Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Paulie posted:

I have a wolfknife lasertorch tshirt.

A slightly goonish gentleman came up to me at a restaurant and gave me a "wolfknife lasertorch- right on, man" the first time I wore it in public :c00lbert:

Neither of us said "red dragons."

Hell yeah, I need one of those shirts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Paulie posted:

wolf knife laser torch

What brand of shirt are they printed on?

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
No Ellis for another week? God dammit, I need my fix!

I was sad to load up the Billboard charts and not see Taintstick. From the itunes charting and Amazon sales rank, I thought for sure they could crack the top 200, unless I was looking at the wrong chart?

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Loving Life Partner posted:

No Ellis for another week? God dammit, I need my fix!

I was sad to load up the Billboard charts and not see Taintstick. From the itunes charting and Amazon sales rank, I thought for sure they could crack the top 200, unless I was looking at the wrong chart?

They did on release day but no sustained sales to keep them there.

Ellis is on vacation till next week I think.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

TwistedNails posted:

They did on release day but no sustained sales to keep them there.

Ellis is on vacation till next week I think.

Yeah he'll be back on the 9th.

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

wolfknifeetc shirts are "ELLIS MATE" brand, my purchase was billed from Hart Luck Tattoos.

mugsyRocko
Jun 17, 2008
When I saw the name of this thread my mind flitted to the thought of creating a Goon radio station that would run 24 hours a day - NON STOP ENTERTAINMENT of the Goon variety. Let's get some volunteer DJs. /derail.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

mugsyRocko posted:

When I saw the name of this thread my mind flitted to the thought of creating a Goon radio station that would run 24 hours a day - NON STOP ENTERTAINMENT of the Goon variety. Let's get some volunteer DJs. /derail.

Please exit our thread

nub
Jul 20, 2009

Keep talking.
These "best of" shows have been great - hard to beat yesterday's "best of Rawdog", though. It came at the perfect time; I finally got a chance to sit down and watch the DVD, and laughed my rear end off at the Rawdog mystique.

Love the CD. The clean version of "gently caress your face" is priceless.

EDIT: I had to open my mouth; of course that annoying carnival, Jillian Barberie, was on when I finally got to sit and listen today.

nub fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Nov 5, 2009

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

So Mayhem lost lost night, kind of suck, he got dominated by Shields grappling.

Also, Ellis should be back tomorrow, lets hope his flight makes it and everything so we don't have to wait till Tuesday to hear him live again.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

quote:

RT @ScotteGreen: @jellismate hope your vacation was re-fueling for you all. You going to be back live tomorrow or Tuesday? Tuesday mate

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccck.

nub
Jul 20, 2009

Keep talking.
Tuesday... that sucks.

One more second in the 3rd, and Mayhem would have had it.

Gay Polymers
Jun 14, 2005

I hear voices in my head
They talk to me
They understand
Where are my keys?
Bought my copy of the Taintstick album. Haven't had a chance to listen to it, but I've heard plenty of it on the show.

idolmind86
Jun 13, 2003

It's better to burn out than to fade away.

It's even better to work out, numbnuts.

TwistedNails posted:

So Mayhem lost lost night, kind of suck, he got dominated by Shields grappling.

Also, Ellis should be back tomorrow, lets hope his flight makes it and everything so we don't have to wait till Tuesday to hear him live again.

Yeah, that fight sucked. I know what you mean by saying dominated but I still feel like that is a tough call. His striking was obviously better and it looks like his submission game was better as well but shields and his loving wrestling with take downs and position was able to keep mayhem pretty immobile.

It really bugs me when wrestlers win with just takedowns and position/control without inflicting any damage. I wish there were some way to handle that and force them to actually fight.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

idolmind86 posted:

Yeah, that fight sucked. I know what you mean by saying dominated but I still feel like that is a tough call. His striking was obviously better and it looks like his submission game was better as well but shields and his loving wrestling with take downs and position was able to keep mayhem pretty immobile.

It really bugs me when wrestlers win with just takedowns and position/control without inflicting any damage. I wish there were some way to handle that and force them to actually fight.

Sorry man but it was no where near a tough call, he won easily by points. he controlled the pace, he held dominant positions nearly the entire fight. I wish the round would of had a few more seconds and Mayhem would of pulled off the win by RNC, god drat it was close, loving bell.

I agree that wrestlers are boring when they do that the entire fight, but some are fun to watch like Cock chest Brock Lesner, he wrestles but also pounds the other guys face in. Ground and pound rules, grappling for 5 rounds sucks a cock.

idolmind86
Jun 13, 2003

It's better to burn out than to fade away.

It's even better to work out, numbnuts.

TwistedNails posted:

Sorry man but it was no where near a tough call, he won easily by points. he controlled the pace, he held dominant positions nearly the entire fight. I wish the round would of had a few more seconds and Mayhem would of pulled off the win by RNC, god drat it was close, loving bell.

I agree that wrestlers are boring when they do that the entire fight, but some are fun to watch like Cock chest Brock Lesner, he wrestles but also pounds the other guys face in. Ground and pound rules, grappling for 5 rounds sucks a cock.

Oh, I agree it was a clear loss. I'm not trying to argue that or anything. I guess I was trying to say that, in my opinion, it's hard to call a win dominant when you don't inflict any damage. I really feel like shields should have at least tried to g&p some, he was just playing it as safe as possible.

Cock chest is a monster who at least does a lot of damage while he holds you there helpless.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer
Did Tully leave the show? My friend at work mentioned it at work today.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
He hasn't left yet. Last I was able to hear is that he definitely wants to quit producing the show but would like to continue to be on it. He thinks he's going to be a screen writer.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

LoG posted:

He hasn't left yet. Last I was able to hear is that he definitely wants to quit producing the show but would like to continue to be on it. He thinks he's going to be a screen writer.
I know about following your dream and all that, but this just baffles me. Ellis isn't going to be Howard or O&A but he's going to grow and be around for awhile. They'll eventually (in a year or so?) find some cheap college kids to do the poo poo he doesn't want to.

Trying to make it in LA as a screenwriter? Lottery tickets would be a better bet.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I'm listening to the Tully fiasco right now and it's bumming me out. He really is the glue that keeps this show together, but if he stays on as Cowfucker then all will be well in my view. But I really doubt Sirius-XM is going pay him, seeing as how Tussin works on the show for free.

So is he not going to be on air from this point on, or when is he going to be gone?

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Tully gets really lovely pay from the Faction budget, the dude is smart, he'll do well as a writer. (i hope)

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Just got to the part that Tully is going to be around for a bit, and will be on until they find a new producer.

gently caress man, Tully rules so hard.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

-Atom- posted:

Just got to the part that Tully is going to be around for a bit, and will be on until they find a new producer.

gently caress man, Tully rules so hard.

Now who is going to give Jason the words he is thinking of when he's stumped? :(

drat it I'll miss Tully, he is a cool dude.

Ireneo Funes
Feb 29, 2008

TwistedNails posted:

Now who is going to give Jason the words he is thinking of when he's stumped? :(

Yea, Ellismate will be at a loss for multi-syllabic words now. :(

Didn't Tully also go to LA primarily to be a rockstar or something? I thought I remembered him talking about his band that never made it big or whatever, so he got into radio.

nub
Jul 20, 2009

Keep talking.
This is a really good show, and Tully is an essential part of it. Surely someone at Sirius/XM realizes this. I can't see them not making him some kind of offer, since he has expressed a desire to stay on. It's time for Ellis' budget to get a little injection. Stern's gone next year (allegedly), and they need to be thinking about the future.

The future being The Future.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

nub posted:

It's time for Ellis' budget to get a little injection

He just signed a new contract this year sadly...

nub
Jul 20, 2009

Keep talking.
Is that a contract for his salary, or do you think it follows the Stern model, in which money is allocated to Stern and then he disburses it? From what I heard yesterday, it seemed like the budget for next year isn't finalized yet.

I guess we'll just have to hope. I don't think anyone wants Tully gone, so perhaps that's reason enough for hope.

Girthy
Mar 4, 2008
No one in radio has a Stern contract except Stern.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Rawdog doing Ellis while stalling for time was hilarious.

nub
Jul 20, 2009

Keep talking.
"Aw poo poo! I need my voice altermacation!"

This is hilarious, I love this perfect storm of Ellis unable to connect and Tully out. Could it possibly be a set-up?

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
I'm so glad to have shaboi young wing back, my life was so dreary without his opening 30 minute barrage of disjointed empowering life advice.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

The radio fan in me really wants him to break up with his wife, because that would be fantastic radio.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

The radio fan in me really wants him to break up with his wife, because that would be fantastic radio.

Oh gently caress no, he'd be wasted all the time and lose his job, it would be awful.

It would make a great story but man i'd miss hearing his show.

Girthy
Mar 4, 2008
The segment with the "pin/pan/pen" hick was loving glory...haha..

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Rawdog doing that epic speech during Sigur Ros was so sweet.

TheChaplain
Apr 22, 2002

God is just the start of your problems, neh?
Dude, is it gay if I pump my fist every time they play the "red dragon" clip?

Ireneo Funes
Feb 29, 2008

Did anyone catch that interview he did with the 62-year-old lady today? It was so cringe-inducing. I just felt so dirty after hearing her talk about that sort of stuff. :cry:

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Ireneo Funes posted:

Did anyone catch that interview he did with the 62-year-old lady today? It was so cringe-inducing. I just felt so dirty after hearing her talk about that sort of stuff. :cry:

Literally the only time I changed the station on Ellismate.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

-Atom- posted:

Literally the only time I changed the station on Ellismate.

*ding* Harden the gently caress up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ireneo Funes
Feb 29, 2008

It was just too much. Every time she responded to a question with that creepy old lady voice I just wanted to drive off the road and into a ditch.

• Locked thread