Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Judakel posted:

This thread is like a cauldron of racism. Let's talk about Bret Hart again.

I still don't think so... Bitch!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band
When was the last time the "piledriver" used in the WWE?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

AlbertFlasher posted:

When was the last time the "piledriver" used in the WWE?

I think I recall King using one during one of his one-off matches against <low-midcard heel of the month> a couple of years back.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Jerusalem posted:

I think I recall King using one during one of his one-off matches against <low-midcard heel of the month> a couple of years back.

Didn't Shawn Michaels use it against John Cena at Wrestlemania a couple years ago?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Didn't Shawn Michaels use it against John Cena at Wrestlemania a couple years ago?
After that sometime Tommy Dreamer did one to RVD, recreating the original rubber neck spot.

Monarchy
Apr 4, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
where is the jeff hardy busted for meth thread?

i want to relive the comedy, and it shouldnt be old enough for archives yet. :/

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

CoronaLargesse posted:

where is the jeff hardy busted for meth thread?

i want to relive the comedy, and it shouldnt be old enough for archives yet. :/

Search works now so you could search.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

FishBulb posted:

Search works now so you could search.

I get "The website declined to show this webpage" when I try to search. Is there some trick?

Monarchy
Apr 4, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
prolly haven't installed the "buy platinum" page yet
aight cool, i'll get at that later.

Happy Happyist
Jul 23, 2007

I need your assistance to make the world blue and change it into a happy and peaceful society.

Jerusalem posted:

On Gregory Helms! I will always remember this, because right before the spot King looks around at the audience and says "How about a piledriver?" Hilarious.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me
Has Orton ever faced Taker?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Nibble posted:

See: Wrestlemania 21

Deranged Hermit
Nov 10, 2004

by Tiny Fistpump

Nibble posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKFzF2qXTqE

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
They had like 4 matches in 2005

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President
Here's a lesser known match from 2002 for the Undisputed Championship. Randy was still doing his blue chipper gimmick.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

Here's a lesser known match from 2002 for the Undisputed Championship. Randy was still doing his blue chipper gimmick.
Someone gif Orton's overdrive on Taker please (roughly 8 minute mark).

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I have always had this question, yet never found a sufficient answer. Why does Hornswoggle have poo poo on his face?

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Twin Cinema posted:

I have always had this question, yet never found a sufficient answer. Why does Hornswoggle have poo poo on his face?

Because he is shanty Irish.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Atticus Finch posted:

Someone gif Orton's overdrive on Taker please (roughly 8 minute mark).

I hate that move so loving much.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

Twin Cinema posted:

According to the wonderfully intelligent people at Yahoo Answers (http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080812195800AAFC8Lm) it's either

a. HE IS THE WWE VERSION OF PIGPEN or
b. It helps him to see in the bright light, kinda like what football teams wear when they are playing

:ughh:

atamarav
Jul 26, 2006

Twin Cinema posted:

I don't know where I heard it or if I somehow rationalized it with my friends, but I think it's because he hangs out under the ring a lot.

But I think now he runs from backstage so I guess he never showers?

Sheamus would know.

Psychlone
Sep 3, 2004

It's never straight up and down!

Supreme Allah posted:

HBK is, was and always has been full of poo poo. His religious conversion does nothing to change this, and Bret is the only guy who is willing to publicly say what everyone is privately aware of. I'm not defending the guys bitterness or obsession over poo poo from last decade but HBK is a bag of douche. Now with Jesus Fish!

Look at it this way. Bret and Shawn had been in the WWE for years, and, time and time again, Shawn has spit in his face and refused to work with him, or done something unproffesional, or sucked up to Vince McMahon to get the change in the match that he wanted. He did it dozens of times. And he did it in Montreal, swearing up and down that he had nothing to do with the finish, even though he was in on it the whole time. Should Bret take it in stride and say "Well, he's a changed man now, maybe I should just get over it." Or, do you, knowing the type of person Shawn is and what he has done to you, put yourself in the position to that that type of behaviour never happens to you again. It's a "Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, shame on you" thing. Shawn has wronged Bret (at least in Bret's mind) so many times that there is nothing redeemable in him. I totally understand where Bret is coming from.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Burrito posted:

Just watched it, good match. I have to agree with this youtuber's analysis:

quote:

orton is the loving, undertaker is the master of's struggles, UNDERTAKER is the good, very good !

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Whatever happened to Mr. Kennedy? I loved his mic skills, but the last time I watched any WWE seriously was a few years ago, and he seems to have dropped off the face of the earth.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yoshifan823 posted:

Whatever happened to Mr. Kennedy? I loved his mic skills, but the last time I watched any WWE seriously was a few years ago, and he seems to have dropped off the face of the earth.

He suffered a lot of injuries, made a movie that was in the tradition of Behind Enemy Lines and Behind Enemy Lines II, came back, got an immediate main event push and was promptly fired under a very confusing mess of allegations he was dangerous to work with/too injury prone/rubbed some people the wrong way.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

^ And when he says promptly, he really does mean promptly. He came back on Raw, said he was going for Orton's title, suplexed him wrong in a tag match, and was fired one or two days later.

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
If I must die, I shall welcome Death as an old friend, and wrap mine arms about it.
He's the main antagonist in Edge's Road to Wrestlemania, so atleast he has that going for him :)

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.

Burrito posted:

See: "What do you mean Bob Orton has hepatitis?"

El Axo Grande
Apr 2, 2005

by T. Finn

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

^ And when he says promptly, he really does mean promptly. He came back on Raw, said he was going for Orton's title, suplexed him wrong in a tag match, and was fired twelve hours later.

fixed

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

CM Junk posted:

I still don't think so... Bitch!

I love my title. It just works.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
So I'm thinking about getting the 10th anniversary Best of Smackdown DVD. Is it worth it?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
A team called Da Soul Touchaz were on the '08 and '09 CHIKARA King of Trios shows. Befoe their match, they had a... catchphrase or something where they all put their hands in the center of a human ring, said the line a bunch of times, sounding like a football team, and then throwing their hands up in the air and going "OHHHH!".

What were they saying, and what does it mean?

ColeM
Dec 23, 2007
New User Alert!

Karmine posted:

So I'm thinking about getting the 10th anniversary Best of Smackdown DVD. Is it worth it?

It's pretty good. They showcase the top 100 moments of Smackdown along with a few matches on each disc. It gets pretty entertaining and it shows how Smackdown has changed from the 1st episode up to the present. It's hosted by Micheal Cole and Matt Stryker if it matters to you.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

rotinaj posted:

A team called Da Soul Touchaz were on the '08 and '09 CHIKARA King of Trios shows. Befoe their match, they had a... catchphrase or something where they all put their hands in the center of a human ring, said the line a bunch of times, sounding like a football team, and then throwing their hands up in the air and going "OHHHH!".

What were they saying, and what does it mean?

I remember someone here at WH had a sign at one of their shows with their chant on it. It was just some onomatopoetic garbage as far as I could tell. Or maybe that's just his interpretation of it :)

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

grody but still def posted:

he's (HBK)done nothing but put over guys in the past few years so i'd like to know what you're basing this off of.

Bullshit. Since SummerSlam 2006 he's:

- Beat Vince + Shane
- Beat Vince + Shane + Big Show
- Lost to Orton + Edge
- Won Survivor Series match vs. Team Rated-RKO
- No-Contest vs. Orton + Edge
- Final elimination of the Rumble by Taker
- Beat Batista + Taker
- Lost to Cena
- Lost to Cena
- Lost to Orton
- Beat Orton
- Lost to Orton
- Beat Kennedy
- Eliminated in the Rumble by Kennedy after eliminating Taker
- Lost Elimination Chamber match to HHH
- Retired Ric Flair
- Beat Batista
- Beat Jericho
- Lost to Batista
- Lost to Jericho
- Beat Jericho
- Lost to Jericho
- Won Survivor Series match vs. Team JBL
- Beat JBL
- Lost to Undertaker
- Beat Legacy
- Lost to Legacy
- Beat Legacy
- Lost Bragging Rights match

The only people he puts over are already main-event talent. In the end, Legacy wasn't elevated much, if at all, by the win over DX (since it was sandwiched between 2 losses) and now they're losing to Henry and MVP on RAW while HBK gets another title match/possible feud with HHH coming up. Put him in a program with Swagger and have him lose the feud definitively and we'll talk about him putting talent over.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Beeswax posted:

I remember someone here at WH had a sign at one of their shows with their chant on it. It was just some onomatopoetic garbage as far as I could tell. Or maybe that's just his interpretation of it :)

I was the guy with that sign, at King of Trios '09. It was "UGOMAIMEBUISUM," which I got off the cover of one of their DVDs which I'd seen advertised somewhere. I have no idea what it means, but all of Da Soul Touchaz marked out for the sign and were glad to autograph it.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

Jay 2K Winger posted:

I was the guy with that sign, at King of Trios '09. It was "UGOMAIMEBUISUM," which I got off the cover of one of their DVDs which I'd seen advertised somewhere. I have no idea what it means, but all of Da Soul Touchaz marked out for the sign and were glad to autograph it.

According to http://www.thesoultouchaz.webs.com/ it's now UGOMAIMEBUIMESUM. Still no idea what the gently caress it means though

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

apsouthern posted:

According to http://www.thesoultouchaz.webs.com/ it's now UGOMAIMEBUIMESUM. Still no idea what the gently caress it means though

yoU GO MAIke ME BUIy ME SUM?

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

KungFu Grip posted:

yoU GO MAIke ME BUIy ME SUM?

Cracka-rear end translation: "You're going to make me buy myself some?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President
Why was Goldberg's WWE run so disastrous?