Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saints Crow
Aug 25, 2006

Johnny is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all bangers

Who all have the dirt sheets reported as being "in the dog house" in the last year or so?

I remember Kendrick, MVP, Punk, and Bourne, but was anyone else reported as being in trouble at some point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

Cryme Time?

Hungry Hungry Hippo
Mar 6, 2008

To tell you the truth, I'm not even that hungry...but when I see those marbles, I just lose it.
I have a question (of sorts, at least)
Back in Summerslam 2008, Undertaker slammed Edge through the ring, sending Edge to Hell, if you will. Now, I'm pretty sure...like 99% sure that at some point I read that someone from WWE Creative said that they were ready to bring Edge back, but they just needed to figure out a way to explain his return.

Then, all of a sudden, Edge returned at Survivor series and won the WWE championship and as far as I'm aware, they never explained or even mentioned his "visit to Hell" from Summerslam.

So, my actual question is: Did I miss something obvious, or did they just go all Kane on the continuity and just brought him back without explaining or even mentioning his absence?

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Hungry Hungry Hippo posted:

Back in Summerslam 2008, Undertaker slammed Edge through the ring, sending Edge to Hell, if you will. Now, I'm pretty sure...like 99% sure that at some point I read that someone from WWE Creative said that they were ready to bring Edge back, but they just needed to figure out a way to explain his return.

Then, all of a sudden, Edge returned at Survivor series and won the WWE championship and as far as I'm aware, they never explained or even mentioned his "visit to Hell" from Summerslam.

So, my actual question is: Did I miss something obvious, or did they just go all Kane on the continuity and just brought him back without explaining or even mentioning his absence?

What's to explain? Hell doesn't exist beneath a WWE ring.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Professor Icepick posted:

http://books.google.com/books?id=uf...ay%20ad&f=false

Shows up for me.

That's a different ad.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I think they did it because they thought it was cool but didn't realize how ridiculous it was.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Edge did mention in some bitter promo after that about how he was awesome and even got chokeslammed to Hell so it kinda was referenced again

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

You're Triple H, you should know

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Are you guys saying that, in terms of kayfabe, WWE actually wanted us to believe that the Undertaker had sent Edge to the actual realm of hell?

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

He got Chokeslammed through the ring, and then had to take time off to rehab the grievous injuries. The Undertaker isn't really dead and can only send people to hell through the usual 'actually killing them' methods perfected by C. Benoit. IF Edge came back, that just means he got better from whatever happened to him.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Karmine posted:

Are you guys saying that, in terms of kayfabe, WWE actually wanted us to believe that the Undertaker had sent Edge to the actual realm of hell?

What did you think it was a metaphor for being beaten up or something?

Deranged Hermit
Nov 10, 2004

by Tiny Fistpump

Karmine posted:

Silly, they didn't send him to TNA.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Hungry Hungry Hippo
Mar 6, 2008

To tell you the truth, I'm not even that hungry...but when I see those marbles, I just lose it.

Chilly McFreeze posted:

You're Triple H, you should know

Hey, I might be Triple H but I still ain't no Helmsley. So no, I wouldn't know.

Karmine posted:

Well, both that and having read someone from WWE Creative saying that they were trying to come up with a reason for Edge to return, and then eventually they just seemed to go all Kane on it and never mention it again.

Actual realm of Hell sounds goofy, sure, but just as goofy as it seemed when Undertaker chokeslammed him through the ring "with flames rising from the hole", as Wikipedia says.

All in all, my memory might be serving me wrong on this, but as said I'm 99% sure (I've tried to Google it with no luck) that someone from WWE Creative said that they were ready to bring Edge back but they just needed to figure out a way to do it. And eventually they didn't really figure out any explanation to bring him back, so they just decided to do it without explaining it at all.

And that's what I a)have issues with, and b)am not sure if I missed something obvious.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
There was a ppv or RAW within the past year that had someone with a sign that was a giant cardboard cut out of John Cena's face, and it rose up from the crowd in an ominous manner. A gif was made of it and I need that gif and maybe even what show it was on. Does anyone know what the hell I'm talking about?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

tzirean posted:

That's a different ad.
Well, I guess I'm wrong that the ad doesn't exist because it wasn't mentioned in RD Reynolds' book.

Seriously, guys? Really?

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

LividLiquid posted:

Well, I guess I'm wrong that the ad doesn't exist because it wasn't mentioned in RD Reynolds' book.

Seriously, guys? Really?

What are you talking about? I don't think the ad exists either. I just don't think Death of WCW claimed it did.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Fair enough. Just seemed like all the discussion about it not being in the book and no discussion or comments on the fully made-up nature of the ad were pointing in the direction I went. Nevermind.

Rush Hour Renegade
Jul 8, 2008

LividLiquid posted:

Fair enough. Just seemed like all the discussion about it not being in the book and no discussion or comments on the fully made-up nature of the ad were pointing in the direction I went. Nevermind.

I've never seen the ad but it was in the Observer. DVDVR had a thread with Observer quotes for WCW from 1998-2001. It's number 98 in their thread.

http://board.deathvalleydriver.com/index.php?showtopic=294

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

LividLiquid posted:

And I went over the top a bit, sorry.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I have never seen the ad personally, but back in 99 WCW's lovely ad campaign was a major topic of conversation on the Prodigy BB, and something close to that ad was discussed quite a bit.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Rush Hour Renegade posted:

I've never seen the ad but it was in the Observer. DVDVR had a thread with Observer quotes for WCW from 1998-2001. It's number 98 in their thread.
I'm well aware. And I'm calling bullshit. This ad doesn't exist and never happened. Nobody's ever seen a picture of it. Nobody remembers it. The only evidence that it ever happened is not even Meltzer, but a thread full of quotes ATTRIBUTED to Meltzer. It's reached legend status and I've never seen anybody question its authenticity before.

The thing doesn't exist. It never happened.

Not unless somebody has pictures that aren't 'shopped.

PeteRoseHaircut
May 17, 2008

Thank you, Toronto!
So, who's got the better beard:

Grizzly Redwood or Mike Knox?

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

PeteRoseHaircut posted:

Mike Knox's beard is truly impressive, and he's still up and walking around after taking a shillelagh shot to the beard, which gives him the advantage over the Grizz, whose beard was not powerful enough to withstand the mighty boot of Brodie Lee.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LividLiquid posted:

I'm well aware. And I'm calling bullshit. This ad doesn't exist and never happened. Nobody's ever seen a picture of it. Nobody remembers it. The only evidence that it ever happened is not even Meltzer, but a thread full of quotes ATTRIBUTED to Meltzer. It's reached legend status and I've never seen anybody question its authenticity before.

The thing doesn't exist. It never happened.

Not unless somebody has pictures that aren't 'shopped.

In 7 years the Observer back issues will be up to 99 and we can know for sure!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Burrito posted:

There was a ppv or RAW within the past year that had someone with a sign that was a giant cardboard cut out of John Cena's face, and it rose up from the crowd in an ominous manner. A gif was made of it and I need that gif and maybe even what show it was on. Does anyone know what the hell I'm talking about?

No but I must see this. I am giggling madly at the mental image.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

SamuraiFoochs posted:

No but I must see this. I am giggling madly at the mental image.

I've been looking through the gif thread and can't find it and it's upsetting is what it is.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Just catching up on this thread, and now I'm excited for WH2K Secret Santa! Luckily my friend gave me a bag full of WCW action figures recently...

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

triplexpac posted:

Just catching up on this thread, and now I'm excited for WH2K Secret Santa! Luckily my friend gave me a bag full of WCW action figures recently...

I was actually planning on making a thread for everyone to post what kind of stuff they like and who their favorites are, so people can look at that if they don't know what to get them.

Good idea/Bad idea?

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

PeteRoseHaircut posted:

Moondog Spot.

PeteRoseHaircut
May 17, 2008

Thank you, Toronto!

HulkaMatt posted:

I was actually planning on making a thread for everyone to post what kind of stuff they like and who their favorites are, so people can look at that if they don't know what to get them.

Good idea/Bad idea?

Good idea!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

HulkaMatt posted:

Good idea/Bad idea?

it's a far better idea than pissing on an electrical fence.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Better tag team title match that week: Austin/Triple H vs. Benoit/Jericho (RAW 5/21/01) or TLC 3 (Smackdown 5/24/01)?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Kerck Pnameless posted:

Better tag team title match that week: Austin/Triple H vs. Benoit/Jericho (RAW 5/21/01) or TLC 3 (Smackdown 5/24/01)?

The answer is: We were loving spoiled as all hell during that period.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Kerck Pnameless posted:

The Triple H mark in me could never favor the quad breaking match.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I really like Mick Foley. But you can't make me watch TNA. So my question is, what has he done there and what is he doing now? If someone could do a little recap, plus some postives/negatives about his role, that would be a really good read :)

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Alan_Shore posted:

I really like Mick Foley. But you can't make me watch TNA. So my question is, what has he done there and what is he doing now? If someone could do a little recap, plus some postives/negatives about his role, that would be a really good read :)

came in and announced he had purchased a large portion of stock making him the majority shareholder and de facto boss of tna (yet another authority figure), got irritated with the main event mafia, won the World Title at Lockdown from Sting, proceeded to have an absolutely lovely reign, lost it to Kurt Angle, dicked around with the Legends/Global/Beer Drinking championship for a while, and then went on to feud with Abyss for what seemed like forever.

positives: foley has a well paying job and works minimal dates

negatives: dear god, almost everything else he's done in the company.

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Nov 4, 2009

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Also he has turned about 4 times this year.

Also even though he is the majority shareholder he still has to listen to TNA MANAGEMENT!!!

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Kerck Pnameless posted:

I'm a mark for Benoit's "intensity walk" so I'm gonna go TLC 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragging Iron Feet
Nov 10, 2007

by T. Finn
I was just reading through that DVDVR Observer WCW quotes thread and came across this:
"A new-look Ricky Rachmann interviewed a NASCAR driver"
Was this the same Ricky Rachmann of Headbangers Hall/The Cathouse fame?