Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Puck42
Oct 7, 2005

GreenNight posted:

Tickets don't go on sale until 11/13 here? Fuckers.

edit; Supposedly if you are an "insider" you can purchase tix today. I get their newsletter, so I figure I'm good.

Any idea how to purchase?

I just logged in and clicked on the link under the banner and got a purchase screen.

Now I just need to decide if I should skip my Math class that night. I hope there isn't a quiz or exam.

edit: poo poo, same day as my final exam. :(

Puck42 fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Nov 7, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I was able to buy them by going directly to the theaters website so yay. I missed the first one so highly looking forward to this.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Rifftrax Presents Footloose is now available.

Janet Varney and Cole Stratton have done pretty good jobs in the past (Dirty Dancing and Ghost), so I'm going to get this one, too.

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

Hostile negotiations since 1978

Bert Fegg posted:

I think Titanic is in my top five from the past while. This despite it being a freakishly long movie.

Plus, pretty accurate Shane MacGowan impersonation.

Oddly enough, one of the things I really like about Rifftrax is that I can still enjoy a movie I really dig but still enjoy the riffing with it. For example, the track for The Dark Knight - I love that movie, and it's still enjoyable with Rifftrax.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Titanic's credits are loving amazing in this. Holy loving Christ it's funny

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I just watched the Transformers 2 riff and dear god that's a horrible, horrible movie. Like I heard plenty of rumors about how bad it was but none of them did it justice, it's just a cinematic turd. Considering that the selling point of the movie was giant robots wrecking poo poo, the fact that the robot fight scenes were the most confusing and terrible parts of the movie is kind of unforgivable. Also robot scrotum

The riff, however, makes it well worth the 2.5 hours, I think it's one of the best I've seen so far. "The hump count soars to two!" and "God is a bunch of giant robots!" alone nearly make the movie worthwhile but the rest of it is pretty consistently hilarious as well.

Ainsley McTree fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Nov 12, 2009

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Stick around for the credits in the Transformers 2 rifftrax. I nearly pissed myself.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
To boldly riff...

Available 11/19!

My copy should be here by then.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
drat it, have they stopped doing the PAL Rifftrax? Titanic, Fast And Furious and soon Transformers 2 are just begging to be mocked.

Is there an exact percentage I could speed up the NTSC riffs in Audicity or similar to PAL lengths?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Mister Kingdom posted:

To boldly riff...

Available 11/19!

My copy should be here by then.

Really? They're going to do Star Trek and skip over GI loving Joe?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Payndz posted:

drat it, have they stopped doing the PAL Rifftrax? Titanic, Fast And Furious and soon Transformers 2 are just begging to be mocked.

Is there an exact percentage I could speed up the NTSC riffs in Audicity or similar to PAL lengths?

I've seen 4% mentioned quite a lot. You'd have to fiddle around to get the exact number.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Tony Danza Claus posted:

Really? They're going to do Star Trek and skip over GI loving Joe?

GI Joe could be a Christmas present. :v:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Just finished the Rifftrax Presents of Footloose.

Decent riffing, bad movie. I don't see how they could have stuffed any more cliches into this one. For a town where dancing is outlawed, it's amazing how well everyone dances.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Mister Kingdom posted:

Just finished the Rifftrax Presents of Footloose.

Decent riffing, bad movie. I don't see how they could have stuffed any more cliches into this one.

Honestly, I could be wrong, but I think they weren't really cliches until Footloose came out.

I haven't tried any of the Varney/Stratton riffs, are they any good for the most part?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Ensign_Ricky posted:

I haven't tried any of the Varney/Stratton riffs, are they any good for the most part?

Yeah, I think so. They have good chemistry. Dirty Dancing was hilarious.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Is the red dawn riff any good? I was looking forward to it for ages but for some reason I still haven't seen it yet. I must be putting it off because it doesn't have Kevin & Bill in it or something.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Ainsley McTree posted:

Is the red dawn riff any good? I was looking forward to it for ages but for some reason I still haven't seen it yet. I must be putting it off because it doesn't have Kevin & Bill in it or something.

It was good, but not as good as it could have been. I like Joel McHale, but I don't think he was the right choice for this.

Flame Cum
May 5, 2004

SHE'S ON FI-YAH FI-YAH FI-YAH FI-YAAAH
(i'm hot tonight)
This is off topic a bit, but would anyone happen to have that The Happening re-edit Lowtax made a while back? I can't seem to find it on SA or Google or Youtube.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
I hope the Star Trek reboot movie will make for a great Rifftrax. I haven't seen it but is it riffable enough?

Also, slightly off-topic, Nelson's twitter responded to this guy who is just an absolute treasure trove of hilariously stupid remarks interlaced with occasional comments proclaiming his love for Rifftrax.

http://twitter.com/BillRab

I know "Wow, random guy has a different opinion on things. Fascinating." but I think it's pretty funny.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I hope the Star Trek reboot movie will make for a great Rifftrax. I haven't seen it but is it riffable enough?

Absolutely it is.

Don't get me wrong, I liked the movie, but it definitely has a lot of riffability.

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

you're just thinking too much

Dissapointed Owl posted:

quote:

Here's my dream ticket for 2016: Sarah Palin & Liz Cheney. Two strong, smart beautiful and CONSERVATIVE women.

quote:

Why can't we have a real leader like Israel does?

quote:

No Olympics; poooor Barack, poooor Michele. Sooo sad, Soooo Sad.

UGH

utonium
Dec 17, 2002

Payndz posted:

Just noticed this was posted yesterday:

twitter.com/rifftrax posted:

Just added PAL files for these riffs: The Happening, Ghost, Red Dawn and Titanic. Also, Titanic 10th Anniv. Edition files are available.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Mr.Hotkeys posted:

UGH

The only valid response.

utonium posted:

This is nice.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Mr.Hotkeys posted:

UGH

Somehow I alway kinda figured that's what Twitter was. "You mean there's a place I can go and just say whatever I want and no one can tell me to shut the gently caress up or censor me or pull me off the stage because I'm utterly loving insane and a complete nuisance? YAY!"

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

It's not a bad thing, really. Let him vent his dumb poo poo there if that makes him even the tiniest bit more tolerable irl. Though with him, the poo poo he's saying is SO loving DUMB, I CAN'T loving STAND IT and doubt he's much better in person.

And this is from someone who considers himself leaning more right than left. We're not all batshit crazy, stop making us look bad :(

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Mr.Hotkeys posted:

It's not a bad thing, really. Let him vent his dumb poo poo there if that makes him even the tiniest bit more tolerable irl. Though with him, the poo poo he's saying is SO loving DUMB, I CAN'T loving STAND IT and doubt he's much better in person.

And this is from someone who considers himself leaning more right than left. We're not all batshit crazy, stop making us look bad :(

Brother, do you have an uphill battle against you.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Beam it up, folks

I'm looking forward to this one.

Rifftrax posted:

Why does no one seize the moment and slap the hell out of Chekov?

Avarcirwen
Mar 7, 2008

Goons: The only group more socially conservative than Mormons.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Also, slightly off-topic, Nelson's twitter responded to this guy who is just an absolute treasure trove of hilariously stupid remarks interlaced with occasional comments proclaiming his love for Rifftrax.

I know "Wow, random guy has a different opinion on things. Fascinating." but I think it's pretty funny.

Why is this surprising? Isn't Mike Nelson a crazy conservative who probably agrees with everything this guy says?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Avarcirwen posted:

Why is this surprising? Isn't Mike Nelson a crazy conservative who probably agrees with everything this guy says?

I don't ever recall hearing this one way or another. I mean, he's extremely funny and Conservatives aren't known for their sense of humor.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
If he is he's smart enough to keep his politics out of his comedy. This is also something conservatives aren't very good at.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Mister Kingdom posted:

I don't ever recall hearing this one way or another. I mean, he's extremely funny and Conservatives aren't known for their sense of humor.

I've heard the same thing, from someone who's read his book apparently. I honestly have a hard time believing it because you never get that vibe from him from MST3k or Rifftrax or any of the various funny things he's ever done, he's just, you know, a funny guy. Maybe he realizes that most of his fans wouldn't like his opinions so he keeps them to himself, I don't know. Whatever he's doing, it's working, so I hope he stays the course.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Wow, do any of you realize you can be a conservative without being crazy? I'm a liberal myself, but there's nothing wrong with him leaning conservative. You don't hear him gay-bashing or denying evolution or anything.

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

Diabolik900 posted:

Wow, do any of you realize you can be a conservative without being crazy? I'm a liberal myself, but there's nothing wrong with him leaning conservative. You don't hear him gay-bashing or denying evolution or anything.

No one really said it was a problem (for him, at least); in fact, they were commenting on how well he was keeping it separate so his political stance didn't ruin his humor (ie Seth MacFarlane)

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Diabolik900 posted:

Just because you don't hear him doesn't mean he doesn't believe it. He may be one of the rare conservatives who actually respects the beliefs of others.

I'm sure he knows his fan base and, being a true professional, doesn't want to alienate it.

Avarcirwen
Mar 7, 2008

Goons: The only group more socially conservative than Mormons.

Mister Kingdom posted:

Wikipedia I know, but still...

Wikipedia posted:

Mike Nelson rarely discloses his personal beliefs in public.[8] During a 2004 interview with the fansite MST3K Review, Nelson described himself as a Protestant and a conservative: "I read the National Review cover to cover. Check in at Townhall.com every day. Check the Washington Times daily. Listen to Dennis Prager and Michael Medved on a regular basis. Read Mark Steyn with regularity. Read the Weekly Standard. So, yes, I do vote Republican."[9] He went on to refer to the Minneapolis Star Tribune as "the Star and Sickle, or the Red Star Tribune."[9] Nelson also stated that he believed that the devil "was behind American Beauty. And Pulp Fiction was one of his better works, too."[9]

Diabolik900 posted:

No you pretty much have to have something wrong with you mentally, or be just plain evil, to be a conservative Republican.

Avarcirwen fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Nov 20, 2009

Bert Fegg
Sep 3, 2006

Overwined posted:

If he is he's smart enough to keep his politics out of his comedy. This is also something conservatives aren't very good at.

Liberals are? Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty darn left much of the time, but I mean come one, pot/kettle etc.

Mike is a brilliant comedy writer because he accesses his audience deftly regardless of their politics. That's professional.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Go the gently caress back to LF.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Mr.Hotkeys posted:

No one really said it was a problem (for him, at least); in fact, they were commenting on how well he was keeping it separate so his political stance didn't ruin his humor (ie Seth MacFarlane)

I agree, my point is that people seem surprised that he can keep his politics out of his comedy, but it's not like being a conservative forces you to instantly start spouting nonsense. I probably didn't make that point clearly enough though.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

So I watched the Twilight riff the other night and it was great. The badger cam was my favorite part

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imapanda
Sep 12, 2008

Majoris Felidae Peditum
Is the Twilight Riff even worth it? I'm terrified by the movie because of what it does to people, and I'd feel ashamed to watch it despite having hilarious commentary.

• Locked thread