Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RichBomb
Nov 16, 2004
a strange and terrible saga

8ender posted:

I was pleasantly surprised by the awesome sidecar and flaming pipes guy.

I was digging the dude with no tires on the ground leaned over farther than I ever will be on a bike.

That and watching the suspensiony bits bounce around and bellypans a flappin in the wind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Z3n posted:

Why wouldn't he have the title? It was stolen, and they busted the lock. Of course he has the title, he still owns the bike. Who knows how or what was involved in recovering it, but I've had friends who have gotten stolen bikes back in similar condition.

Oh, I thought you meant the thief was selling it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Only registered members can see post attachments!

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
This actually works really well

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Doctor Zero posted:

:gay:

How much is one in good condition?

There's a guy in Clarksville that was selling an absolutely trashed '86 Interceptor for like $2k and it made me sad because NO LOWBALLERS. :rolleyes:

I think you'd be lucky to pull in $3k for an immaculate '07. More like $2500-$2700 in Cali. That thing is probably worth under a grand at that point.

Raven457
Aug 7, 2002
I bought Torquemada's torture equipment on e-bay!

Phat_Albert posted:

This is pure awesomeness.

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working

picture of the day on bikepics.com

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

rifles posted:

The worst part?

Tank bra. :rolleyes:

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

rifles posted:

I don't understand this branch of the motorcycling community :(

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe
So is that samurai's helmet supposed to look like a turkey's head with the guy's face mask as a big red wattle or am I way off base here? :confused:

VV - Yeah, that makes more sense, but what an unfortunate color for the mask and a very :downs: looking falcon.

Nuevo fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Oct 28, 2009

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Boat posted:

So is that samurai's helmet supposed to look like a turkey's head with the guy's face mask as a big red wattle or am I way off base here? :confused:

It's a Hayabusa, which means Peregrine Falcon in Japanese. I'm 90% sure it's supposed to be an anime samurai peregrine falcon. But I could be way off base.

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004
HEY ILL HAV 2 TXT U L8TR I JUST DROVE IN 2 A DAYCARE AND SCRATCHED MY RAZR

rifles posted:

Oh cool, I love TMNT stuff. Is that Shredder?

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004
Police stunta: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxyBsgSDMow&feature=related

Sv650's cant wheelie :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Oqq9TtgzCA&feature=related

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

rifles posted:

All men fear the mighty chicken samurai.

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004

Samurai on a Busa

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

:3:

4/20 NEVER FORGET
Dec 2, 2002

NEVER FORGET OK
Fun Shoe

Drunk Pledge Driver posted:

Samurai on a Busa

I see this guy at least once or twice a week. This is in Portland, OR. Usually he is wearing a full set of samurai armor as well.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

Phat_Albert posted:

This shirt is a ruler's shirt

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
But then it's sold by the mohawk-wearing crowd. They're not as bad, but still. :sigh:

http://www.pjsparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=485

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

4/20 NEVER FORGET posted:

I see this guy at least once or twice a week. This is in Portland, OR. Usually he is wearing a full set of samurai armor as well.

like actual samurai armor of leather and bamboo? now that i need pics of.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

4/20 NEVER FORGET posted:

oh good, so it's not weird or anything.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Slim Pickens posted:

All men fear the mighty chicken samurai.

the gently caress?:wtf:

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Retarded Pimp posted:

the gently caress?:wtf:

It's a carbureted, blown V8 with just enough wheels & trimmings attached to make it a "motorcycle." I think attempting to ride it would cause you to die and/or get sucked into the carbs. Judging by that watermark in the corner it's an eBay auction picture, so I'm really interested to know who was selling it, how much it was going for, and when the funeral for the winning bidder is.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You think that's weird?

I imagine it's like riding a big, fast, poorly-handling scooter.

bung
Dec 14, 2004

Kickboxer – Subaru WRX Powered Motorcycle Concept

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

That's pretty loving cool, but I can't see those intercoolers doing a hell of a lot in the location they're in.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Boat posted:

That's pretty loving cool, but I can't see those intercoolers doing a hell of a lot in the location they're in.

Not to mention getting absolutely roasted by the heat coming off the engine. Still cool though.

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004

Z3n posted:

Not to mention getting absolutely roasted by the heat coming off the engine. Still cool though.

Thoughts of bikes like that keep me going on cold rainy nights.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
Crossposting this from the AI "craigslist gold" thread because goddamn. :barf:

VideoTapir posted:

most of the work is done.

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004
Some dude with an SV650 is loving crazy i'll tell you that.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Couple random shots from last weekend.

Before we got started, we went to Griffith Park to investigate the side car rally that was apparently happening. It eluded us. Here we are parked in the carousel lot. Buddy's new-to-him FZ-1, very nice, very fast.

Aaand fast forward to the tail end of the ride, at Neptune's Net in Malibu. We parked up in the MC lot in front, and there were these his & hers stretched, turbo'd (?) and chromed 'busas. License plates say "DRAGLVR" and "LUV2DRAG."

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Car engined bikes are how you can tell a car guy designed a bike

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sirbeefalot posted:

Aaand fast forward to the tail end of the ride, at Neptune's Net in Malibu. We parked up in the MC lot in front, and there were these his & hers stretched, turbo'd (?) and chromed 'busas. License plates say "DRAGLVR" and "LUV2DRAG."

hahaha.. jesus christ. :ughh:

I'll bet you anything they're from simi valley or thousand oaks.

UserNotFound
May 7, 2006
???

sirbeefalot posted:

My mind this morning...
"DRAGLVR"
"Drag Lever"
Hey, it's got an extended swing arm, which acts as a large lever for drag racing!

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

UserNotFound posted:

My mind this morning...
"DRAGLVR"
"Drag Lever"
Hey, it's got an extended swing arm, which acts as a large lever for drag racing!

You're like one of those terrible contestants on Bumper Stumpers

UserNotFound
May 7, 2006
???

8ender posted:

You're like one of those terrible contestants on Bumper Stumpers

Oh. My. God. This is the best discovery I've made all day (so far)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf3hWWTArvE

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:whatup:

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Phat_Albert posted:

Oh my lord. It's like seeing aftermarket exterior wood panel on a 2009 japanese station wagon.

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004
Oh my god, where can I find one of those? Its basically all that is missing from my 07 sv.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Phat_Albert posted:

Deflector shields at maximum strength. Holding...