'd stay away from the Vamps since they don't look like they have much of a calf wing. Maybe go with the 7.8 X-Wings?

Oh poo poo, well then I'm definitely recommending a pair of 9K or 8K RBK pads, depending on how much you actually want to spend. Not even used. I have the 8Ks and I can't recommend them enough. They're starting to show some wear, but I put them through their paces. Depending on how often and how hard you play, I think they'd be a really good pickup.

Of course, you can always go this direction :cool:

I would recommend staying away from the Vamps. They were decent enough pads for the time, but senior level gear has really shot up in quality over the past few generations. At least go with the X-wings, since they have a better build quality and are a more modern design than the Vamps, which were based of of the Vaughn V1's.

Funkulous
Jul 15, 2005

by elpintogrande
Because my team only has one goalie, I volunteered to dress as back up (we need to have two dressed or we get a penalty - club team in the Pac 10). I'm playing with borrowed equipment, so things don't really fit that well, notably the chest protector. After taking a nice, hard shot off the shoulder last night I'd really like to look into getting a chest protector that fits well/ offers some better protection. Can anyone recommend a decently priced one that'll fit me well and not leave me feeling like my shoulder's going to explode if I take a shot in that area again? I'll probably end up picking up a full set of pads at some point after the season ends to keep this goalie thing going, but upgrading in segments would work best for me right now.

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead
code:
League#:963 WEDNESDAY INLINE HOCKEY GREEN 

Team name                        W   L   T Pts  Gf  Ga
------------------------------- -- ---  -- --- --- ---
CHEEKTOWAGA BLIZZARD*            5   1   0  15  53  35
ROMAN HELMETS                    4   2   0  12  48  28
VESPA                            3   1   2  11  40  32
BECKMAN                          3   1   2  11  33  29
TEAM ICELAND                     3   3   0   9  50  39
SONICS                           2   2   2   8  35  31
WHALERS                          2   3   1   7  30  35
RAMPAGE                          2   4   0   6  26  41
FLUR DE LE                       1   4   1   4  34  45
MOOSEHEAD                        1   5   0   3  26  60
Final regular season stats from the current roller session. Not a big fan of the 8 game sessions, I'd prefer they do 2 12s and a 16, as opposed to 2 12s and 2 8s.

Like I said, not my best play at all in those 6 games, even though we ended up 5-1. But we beat Beckman 9-1 in the playoff game to move on to the championship game this Weds. Finally had a good game where I could see the puck well and get in the right position to stop it. Hopefully I can do that again this upcoming week, heh.

HeroOfTheRevolution
Apr 26, 2008

Funkulous posted:

Because my team only has one goalie, I volunteered to dress as back up (we need to have two dressed or we get a penalty - club team in the Pac 10). I'm playing with borrowed equipment, so things don't really fit that well, notably the chest protector. After taking a nice, hard shot off the shoulder last night I'd really like to look into getting a chest protector that fits well/ offers some better protection. Can anyone recommend a decently priced one that'll fit me well and not leave me feeling like my shoulder's going to explode if I take a shot in that area again? I'll probably end up picking up a full set of pads at some point after the season ends to keep this goalie thing going, but upgrading in segments would work best for me right now.

Are you an ice or inline player? I have no idea about inline hockey, but honestly for ice hockey if you're buying on a budget and want new gear, then Reebok is the way to go. That stuff is great and it's cheap. If you want used gear, you can usually find good deals on that stuff too. Maybe not in the Pac-10.

Funkulous
Jul 15, 2005

by elpintogrande

HeroOfTheRevolution posted:

Are you an ice or inline player? I have no idea about inline hockey, but honestly for ice hockey if you're buying on a budget and want new gear, then Reebok is the way to go. That stuff is great and it's cheap. If you want used gear, you can usually find good deals on that stuff too. Maybe not in the Pac-10.

I play ice. I ended up going with the Nike Bauer supreme one95. It was a little more than I wanted to spend but I figured not getting bruised all over my arms/ shoulders was worth it. It's obviously still stiff as all hell given that I've only worn it on the ice once, but I really like it. I've never been disappointed with a piece of nike bauer gear, and it looks like this'll be no different.

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004
I'm looking into getting into hockey and specifically being a goalie this winter. I have no idea, however, how to get started or join a league or buy equipment or anything like that. Obviously I've never played goalie before but I am a former semi-pro soccer goalie and I'm super flexible. How do I "get in" to goaltending or whatever?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Well, I would recommend that if you're just getting into goaltending you might want to work on your stuff at pickups/shinnies/open skates. Less pressure on you, and you can practice things you want to work on without worrying about a score.

What I would so is make a list of every rink in your area, then drive or call around and ask when their shinnies are, and whether goalies play for free. Typically the answer should be yes.

As for gear, you'll get a lot of opinions on what to buy and it'll all depend on your budget. I would recommend a used set of gear over at GSBB (link should be in OP) or on Craigslist. You won't really want to buy anything older than 3 or 4 years unless it's in really good condition, and I would expect to pay between $200-400 depending on the age and condition of the pads. I think the same would apply for a pair of gloves.

It's been ages since I had to buy a pair of goalie pants, so I can't really tell you what to expect. I wear a really light but barely-padded pair of pants that I got for $20+ship and they're the best pair I've ever owned.

Your chest protector is really going to be a personal decision. Some people prefer bulky and super-protective, some prefer smaller more mobile but trade off protection. You'll probably be able to find a good protector that's a few years old. I wouldn't bother with the latest/greatest.

The two places I don't think you should skimp:

Helmet and Skates.

Your helmet is going to keep you alive. Don't buy a cheap plastic helmet no matter how protective or impressive it might look. I'm specifically talking about the Itech 1200s of the world. I wore an Itech 2500 which was a plastic helmet that most people consider to be on the bubble of acceptability. It was a lot sturdier than the 1200, and I didn't have any issuses with it, but it's your head and why would you want to take chances with your brain?

Your skates are what you'll be standing on for an hour at a time. They don't have to be fantastic, but don't go buy the cheapest oldest skates you can buy just because they fit. If you're going to buy skates from a store I would recommend you spend 10-20 minutes at the store just standing in them. Don't settle on them just because they fit on your feet while you're sitting down. Make sure the width is what you need, and if you feel any pain talk with the guy at the store who will probably give you some tips on lacing them up properly, or recommend you a different pair.

Get your skates first. Go skating at open skates while you're collecting the rest. You'll need to be a fairly competent skater to compete at any acceptable level. At the VERY LEAST you need to be able to hockey stop and skate backwards well. If you can't do that, you're going to have a terrible time between the pipes since that's more or less what you'll be doing for an hour.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

So once you have your stuff, just put it on and go play shinny. A lot. Just let players and other goalies there know that you're basically a first timer and they'll probably have a lot of advice for you.

Take all advice with a grain of salt. Especially from skaters. Listen to them when they tell you what you left exposed, but I would probably ignore them otherwise. If another goalie gives you some advice, that's probably a lot more reliable.

As for joining leagues, when you feel like you're happy with your progress, just call up the rinks around you and ask about beginner leagues. If you skate enough shinny you'll probably find players who play in leagues anyway. Ask around. It's mostly social at that point and there's probably not too much we can suggest that isn't going to be "call the rink and ask"

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004

Martytoof posted:

So once you have your stuff, just put it on and go play shinny. A lot. Just let players and other goalies there know that you're basically a first timer and they'll probably have a lot of advice for you.

Take all advice with a grain of salt. Especially from skaters. Listen to them when they tell you what you left exposed, but I would probably ignore them otherwise. If another goalie gives you some advice, that's probably a lot more reliable.

As for joining leagues, when you feel like you're happy with your progress, just call up the rinks around you and ask about beginner leagues. If you skate enough shinny you'll probably find players who play in leagues anyway. Ask around. It's mostly social at that point and there's probably not too much we can suggest that isn't going to be "call the rink and ask"

Thanks for all the advice :)

What's the price rundown on equipment, and where's a good place to get most of it? I've been looking at places like Hockey Life and skates are like 400 bucks.
Also, for shinny, goalies still show up in everything right?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Except for my pads, all the equipment I bought was through the classifieds section at GSBB (link in OP). I'm not sure what modern price rundowns are, but if you're not picky about colours and you don't mind going used I would expect something ROUGHLY like the following:

$200-400 pads (price is for a set obv)
$75-200 gloves (price is for a set)
$75-200 chest protector
$200-400 helmet
$100-200 skates (used obv)
$100-150 in extra expenses (goalie jock, velcro shorts, dangler, jersey, socks, etc).

Again, these prices are just a ROUGH guess on my part, and they're what I'd probably expect to pay for something. I'm fairly comfortable buying something that is five or six years old and smells like a skunk died in it. Just remember that dirt is easy to clean, and money doesn't grow on trees ;)

Check out clearance sections of hockey sites and don't ever buy anything at Hockey Life unless you just won the lottery. Whereabouts do you live?

I know the prices look daunting, but it really is an expensive hobby, and it's somewhat offset by the fact that you will likely never have to pay to play hockey again for as long as you're in the blue paint. If you count a $15 or $20 entrance fee, I can guarantee you I've made back my initial investment and then some. Still, it's a large chunk of change to hand over.

And yes, if you're on the ice playing goalie you'll be showing up in everything. Shinny is basically a loosely organized game without scorekeepers and refs.

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Oct 28, 2009

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004

Martytoof posted:

Whereabouts do you live?

I'm living in downtown Toronto.

Yeah, I'm not at all afraid of dirty poo poo. I work in the restaurant industry after all ;)

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Oh no kidding. Go to Duke's in Etobicoke. 3876 Bloor West, just off of the Kipling TTC stop. They've got an entire basement of used stuff, skates in particular. I'm not necessarily saying to buy pads and things from them, but I would probably go there to pick up my skates.

Plus while you're there you can go look up equipment you'll never be able to afford, like I do :v:

There's also a bunch of Play It Again Sports in the area you could look at, though I've never been to one in Canada, only in the States. No reason it shouldn't be similar.

I'm still tempted to say that you'll find better deals on the Goaliestore classifieds, but nothing beats being able to try on some gear locally.

Anyway, go check it out if you want, and if you're unsure of something just run it by us. Either that or go sign up for an account over at Goaliestore and post there. You'll probably get a ton more local replies. There are a lot of Toronto posters at GSBB.

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Oct 28, 2009

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Muy Picante rear end posted:

I'm living in downtown Toronto.

Yeah, I'm not at all afraid of dirty poo poo. I work in the restaurant industry after all ;)

I've never played goalie, but if you really want to get some good practice hit up the outdoor shinnys in the winter. From the shinnys I used to go to goalies were in very short supply and when goalies came out they got a lot of work and got progressively better each session. If you're near Bathurst and College the outdoor rink there does shinny a fair amount of the day in winter so definitely look into that.

Also, like Marty said Play It Again Sports is a great place to get good gear cheap. Other than skates and sticks that's where my parents/me bought a lot of my equipment through the years. My parents weren't bringing in huge dollars so it was really a good place. Fairly cheap prices on used but still in good condition equipment.

Also, I'm coming back to Toronto for Christmas and if you want want someone to go to shinny with or just take some shots on you I'd be more than happy to. I didn't bring my equipment out to school and I'm really jonesing to get back on the ice. I doubt I could teach you much about actually playing goalie, but I could show you some things skaters look for on goalies and try to expose and you could go from there.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Too bad you're not near Hamilton. We've got a Thursday night 11pm shinny where I'm consistently the only goalie. It's real beginner "hockey 101" level too for the most part :(

Took a point blank slapshot off the heel of my skate 30 minutes ago. Was a backdoor pass my defense didn't pick up. I had the point covered when he passed to the backdoor who unloaded just as I slid across the crease. It's not nutshot pain, but I think it might come close.

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Oct 28, 2009

HeroOfTheRevolution
Apr 26, 2008

Martytoof posted:

Your helmet is going to keep you alive. Don't buy a cheap plastic helmet no matter how protective or impressive it might look. I'm specifically talking about the Itech 1200s of the world. I wore an Itech 2500 which was a plastic helmet that most people consider to be on the bubble of acceptability. It was a lot sturdier than the 1200, and I didn't have any issuses with it, but it's your head and why would you want to take chances with your brain?

Itechs are pretty much the standard for goalie masks, but there are other companies as well. I wear a Sportmask Mage II (switched over from an Itech product a few years ago) and it's the best mask I've ever worn. The sight-lines are incredible and it doesn't extend down your neck and get in the way the same way normal masks do (but nor is it a goofy looking hybrid, Tim Thomas of the Bruins wears a Mage II with a custom cage and a unique wire neck-guard). I still have a cat-eye cage on it because it was legal and expected at the level I was playing at in Europe but for a new player you should get a normal cage, the risk of catching a stick butt in a cat-eye is there even if it's not too large. I would switch back to a standard cage if I had any idea how to get one for the Mage II, I'd have to call Sportmask I think (or if I played with any regularity anymore, I really need to get back on the ice).

It also didn't cost as much as a similarly priced Itech, which was a bonus if you're looking at it for a new goalie.

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!
I have a pair of Nike/Bauer XIV's I'd sell for cheap. Should work if you wear a size 11 or 12 shoe. They're not the best skates in the world but I used them for 3 years after a long hiatus.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

HeroOfTheRevolution posted:

Itechs are pretty much the standard for goalie masks, but there are other companies as well. I wear a Sportmask Mage II (switched over from an Itech product a few years ago) and it's the best mask I've ever worn. The sight-lines are incredible and it doesn't extend down your neck and get in the way the same way normal masks do (but nor is it a goofy looking hybrid, Tim Thomas of the Bruins wears a Mage II with a custom cage and a unique wire neck-guard). I still have a cat-eye cage on it because it was legal and expected at the level I was playing at in Europe but for a new player you should get a normal cage, the risk of catching a stick butt in a cat-eye is there even if it's not too large. I would switch back to a standard cage if I had any idea how to get one for the Mage II, I'd have to call Sportmask I think (or if I played with any regularity anymore, I really need to get back on the ice).

It also didn't cost as much as a similarly priced Itech, which was a bonus if you're looking at it for a new goalie.

Hackva's are really good affordable masks and you can normally get them from Don Simmons at a good price due to exchange rates.

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

Aniki posted:

Hackva's are really good affordable masks and you can normally get them from Don Simmons at a good price due to exchange rates.

I had to chuckle at their site when I was ordering my Summit7 blocker.

"US EXCHANGE RATE
NOW 0%
MASSIVE SAVINGS
FOR YOU! "

Join their Goalie World Forums and mention it when you're ordering for free shipping. I saved $140 over the local shops buying through Simmons.

Meatlong Football
Feb 11, 2008

I know it`s a longshot but are there any goalies here that are also eligible to play in University of Toronto intramurals (downtown toronto). My div2 intramural team has been short a goalie all year (our previous goalie is too self conscious to play, it`s true he sucks but we really didn`t care) and we`re playing against our substitute goalie next wednesday at 10:00pm. We play at varsity arena which is next to the ROM at bloor and university. We play loose to nonexistant forechecking and defensive systems and the defensemen are really our only strength. Games are two 15 minute periods scheduled within the hour block we have, no overtime.

Alternatively if that`s not possible could I borrow pads for one evening only, and I know how ridiculous that sounds I just hate losing by default.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnmaskedGremlin
May 28, 2002

I hear there's gonna be cake!
OK, I know we've discussed it in the past, but I want to re-affirm what I was thinking.

The guy who ran the roller team I played for last winter said they'll be playing again, and they want me to play goal. I wanted to get new gear then, now I'm definitely going to for this upcoming season. I went on goaliemonkey, and they still have the RX5's and RX7s on clearance. I'm going to just be playing roller/deck, And it's only $80 more to the RX7's. Even at $320, is it overkill, or would the better ones be...better?

• Locked thread