Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Kickass
Jan 12, 2007

by angerbeet
Wow, Dale. You look pretty down for a guy in a propane dealership.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Stutes posted:

I was watching this today and noticed that apparently Wyatt Cenac was a writer on the show?
He was a staff writer for a bunch of later seasons. Definitely solid credit.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
"You're right! I can feeling the denim loosening!"

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

I'm starting to think my favorite thing about Dale is his Mountain Dew habit.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
You don't wanna miss that new Edelbrock. ITS LOUD.

I love how meta that episode gets when Elvin(voiced by Trace Adkins) smashes open a store window to steal a Trace Adkins CD.

MrBigglesworth
Mar 26, 2005

Lover of Fuzzy Meatloaf
Wow, holy poo poo, this was my first time to see this episode. So was the one when Peggy takes over cheerleading coach duties.

I thought I had seen all the episodes.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Am I the only person who isn't annoyed by Peggy? I think she's hilarious.

jromano
Sep 24, 2007

BlueBayou posted:

Bill, do you have any idea what that song is about? It's about a dragon!

I love this show so much.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The one where Shop class is taught by Hank was on the other day. That one always makes me feel sad, because Hank was made for that job. Plus, Peggy wins the battle, but loses the war.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Acceptance of Peggy is the sign of a true fan. She's made to be that way.

Also, in spite of having watched every KOTH at least 3-4 times, I just spotted something new today. In the episode where Peggy gets a garden gnome(Winklebottom), Joseph has a motorbike and that's a background plot where he's always seen doing stupid stuff on it. At the end of the episode when Hank gives Peggy the Figgleforth, Joseph can be seen limping by in the background with a crutch.

It was such a :monocle: moment for me because I'd never noticed it before but that's such great attention to detail by Judge.

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

I am all about Peggy. I think she's a riot as well.

You missed the crutch moment, Crotch Bat? That's one of the best parts of the episode. Aside from, oh, the whole rest of the episode, that is. Winklebottom is awesome. And I THINK we have Wyatt Cenac to thank for it.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9

twistedmentat posted:

The one where Shop class is taught by Hank was on the other day. That one always makes me feel sad, because Hank was made for that job. Plus, Peggy wins the battle, but loses the war.

I had an awesome (metal/Machine Tool) shop teacher, he was cool as poo poo and I could retell stories about the fun poo poo we did but it's not for this thread.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

If you don't comprehend and appreciate the intricate construct of Peggy's personality you are not a true fan of the show. :smugdog:

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Nov 12, 2009

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Peggy is brilliant

Hank does not want me anywhere near the Final Jam concert. He said he was afraid I'd take a swing at Faith Hill for stealing our last name.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I love how Hank named his dog after a DEMOCRATIC president's Wife.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

I cant stand Peggy. She may be the very worst character in any fictional medium or creation ever, and almost everything she says or does makes me physically cringe. Dale also occasionally has those moments, though his are cheeky and fun.

This show is definitely an acquired taste...

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

I love how Hank named his dog after a DEMOCRATIC president's Wife.

From Texas, though.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Peggy makes me think of a motherly sex-changed Michael Scott.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
Peggy reminds me of my mother where she's so terribly unfunny (but oh how she tries) that she ends up being hilarious.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Peggy Hill *is* Ted Baxter

edit: God I just cannot get over the fact that Enrique is played by Danny Trejo

BlueBayou fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Nov 16, 2009

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rusty Shackelford posted:

From Texas, though.

And I'm not talking about George Herbert Walker Bush.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oh god, Hank thinking he's on drugs is one of the funniest things ever.

To high to drive!

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Bobby, I do not know how a giraffe got into the nativity scene, but I like it. Stay right here, I'm going to see if I can find a zebra.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

twistedmentat posted:

Oh god, Hank thinking he's on drugs is one of the funniest things ever.

To high to drive!

Hank: Talking to myself...that's a side effect of the marijuana poisoning!

Sheriff: Debbie's roommate has an interesting alibi for the night of the murder...says he was with you, sparking up a J.
Peggy: In English, Sheriff?
Sheriff: Lighting up a J.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I saw the vet episode for the first time and it just made me mad. Hank isn't that dumb.

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

Tender Bender posted:

I saw the vet episode for the first time and it just made me mad. Hank isn't that dumb.

"Hank, no one pays sticker price."

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

BlueBayou posted:

edit: God I just cannot get over the fact that Enrique is played by Danny Trejo

And Octavio, dude.

Are you backing out on me, new Gribble?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

gently caress, Hank's Bully is such an awesome episode. Always watch it.

Tender Bender posted:

No, Hank isn't that dumb. But he's often naive when he's out of his depth.

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

dusty old bones, full of green dust

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Tender Bender posted:

Hank needed the vet to sign a form stating the cat was being well-treated, and the vet basically refused to do it until Hank coughed up the cash for a bunch of stupid tests. I'm honestly not sure if the vet was trying to get Hank's money or if he was just stupid, but either way, given the situation, Hank didn't really have much of a choice in the matter.

Also keep in mind that Hank has never owned a cat and knows nothing of their ways. Even though it's pretty obvious to us that this cat is an absolute bastard, Hank wouldn't know it since he has no prior knowledge or experience with cats.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Nov 19, 2009

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
That kid pisses me off too much for me to completely enjoy that episode, especially when the cops come to get his bike back. Hank's retribution/lesson isn't even that big of a payoff IMO.

JethroMcB posted:

Hank: Talking to myself...that's a side effect of the marijuana poisoning!

Sheriff: Debbie's roommate has an interesting alibi for the night of the murder...says he was with you, sparking up a J.
Peggy: In English, Sheriff?
Sheriff: Lighting up a J.

Oh god I had forgotten about this episode. It's so great, Hank thinks he did drugs and killed someone.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

big mean giraffe posted:

Oh god I had forgotten about this episode. It's so great, Hank thinks he did drugs and killed someone.

Hank: So a person could smoke dope, kill a coworker, and pass out in a field?
Guidance Councilor: Coworker, cab driver, prostitute, doesn't matter who.

sintaxi
Oct 11, 2005

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Also keep in mind that Hank has never owned a cat and knows nothing of their ways. Even though it's pretty obvious to us that this cat is an absolute bastard, Hank wouldn't know it since he has no prior knowledge or experience with cats.

Absolute bastard? You take that back right now. Duke was an awesome cat!

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Ozma posted:

How'd you get your shirt so white, White Shirt?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

What makes the Hank centered stores funny is that EVERYONE is quick to jump on Hank for the slightest thing and not trust him when he's explaining when he is the most trustworthy on the show.

Some examples:

Propane Boom
High Anxiety
Ms. Wakefield
Hank's Bully
serPUNt
The Accidental Terrorist

I'm sure there are many more too.

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

Ozma posted:

"Does anybody find that funny???"

Dalai Lamacide
Jan 10, 2007

She wears underwear with dick-holes in 'em
Dale: A towering SUV says strength, power, and in some sub-cultures of America, potent fertility.:911:

Bobby: Dad, I'm confused. So, you should trust people until they betray you, and then try to blow 'em up?
Dale: YES!
Hank: No, Bobby! I wasn't trying to blow people up, I was just putting flyers on the cars. Alex and his friend The Falcon must have done it after I left.

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

Consider the properties of a banana.

The only thing keeping me from wishing a pox on your house is that your house is next to my house and the pox could spread!

Your Proud Pal fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Nov 21, 2009

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Dalai Lamacide posted:

Hank: No, Bobby! I wasn't trying to blow people up, I was just putting flyers on the cars. Alex and his friend The Falcon must have done it after I left.

anytime Hank says anything in that voice is gold. "Come on Bobby, let's go to that science fiction movie. I hear it has special effects!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
hah, I love how Luanne's roomates always react to anyone telling me to do something or not be a self centered rear end in a top hat by calling them a nazi".