Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Action Serious posted:

I'm in southeast Michigan.

How Southeast? Missed my only chance so far farther north.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whorehey
Jun 3, 2006
You saw it here first folks...

Action Serious posted:

I'm in southeast Michigan.

Where in SE Michigan did you find Wave 10? I've been searching all over SE Michigan for months for anything newer than Wave 8 and I've come up NIL.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Wow, you have wave 8? I never even saw those at retail. They were like an online exclusive.

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009
I'm in Ann Arbor, I've seen them at a couple in Washtenaw county and a I think one in Wayne.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Two Wal-Marts in this drat city and still nothing but Captain Cold. Hopefully they'll hit Washington soon.

walkthelastroad
Oct 16, 2008

by Tiny Fistpump
I'm working on a custom Cyber figure. Its in the marvel legends scale, and the base was a ML cyclops with a modified wolverine head. I think its coming along pretty decent.

Whorehey
Jun 3, 2006

Action Serious posted:

I'm in Ann Arbor, I've seen them at a couple in Washtenaw county and a I think one in Wayne.

Strange, I checked two Walmarts in that area as that's where I'm from, or that's where I get my comics (Vault of Midnight). If you don't mind my asking, which stores in particular? I've been itching for some of these figures. I don't mean to hassle you, but I refuse to pay what the people on e-bay are asking. It's just ridiculous.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Checked the local 24-hour Wal-Mart just now on a whim, on my way back from a friend's house, and they actually had Wave 10 stuff. Picked up Power Girl (only one they had). It's the only figure in the wave I care about, and I don't care about the build-a-figure piece. If anyone wants it, it's yours if you cover the cost of shipping and whatnot.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

All I've been able to find is Power Girl.

Here's a hard to read list on what stores MIGHT have DCUC 10
http://www.actionfigurepics.com/2009/10/will-your-local-wal-mart-carry-dc-universe-classics-wave-10

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

This is from somewhere in Las Vegas. I would probably poo poo myself if I saw that.

Whorehey
Jun 3, 2006

Fish Of Doom posted:

This is from somewhere in Las Vegas. I would probably poo poo myself if I saw that.

That almost hurts to look at :(

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009

Whorehey posted:

Strange, I checked two Walmarts in that area as that's where I'm from, or that's where I get my comics (Vault of Midnight). If you don't mind my asking, which stores in particular? I've been itching for some of these figures. I don't mean to hassle you, but I refuse to pay what the people on e-bay are asking. It's just ridiculous.

The new one on State and Michigan ave had everything and the one on Ellsworth towards Ypsi had 1/2 the wave.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Fish Of Doom posted:

mothergently caress

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Well if I came across that everyone would be getting their DCUC10 here

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

That's a few years old, back from when NECA had the Ghostbusters license but only made Slimer, Mr. Stay-Puft, the Terror Dogs, and Gozer. Bill Murray was a dick about releasing his likeness rights, so NECA never made the four Ghostbusters. I think the scale for these will be close enough that they could be displayed with the new Mattel figures, though.

Of course, I'm still not convinced we'll ever see a Venkman from Mattel...

LtCrowley posted:

God loving drat it.

That Bill stuff makes sense, I was wondering where the Venkman figures were. You'd think he'd take what he can get in the way of cash, I know he fancies himself a serious actor these days and all but he's not exactly booked out.

There will be Venkman figures.

Whorehey
Jun 3, 2006

Action Serious posted:

The new one on State and Michigan ave had everything and the one on Ellsworth towards Ypsi had 1/2 the wave.

Son. Of. A. Bitch. I went to that new Walmart they just put up in Saline on State and Michigan ave last Thursday. The shelf was barren except for a Captain Cold and a Cyborg. I was afraid that I had missed them but it didn't make much sense for me for a store that's not even a month old to have those old waves of toys to begin with. Oh well, I guess I'll just keep on looking there on my way to the comic shop on Thursdays. Thanks, though.

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009

Whorehey posted:

Son. Of. A. Bitch. I went to that new Walmart they just put up in Saline on State and Michigan ave last Thursday. The shelf was barren except for a Captain Cold and a Cyborg. I was afraid that I had missed them but it didn't make much sense for me for a store that's not even a month old to have those old waves of toys to begin with. Oh well, I guess I'll just keep on looking there on my way to the comic shop on Thursdays. Thanks, though.

I got them there on saturday afternoon. just a heads up

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

A picture of the Hot Toys comedian came out today.

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.cooltoyreview.com/2009/HT-WatchmenComedianCTRexclusive.jpg&text=

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

That is a super creepy rape face.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

Sanschel posted:

That is a super creepy rape face.

Then they got it right I guess.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Bushifox posted:

Then they got it right I guess.

There's no denying how good Hot Toys has gotten about faces recently. Check out the Blade that Sideshow just put up for pre-order:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=900553

Makes me not so bummed my old Medicom one broke.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
That is a huge loving head on Comedian

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Just a reminder for those who want to build their Lantern armies: The Sinestro Corps 2-pack is on sale today on mattycollector.com. People are saying they're going to buy 3 just for 3 dogs for Karu Sil, so who knows how fast they'll go.

Ogmios
Dec 2, 2004

Angry pumpkin, Japanese demon, dragon of avarice...
Thanks for the heads-up. Just ordered Color of Fear two pack!

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
I found out today that my comic book shop guy can order me a Nightwing and Power Girl from the new DCU wave. They were in Previews and everything.

Unless those are different? I dunno they sure looked like the new ones.

edit: Oh, it was probably the IC one. Oh well.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

What does IC mean?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I think those are the 3" figs

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward

Zeitgueist posted:

What does IC mean?
The Infinite Crisis line. I knew it wouldn't be that easy to find a stupid wave 10 figure.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

The Infinite Crisis line. I knew it wouldn't be that easy to find a stupid wave 10 figure.

But Nightwing isn't wave 10, and I don't think Powergirl ever appeared in Infinite Crisis figures?

AlkalinePunk
Oct 2, 2003

Your Mix: INFERIOR! Soundwave's Best of Emo: SUPERIOR!
http://www.starstore.com/acatalog/Starstore_Catalogue_INFINITE_CRISIS_SERIES_1_ACTION_FIGURES_6409.html

:D

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

I found out today that my comic book shop guy can order me a Nightwing and Power Girl from the new DCU wave. They were in Previews and everything.

Unless those are different? I dunno they sure looked like the new ones.

Actually, Nightwing and Powergirl are both scheduled for rereleases in 2010 waves. They'll be under the World's Greatest Superheroes moniker and come with stands instead of BAF parts, but they're the same figures, similar to the releases of Batman, Flash, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, and Firestorm.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward

Zeitgueist posted:

But Nightwing isn't wave 10, and I don't think Powergirl ever appeared in Infinite Crisis figures?
Yeah, I figured that out a little later as I was looking up what wave he was in. The other two on the page were Hal Jordan and Green Arrow so I'm not sure what the heck was going on.

The little picture in Previews sure looked like the Nightwing from wave 3.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

It was. Him and Powergirl are being rereleased with wave 12, as well as Green Arrow and Hal.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Those aren't made by Mattel, which is what he was referring to.

quote:

Actually, Nightwing and Powergirl are both scheduled for rereleases in 2010 waves. They'll be under the World's Greatest Superheroes moniker and come with stands instead of BAF parts, but they're the same figures, similar to the releases of Batman, Flash, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, and Firestorm.

This isn't entirely accurate.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Zeitgueist posted:

This isn't entirely accurate.

It is, actually. Whether in wave 12, or some other refresher case, in 2010, there will rereleases of Nightwing and Powergirl sans BAF pieces. What Wind Up Bird saw in the previews catalog was these.

You can preorder from several sites.
http://www.urban-collector.com/dc-heroes-wave-12-nightwing-action-figure-nov091248.html
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MTR5777
http://www.collectorsworldstore.com/nov091248.html
http://www.pastgenerationtoys.com/product/DCUC12_NTWING_XXXXXX/Nightwing_DC_Universe_Classics_Action_Figure_Wave_12_PreOrder.html

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Fish Of Doom posted:

It is, actually. Whether in wave 12, or some other refresher case, in 2010, there will rereleases of Nightwing and Powergirl sans BAF pieces. What Wind Up Bird saw in the previews catalog was these.

That's not the part I was arguing.

World's Greatest Super Heroes is a completely different product.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

It's both actually. It's the name of both the reissues of old all star figures with a stand as well as their weird new Mego styled dolls.

Since they're not wave specific, they're just called "WGSH"

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3519378

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Nov 19, 2009

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Fish Of Doom posted:

It's both actually. It's the name of both the reissues of old all star figures with a stand as well as their weird new Mego styled dolls.

Since they're not wave specific, they're just called "WGSH"
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3519378

Actually it's neither. That's the working name for the Mego styled dolls, but they won't be sold as that. Why the Toys R Us site is calling them that, I have no clue, but that is not their name, and doesn't appear anywhere officially.

edit: lol where did you get that picture? It looks like a photoshop. That must be a really old package or something...

Zeitgueist fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Nov 19, 2009

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=10&itemid=15090

The folks at Mattel have announced that, in addition to sales on their website, they eventually will sell their 6" Batman: Dark Knight figures at Toys R' Us stores.

The Joker as Gotham City Thug figure which is currently available at MattyCollector.com will remain an exclusive to that website. Mattel will continue to release one figure on their website each month starting on December 15th. Figures will be priced at $15 each, down from the original $20 price tag. After all figures in the wave have been released on the Mattel website, all figures except the Joker as Gotham City Thug will be made available at Toys R' Us stores beginning in Spring 2010. Here is the release schedule for MattyCollector.com (subject to change).

* ON SALE NOW: The Joker as Gotham City Thug — a MattyCollector.com exclusive!
* December 15: Survival Suit Bruce Wayne
* January 15: Harvey Dent
* February 15: The Joker with Missile Launcher
* March 15: Scarecrow
* April 15: Batman (Night Vision)
* May 17: Two-Face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

I bet that means that it sold really poorly. I'd throw a couple on to something I already ordered on Matty for $15 to save on shipping.