Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

The A-Team Van posted:

Bret Hart just won't change

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/bret-hart-calls-hbkhhh-cancers-to-the-industry-cena-88649

He is pretty much a one man :circlefap:

And since he won't change, he refuses to believe that other people can and have. He's openly mocked Shawn's religious conversion, and hinted that he believes HBK's just using it to try to force people to overlook his past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

tzirean posted:

And since he won't change, he refuses to believe that other people can and have. He's openly mocked Shawn's religious conversion, and hinted that he believes HBK's just using it to try to force people to overlook his past.

I dunno I mean, people do do that...

I'm just sayin!

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

FishBulb posted:

I dunno I mean, people do do that...

I'm just sayin!

Not denying that. But Bret seems to be, literally, the only person who knows or knew Michaels but is still questioning his new faith, and Bret hasn't spoken to him since well before his conversion.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
HBK is, was and always has been full of poo poo. His religious conversion does nothing to change this, and Bret is the only guy who is willing to publicly say what everyone is privately aware of. I'm not defending the guys bitterness or obsession over poo poo from last decade but HBK is a bag of douche. Now with Jesus Fish!

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Thanks to everyone who explained 'X-Pac heat." Although I felt like I understood what it was, for some reason the concept never gelled for me mentally. That's why I'm asking in a similar vein what it's meant to "Billy Gunn" something. For example, Maffew of Botchamania has expressed "I promise not to Billy Gunn this account." Although I've watched the video that was posted about it and was watching WWF regularly when he was part of New Age Outlaws/DX, this term just isn't gelling for me, either.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Thanks to everyone who explained 'X-Pac heat." Although I felt like I understood what it was, for some reason the concept never gelled for me mentally. That's why I'm asking in a similar vein what it's meant to "Billy Gunn" something. For example, Maffew of Botchamania has expressed "I promise not to Billy Gunn this account." Although I've watched the video that was posted about it and was watching WWF regularly when he was part of New Age Outlaws/DX, this term just isn't gelling for me, either.

Billy Gunn was a tremendous failure and was pushed a lot including winning King of the Ring and I think Jericho or somebody said something like that once about how he was such a failure so now his name is synonymous with failure.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

He won king of the ring, which supposedly should mean you embark on some sort of reign/push, but when Billy Gunn became KotR, he ended up doing gently caress all and looking like a complete dork. Then someone cut a promo about how he was going to win some title (kotr?) and he wasn't going to "Billy Gunn" his reign. All the while Billy Gunn stood on the ramp looking impotent.

So basically pissing away what should be a title reign. Or something.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

it was edge who cut the promo he promised he wasn't going to Billy Gunn his KOTR and he didn't :smug:

nyratk1
Jul 24, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

The Croc posted:

it was edge who cut the promo he promised he wasn't going to Billy Gunn his KOTR and he didn't :smug:

Billy Bitchcakes.

(Some of the best verbal beatdowns of a wrestler were at Billy Gunn's expense: not just Edge's "I won't Billy Gunn the title" but Rock's first "IT DOESN'T MATTER" promo)

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Croc posted:

Edge had already won KotR, and Billy came out to talk poo poo and say he was still the best KotR or whatever. Edge made fun of Billy because at the payperview they had just had, Gunn had been at WWE New York, not actually wrestling and/or mattering in any way.

Edge promised he would take the momentum from this victory and become someone who mattered, not a hopeless failure just two short years later.

Hence: "I will not "Billy Gunn" this title."

There. Now there is no doubt at all.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Edge also said that if he was a King of the Ring winner and his "extra special" job on the day of a PPV was to hang out at WWF New York, he would actually commit suicide.

My favorite suicide joke from Edge and Christian since their,"If JFK hadn't been assassinated he would have killed himself rather than stay in Dallas one day longer," promo from a PPV that was IN DALLAS!

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

My favorite suicide joke from Edge and Christian since their,"If JFK hadn't been assassinated he would have killed himself rather than stay in Dallas one day longer," promo from a PPV that was IN DALLAS!

Well, it wouldn't have made much sense if they weren't in Dallas.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

johnners posted:

What province are you from. From what I read, Alberta still digs Bret, if you have been to an Atlantic Canadian show recently there was a massive "Bret" chant when DX was mentioned(for skipping out on the show, none the less).

We still dig him; you just don't like him.

Bret was at ROH in July and the place went absolutely nut for him.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Chilly McFreeze posted:

Well, it wouldn't have made much sense if they weren't in Dallas.

What if they were in Martha's Vineyard?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The Berzerker posted:

Bret was at ROH in July and the place went absolutely nut for him.

yeah but they go just as nuts for bobby dempsey so you can't base anything off that

Supreme Allah posted:

HBK is, was and always has been full of poo poo. His religious conversion does nothing to change this, and Bret is the only guy who is willing to publicly say what everyone is privately aware of. I'm not defending the guys bitterness or obsession over poo poo from last decade but HBK is a bag of douche. Now with Jesus Fish!

he's done nothing but put over guys in the past few years so i'd like to know what you're basing this off of.

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Oct 25, 2009

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

quote != edit

El Axo Grande
Apr 2, 2005

by T. Finn
Bret Hart is such a bitter mark that I wonder if Bret called Shawn after the McMahons vs HBK and God match to ask him how it felt to be abandoned by someone you always trusted

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Dylar Addict posted:

Bret Hart is such a bitter mark that I wonder if Bret called Shawn after the McMahons vs HBK and God match to ask him how it felt to be abandoned by someone you always trusted

Weren't they trying to bring Bret back for that match?

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Thanks all, that makes perfect sense. I realize my lack of understanding was based on not even remembering Gunn wining KotR, much less anything else. Which I suppose is also an example of his overall failure (or that of my memory's). Sort of makes me think his win was what made KotR not matter anymore.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Thanks all, that makes perfect sense. I realize my lack of understanding was based on not even remembering Gunn wining KotR, much less anything else. Which I suppose is also an example of his overall failure (or that of my memory's). Sort of makes me think his win was what made KotR not matter anymore.

It's by no means a bad thing to know less about wrestling than the rest of us.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sort of makes me think his win was what made KotR not matter anymore.

Edge won it after him, so Billy can't even take credit for that!

Billy was just another good example of how the King of the Ring was a useful tool for giving a push to a guy ready for the main event as opposed to making a guy ready for the main event purely by virtue of "winning" it.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

CombineThresher posted:

It's by no means a bad thing to know less about wrestling than the rest of us.

The IWC does need its jobbers.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
Ok this might be FILES but I am willing to risk it. Does anyone have this episode of Smackdown? I know, it's a bit of a stretch.

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/results/smackdown/030612.html

I was in the 3rd row for this taping and I want to see my handsome face on video again.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

ultimateforce posted:

Ok this might be FILES but I am willing to risk it. Does anyone have this episode of Smackdown? I know, it's a bit of a stretch.

I was in the 3rd row for this taping and I want to see my handsome face on video again.

This is WH2K. You wanna be in a video then go rob a liquor store.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

I am not Booker T.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

ultimateforce posted:

I am not Booker T.

Are you sure?

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

I haven't broken any boxes open and found pictures of Scott Hall recently, so no.

nyratk1
Jul 24, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

ultimateforce posted:

quote:

# MATCH: John Cena vs Funaki..

* John Cena cuts his usual anti-'insert local city' rap promo also cutting down Funaki..
* Funaki gets on the mic and does his own little rap, then does the robot dance, then gets killed...

I don't remember the robot dance...:smith:

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
What does "do/if you smell what The Rock is cooking" even mean or refer to?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Jetfire posted:

What does "do/if you smell what The Rock is cooking" even mean or refer to?

I believe it means the same thing as "you know what I'm saying?"

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I believe it means the same thing as "you know what I'm saying?"

I believe it is just a more efficient way of saying: "Dost thou know what I am preparing for thy future?"

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

ultimateforce posted:

I am not Booker T.

Booker T robbed a Wendy's :colbert:

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

And thats why he isn't Booker T, hes Booker t!

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

The Croc posted:

And thats why he isn't Booker T, hes Booker t!

Just don't call him booker because then everybody in the back would hate him!

Deranged Hermit
Nov 10, 2004

by Tiny Fistpump

Moose Bigelow posted:

Just don't call him booker because then everybody in the back would hate him!

Even if he loses his T to Ahmed Johnson?

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Deranged Hermit posted:

Even if he loses his T to Ahmed Johnson?

Haha, I forgot about that little story. A fat, out of shape, Ahmed Johnson fighting Booker T over the rights to the letter T.

Only in WCW (and maybe tna)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Karmine posted:

Booker T robbed a Wendy's :colbert:

Correction, Booker robbed Wendy'ses, and the first one he robbed was the one he worked at!

AND HE WAS WEARING HIS UNIFORM WHEN HE DID IT!

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Jerusalem posted:

Correction, Booker robbed Wendy'ses, and the first one he robbed was the one he worked at!

AND HE WAS WEARING HIS UNIFORM WHEN HE DID IT!

a booker rob he own wendy's

a shameful booker

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
This thread is like a cauldron of racism. Let's talk about Bret Hart again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Judakel posted:

This thread is like a cauldron of racism. Let's talk about Bret Hart again.

GODDAMN CANADIANS! :argh: