Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
X-Pac Heat is when a heel turns face and he's still booed months after the facts you dummies. Nothing about your stupid :smug: SMARKS ARE PROJECTING crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Satire Forum Mom
Oct 4, 2003
MY CUNT DRIPS BROWN REFUSE LIKE A DIRTY HOOKAH. PS. THE BACK OF MY THIGHS ARE RIDICULOUS - COTTAGE CHEESE ANYONE?
Are there any good podcasts that talk about ROH/Chikara/other indies? And by good, I like Wrestling Observer's radio show.

Also, is it really worth subscribing to the Observer? I have tons of time at work to listen to music/podcasts, but are the shows worth the 10 bucks a month?

Weird Uncle Dave
Sep 2, 2003

I could do this all day.

Buglord
If you like the free episodes of the Observer, your :10bux: just gets you a helluva lot more. Seriously, there's five or six hours of audio a week of just Bryan Alvarez (with or without Dave Meltzer), plus a few hours of other random stuff.

Sign up for one month, see if you can handle the Bryan overload (his style isn't for everyone, and IMO works a bit better in moderation), and if you have enough free time to listen to everything they put out.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I've been a subscriber for a few years and I'm very happy with my monthly tenbux. I actually find Dave Meltzer to get a bit annoying in larger doses but with Bryan doing daily updates, the Bryan and Vinny shows twice a week and, first and foremost Adam & Mike covering Japan and all kinds of stuff and the reincarnated Dr Keith show with Alan4L and Rob Naylor showing great promise. Rob Naylor is fantastic.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Yeah I find Observer is worth it, if only for the interviews & guests. I love hearing Lance Storms weekly/biweekly appearances. Plus, the Heyman interview they just had this week is incredible.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Satire Forum Mom posted:

Are there any good podcasts that talk about ROH/Chikara/other indies? And by good, I like Wrestling Observer's radio show.

Also, is it really worth subscribing to the Observer? I have tons of time at work to listen to music/podcasts, but are the shows worth the 10 bucks a month?

The shows can be really fun. When I signed up the latest show had just come out and it was recapping ECW, TNA Barbed Wire Christmas Tree episode & them reading parts the leaked TNA Script for January 2008 which I for some reason still have on my Computer.

Also if you want free Puro days after it happens all you have to do is go to the Moderated Wrestilng Section of the forum.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

HulkaMatt posted:

Also if you want free Puro days after it happens all you have to do is go to the Moderated Wrestilng Section of the forum.

Uh do you have to be a paying member for this?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

FishBulb posted:

Uh do you have to be a paying member for this?

it all comes with the site. You paid to post here, right?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

grody but still def posted:

it all comes with the site. You paid to post here, right?

Yeah its cool, I was just wondering if it was locked down or not.

PlasticSpoon
Apr 2, 2004
Is Michelle Mccool a necrophiliac?

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

PlasticSpoon posted:

Is Michelle Mccool a necrophiliac?

More like Jesus...able to make a dead man rise.

PlasticSpoon
Apr 2, 2004
Glad that was clarified.

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

What did Savage do post 1997 in WCW? (Macho Madness, Keibler, Slapping women?)

What did Lex Luger do post 1997 in WCW? (super Face vs. nWo?)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jagtpanther posted:

What did Savage do post 1997 in WCW? (Macho Madness, Keibler, Slapping women?)

What did Lex Luger do post 1997 in WCW? (super Face vs. nWo?)

Macho: Age in the Cage II vs Hogan, wearing wacky coats, bringing in Gorgeous George, and... uh..

Luger: Joined the Wolfpac, Turned on Sting, Pillmanized a bunch of arms, teamed with Buff Bagwell.

ColeM
Dec 23, 2007
New User Alert!

MassRayPer posted:

Macho: Age in the Cage II vs Hogan, wearing wacky coats, bringing in Gorgeous George, and... uh..

Luger: Joined the Wolfpac, Turned on Sting, Pillmanized a bunch of arms, teamed with Buff Bagwell.

And both couldn't wrestle to save their lives.

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President
why does cena keep getting boners during matches

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

Because he's gay for wrestlers.

Because he's gay for wrestlers.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Either a) his jorts don't fit and they create a comical illusion by bulging
or b) his jorts don't fit and oh baby

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Best question ever asked!

I'm guessing his boner is related to his magical healing powers.

Its like a Samson hair thing. If you stop his boner he can't heal up in 3 seconds.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

The Croc posted:

Best question ever asked!

I'm guessing his boner is related to his magical healing powers.

Its like a Samson hair thing. If you stop his boner he can't heal up in 3 seconds.

So how do you beat him? Choppy choppy his pee-pee or send in Mae Young to distract him?

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Thats just his Under Armour showing

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
What are some notable wrestlers that have criticized Bret Hart's handling of his WWF exit and the entire situation leading to the Screwjob? I am talking about his refusal to drop the title and generally his way of doing business and being "a mark for himself". I know Flair is quite negative on Bret but anyone else?

Judakel fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Oct 24, 2009

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Judakel posted:

What are some notable wrestlers that have criticized Bret Hart's handling of his WWF exit and the entire situation leading to the Screwjob? I am talking about his refusal to drop the title and generally his way of doing business and being "a mark for himself". I know Flair is quite negative on Bret but anyone else?

triple h/shawn michaels

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

triple h/shawn michaels

Michael Hayes and Pat Patterson have also been critical of his behavior, as have Kevin Nash and Scott Hall. They even joke about Bret specifying title reigns in his contract and taking lower pay than he was worth just so he could hold the belt.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Judakel posted:

The New Age Outlaws did too I think, but they weren't as harsh as other members of the clique and Vince's inner circle, but they did call him a mark for himself and for the belt. It's been a while since I watched that shoot though, so I'm probably a bit off.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Meat Recital posted:

The New Age Outlaws did too I think, but they weren't as harsh as other members of the clique and Vince's inner circle, but they did call him a mark for himself and for the belt. It's been a while since I watched that shoot though, so I'm probably a bit off.

They were pretty harsh, actually, with Road Dogg being particularly nasty about Bret's tendency to do the same thing every night. Like Road Dogg has ANY room to talk.

Honky Tonk Man has made similar criticisms, but he hates everyone so I don't know if he counts. Bad News Brown thought Bret was a mark for himself, too.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

CombineThresher posted:

as have Kevin Nash and Scott Hall

In such a way that they're almost just sitting there going "loving dork." it's hilarious.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Bad News Brown didn't like Hart either.

ColeM
Dec 23, 2007
New User Alert!

Judakel posted:

Bret is one of the most delusional wrestlers of all time! He actually thinks he is this "Big Canadian hero" and now look at him: he's a bitter old man who sits alone is his house all day long because no one wants to be around him. The fact that he still holds a grudge over the screw job is really sad. Shawn was a big rear end in a top hat too back in the day, but he has tried contacting Bret over the years to mend the fences, but he is still pissed off at him. I hate Hogan a lot, but Bret is up there too.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ColeM posted:

Bret is one of the most delusional wrestlers of all time! He actually thinks he is this "Big Canadian hero" and now look at him: he's a bitter old man who sits alone is his house all day long because no one wants to be around him. The fact that he still holds a grudge over the screw job is really sad. Shawn was a big rear end in a top hat too back in the day, but he has tried contacting Bret over the years to mend the fences, but he is still pissed off at him. I hate Hogan a lot, but Bret is up there too.

you've clearly never been to canada, they really do worship him like a big canadian hero.

ColeM
Dec 23, 2007
New User Alert!

you've clearly never been to canada, they really do worship him like a big canadian hero.

I am Canadian and no one gives a poo poo about Bret. Maybe back in the day, but no one cares about the broken, old man anymore. The only people that cared about Bret back in the day were Canadian wrestling fans. Ask anyone about Bret today, and you'll get a resounding "Huh?"

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

ColeM posted:

Ask anyone about Bret today, and you'll get a resounding "Eh?"

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
If I must die, I shall welcome Death as an old friend, and wrap mine arms about it.
Bret isn't still mad about the screwjob thing; he went to the Hall of Fame induction.

Probably sad that he's had a stroke and his brother died in a Russo Spot.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Commissar Ken posted:

In such a way that they're almost just sitting there going "loving dork." it's hilarious.

It is. If they weren't also huge marks for themselves, it'd be even funnier.

johnners
Mar 20, 2004

I'm Vince McMahon, DAMMIT

ColeM posted:

I am Canadian and no one gives a poo poo about Bret. Maybe back in the day, but no one cares about the broken, old man anymore. The only people that cared about Bret back in the day were Canadian wrestling fans. Ask anyone about Bret today, and you'll get a resounding "Huh?"

What province are you from. From what I read, Alberta still digs Bret, if you have been to an Atlantic Canadian show recently there was a massive "Bret" chant when DX was mentioned(for skipping out on the show, none the less).

We still dig him; you just don't like him.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Justice Grieves posted:

Bret isn't still mad about the screwjob thing; he went to the Hall of Fame induction.

He didn't want to do it if HBK was there. Michaels left the ceremony during Hart's induction.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

CM Junk posted:

He didn't want to do it if HBK was there. Michaels left the ceremony during Hart's induction.

Ok, that's kinda really childish.

Dragging Iron Feet
Nov 10, 2007

by T. Finn

CM Junk posted:

That was some of the most petty poo poo right there. Bret needs to get the gently caress over himself.

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

Dragging Iron Feet posted:

That was some of the most petty poo poo right there. Bret needs to get the gently caress over himself.

Bret's always been a mark for himself. He bought way too far into the "Hart Family" mystique. Regardless of whether you agree or disagree with what happened at SS 97, it's 200-loving-9. It's time to bury the goddamned hatchet or burn the bridge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Bret Hart just won't change

quote:

Bret "The Hitman" Hart Interview (58:40)

Nick introduced Bret Hart in this segment, and began by asking Bret where would he be without Professional Wrestling? Some of the highlights of the interview include Bret talking about Gorilla Monsoon and the impact he had on his career. Bret would also mention in the interview that HHH and Shawn are cancers to the industry when the three were talking about the entertainment side of the business. Bret then would compare himself to John Cena stating that he was always a company guy, much like Cena and all about the team effort. Nick would disagree with Bret on his statement about Cena, then Bret clarifies. Scott "NDX" (OWW Radio Producer) would join Nick in the interview asking Bret about the comparison of the territory days to the indies of today. The interview ran 25 minutes long and ended with Bret saying, "You're listening to OWW Radio."

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/bret-hart-calls-hbkhhh-cancers-to-the-industry-cena-88649

He is pretty much a one man :circlefap: