Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sizzlechest
May 7, 2007
This was an old article about a military anecdote. It went something like this:

A guy sees a military demonstration of a big gun being fired. There's four people involved, but only three soldiers are doing any real work. The forth soldier is just standing there. He asks why they have 4 people to do a job that just needs 3, but nobody knows. He investigates and nobody can answer. Eventually, he runs into a retired general and it's discovered the 4th person is needed to steady the horses. It was an anecdote about how rules get set and followed long after their usefulness. I can't find this article anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Styliferous
Apr 23, 2005

ElectroBolt™
by Ryan Industries
Grimey Drawer
I'm looking for a video posted in Games a few years back by SAS moderator Albrot for some college film class he had. Essentially, it was a documentary style video about a fake Counter-Strike tournament, where he interviewed the staff and members of the clans that were going to be competing. The venue was basically a one room area with a banner hung, like a classroom or something. One of the clans was called "Bigger Truck", and there was a guy on it named "B-Nal" who likened himself to A-Rod or D-Wade.

I distinctly remember that the tournament was sponsored by an energy drink called "Fizz-X", and there was a fake commercial where Albrot walks along a sidewalk, and a guy asks him if he's going to class. Albrot then turns around and shouts in an excited voice, "YEAH MAN, FIZZ-X CLASS!" and then sucks down one of the bottles of Fizz-X, while the camera zooms in on the other guy who yells WOAHHH.

I think it was called "The Big Day" or something like that, and it was hosted on Google Video. I've been looking for this since the thread disappeared out of Games.

Hannah Banana
Jul 16, 2009

Let me show you the REAL New Deal
I have been looking for an image that was around on the forums a number of years a go. It was a Pokemon poster but it had pictures of goons instead, it said something like "SA Goons: Gotta Catch Em' All!" I would love to find that again.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

This isn't internet junk, per se, but I figured if anyone can help me find it it's goons, if it exists. It is rumoured there is an episode of South Park about a particular highschool refusing to let the Indigo Girls (or some representation thereof) play after they found out they were lesbians, this school being in the middle of the bible belt. The only specific I know is that the principal was referred to as Mr. Twit, and due to legal threats the episode was banned and possibly only ever aired once if at all. If such magic exists, I would love to know where to find it.

PlasticSpoon
Apr 2, 2004
I'll put the time of this around 2000.

It was an animation for a new (at the time) game. It had 3d models. It had 2 maybe 3 characters in a small one room house with just a table, I think they were playing D&D? Anyway, all I can remember is "Mom, do you have anymore moumtain dew?!" In a really annoying, whining voice. And the creature saying it had horns curved infront of his face.

Im pretty sure it was about D&D, I remember them saying stuff about adding plus 3 to armor, and then asking stupid nerd questions about the plus 3 to armor (like if it happened in real life).

I know that description is spotty, but this was a 5-6 minute video I saw when I was like 13, tops.

edit: Found my own request by googling different forms of "wheres the mountain dew"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zng5kRle4FA

PlasticSpoon fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Nov 4, 2009

PlasticSpoon
Apr 2, 2004

Kitsy posted:

This isn't internet junk, per se, but I figured if anyone can help me find it it's goons, if it exists. It is rumoured there is an episode of South Park about a particular highschool refusing to let the Indigo Girls (or some representation thereof) play after they found out they were lesbians, this school being in the middle of the bible belt. The only specific I know is that the principal was referred to as Mr. Twit, and due to legal threats the episode was banned and possibly only ever aired once if at all. If such magic exists, I would love to know where to find it.

Uh pretty sure no. Im a big big SP fan. I have never heard of this episode.

CaptainHairdo
Nov 19, 2005
"You should really be doing some research rather than browsing the forums in your underwear."
\
:backtowork:

PlasticSpoon posted:

I'll put the time of this around 2000.

It was an animation for a new (at the time) game. It had 3d models. It had 2 maybe 3 characters in a small one room house with just a table, I think they were playing D&D? Anyway, all I can remember is "Mom, do you have anymore moumtain dew?!" In a really annoying, whining voice. And the creature saying it had horns curved infront of his face.

Im pretty sure it was about D&D, I remember them saying stuff about adding plus 3 to armor, and then asking stupid nerd questions about the plus 3 to armor (like if it happened in real life).

I know that description is spotty, but this was a 5-6 minute video I saw when I was like 13, tops.

edit: Found my own request by googling different forms of "wheres the mountain dew"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zng5kRle4FA

A little more info on this, if you're interested. The sketch was originally audio only by the Dead Alewives and also included both a prologue and epilogue explaining that Dungeons and Dragons is "Satan's game."

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

RiffRaff1138 posted:

This has to be either Cyberdogs, or the sequel, C-Dogs. You can find both here.

Jesus Christ, that's really it. Thank you so much :)

poor nose
Oct 29, 2005

A couple years ago in a creepy videos thread there was a video of this little thing walking along a dock while some weird creature stalked it from below the dock the video ends with the creature pulling the other thing under the dock.

does that make sense to anyone?

Wiggler
Apr 1, 2008
Jim Henson Funeral (Conducted by ~50 Kermit Puppets)

Sometime between 1998-2005, there was a short film consisting of numerous CGI?
Kermit puppets laying a Jim Henson puppet to rest; it seemed to be some kind of memorial film and I don't believe it was official by any means. IIRC, it was from some European country. That's all I got and i have been trying to find it since.

Thanks!

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Styliferous posted:

I'm looking for a video posted in Games a few years back by SAS moderator Albrot for some college film class he had. Essentially, it was a documentary style video about a fake Counter-Strike tournament, where he interviewed the staff and members of the clans that were going to be competing. The venue was basically a one room area with a banner hung, like a classroom or something. One of the clans was called "Bigger Truck", and there was a guy on it named "B-Nal" who likened himself to A-Rod or D-Wade.

I distinctly remember that the tournament was sponsored by an energy drink called "Fizz-X", and there was a fake commercial where Albrot walks along a sidewalk, and a guy asks him if he's going to class. Albrot then turns around and shouts in an excited voice, "YEAH MAN, FIZZ-X CLASS!" and then sucks down one of the bottles of Fizz-X, while the camera zooms in on the other guy who yells WOAHHH.

I think it was called "The Big Day" or something like that, and it was hosted on Google Video. I've been looking for this since the thread disappeared out of Games.
First of all, wow really?

Second of all, why didn't you just ask me?
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7939227392028324709&hl=en

Thirdly, his name was A-Nal. Like anal. It's a joke, see?!?

LZEnglish
Jul 11, 2009

poor nose posted:

A couple years ago in a creepy videos thread there was a video of this little thing walking along a dock while some weird creature stalked it from below the dock the video ends with the creature pulling the other thing under the dock.

does that make sense to anyone?

The Pier

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Where is thread where they showed Teen Titans characters getting abused by X or them doing strange acts? Someone also has an avatar of those images with X mentioning himself.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
X GON' GIVE IT TO YA

little wing
Jan 25, 2004
CROTCH, DIET, WORKOUT ROUTINE
There was a game that I believe was mentioned at least once or twice on these forums. It was en educational simulation that was turn-based, and you live out life as a person in a developing country (commonly India). It would give you updates like "India is at war over the Kashmir state" and stuff about politics, agriculture, the economy, etc. It's not Third World Farmer. I think it might have been available through a trial or was put out by some other company as an educational tool.

Sizzlechest
May 7, 2007

Scalding Coffee posted:

Where is thread where they showed Teen Titans characters getting abused by X or them doing strange acts? Someone also has an avatar of those images with X mentioning himself.

:nws: http://rule34.paheal.net/post/view/318957
:nws: http://rule34.paheal.net/post/view/125097

Styliferous
Apr 23, 2005

ElectroBolt™
by Ryan Industries
Grimey Drawer

ALFbrot posted:

First of all, wow really?

Second of all, why didn't you just ask me?
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7939227392028324709&hl=en

Thirdly, his name was A-Nal. Like anal. It's a joke, see?!?

Haha yesssssss. I would've asked you for it but I've never seen you in irc and I don't have PMs.

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

Toastline posted:

There was a site which I think was japanese, and had a black-and-white theme to it. It had a menu that was like a tentacular tree thing with little nodules that you could click on. I remember one loading sequence that had something like a guy spinning on a turntable while speakers boomed. There were some robots involved on the main part of the site; I think you could buy models of them or something. I think it was mostly Flash, but it had some really impressive 3d-looking stuff going on. It had some animations that you could watch, I think... sorry if this is too vague... I think last time I saw it was late 90s, maybe early 2000s.

I think you might be referring to http://www.tokyoplastic.com

ThePDW
Mar 26, 2007

Thus saith the Lord!

poo poo, this is a longshot but does anyone remember a blog, back in 2004 or 5 or sometime towards the beginning of the Iraq war, that was written by some journalist/amateur photographer who was stationed with a unit in the 4th Infantry Division. It was very well written and had a lot of interesting combat stories and photos. I remember him writing about one of the commanders who seemed to have a sixth sense in a spotting ambushes. I think this blogger ended up writing a book based on his experiences but man were there some interesting stories. IIRC it was hosted by Blogspot...

Dr Jankenstein
Aug 6, 2009

Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.

little wing posted:

There was a game that I believe was mentioned at least once or twice on these forums. It was en educational simulation that was turn-based, and you live out life as a person in a developing country (commonly India). It would give you updates like "India is at war over the Kashmir state" and stuff about politics, agriculture, the economy, etc. It's not Third World Farmer. I think it might have been available through a trial or was put out by some other company as an educational tool.

Real lives.

http://www.educationalsimulations.com/products.html

That's the new one. You're born in some random country, and have chances based on that country-ie if you're born in sub-sarahan africa, odds are you're hosed, you'll go to two years of school before being forced to work/scrounge for food, and you're likely going to have a shitload of medical conditions.

It's hella fun. And hella depressing.

little wing
Jan 25, 2004
CROTCH, DIET, WORKOUT ROUTINE

AA is for Quitters posted:

Real lives.

http://www.educationalsimulations.com/products.html

That's the new one. You're born in some random country, and have chances based on that country-ie if you're born in sub-sarahan africa, odds are you're hosed, you'll go to two years of school before being forced to work/scrounge for food, and you're likely going to have a shitload of medical conditions.

It's hella fun. And hella depressing.

Thank you so much! This is it! There goes my evening!

Tikifire
Jun 22, 2006

Would you like to touch my monkey?
There was a video I saw on a humor site a few years back that involved a guy getting a video of donkey sex or horse sex sent to him by a friend as a joke at work. The guy loses his job and then his life progressively gets worse and worse until he's finally dead and then it still gets worse for him.

SNAKEZONE
Jul 2, 2003

But what if I don't want to ride the snake?

Tikifire posted:

There was a video I saw on a humor site a few years back that involved a guy getting a video of donkey sex or horse sex sent to him by a friend as a joke at work. The guy loses his job and then his life progressively gets worse and worse until he's finally dead and then it still gets worse for him.

Farm Sluts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snjCj0ntG8E

Tikifire
Jun 22, 2006

Would you like to touch my monkey?

Thanks!

Toastline
Dec 7, 2005
Chain Chomp

Jivesauce posted:

I think you might be referring to http://www.tokyoplastic.com

Heyy groovy that was the one! Thanks!

Toastline fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Nov 12, 2009

Doug
Feb 27, 2006

This station is
non-operational.
I posted this in PYR a few months ago but didn't get any hits.

When I was in high school around 2000-2001 my friends and I were passing around this mp3 of a skit called "frogaine" it was made to sound like a radio commercial about frogaine and how it made your fro bushy and super fly. I think the main subject of the commercial was Tyrone Pimperton. At the end, I believe there was an ad for pranky.com. I haven't been able to find this anywhere, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

ryn
Apr 23, 2003

Ostia Pyrosis posted:

Two things I want to track down that I know I found on here:

a) The prank calls some goons made to a "Mr Batts" about wanting to purchase a bat from him.

Didn't see anyone else fill this so here you go: MISTER BATTS

Found this old Cornbeef (?) flash animation as well. FYAD Hell Circus with some Mindless Self Indulgence song.

Chairman Chao
Aug 29, 2009
I remember that back in the 90s, somebody had made a dark and violent Smurfs homebrew RPG about Smurfs murdering other Smurfs. I've searched and searched and can't find it anywhere. If anybody can find it, that would be fantastic. If it just can't be found, then if anybody even remembers it, please speak up so I know I'm not crazy.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

little wing posted:

Thank you so much! This is it! There goes my evening!

...that just reminded me; I got the full version as thanks for beta testing it. :q:

PlasticSpoon
Apr 2, 2004
More of a somethingawful thing, but I remember there was a megathread for finance, stocks, and such. I think it was in GBS but this was at least a year ago, is there still one now? I can't find one.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
I can't recall if what I'm thinking of is from the internet or somewhere else, but there's the video I saw once. It's animated and it's about this guy who's trying to practice for some piano recital and he keeps getting distracted and stuff, and meanwhile outside the world is ending, and we see footage of it on one of the guys TVs. I might have mixed up some details but that's the gist of it... what am I thinking of?

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
I'm looking for a Silent Hill video that I saw on YouTube several months ago... I've never played the games, so I'm 100% sure about this, but I believe it was an official or semi-official release (it was definitely not an amateur fanvid). It was like a music video, cut together from random images from the game, set to industrial music -- not a walkthrough. I believe it had a Japanese title that was two or three words long.

I've tried looking for it on YouTube, but there are like 150,000 Silent Hill videos and I can't think of a way to narrow my search terms.

Does this sound familiar?

Edit: I mean industrial music like the music at 1:00 of this video, not like KMFDM-type industrial.

Rabbit Hill fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Nov 22, 2009

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen

Lord of Laughton posted:

I can't recall if what I'm thinking of is from the internet or somewhere else, but there's the video I saw once. It's animated and it's about this guy who's trying to practice for some piano recital and he keeps getting distracted and stuff, and meanwhile outside the world is ending, and we see footage of it on one of the guys TVs. I might have mixed up some details but that's the gist of it... what am I thinking of?

This sort of sounds like a mix of two cartoons by the same animator: The Big Snit and Getting Started. Getting Started is the piano one, and The Big Snit has the world ending while the main characters are oblivious to what is going on outside.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

Rabbit Hill posted:

I'm looking for a Silent Hill video that I saw on YouTube several months ago... I've never played the games, so I'm 100% sure about this, but I believe it was an official or semi-official release (it was definitely not an amateur fanvid). It was like a music video, cut together from random images from the game, set to industrial music -- not a walkthrough. I believe it had a Japanese title that was two or three words long.

I've tried looking for it on YouTube, but there are like 150,000 Silent Hill videos and I can't think of a way to narrow my search terms.

Does this sound familiar?

Edit: I mean industrial music like the music at 1:00 of this video, not like KMFDM-type industrial.

Was it any of these?

Usagi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM2mrpdf7fc

Ki-No-Ko
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ_nXqpP4Zk&feature=related

Fukuro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVcVq0BCBvg&feature=related

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

The last time I checked that old Comedy Goldmine vid "Yo butt ain't made for that" only the audio worked. :unsmith:

Any chance the whole thing is out there somewhere?

Mourning Due
Oct 11, 2004

*~ missin u ~*
:canada:
I remember once a while back there was a hilarious thread/video made by a goon all about a certain hunting computer game. Said game worked sort of like an MMO, in that you could form a hunting party and go out into the forest. The video that was made was hilarious. It had a hard-rock soundtrack and focussed on the various glitches and bugs contained in the game.

Anyone remember this?

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
everytime a thread like this comes along I ask for the animgif of simon from castlevania whipping kid icarus on a treadmill. Nobody seams to have it anymore.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
It was Fukuro -- thanks!

rxcowboy
Sep 13, 2008

I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth; fucked both a chick and her mom

I will get anal. Oh yes.
A few years ago there was a flash animation that someone made based on threads in FYAD. I think it was called FYAD FYAD LOL and all the episodes used to be hosted on a website that was easy to find on google but now when i look for them I can't find poo poo.

Anyone have any suggestions of where to see them at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Science
Jun 28, 2006
. . .
Back in the day, on one of the Goon Counter-Strike dedicated servers we had an mp3 based on C-note's "My bazooka" youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwo_X_XwWBk).

I remember it having some brass as well, but it was mostly terrible and based on a few loops of the audio from the youtube video.

I'm afraid I can't recall the year too well. It was definitely before CS:S was out.

Does anyone happen to have the mp3?

• Locked thread