Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.

twistedmentat posted:

I always loved the end of that episode. How he was happy that he got so much good business out of Hank over the years he was willing to ignore the possibility Hank burned down his cars.

He still thought Hank burned down the lot, just that it wasn't worth it cause Hank is the type to fight it all the way, and besides, he sold Hank all those cars at sticker price that it was a good run anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Benagain posted:

Saw Buckley's funeral again recently, saw what I feel is Kahn's greatest line:

"At first, I hated Buckley. But then I see how much he annoy my neighbor, Hank Hill. And I grow to loooooove buckley."

I heard what to did to Shane Wasanasong, and then I heard what you did to your father, I am conflicted.

I know that's not the quote, but it's still one of my favorites.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

fishmaster17 posted:

Did I miss something or did the writers screw up?
You missed the fact that it was a leadup to Hank realizing that Ted Wasanasong didn't actually care about Hank at all and simply wanted him at Nine Rivers as their token whitey. That was Ted's best guess as to Hank's profession when he was put on the spot.

Dale's line about Hank selling tractors at one point was really just flavor for the dialogue. It's never come up or been the focus of anything. Jeans West -> Strickland Propane

twistedmentat posted:

I heard what to did to Shane Wasanasong, and then I heard what you did to your father, I am conflicted.

I know that's not the quote, but it's still one of my favorites.
Prepare to have your paradigm shifted: His name is Chane

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Oct 29, 2009

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

hall n oates mom posted:

You missed the fact that it was a leadup to Hank realizing that Ted Wasanasong didn't actually care about Hank at all and simply wanted him at Nine Rivers as their token whitey. That was Ted's best guess as to Hank's profession when he was put on the spot.

Dale's line about Hank selling tractors at one point was really just flavor for the dialogue. It's never come up or been the focus of anything. Jeans West -> Strickland Propane

Prepare to have your paradigm shifted: His name is Chane

I thought it was Chang.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Ensign_Ricky posted:

I thought it was Chang.
Chane - traditional Laotian moniker or inability to phoneticize 'S'???

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

hall n oates mom posted:

It's super white!

I love Ted's speech patterns.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

twistedmentat posted:

It's super white!

I love Ted's speech patterns.
They are pretty drat good. Also notable as probably Judge's only voice that isn't instantly identifiable as him somehow :xd:

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
We're Episcopal now, its just good business

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Benagain posted:

Saw Buckley's funeral again recently, saw what I feel is Kahn's greatest line:

"At first, I hated Buckley. But then I see how much he annoy my neighbor, Hank Hill. And I grow to loooooove buckley."

"Now that he's gone, I feel a big hole in my life -- I think we all do. Is a world without Buckley a world we want to live in? ... As a Buddhist, of course, I get comfort from a story. I don't need to tell you how much Buddhists love a story! ... Anyway, story begins with man being chased by ferocious man-eating tiger. Tiger chase him to edge of cliff. Man falls off. Halfway down, he grab onto branch. He look up, he see ferocious tiger. Now he look down, he see another hungry tiger, waiting for him on the ground below. Not a good place to be. He knows for sure he gonna die. Then out of corner of his eye he see a wild strawberry growing on same branch. He pluck it and eat it. And it was the sweetest-tasting strawberry he ever had."

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

hall n oates mom posted:

Is Ted Wasanasong Laotian or Chinese? He's shown speaking Chinese to one of the guys from the Nine Rivers membership committee when they're trying to recruit Hank, but he identifies himself as being Laotian. Is he just a Laotian guy who also speaks Chinese?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Is Ted Wasanasong Laotian or Chinese? He's shown speaking Chinese to one of the guys from the Nine Rivers membership committee when they're trying to recruit Hank, but he identifies himself as being Laotian. Is he just a Laotian guy who also speaks Chinese?

I think its safe to assume that people from Laos can speak Chinese.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

twistedmentat posted:

I think its safe to assume that people from Laos can speak Chinese.

Then how come Kahn couldn't understand what Ted was saying when he was speaking Chinese?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Then how come Kahn couldn't understand what Ted was saying when he was speaking Chinese?

Because Ted is way better educated than Khan? Don't they mention that Khan is from a peasant background?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Whoot! One of my favorite episodes, the one were Dale gets a new mower!

Jay Dub
Jul 27, 2009

I'm not listening
to youuuuu...
"Hilloween" is easily in my top 3 episodes.

"The complacency of fools will destroy them. - Proverbs"
"Get out of my house! ...Exodus."

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy
I just watched that one, Hank was out of control!

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008

Jay Dub posted:

"The complacency of fools will destroy them. - Proverbs"
"Get out of my house! ...Exodus."

This is my favorite exchange in the whole series.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
The Bluegrass is Always Greener is a great episode. The parallels between Hank and Kahn are great and its a rare Connie episode which usually work out well.

Plus it gives great lines like:

Dale: *points to Charlie Daniels* Connie Souphanousinphone everyone! She's only 13 years old!

and one of my all-time favorites

Hank: Where have you guys been? I've had to deal with The Bluegrass Brothers all by myself. They've been staring at me, twiddlin' their beards and trying to psyche me out.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Bill, do you have any idea what that song is about? It's about a dragon!

ludnix
Jan 8, 2007

by exmarx
Governor Richards! It's been awhile! You may not remember me... but I've seen you on TV!

dms666
Oct 17, 2005

It's Playoff Beard Time! Go Pens!
Something along the lines of "It took my wife, Peggy Hill, eight flushes after using the low flow toilet"

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Caught "The Incredible Hank" on Adult Swim. I'd forgotten what a great episode it is, despite the annoying Peggyness. Also, it has this exchange:

Dale: So it turns out I'm not the actual Dale Gribble, but a clone of him. The original Dale Gribble is a super-warrior from the year 2087. The second me, i.e. I, was created to help the first me fight the invading Mongol armies.
Hank: Dale, that's asinine, and here's four reasons why. First, you're not gonna clone a super-warrior out of a guy who can't even win a thumb-wrestling match. Two, you've spent your life swearing that the robots will eliminate the clones by the year 2010, so which is it, robots or clones? Three, you've already said you sympathize with the invading Mongolians of 2087, so you'd be the last one they'd send to fight them. And four, if you were from the future, you would have seen this coming. (Punches Dale in the arm)

Hogarth Hughes
Apr 16, 2006

"As for me, people will be pleased to escape from me in one piece."

:black101:

hall n oates mom posted:

Pretty sure Chane is actually his name. Bobby and Connie pronounce it that way all the time, and they don't have heavy Laotian accents.

Ted is a very successful businessman at...whatever it is that he does (does the show ever say what that is?) In the world of Arlen, the Asian community is very wealthy and powerful. It just makes sense for Ted to speak Chinese. He would have taken the time to learn the language to be more successful.

He is definitely Laotian though; there was the whole episode where he claims Kahn is a banana and he needs to get in touch with his Laotian roots by joining that guerrila army. I always found the Ted/Kahn relationship hilarious. Kahn desperately wants to be accepted by this pompous douchebag.

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007

cheerfullydrab posted:

Caught "The Incredible Hank" on Adult Swim. I'd forgotten what a great episode it is, despite the annoying Peggyness. Also, it has this exchange:

Dale: So it turns out I'm not the actual Dale Gribble, but a clone of him. The original Dale Gribble is a super-warrior from the year 2087. The second me, i.e. I, was created to help the first me fight the invading Mongol armies.
Hank: Dale, that's asinine, and here's four reasons why. First, you're not gonna clone a super-warrior out of a guy who can't even win a thumb-wrestling match. Two, you've spent your life swearing that the robots will eliminate the clones by the year 2010, so which is it, robots or clones? Three, you've already said you sympathize with the invading Mongolians of 2087, so you'd be the last one they'd send to fight them. And four, if you were from the future, you would have seen this coming. (Punches Dale in the arm)

Yeah...this might be one of my favorite exchanges of the whole show. God I love Dale.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

cheerfullydrab posted:

Now, who wants to wrestle?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Hogarth Hughes posted:

Pretty sure Chane is actually his name. Bobby and Connie pronounce it that way all the time, and they don't have heavy Laotian accents.
I wasn't asking. His name is 100% Chane. It's just an unusual name.

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

Ja-hooon Redcorn.

Pa-Heeey-gy Hill.

MrBigglesworth
Mar 26, 2005

Lover of Fuzzy Meatloaf
Hank, I would never heal your wife in the same way I heal the wives of other men.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9
"If you lay one unprofessional hand on her I'll kick your rear end. ... ... I will."

Faxman
Feb 27, 2009
Was there any reason ever given for naming John Redcorn's band Big Mountain Fudgecake? The name seems so odd that I always figured there was a story for it.

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

I think it's because one of the voice actors (the 2nd one? Maybe there have only been 2) actually HAS a band called Big Mountain Fudgecake.

Not that it clarifies anything, of course.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Syrant posted:

"If you lay one unprofessional hand on her I'll kick your rear end. ... ... I will."

Needs to be an animated gif of out of shape Hank and in shape John Redcorn, with the wind blowing by.

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

Who would like a hot cup of love?

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Horace posted:

Who would like a hot cup of love?

I can't even find a picture of Dad and Grandpa where they are both smiling. Wait! If we pasted Grandpa's head on the wedding picture it would look like they were both happy!

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
The best part of that is the handshake. Only Hank would shake hands with his wife at their wedding.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008
"I surely am not unfond of you, Peggy, I tell you what."

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

One of my favorite jokes is when Bill screams out "I'm not gay!" in the hair salon and Luann gives him the "You're not acting gay" signal.

Stutes
Oct 13, 2005

Tonight's the Night

Tender Bender posted:

One of my favorite jokes is when Bill screams out "I'm not gay!" in the hair salon and Luann gives him the "You're not acting gay" signal.

I was watching this today and noticed that apparently Wyatt Cenac was a writer on the show?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Stutes posted:

I was watching this today and noticed that apparently Wyatt Cenac was a writer on the show?

Yeah, he did writing and story editing. IMDB says he only has two scripts credited to him, but he worked on the show for a few seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008
"You're hair is so sexy... it reminds me of... sex."