Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Looking for a practical commuter which stands slightly out in a crowd? And also has a bit of grunt for the highway?

Meet the 500hp Millyard Viper V10:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LrNRJ9GDf0

Ola fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Oct 19, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Someone like Performance Bikes should've reviewed that bike instead. I wanna see it up on its back wheel and screaming.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Went riding with RevDrMosesPLester and Ripoff from the bieks irc channel. I've been lending my bike out to all these freeloaders lately so my bark busters are nice and bent down. (Actually it was pretty much my girlfriends sister that did that but anyway..) Gotto find a warm place and replace the piston, rings, and timing chain assuming the valves are still good.

Ah yeah, it was about 25 degrees when we got there hence the ski gloves, sweatshirt, flannel lined jeans etc.

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.
Anyone else find it funny that the torque from turning the engine over nearly knocked the bike over?

UserNotFound
May 7, 2006
???

Revenant.Eagle posted:

Anyone else find it funny that the torque from turning the engine over nearly knocked the bike over?

Dammit, beaten! I actually rewound it right at that point: "Wait, did that just happen!?"

sw0cb
Feb 18, 2007

Ola posted:

Looking for a practical commuter which stands slightly out in a crowd? And also has a bit of grunt for the highway?

I thought this was so awesome until I realized there is no way this thing has more than a 20 mile range till its empty.

UserNotFound
May 7, 2006
???

sw0cb posted:

I thought this was so awesome until I realized there is no way this thing has more than a 20 mile range till its empty.

That's still like... 7 minutes of pure awesome!!!

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.

UserNotFound posted:

Dammit, beaten! I actually rewound it right at that point: "Wait, did that just happen!?"

I did the same double-take myself. I though he just lost his balance but then I realized that it was at the same moment he thumbed the starter.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
It has interesting brakes, too...

It's funny though, the sound of the viper seems almost mundane.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

That reminds me of this trike I saw this weekend at Biketoberfest in Daytona. Everywhere you look you see all these Boss Hoss 502 trikes. I think they're really stupid, but out of the corner of my eye driving down the road, I saw a trike with two 502 V-8's.

Terminal
Feb 17, 2003
The Void

T-Square posted:

That reminds me of this trike I saw this weekend at Biketoberfest in Daytona. Everywhere you look you see all these Boss Hoss 502 trikes. I think they're really stupid, but out of the corner of my eye driving down the road, I saw a trike with two 502 V-8's.

I never did get a picture, but I still have burned in my mind the image of a giant trike with dual 502's, a regular driver's seat, and two passenger seats in the rear next to the wheels. It was like some sort of mecha-trike. I actually had to pull over to laugh after it passed going the other way.

AkrisD
Sep 2, 2004
olololol '04 newb hurrrrrrr

Ola posted:

And like the Viper from whence it came, you can still burn the poo poo out of your leg getting out/off.

sw0cb
Feb 18, 2007
Actually, does anyone have an idea whats its real fuel range is actually like? I'm really curious.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Dual-sport anyone?

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Slim Pickens posted:

Dual-sport anyone?

That frame looks very sturdy and safe.

UserNotFound
May 7, 2006
???

sw0cb posted:

Actually, does anyone have an idea whats its real fuel range is actually like? I'm really curious.

Well, it's probably at MOST 1/3 the weight of the car, and even with tiny throttle openings, that engine is going to make crazy amounts of power for a bike. If you could restrain yourself to riding it like your own bike, you might see 25-30mph.

I am pulling this out of my rear end

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

The fuel range on the V10 is probably quite big, I'd say 400 miles. MPG, probably 10-12.

sitting on a trailer on the way to the bike show

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Slim Pickens posted:

Dual-sport anyone?

I have to admit - I like it. :sweatdrop:

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Slim Pickens posted:

Dual-sport anyone?

Pfft, an R1? Not trying hard enough.

04 ZX-10R. Suzuki RM front end, KTM rear wheel, custom CF combined tank/seat unit, combined engine/radiator mounts/guards. This was made by the local motorcycle suspension guy in Canberra. His other custom bike is an FZR400 with a 900 Fireblade motor, R1 front end with a CF wheel and custom CF bodywork.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
That front brake suddenly seems woefully inadequate. :xd:

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe
Thats exactly what I was thinking, needs a sumo-sized front brake for sure. Despite the awesomeness of the zx10 dualsport, I like the R1 better because of how gnarly it looks. It's a mad max bike.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-DuzXcQ4qM

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Oct 23, 2009

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Slim Pickens posted:

I saw a video of that somewhere. I think it has something like a 50 cc engine just to act as a starter for the rest of the thing.

EDIT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXGYWSIePf4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ratfuML9QA

waptang
Nov 30, 2003

Slim Pickens posted:

Story behind the first? And the second leaves me at a complete loss for words.

Legerdemain
May 3, 2007

Maybe there's something wrong with me, Nanny.

Slim Pickens posted:

You could play a hell of a game of scattergories with this.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS

Slim Pickens posted:

What the hell is going on here? Why are there boots hanging up on the bike, and does he have blood on his leg? He looks like a guy I know who rides though, which is making it pretty hilarious to look at.

Tipped
Jan 9, 2007

Is that a cap gun the holster?

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

waptang posted:

Story behind the first?

Watch out for banana peels.

And I think that's ketchup on his leg in the second.

(just found these on jockey journal, don't have any backstory)

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Oct 23, 2009

RichBomb
Nov 16, 2004
a strange and terrible saga
Ultra slo-motion Isle of Man hotness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRpHJlaG_-U

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

RichBomb posted:

Was this necessary?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRpHJlaG_-U#t=3m03s

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

MetaJew posted:

Was this necessary?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRpHJlaG_-U#t=3m03s

Was for me :fap:

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

007 kawasaki ninjs 250 has a clean cali title needs all body work exept tail pice needs gage cluster and key switch, has 8,000 miles on it this bike is still worth $3,000 male me an offer on it call for more in fo or to come look at it

hahahahaha...

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004
HEY ILL HAV 2 TXT U L8TR I JUST DROVE IN 2 A DAYCARE AND SCRATCHED MY RAZR
What the bloody gently caress makes you lose all the god damned bodywork to a bike?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

dietcokefiend posted:

What the bloody gently caress makes you lose all the god damned bodywork to a bike?

Trying to sell a stolen and partially parted bike.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

dietcokefiend posted:

I'd bet it was stolen and stripped. Bust the key cylinder to start the bike, ride it wherever, and then pull all the plastics. That's the downside to a shiny new bike, even a 250...plastics are hard to trace and fetch a drat good price.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

RichBomb posted:

I was pleasantly surprised by the awesome sidecar and flaming pipes guy.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Z3n posted:

I'd bet it was stolen and stripped. Bust the key cylinder to start the bike, ride it wherever, and then pull all the plastics. That's the downside to a shiny new bike, even a 250...plastics are hard to trace and fetch a drat good price.

He has the title though, that's the weird part.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Sloppy posted:

He has the title though, that's the weird part.

Why wouldn't he have the title? It was stolen, and they busted the lock. Of course he has the title, he still owns the bike. Who knows how or what was involved in recovering it, but I've had friends who have gotten stolen bikes back in similar condition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

quote:

007 kawasaki ninjs 250 has a clean cali title needs all body work exept tail pice needs gage cluster and key switch, has 8,000 miles on it this bike is still worth $3,000 male me an offer on it call for more in fo or to come look at it

:gay:

How much is one in good condition?

There's a guy in Clarksville that was selling an absolutely trashed '86 Interceptor for like $2k and it made me sad because NO LOWBALLERS. :rolleyes: