Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

AuntJemima posted:

Hey cool guys and gals. I haven't listened to anything new or got any new music for about 3 years now so I guess this is a recommend me some new stuff post. I know there is a recommend me thread but I figured I'd get better answers here.

Heres some stuff I'm listening to currently:

Bones Brigade
Gorilla Biscuits
Guns Up!
Iron Age
Kid Dynamite
Lawrence Arms
Modern Life is War
Municipal Waste
None More Black
Paint it Black
Propagandhi
RAMBO
Toxic Narcotic

Also I really dislike super harsh vocals like Abraham Cross, Hellshock or HeWhoCorrupts. You get the idea I hope. Thanks!

If you like bones brigade check out: cut the poo poo (first bones brigade singer), tear it up, down in flames, kill crush destroy, ohuzaru (from italy), dead nation, and the gatecrashers. they may be a little faster thrashier than bones brigade but its the same idea. i guess it also depends on what bones brigade stuff you like.

If you like RAMBO check out: crucial unit, forward to death, coke bust, career suicide, left for dead, what happens next, life's halt. i think tony pointless from rambo is also in a new band called No Friends, which i really liked as well.

I think the Lawrence arms are really really boring, but if you like pop punk like that check out get bent, the dopamines, dear landlord, off with their heads, latterman, shorebirds, or the rest of the bands people have been talking about lately!

I also suggest you change your mind because hewhocorrupts is awesome! :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Straight Fuggin
Feb 5, 2007
MFNEIL
Hey, I am also looking for new recommendations. I listen to His Hero Is Gone, Cro-Mags, Look Back and Laugh, Never Healed, Gehenna, Deathreat, annnd thats about it.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

Dickeye posted:

They were anyway

And, the thread on the KnockKnock board about the test pressings, posted by Adam from It's Alive

e: I'm just waiting for fuckin' Grath to mail my copy

So dude, do you know Grath?

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
What's so wrong with being a punk rock faggot hippy, anyway?

RunTo TheHills posted:

So dude, do you know Grath?

I don't know man, I think he does. I'm impressed. Are you guys impressed? Because I am.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL

gerfatty posted:

I don't know man, I think he does. I'm impressed. Are you guys impressed? Because I am.

Dude i think he knows Grath.

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008
HOLY poo poo JUST GOT BACK FROM hosed UP ALL OF CHEMISTRY OF COMMON LIFE SHOW IT RULED ANDREW W.K WAS LESS AWESOME THAN EXPECTED ALSO THEY PLAYED LIKE 3 SONGS OFF HIDDEN WORLD AND A COVER OF LOUIE LOUIE IT RULLLLLED

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone

gerfatty posted:

It was pretty clear that the kids were in the wrong, and any laughing or whatever was deserved. The entire situation was pretty hosed up, and I definitely don't blame the cops in the slightest.

And yeah, it caused the BTMI Blink-182 cover set to get canceled, which was pretty much the worst thing that could have happened.

NMD Punk/Hardcore/Emo megathread: I definitely don't blame the cops in the slightest

El Jorge
Feb 26, 2006

A spiritus dominatus,
Domine, libra nos,
From the lighting and the tempest,
Our Emperor, deliver us.

A morte perpetua,
Domine, libra nos.
I've been listening to a lot of early screamo recently. Pretty basiclevel stuff, I guess. It's mainly been Orchid, Saetia, Funeral Diner, Pg.99, Circle Takes The Square and stuff like that. Along those lines, what should i check out next?

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

El Jorge posted:

I've been listening to a lot of early screamo recently. Pretty basiclevel stuff, I guess. It's mainly been Orchid, Saetia, Funeral Diner, Pg.99, Circle Takes The Square and stuff like that. Along those lines, what should i check out next?

City of Caterpillar
Amanda Woodward
Daitro
Ampere
Cease Upon the Capitol
Celeste
Comadre
A Day in Black and White - My Heroes Have Always Killed Cowboys
Envy
Joshua Fit for Battle
Kidcrash
Life at These Speeds
Majority Rule
Portraits of Past
Transistor Transistor (a goon is in this band, also they are loving excellent)
Who Calls so Loud
Yaphet Kotto

That should keep you busy for a couple days.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
Cowboys Became Folk Heroes

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl
ok. I hope I don't get banned or probated for this but if I do, I hope you guys get to check my link out first!

http://lyricswillnotreachtheaudience.blogspot.com/

The best blog.

Megiddo
Apr 27, 2004

Unicorns bite, but their bites feel GOOD.
Wouldn't early screamo be stuff from the early '90s era like Angel Hair, Mohinder, Indian Summer, Universal Order of Armageddon, Antioch Arrow, Honeywell, Finger Print, Maximilian Colby, Merel, Reach Out, John Henry West, Current, Assfactor 4, Ivich, Lincoln, etc., or at least up through the mid-'90s (around 1994-1996) with bands like Swing Kids, Portraits of Past, Palatka, Shotmaker, Sleepytime Trio, Anasarca, Guyver-One, Four Hundred Years, Constatine Sankathi, Anomie, Jasemine, I Hate Myself, etc.?

Then in the late '90s (starting around 1997) things progressed into a more modern sound with bands like Saetia, Orchid, Jerome's Dream, Jenny Piccolo, Neil Perry, Song of Zarathustra, Reversal of Man, Pg. 99, Love Lost But Not Forgotten, Funeral Diner, etc., and around/after 2000 came stuff like Off Minor, The Kodan Armada, City of Caterpillar, Amanda Woodward, Mihai Edrisch, Raein, Tristan Tzara, La Quiete, Daitro, etc.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

I think you dropped something.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Megiddo posted:

Wouldn't early screamo be stuff from the early '90s era like Angel Hair, Mohinder, Indian Summer, Universal Order of Armageddon, Antioch Arrow, Honeywell, Finger Print, Maximilian Colby, Merel, Reach Out, John Henry West, Current, Assfactor 4, Ivich, Lincoln, etc., or at least up through the mid-'90s (around 1994-1996) with bands like Swing Kids, Portraits of Past, Palatka, Shotmaker, Sleepytime Trio, Anasarca, Guyver-One, Four Hundred Years, Constatine Sankathi, Anomie, Jasemine, I Hate Myself, etc.?

Then in the late '90s (starting around 1997) things progressed into a more modern sound with bands like Saetia, Orchid, Jerome's Dream, Jenny Piccolo, Neil Perry, Song of Zarathustra, Reversal of Man, Pg. 99, Love Lost But Not Forgotten, Funeral Diner, etc., and around/after 2000 came stuff like Off Minor, The Kodan Armada, City of Caterpillar, Amanda Woodward, Mihai Edrisch, Raein, Tristan Tzara, La Quiete, Daitro, etc.

I gave him my list because it reflected what he liked (the late 90s/early 00s stuff) rather than a history lesson :shobon:

secondhand dog
Sep 10, 2009

Parachute Underwear posted:

City of Caterpillar
Amanda Woodward
Daitro
Ampere
Cease Upon the Capitol
Celeste
Comadre
A Day in Black and White - My Heroes Have Always Killed Cowboys
Envy
Joshua Fit for Battle
Kidcrash
Life at These Speeds
Majority Rule
Portraits of Past
Transistor Transistor (a goon is in this band, also they are loving excellent)
Who Calls so Loud
Yaphet Kotto

That should keep you busy for a couple days.

For someone just getting into emo, Gospel is also a sure shot, since The Moon Is A Dead World rules and is probably one of the best ways for getting into emo if you've got a soft spot for psychedelic and prog.

ALSO, HOLY poo poo. Possibility of a new Gospel album!

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=3015493&blogId=517443425

quote:

we wrote an album's worth of new material that we will be performing.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Whoa holy poo poo didn't they break up?

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

Nonsense is better than no sense at all

RunTo TheHills posted:

So new Dead to Me leaked/is streaming. The first listen didn't blow me away like Cuban Ballerina did. But after a couple of listens, it's grown on me like crazy. I still miss Jack, but after i got over his absence, I think they're moving in a really good direction with this album. Any other opinions?

It's pretty good, but it's just not the same band. Chicken should've changed the name. I had spent the whole album waiting for Jack to contribute some vocals 'cause I didn't know he had left and when it was over I was bit mad. I do like the new direction though.

secondhand dog
Sep 10, 2009

Inspector_71 posted:

Whoa holy poo poo didn't they break up?

As far as I know, they followed the cool thing for bands that release a classic emo album to break up afterwards, and they apparently haven't done a show in like 3 years, so this poo poo's crazy.

Almost as crazy as PUNCH will be in a couple of hours hopefully.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
Illingest punk comp I think I've bought in the past decade: no one left to blame 76-82. Having DV8 on vinyl!!!!

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
Anyone know where to pick up the new Iron Lung, Walls, Pig Heart Transplant collab online? I'd love a copy

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
House Boat got here and it is loving awesome

Angiepants
May 8, 2008
Video from the secret PMFS Fest set. Still super bummed I missed it. Cool to see Mike Hale rocking out though. He was everywhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws5_8mScOzY

Ninja edit: Speaking of Mike Hale, here's Ryan Murphy's Song... with Ryan Murphy. Best show of the weekend for my money. Aside from Wollard, anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htk-gorbz-w

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Angiepants posted:

Video from the secret PMFS Fest set. Still super bummed I missed it. Cool to see Mike Hale rocking out though. He was everywhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws5_8mScOzY

Man, I'd have loved to see PMFS live :(

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
A Wilhelm Scream's new five-song EP is up on iTunes now: http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/a-wilhelm-scream/id337963628

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
New Flatliners is also apparently on iTunes, a little early I guess

aniero
Oct 11, 2009

the new Masakari EP is great!

aniero fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jan 12, 2010

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

http://www.myspace.com/mathsband

These dudes are pretty rad.

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

If you don't like swastikas then you DON'T DESERVE A TATTOO

A5H posted:

http://www.myspace.com/mathsband

These dudes are pretty rad.

The split with Throats is really good.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

Raein coming to the US. East coast only :(

quote:

11/28 NYC @ ABC No Rio w/ Black Kites, Towers + TBA
Philadelphia @ TBA w/ Towers, Pyramids + 1 TBA
11/29 Washington DC @ Mitchell Hall Theater @ GW w/ Pygmy Lush(?) + TBA
11/30 Richmond, VA @ house show
12/1 Charlotte, NC @ Lunchbox Records
12/2 Atlanta, GA @ TBA
12/3 Nashville @ TBA
12/4 Indianapolis, IN @ the DOJO w/ Phoenix Bodies, Native, Slam Dunk, What Lurks
12/5 Chicago, IL @ Summer Camp w/ Phoenix Bodies, Native, Bad Words, The New Yorker
12/6 Cleveland, OH @ The Tower w/ Morsebane, Mammals + TBA
12/7 Pittsburgh, PA HELP!
12/8 Baltimore, MD @ Barclay House w/ Army of Kashyyyk, 1994, Pala, Dawn Treader
12/9 NYC @ TBA
12/10 Boston, MA @ TBA w/ Furnace, Ampere(?) + TBA

I hate you fucks.

EDIT: Just noticed they are playing a date with Dawn Treader, didn't realize they were still a band. Now I really hate you fucks.

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl

rivals posted:

I hate you fucks.

EDIT: Just noticed they are playing a date with Dawn Treader, didn't realize they were still a band. Now I really hate you fucks.

Screw you buddy, at least you get SOME good shows.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Pantalones! posted:

Screw you buddy, at least you get SOME good shows.

:canada:

you are that guy, right?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

rivals posted:

I hate you fucks.

HOLY poo poo HOLY poo poo HOLY poo poo HOLY poo poo

Too bad I missed La Quiete when they came through :(

(I'm listening to Raein right now actually)

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl

Parachute Underwear posted:

:canada:

you are that guy, right?

Yea but I live in montreal now. It's actually even worse than ottawa at times. Seems like there's less local bands :(.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Pantalones! posted:

Yea but I live in montreal now. It's actually even worse than ottawa at times. Seems like there's less local bands :(.

Yeah, but at least you get bigger bands now. They usually just skip Ottawa.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Chokebore are reforming for a while to play some European dates soon, you should all go, Chokebore owned.

edit: Also, Swing Kids are releasing a new 7" apparently? What.

eleven extra elephants fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Nov 20, 2009

secondhand dog
Sep 10, 2009

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

edit: Also, Swing Kids are releasing a new 7" apparently? What.

I didn't think the reunion show would be enough for them to go record anything else.

I don't know how I would feel about listening to new Swing Kids. I mean, their disco is really sick and all, but to play that kind of stuff now just seems weird.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
Low Threat Profile is releasing a 7" on Deep Six. Even though they have about 38 seconds of recorded material they are definitely one of my favorite bands. The 7" is out of 100 and is up for pre-order now. I suggest you move fast if you want one!

http://www.deepsixrecords.com/newreleases.htm

Izzy Mandelbaum
Dec 5, 2006

It's go time

Inspector_71 posted:

HOLY poo poo HOLY poo poo HOLY poo poo HOLY poo poo

Too bad I missed La Quiete when they came through :(

(I'm listening to Raein right now actually)

They toured Australia a few weeks ago. If you have a chance to see them you really should. Awesome band.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl
I'm making a comp of anti-cop songs for a project, any recommendations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008

Competition posted:

I'm making a comp of anti-cop songs for a project, any recommendations?

Do they have to be punk/hardcore? Because J. Dilla's gently caress The Police is an awesome/intense anti-cop song...