Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Trip Daddy X posted:

Forgive me for not searching through all 40 pages of this thread, but is there a favorite method of putting the Rifftrax onto a DVD with the film itself, so that you just pop in the DVD and it plays like an MST3k?

http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php/topic,413.0.html

This will tell you a couple of ways to do it. I use the "Lite" method (using DVD Decrypter instead of rejig) and even though it looks time-consuming, it really isn't. Although the total time required to make a final DVD can be 2-3 hours (depending on your hardware), you only do about 15 minutes actual work (most of which is syncing the movie's soundtrack to the Rifftrax' MP3). I have done every single Rifftrax this way and I can almost do it in my sleep. MuxMan can be used when IfoEdit doesn't work (there's been maybe 2 or 3).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

MrMidnight posted:

I love that MST3k episode.

"I'M COMING!!!"

Yeah that was a great episI'M COMING!!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

RandolphCarter posted:

Yeah that was a great episI'M COMING!!

Which episode is this?

Also, of the MST3ks available on netflix's instant watch, which ones are the best? I've already seen Werewolf (great), Laserblast (less great), Future War (great), and First Spaceship on Venus (less great), which leaves:

Zombie Nightmare
Racket Girls
The Girl in Lovers Lane
The Robot vs. The Aztec Mummy

I've got some free time and I'll probably just end up watching them all anyway but are any of them considered classics? I'm not familiar with any of them.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Ainsley McTree posted:

Which episode is this?

Also, of the MST3ks available on netflix's instant watch, which ones are the best? I've already seen Werewolf (great), Laserblast (less great), Future War (great), and First Spaceship on Venus (less great), which leaves:

Zombie Nightmare
Racket Girls
The Girl in Lovers Lane

I've got some free time and I'll probably just end up watching them all anyway but are any of them considered classics? I'm not familiar with any of them.

Zombie Nightmare is pretty good (for a bad Canadian movie :v: ). The Girl in Lover's Lane is worth it just for Crow's Jack Elam impersonation.

SeedyV
Nov 10, 2005

Water Triiiiibe

Ainsley McTree posted:

Which episode is this?

That's from Quest of the Delta Knights, a personal favorite of mine.

SeedyV fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Oct 25, 2009

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
They're going to go for miles with Titanic, its a great choice.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Behonkiss posted:

Wow.

12 years, I've never seen this movie and never had any intention to.

Goddamnit, Rifftrax.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

I still say that Titanic was a good movie. it made a billion dollars and won 50 Oscars for a reason. That said, it is still extremely cheesy at times, and I think it is absolutely perfect Rifftrax fodder. Can't loving wait.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Diabolik900 posted:

I still say that Titanic was a good movie.

I can't decide whether I should point out how cliche and hacky it is, or just say "lol, fag"

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Ainsley McTree posted:

Which episode is this?

Zombie Nightmare
Racket Girls
The Girl in Lovers Lane

Girl in Lovers Lane is great for the "why the hell did they make this it isn't even a movie" factor.

edit: oh yeah Racket Girls is like that too. Absolutely no coherent ideas. But I'll never forget the zoom-in on that nerd's face during the sexy dance scene.

fenix down fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Oct 26, 2009

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Holy poo poo, the Transformers 2 riff is awesome. Might just be because it's 4 in the morning, but I'm loving it. The jokes aren't a mile a minute, but it's got some home runs that keep you laughing between jokes.

Edit: And when it's over, stick around for some fun after the rifftrax fine print. It's killing me right now.

zimbomonkey fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Oct 29, 2009

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

Diabolik900 posted:

I still say that Titanic was a good movie. it made a billion dollars and won 50 Oscars for a reason. That said, it is still extremely cheesy at times, and I think it is absolutely perfect Rifftrax fodder. Can't loving wait.

I'll second that it wasn't bad. I've seen bad and Titanic isn't. It's just long and doesn't get really good until the end.

Emmitt Nervend
Mar 16, 2001

zimbomonkey posted:

Holy poo poo, the Transformers 2 riff is awesome. Might just be because it's 4 in the morning, but I'm loving it. The jokes aren't a mile a minute, but it's got some home runs that keep you laughing between jokes.

Edit: And when it's over, stick around for some fun after the rifftrax fine print. It's killing me right now.

I agree. TF2 has now joined Fantastic Four in the list of riffs that have made me laugh so loud I was concerned about waking my neighbors.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

zimbomonkey posted:

Great riffs, but holy Jesus horse-loving Christ the movie sucked rancid wolf nuts. How the gently caress did this move make over $400m dollars?

Absolute garbage from end to end.

Kenderama
Mar 12, 2003

Herding Nerds from
2007-2012
Found this today on my local Theater's Website:

quote:

RiffTrax Live: Christmas Shorts

Description: NCM Fathom and RiffTrax are partnering for a one of a kind holiday event. Join Mike Nelson, Kevin Murphy, Bill Corbett and a surprise celebrity guest for an evening of Live riffing on a collection of 5-8 classic holiday shorts, including a wonderfully bizarre animated "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer," classic commercials and a musical short extolling the virtues of pork. This event will be LIVE on Wednesday, December 16th with an Encore event Live from Tape on Thursday, December 17th.

http://bigscreenmovies.com/?pid=184&id=1858&calField=12/16/09

Dear God. Please, no Star Wars holiday special....

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

I've just insulted the macaroni and cheese recipe of a whale! What part of that is not evil?
Well, it says they're holiday-themed shorts. Seeing as the Star Wars Holiday Special has an approximate running time of forever, I don't think it falls in that category.

Kenderama
Mar 12, 2003

Herding Nerds from
2007-2012

mobo85 posted:

Well, it says they're holiday-themed shorts. Seeing as the Star Wars Holiday Special has an approximate running time of forever, I don't think it falls in that category.

Yes, but I'm still so horrified by the thought, that I had to say it.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Kenderama posted:

Star Wars Holiday Special would be awesome if the guest riffer was Mark Hamill though.

LaptopGun
Sep 2, 2006

All I'm going to get out of him is a snappy one-liner and, if I'm real lucky, a brand new nickname.

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Star Wars Holiday Special would be awesome if the guest riffer was Mark Hamill though.

Or Cocaine... I mean Carrie Fisher

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

It would have to be Harrison Ford, getting progressively drunker.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kenderama posted:

Thanks for the heads up and for some reason my local theater is actually getting this one. Yay for not having to drive round trip 140 miles!

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Awesome, way to schedule it during what will be finals week for millions.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
I bought a few VOD Rifftrax for a party we're hosting tonight. The idea was to stream them through my home network to my Xbox 360 (like I do with virtually every other video ever).

The two shorts and Night of the Living Dead have WMV versions available, so those work fine. However, I grabbed Troll 2, and the only thing available is a .divx (which I didn't even think had its own container format). I can't get it to play on the Xbox at all, which is kind of a bummer since it was going to be our main feature tonight.

Has anyone gotten this to work, or does anyone know an easy way to transcode it to something the 360 can read (preferably in less than half an hour)?

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

WhiteHowler posted:

I bought a few VOD Rifftrax for a party we're hosting tonight. The idea was to stream them through my home network to my Xbox 360 (like I do with virtually every other video ever).

The two shorts and Night of the Living Dead have WMV versions available, so those work fine. However, I grabbed Troll 2, and the only thing available is a .divx (which I didn't even think had its own container format). I can't get it to play on the Xbox at all, which is kind of a bummer since it was going to be our main feature tonight.

Has anyone gotten this to work, or does anyone know an easy way to transcode it to something the 360 can read (preferably in less than half an hour)?

Assuming that renaming it from .divx to .avi didn't work, you can try to snag VirtualDub (http://www.virtualdub.org/download.html). You should be able to open a video file in one format with that and transcode it to a different codec. Probably can't do that in a half an hour though, but it shouldn't take much longer than it does to play the video, so if you get on that you can get it done in time (hopefully).

vvvvvvvvvvvvvv - Do what Tim Curry says.

Bedurndurn fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Oct 31, 2009

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Bedurndurn posted:

Assuming that renaming it from .divx to .avi didn't work, you can try to snag VirtualDub (http://www.virtualdub.org/download.html). You should be able to open a video file in one format with that and transcode it to a different codec. Probably can't do that in a half an hour though, but it shouldn't take much longer than it does to play the video, so if you get on that you can get it done in time (hopefully).

If you can get the .divx to open in VirtualDub you might not need to transcode it at all. Set Video to "Direct Stream Copy" and save the file as an .AVI. The 360 supports Divx/Xvid in AVI format.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
The .divx file didn't get picked up by Windows Media Player, but when I forced it to load the file it worked fine. I tried renaming it to .avi, and it worked flawlessly on the 360.

We ended up watching Carnival of Souls and the two-part short "The Case of Tommy Tucker" (kid dies and goes to sort-of-hell!). We're definitely going to catch Troll 2 tomorrow though.

Thanks for the help!

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

Hostile negotiations since 1978

Mister Kingdom posted:

How the gently caress did this move make over $400m dollars?

Simple. People like MICHAEL-BAY-SPLOSIONS!!!

It just shows that people have absolutely horrible taste and will go to pretty much any sequel of a successful movie, it doesn't matter how lovely the sequel (or the original for that matter) was.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Psimitry posted:

Simple. People like MICHAEL-BAY-SPLOSIONS!!!

It just shows that people have absolutely horrible taste and will go to pretty much any sequel of a successful movie, it doesn't matter how lovely the sequel (or the original for that matter) was.

Hell, even the explosions weren't that good. The robots were a loving mess to look at.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Rifftrax X-Mas Live

They offically annouced the Christmas show, which has special guest Weird Al. :rock:

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

MY FANTASYS.zip posted:

Rifftrax X-Mas Live

They offically annouced the Christmas show, which has special guest Weird Al. :rock:

pleaseshowonVancouverIslandpleaseshowonVancouverIsland....

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

MY FANTASYS.zip posted:

Rifftrax X-Mas Live

Hell. Yes.

And any word on if they'll be doing G.I. Joe?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Tickets don't go on sale until 11/13 here? Fuckers.

edit; Supposedly if you are an "insider" you can purchase tix today. I get their newsletter, so I figure I'm good.

Any idea how to purchase?

GreenNight fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Nov 6, 2009

Trinexx
Aug 31, 2007

Ask me about time-shares at scenic Turtle Rock!

Fandango posted:

Tickets for RiffTrax Insiders go on sale Friday, November 6th. Sign up here for the RiffTrax email newsletter or visit https://www.rifftrax.com/ to receive a special link.

Tickets will go on sale to the general public on Friday, November 13th.

Click here to sign up for an email reminder when tickets go on sale to the general public November 13th. Participating theaters coming soon.

I'm ahead of the curve as I already purchased tickets earlier on via the regal cinemas website for my local theater to this when the first signs of this event was mentioned earlier in the thread. I don't know if they changed it still might be available to the public now if you checked.

soupcan58
Mar 13, 2008

You blew my mind, man!

MY FANTASYS.zip posted:

Rifftrax X-Mas Live

And I have to say I'm shocked, the event's coming to my hometown again. Not that we didn't have a good crowd, we just don't get good stuff very often.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Hell yes, they're coming to CT this time, in a theater that's near me (where I want to live actually). Going to rope so many friends into going to this.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I'm like 20 minutes into Transformers 2 and it's already the worst thing I've ever seen

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Captain Charisma posted:

I'm like 20 minutes into Transformers 2 and it's already the worst thing I've ever seen

That's the best part of the movie. There's a sharp decline in quality every second after that.

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Titanic was pretty excellent, all told.

"I REGRET *thunk* ...HITTING THE PROPELLOR, WOW THAT HURT"

And Bill cracking up while Mike and Kevin sing Pokerface to the tune of Nearer My God To Thee in harmony had me rolling.

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
It’s more interesting to say the movie Titanic tells the story of something going from pure horizontality, to perfect verticality to invisibility, than it is to say, “Titanic sucks.” -Jerry Saltz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bert Fegg
Sep 3, 2006

I think Titanic is in my top five from the past while. This despite it being a freakishly long movie.

Plus, pretty accurate Shane MacGowan impersonation.

• Locked thread