Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Uthor posted:

I'm surprised by the ammount of "Look Out for Motorcycles" signs I see around Central IL. I see it on lots of cars (including cop cars) and big banners here and there. I'd get a bumper sticker, but it's yellow and doesn't match my car. :smith:
Not a lof since I've moved up to Chicago, unfortunately.

Down here they had them at almost every major intersection where there was someplace to put the banners without them obstructing the motorist's view of the corners. I was pleasantly surprised. How did the traffic near campus treat you? That's the only part of town I avoid like the plague. Everywhere else is pretty good around here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Pvt. Public posted:

Down here they had them at almost every major intersection where there was someplace to put the banners without them obstructing the motorist's view of the corners. I was pleasantly surprised. How did the traffic near campus treat you? That's the only part of town I avoid like the plague. Everywhere else is pretty good around here.

I didn't go through campus like I thought I would. My buddy lives west of I-57 off of Bradely. I didn't have any problems riding around except for everyone driving slow. Chi-town everyone drives fast and cuts you off, but I'm so used to it, I'm never surprised.

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

Full article

It runs linux :aaaaa:

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

jdonz posted:

Full article

It runs linux :aaaaa:

For 38 miles.

Article posted:

3 different batteries will be offered, with 11kWh being the biggest one (it should give the bike a range of at least 38 miles

I think i'll pass on that one, thanks.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Doctor Zero posted:

Everybody's a biker same as you no matter how dorky and uncool they are.

I used to believe this, turns out some people are bikers and some people just own motorbikes.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

ReelBigLizard posted:

I used to believe this, turns out some people are bikers and some people just own motorbikes.

I just own a motorcycle. I try not to identify myself by the poo poo I own.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

ReelBigLizard posted:

Well, you do have to ride. Garage queens don't count.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Maybe you ride. I just start mine up and rev it anytime someone comes over. Those straight pipes sound bad as gently caress.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Who needs to ride when you can just trailer it to bike shows, maybe win a dyno shootout or two. You're just jealous because you can't afford it :smug:

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Slim Pickens posted:

Maybe you ride. I just start mine up and rev it anytime someone comes over. Those straight pipes sound bad as gently caress.

Before I learned to ride, I always wondered why bikes had to be revved all the time when they stop at a light or something.

Then I found out the truth. :rolleyes:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
braaaaaaabrabrabrabblablabalhabrab

destructo
Apr 29, 2006
So I don't know anything about bikes but this seems like it might be a bit loud

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

destructo posted:

Safest bike ever made when paired with a leather cap and goggles.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS

lancemantis posted:

Who needs to ride when you can just trailer it to bike shows, maybe win a dyno shootout or two. You're just jealous because you can't afford it :smug:
I know a guy who, I poo poo you not, had his wife trailer his Harley to the mountains so he could ride to the top, then he had her trailer it back home. Dude was too scared to go back down the mountain. Also put the bike away around September. I'm fine with most people who ride whatever it may be, but people like that just annoy the hell out of me.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

destructo posted:

Those pipes look like they're only a foot long, so yeah, probably pretty loud. I'm more surprised the dude didn't go with a hard tail though. Nice looking bike, still. Those are carburetors on the back, by the way.

Also, gently caress Harley riders for the 40th time.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Web cartoons. They're not all that funny, but I liked the tire changing one.
http://sportbikefunnies.com/

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Retarded Pimp posted:

Web cartoons. They're not all that funny, but I liked the tire changing one.

"Ride it like... the chics are waiting"

:raise:????

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Doctor Zero posted:

"Ride it like... the chics are waiting"

:raise:????

That says "chics are watching"

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Boat posted:

That says "chics are watching"

Oh. well that makes sense ... ok no it doesn't.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

Retarded Pimp posted:

Web cartoons. They're not funny at all, but I liked the tire changing one.

fixed.

which is weird. I always assumed you had to have a sense of humor to ride these things.

just goes to show. something.

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST
Yeah, those are about as side-splittingly hilarious as any other web comic.

You see, you see... haw haw haw, there's OIL there, so he AVOIDS the oil!!!! Heh heh heh

SeamusMcPhisticuffs
Aug 2, 2006

republicans.bmp

sigtrap posted:

Yeah, those are about as side-splittingly hilarious as any other web comic.

Not true, I've almost laughed at Penny Arcade before. Not a risk with this poo poo. I bought a shirt though, and the limited signed print.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
But that's your fault, you just don't get XKCD. If you actually get XKCD it's hilarious*.

I've never read XKCD.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS

How hilarious.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Ola posted:

Achewood isn't funny either. :smugbert:

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

Doctor Zero posted:

Achewood isn't funny either. :smugbert:

seconded. Those teddy bear things put me off. They remind me of a rotten apply-headed pilgrim I made in kindergarten with googley eyes for a bizarre class project, which, upon reflection, sounds weirder than it was at the time.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

-Inu- posted:

How hilarious.

This guy should be illustrating boring training manuals.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
Please note; before you die, you may feel surprised. This is normal.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Oh God, it's even better than I'd hoped. I am officially in loving trouble. :ohdear:

And a snazzy intro video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzM-eDhyVkY

redscare
Aug 14, 2003
*drools all over self like a retard*

I WANT. NOW.

*checks wallet*

aww :smith:

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.
That beak is awesome. Looks like an eagle from the side, and a Battlemech from the front.

It's kind of a shame that just managing to get on it would likely be akin to visiting the cliff dwellings at Mesa Verde for me.

ranathari
May 26, 2006

by elpintogrande
gently caress me, that manages to be uglier than the previous Multistrada. It's like a Venetian plague doctor with Downs got his nose cut in half.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
I'm withholding judgement until I see one in person. There are some gorgeous bikes that just don't photograph well.

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000
I don't know I mean venetian plague doctor, wouldn't that be taken as a compliment? Either way I'd be all over it if I wasn't barely making the rent as it is.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Z3n posted:

I'm withholding judgement until I see one in person. There are some gorgeous bikes that just don't photograph well.

I'm putting my nerd rage on hold for the same reason. It looks better than the Multistrada and featurewise it has everything I want in a bike. Plus Ducati sexiness of course.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Agc9NInB158

Ok, featurewise this bike is off the charts. 150 hp in sport or touring mode, 100 hp on urban / endure mode plus abs and traction control.

some blawg posted:

As expected, the base model will feature 50mm Marzocchi forks, while the “S” models get an upgrade via Öhlins suspension. The “S” models will also sport more carbon fiber. Riders can adjust the DES, ABS, Ducati Traction Control (DTS), and engine maps all from the handle bars.

In addition to the kit found on the Multistrada 1200S, the Multistrada 1200S Touring will have side panniers, heated grips and centre stand.

Pricing starts at $14,995, and all the bikes will be available in red or white, while the “S” models will also be available in a black color scheme.

So basically I'm all "yeah it's ugly but dammit this is one fine bike" then suddenly I remember "haha you can't afford this at all". So yeah, problem solved.

edit: this will probably hover around $40K in Norway.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

ranathari posted:

gently caress me, that manages to be uglier than the previous Multistrada. It's like a Venetian plague doctor with Downs got his nose cut in half.

Thank god, I thought I was looking at the wrong bike or going crazy.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taisa
Jul 22, 2004
Sexy Incubus

Doctor Zero posted:

And a snazzy intro video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzM-eDhyVkY

I imagine changing ride modes / locations every time you turned off your blinker could get old.