Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Phat_Albert posted:

:whatup:

:barf:

Those loving windjammers should stay in the past. They were awful to start off and the decades haven't done them any favors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Phat_Albert posted:

I would ride the poo poo out of that and anyone that wouldn't is just insecure

Skier
Apr 24, 2003

Fuck yeah.
Fan of Britches

Phat_Albert posted:

I would have zero qualms about punching the owner in the mouth.

redscare
Aug 14, 2003
On a very slightly related (and far less ugly) note, I was in Japan last week and got to visit Suzuki's HQ, where they have a good-size car-and-bike museum and will work up an effort post on that hopefully soon. Here's a blueballing in the form of the rotary-powered, Giugiaro-styled RE-5

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

redscare posted:

Valt
May 14, 2006

Oh HELL yeah.
Ultra Carp
Just got my frame back from the powder coaters. Looking pretty good.

Scrapez
Feb 27, 2004

dietcokefiend posted:

Some dude with an SV650 is loving crazy i'll tell you that.

How does that thing treat ya on a windy day? Can't imagine even a small cross wind on that thing.

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004
HEY ILL HAV 2 TXT U L8TR I JUST DROVE IN 2 A DAYCARE AND SCRATCHED MY RAZR

Scrapez posted:

How does that thing treat ya on a windy day? Can't imagine even a small cross wind on that thing.

Today winds are between 25-30 right now, and it just feels kinda weird on the highway. It makes 30mph feel like a 40-45mph crosswind. Just a lot of wobbling in the lane, beyond that you never notice it.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Great looking CBX if you like carbon.
http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26101

Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot

Ola posted:

It's actually much less hammer-headed than my GT750, even though they share everything besides the engine. My GT750 is probably even quite a bit faster than the RE-5 by now, but drat loving hell I would kill for a pristine RE-5, though I would be hosed buying any engine spare parts to keep it rolling.
Fun fact: I just bought a NIB cylinder block for my GT to use for some new port experiments. It was just as easy that it was last time I did it 10 years ago. The kettle will never die.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Retarded Pimp posted:

Great looking CBX if you like carbon.
http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26101

Gorgeous, but those chicken strips are shameful.

I've posted this every time a CBX comes up and it still puts shivers down my spine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8tkVSKb77Y

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Z3n posted:

I've posted this every time a CBX comes up and it still puts shivers down my spine.

he was probably so excited about his pretty new bike that he didn't have time to ride it before showing it off. Like people who take pictures of their new tattoo 5 minutes after getting it while it's still all puffy and gross.

UserNotFound
May 7, 2006
???
He also had a "photographer" take some pictures. Try "guy with a camera"...

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern

Z3n posted:

He lives in Tampa. He'd have to do circles in a parking lot to get them any better than that.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Z3n posted:

God would be sitting on his golden throne, surrounded by choirs of angels with beautiful voices, continually singing his praises, "Holy, holy, holy, holy". And he would click on this link, and say, "Guys, ok shut up for a second."

The next day every single angel would be out on his rear end, and God would be surrounded by CBXes.

Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot

Z3n posted:

The main reason I'm still alive, is that I decided to keep my CBX1000 Pro Link as stock. With the weak frame and brakes it's got, the 104 Euro HPs are more than enough to kill you while you're just busy listening to the engine going turbine-like at 5K RPM. The CBX is a tough and heavy bike to handle, but drat, it's rewarding ;)

I'm a bit tired of it though, and since I mainly collect 2-hammers (GT750s, RD/TZ350YPVSs and RD/TZ500YPVSs) I'm currently trying to sell it, and my heart won't bleed as much as my hands do trying to wrench it. The engine is more crammed in its tiny frame than the loving 5cyl engine of my Fiat Marea 155 is hosed down its bay, and that's a loving pain.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Too bad you're halfway across the world, I've been idly looking for a CBX to restore. :v:

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Z3n posted:

Too bad you're halfway across the world, I've been idly looking for a CBX to restore. :v:
Not one more or less like this, then?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1979-Honda-CBX1000_W0QQitemZ170399139173QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_motorcycles?hash=item27ac948565
That one's only half as far away, with no ocean in between.

Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot

Z3n posted:

You wouldn't want to buy mine anyway. Where I live we've had a 300% tax on all automotive poo poo for decades. Yes, a $3300 bike is $10000 and that's with the money we pay 50-60% in income tax for. We've got great health care though. Gaaah!

Gas is also only $5.93/Gallon. %&¤#"#¤%#%&#"%¤%!!!!

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I imagine working on one is a lesson in pain. Carb sync and valve adjustment? Ah gently caress! :suicide:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Slim Pickens posted:

I imagine working on one is a lesson in pain. Carb sync and valve adjustment? Ah gently caress! :suicide:

There goes the next 3 weeks.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Click here for the full 1428x810 image.

Click here for the full 1171x730 image.

No info on any of these except the Killinger und Freund, some very rare front wheel drive motorcycle.
http://www.bikeexif.com/killinger-und-freund

DiZ
Jan 3, 2005

I am Dizzunk, Certified German Lubrication Technician.
Does anyone have saved the Ride Threat Rating Chart, the link I had is dead.

Edit - Content:

DiZ fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Nov 2, 2009

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

Slim Pickens posted:

That is the coolest thing I've ever seen :aaaaa:

Please tell me its real and we can find video of it.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

DiZ posted:

Edit - Content:

Is the rear sprocket backing out slowly or is this some tight fit custom fab business? (I'm going to guess #1, due to the... roughness of the cuts)

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

DiZ posted:

This one?

Picture...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back
Obvious photoshop, KTMs never break down :colbert:

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Zool posted:

Who said it was broken down? He's obviously just shot the guy with a grappling hook to save on gas. :haw:

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
Saw the new BMW S1000RR at an open house last weekend. Who couldn't love this face?

:pwn::pwn::pwn::pwn:

It was an "interesting" looking bike, to say the least. It will be very intersting to see how this performs compared to the Big Four -- Power is insane at 193hp for a liter bike, weight is right in there at 450lbs with all fluids and a full tank of gas, ergos were surprisingly comfortable in the three minutes I sat on it and the price isn't too out of line compared to Big Four's offerings; if I recall correctly list price is 13,499. I'd love to ride one, but I value my life/license a bit too much to buy one ;).

Here's the rest of the pictures:

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Wow, I never picked up on the gills thing until now. I like it though.

ranathari
May 26, 2006

by elpintogrande
gently caress the haters, the S1000RR is one of the best looking new bikes out there and it's refreshing to see a manufacturer fitting an exhaust that isn't comically huge and ugly.

VTNewb posted:

Wow, I never picked up on the gills thing until now. I like it though.

They're actually supposedly designed to channel air into and out of the radiator, which is why the bodywork is asymmetrical as well as the headlights.

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

ranathari posted:

gently caress the haters, the S1000RR is one of the best looking new bikes out there and it's refreshing to see a manufacturer fitting an exhaust that isn't comically huge and ugly.

They're actually supposedly designed to channel air into and out of the radiator, which is why the bodywork is asymmetrical as well as the headlights.

The only thing that struck me as seriously odd looking were the headlights. I can also say it looks much better in person than it does in pictures.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Oh god I'm in trouble.

I don't know how I'm going to be able to resist this.

A few years ago I was at the Ducati dealership just loving around. I had read a lot about the Multistrada and I really, really was intrigued. The salesman was a smarty guy and practically forced me to test ride the bike. oh my god, what a beautiful machine. Luckily my (now) wife was smart enough to talk me down from buying a brand new bike as a new(ish) rider. Plus the looks were kind of ... odd.

But now. Oh god now.

The Multistrada went from this:

To the new 2010 model:

Those are spy pics. Here's a (I think) rendering or prototype. The spy pics look slightly different, but maybe it's just the angle. The teaser pics I've seen have the same headlights, but those spy pics have a longer "beak", which I actually like a lot.

Ducati unveils it in a week. I really don't know how I'm going to manage to resist it now. :unsmith:

Doctor Zero fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Nov 2, 2009

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

DiZ posted:

Edit - Content:

That wouldnt happen to be a MZ would it? I know a guy who had that happen to him. Sucks, new swingarms arent cheap.

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004
HEY ILL HAV 2 TXT U L8TR I JUST DROVE IN 2 A DAYCARE AND SCRATCHED MY RAZR
I dont see how thats even possible unless they were missing a spacer.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Doctor Zero posted:

To the new 2010 model:
With the wraps on, it reminds me of this, in an odd (totally loving cool) way.

I can see why you might have a hard time resisting. That thing is gorgeous.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

needknees posted:

I'd love to ride one, but I value my life/license a bit too much to buy one ;).
fyi it has traction control with a "rain" mode you can put it in which makes it quite manageable nice for casual riding. so said nate kern anyway.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

needknees posted:

Saw the new BMW S1000RR at an open house last weekend. Who couldn't love this face?

:pwn::pwn::pwn::pwn:

Your BMW dealer looks creepily a lot like mine, maybe they just all have the same carpet and location styles, or maybe I just don't remember the local BMW dealership that well :ohdear:

DreadCthulhu
Sep 17, 2008

What the fuck is up, Denny's?!

Linedance posted:

here's a cool video of airbag jacket crash testing (Dainese I think, given the logo)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpMHHH6UCdw

Airbag jacket+airbag bike=ultimate protection? Invincible airborne Michelin Man bouncing down the road.
In any case, it's nice that the option exists.

edit-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcTv6N5ppEU
whoa! That's hardcore testing!

Has anybody actually ever used these jackets? I'm curious because the idea behind it is pretty neat and could be actually very useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Zool posted:

In Charlie Boorman's new By Any Means there was a segment where a guy he was riding with was on a KTM that broke down and had to be towed out with a rope. Charlie couldn't have been happier.