Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Oh man, Ellis and Mayhem's exchange with the 20 year old love sick guy was loving hilarious.

'See you later, vaginal.'

'Whoa man, that's going over the line.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nub
Jul 20, 2009

Keep talking.
Goddammit, not this oval office again. Oh well - I guess this is payback for the pure awesomeness of Mayhem Monday yesterday.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

quote:

jellismate: Just want you all 2 no I'm not going to B on radio till Monday. I gotta take care of Ellis family,they R my everything&I'm 2sick4 good radio

gently caress man.

Also, yesterdays show with Jillian and Oderus was loving fantastic.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

-Atom- posted:

gently caress man.

Also, yesterdays show with Jillian and Oderus was loving fantastic.

Oderus rules in all radio interviews.

Ellis needs to heal up, poor dude has been sick over a month.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

TwistedNails posted:

Oderus rules in all radio interviews.

Ellis needs to heal up, poor dude has been sick over a month.

Just want you all 2 no I'm not going to B on radio till Monday. I gotta take care of Ellis family,they R my everything&I'm 2sick4 good radio about 12 hours ago from Tweetie

boo

nub
Jul 20, 2009

Keep talking.

-Atom- posted:

yesterdays show with Jillian and Oderus was loving fantastic.

I completely understand calling an Oderus appearance fantastic, but are you really a fan of Jillian Barberie? She grates on my nerves. She speaks like a 14-year old. She's as spastic as a 14-year old. It's just not cute to me at all. I couldn't listen to all of that segment - how many times did she use the phrase "Marine sniper"?

When she's on Stern and he takes calls, it seems like most of the calls are negative, but the calls I heard on Ellis were positive. I don't know if that's an audience difference, a screening process difference, or what.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

nub posted:

I completely understand calling an Oderus appearance fantastic, but are you really a fan of Jillian Barberie?

I like her enthusiasm and how she deals with things. She's a motormouth like you wouldn't believe, but she doesn't hold anything back and really 'gets' radio. Plus I find it more compelling if a guest is a fan of the host, Howard and Ellis, then if it's just some person that came in to plug x project.

Although I can completely understand not liking her.

nub
Jul 20, 2009

Keep talking.
Okay, at least she's open about things. That does count for a lot on these shows.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

I didn't get to listen to the show yet today, who did Joe say won the fight? Tully or Bob?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

TwistedNails posted:

I didn't get to listen to the show yet today, who did Joe say won the fight? Tully or Bob?

Basically what the Ellis camp was saying to begin with. Bob won the first round, Tully won the second overall and destroyed Bob in the third outright.

It was a great show too, Joe is an excellent radio guest if you're into all the MMA discussions that they had.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

-Atom- posted:

if you're into all the MMA discussions that they had.

gently caress yeah, that is why I started listening. Mayhem Monday got me hooked on the show.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
I love they played the show* where Ellis completely trashed both Madden brothers back in the day when Benji was dating Paris.

*2 days in a row.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Ellis announced via his live webcam show that Ellismania 5 will be held in Las Vegas sometime in April.

Cain
Nov 8, 2002

-Atom- posted:

Ellis announced via his live webcam show that Ellismania 5 will be held in Las Vegas sometime in April.

This is terrible news for me as I am going to Las Vegas in May for the Supercross finals and doubt I can afford two trips that close together, hopefully I can make it to EM6.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Ha, Jason was baking cookies and for his dogs birthday he made him a Red Dragon symbol shaped cookie.

TwistedNails fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Nov 29, 2009

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
Ellis talking to the "tranny" was hilarious. Oh yeah I'm about to kick a goal!

blippyblop
Aug 5, 2004

LoG posted:

Ellis talking to the "tranny" was hilarious. Oh yeah I'm about to kick a goal!

I was surprised that ellis knew more about transgender transition than the phone sex girl.

pretty funny prank call though, wonder how much it cost them.

nub
Jul 20, 2009

Keep talking.
Anyone know what the deal is today? I don't see anything on Ellis' twitter.

Guy Compton
Mar 29, 2007

Sounds like a replay. I wonder if there was some trouble over that prank call. Opie always talks about how the FCC forbids them now.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

quote:

I'm not taking a day off. Fuckn Sirius hosed up & the studio doesn't work! I'm pissed more then U.I love the show & my fans.

Weak sauce.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Will put on his twitter that they had major equipment problems at the faction studio

From @Pendarvis "MAJOR equipment failure. Rebuilding broadcast systems. An awesome way to spend a day! (..and night)"

Ireneo Funes
Feb 29, 2008

Yea, last time I tuned in Ellis mentioned Will and Tully taking up the greenroom as workspace to fix some soundboard problems or something.

Also, I laughed so hard on today's replay when Jason and Tully bitched out Rawdog about his eating habits to the point that he snapped at them. Jason was like "Did you just get a little bit snippy at me because of your Hot Pockets?!"

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I'm guessing more technical problems today.

If the show doesn't work today I'm taking this out 2 the sea & I'm never trying to do a show here again.Sorry2 all http://yfrog.com/3n8shj

e: I was right. I don't know why they keep trying to do the show from 2 different places at the same time.

blippyblop
Aug 5, 2004

no show, really lame.

nub
Jul 20, 2009

Keep talking.
I feel bad for Ellis. He's clearly between a rock and a hard place, trying to juggle the family life with doing the show, split between two locations. I have loads of respect for his love for his family, and I hope this doesn't affect him too badly.

That being said - jesus loving christ, Faction: your top loving priority should be this show. There's nothing else on this channel that comes close to this quality.

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006
Is it time to be an android not a man
What that gently caress does this mean

I know you all hate me for this. I'm sorry the studio won't work. I don't know how to fix it and I won't be going there again. Sorry every 1

6 minutes ago from Tweetie

He talking about Tony's studio, or is he saying he wont be going back to the Faction studio in LA?

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

Glenn Danzig posted:

He talking about Tony's studio, or is he saying he wont be going back to the Faction studio in LA?
I'm guessing he's never going to try to remote again. I hope so anyway.

You'd think they've been at this for 3 weeks, with all this fuckery.

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006
Is it time to be an android not a man

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

I'm guessing he's never going to try to remote again. I hope so anyway.

You'd think they've been at this for 3 weeks, with all this fuckery.

I hope so. I want Jason to be around his family and all but in all honesty the show suffers a lot when he is at Vista.

Lord knows there are plenty of people that commute from Temecula to LA on a daily basis for a much longer work day. Man up Wing.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

quote:

Just did bubbas show, glad there cool with me. Don't feel like killing any one today. Ned dragons!!

Someone needs to get the audio for this.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Kimbo just beat Houston so now Ellismate has to jump over a playmate in rollerblades.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003

-Atom- posted:

Kimbo just beat Houston so now Ellismate has to jump over a playmate in rollerblades.

Hahahaha. I love the ridiculous bets Ellis makes and how quickly he pays them off.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Ellis is going to be so bummed out having to buy a pair of rollerblades.

nub
Jul 20, 2009

Keep talking.
Did Ellis have to do the jump in a wacky outfit, like Rawdog was going to do?

Also - what a boring fight that was, except for that bit in the 2nd. Anyone else a little surprised that Kimbo got the decision?

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer
Kimbo definitely had the second, while the first and third could have gone either way. So it's not that surprising.

Kimbo dominated the entire fight in terms of Octagon control. Circling your opponent like that is considered a defensive stance, so the entire time Houston was circling around like a helicopter was scoring points for Kimbo.

nub
Jul 20, 2009

Keep talking.
Ah, did not realize that. I thought those occasional kicks were scoring points for Alexander, so I would have given him a slim edge in 1 and 3. Thanks for the explanation.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Plus, according to the judges leg kicks don't count whatsoever.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

-Atom- posted:

Plus, according to the judges leg kicks don't count whatsoever.

Kimbo won that fight but yes leg kicks seems to mean nothing to the judges here in America.

Shogun got robbed trying to kick his way to victory over Machida a few months ago.

mulletlummox
Feb 26, 2003

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Jason just went on a really awesome rant about how he's playing nothing but The Beatles and Pantera today and gently caress faction's playlist. He's killing right now this is awesome.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

mulletlummox posted:

Jason just went on a really awesome rant about how he's playing nothing but The Beatles and Pantera today and gently caress faction's playlist. He's killing right now this is awesome.

He also felt a demon leave his body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
Jason was on fire Monday. Between his J-Lo impression, and when he went nuclear on Mayhem about not giving a gently caress, it was just gold from pillar to post.

• Locked thread