Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cronus
Mar 9, 2003

Hello beautiful.
This...is gonna get gross.

Captain Controversy posted:

I want the crew to call Guts on board to deal with the ghost pirates and the first expression on his face we see is an exasperated roll-eyes.

Preview of the new episode is fairly close to this, actually!

Except he chops one of the ghost/pirate/monsters in half and while brandishing the dragonslayer says 'So, wanna eat some of this?' :smug:

There is a break for the next episode, no idea how long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming
Link to the preview?

Cronus
Mar 9, 2003

Hello beautiful.

Niddhogg posted:

Link to the preview?
Here ya go. Easier to link here rather than reupload to hosting elsewhere.

http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=11160.0

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Cronus posted:

There is a break for the next episode, no idea how long.
:argh:

Latest episode isn't out yet and blue balls already!

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming
ignore this

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

3 chapters and then into another indefinite break? That sounds about the usual schedule, yep.

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
evil-genius 309
Just when it was getting good...

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Well that was badass as gently caress.

Strabo4
Jun 1, 2007

Oh god, I'm 'sperging all
over this thread too!

I forget. Does the 6 month break occur after this issue or the next one?

And yes, very awesome. Hopefully he can butcher this thing in a chapter hahahahahahahahaha

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Gee, I wonder what kind of imagery Miura was trying to invoke with those monster designs.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Nate RFB posted:

Gee, I wonder what kind of imagery Miura was trying to invoke with those monster designs.

Miura is an equal opportunity horrific monster-on-person assault artist. :)

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Nate RFB posted:

Well, one must keep in mind that monsters in Berserk are both constructs of human myths and beliefs and the collective human subconscious; humans have a lot of crazy sex-related stuff going on in their psychology...

OG17
Oct 6, 2002

IF I AM TROLLING REPORT ME!

Nate RFB posted:

drat, the sea is awesome!

Sailors being eaten left and right. Here's Guts chilling out below deck, moseying on over to his big entrance, standing around thinking of a zinger. Good Job Guts.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Huh? Who is this new guy? I don't remember him! :confused:

insaine
Aug 29, 2006
Finally back to the goods. Hopefully the break isn't too long

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It boggles my mind how long it took for the last arc/chapter to finish.

'Hawk of the Millennium Empire Arc' started in chapter 179, back in December 2001. 'Chapter of Falconia' itself started in chapter 236, back in 2004.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Oct 25, 2009

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nate RFB posted:

It boggles my mind how long it took for the last arc/chapter to finish.

'Hawk of the Millennium Empire Arc' started in chapter 179, back in December 2001. 'Chapter of Falconia' itself started in chapter 236, back in 2004.

God knows how long will it take for this manga to finish.

I'd say there's gonna be just one or two more arc though.

hog wizard
Feb 16, 2005

by angerbeet

Zorak posted:

Well that was badass as gently caress.

100% agree.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Nate RFB posted:

That's not that bad, looking at how old the series and how many Arcs/ Chapters we've actually gone through.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
I can find the clit thanks to Berserk. The monsters keep getting more and more vagina like. Still an awesome chapter though.

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

Miura: Finally, here's what you've been waiting for all year, Guts is going to be back in action!

Now wait until next year to actually see it!

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Captain skeleton with mustache is coming pretty close to :yohoho:

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Elentor posted:

God knows how long will it take for this manga to finish.

I'd say there's gonna be just one or two more arc though.

Well they gotta get back to Midland, show how awful Griffith makes the world as king (That's five arcs right there with multi page spreads of demon orgy how hosed up can we make this poo poo? stuff) Guts is gonna have an episode with his armor so they'll have to contain that, then we get to the Griffith and Guts fight, followed by or preceded by the battle with the Godhand, couple origin chapters for the Godhand, and Skull Knight. I think we need to resign ourselves to hoping our children's children see the end of this, provided Muira passes his work on.

I also as I typed this realize how hosed up it would be if Griffith got Charlotte pregnant.

:gonk:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Also funny is that due to the slow release schedule in Japan, Dark Horse should catch up to the latest tankoban release (volume 34) in 2010. I would guess around April or so.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Oct 26, 2009

Cronus
Mar 9, 2003

Hello beautiful.

Nate RFB posted:

Also funny is that due to the slow release schedule in Japan, Dark Horse should catch up to the latest tankoban release (volume 34) in 2010. I would guess around April or so.

I'm hoping DH opens things up for subscription where the episodes are translated and made available online as they release in Japan - I think Viz has been doing that for a while for some series and it would be great with Berserk.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Cronus posted:

I'm hoping DH opens things up for subscription where the episodes are translated and made available online as they release in Japan - I think Viz has been doing that for a while for some series and it would be great with Berserk.

With anime yes, with manga generally no

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
He's taking a 6 month break are you kidding me

Has anyone compiled every single break he's taken over the last two decades

Zexerous
May 5, 2006

No Alibi. No Justice. No Dream. No Club.

Relin posted:

It'll have probably been about 10 years.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Relin posted:

Maybe he's been plotting really hard this whole time. Like, really, really hard.

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

Relin posted:

Actually no one has a clue how long the break is as the chapter just says "continued next time" or whatever. All that means is that the break is "indefinite". I think the longest has been like 4 months? I can't remember though.

At a rough guess though I'm gonna estimate January or February for the next chapter...then another 2 in the month following that and then a break.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Mr. Deathy posted:

Actually no one has a clue how long the break is as the chapter just says "continued next time" or whatever. All that means is that the break is "indefinite". I think the longest has been like 4 months? I can't remember though.

At a rough guess though I'm gonna estimate January or February for the next chapter...then another 2 in the month following that and then a break.

Someone made an excel spreadsheet of some sort on the Skullknight site and it was over a year for a single break.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:
Those ero games sure help with some inspiration over those long periods of time developing the plot!

Anyway, last chapter was great though I wish we'd have seen more of Guts. Next one should be good fun. And I don't miss the griffith 2 page spreads.

Cowboy
Nov 7, 2004

it was ok until she started peeing on me

GoldenNugget posted:

Those ero games sure help with some inspiration over those long periods of time developing the plot!

Anyway, last chapter was great though I wish we'd have seen more of Guts. Next one should be good fun. And I don't miss the griffith 2 page spreads.

Don't worry, that is all we'll get of Guts for 2 years. This next fight will last 4 pages and the rest will be everyone staring at how pretty Griffith is.

T. W. Forsthye
Aug 27, 2009
I'd like to discuss the early Lady Farnese but everyone seems to be caught up with the most recent release, so before I start blathering about the forgotten ancient history of volume 18 I must ask if such things are permissible. Are such things permissible?

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
To bump this thread to first page without any info on the next release is truly a most cruel thing to do.

canned_fruit
Feb 4, 2008

T. W. Forsthye posted:

I'd like to discuss the early Lady Farnese but everyone seems to be caught up with the most recent release, so before I start blathering about the forgotten ancient history of volume 18 I must ask if such things are permissible. Are such things permissible?

No this is not permissible. In fact you will be banned for this post alone, along with I who replied to it.

Of course you can talk about it what do you want to discuss?

Gwynne
Oct 24, 2004
I'm a gnome
I bought a new copy of the 20th Anniversary Berserk issue of Young Animal with all its extras. I found it on ebay and the price seemed reasonable, but he lives in Japan so the shipping was a killer. I'm still waiting for it to arrive however the guy seems to have more. He put this up after I payed for mine, but the price went up.

Thought I would share in case anyone here was interested.

T. W. Forsthye
Aug 27, 2009

canned_fruit posted:

No this is not permissible. In fact you will be banned for this post alone, along with I who replied to it.

Of course you can talk about it what do you want to discuss?

I should have known the terrible price for such appalling insubordination. I humbly and willingly submit to punishmWHAAAT THE gently caress

But seriously, Farnese. Surely a perfect example of Miura's dynamite characterizations. Twisted horribly by an aristocratic independent youth, barely sane, raised to stature as an adult, no knowledge whatever of responsibility, eternally baby-sat by Serpico and on "cruise control" for much of her life until the moment she encounters Guts' viral personality alone in that interrogation. He's the one in shackles, yet with a few words he binds her and she struggles vainly against his influence. As time passes he continually undercuts, or should I say overrules, her extremely narrow perspective. Then once tasked with seeing after Casca the first glorious blossoms of personality appear. Miura's dictation of this journey, and the horrors and wonders that confront her, is utterly captivating.

Furthermore the way she keeps hiding under covers is so frickin cute i can't stand it.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
Leave it to ADTRW to find the 'moe' in Berserk. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Fire Down Below: Crab Company 2
Am I to understand correctly that the emperor of the Kushan Empire turned into a loving magic sparkle tree? I miss huge mile long feet stomping armies...