  • Post
Ziir
Nov 20, 2004

by Ozmaugh
I have a directory on my Linux box, say /home/user/test/, and I want to copy that folder to my Windows desktop, how do I do that? On my Windows box, I have putty and I'm able to SSH into the Linux box just fine, but I can't figure out how to copy it over for the life of me.

I've tried scp user@ip.address:/home/user/test/* C:\Users\User\Desktop, but it gives me some kind of error about not being able to find the C:\ directory or something.

Ziir fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Nov 22, 2009

GringoGrande
Jul 27, 2001
Nah...

Ziir posted:

I've tried scp user@ip.address:/home/user/test/* C:\Users\User\Desktop, but it gives me some kind of error about not being able to find the C:\ directory or something.
Try
code:
scp -r user@ip.address:/home/user/test C:\Users\User\Desktop
Or you could use FileZilla or WinSCP

SynVisions
Jun 29, 2003

GringoGrande posted:

Try
code:
scp -r user@ip.address:/home/user/test C:\Users\User\Desktop
Or you could use FileZilla or WinSCP

He's using putty and already ssh'd into the remote box, so that command is no good.

Just use WinSCP.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Getting flash to work for a first time linux user is kind of a bitch. Especially because Ubuntu doesn't install a lot of flash dependency libraries, that can be hard to find.

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

Definitely know that the package manager is the only way you should be installing things on your system. A lot of the guides you'll find on forums will tell you to download some package and install it outside of the package management system, even though it might be in another repository. It's so much easier to have your system update itself.

covener
Jan 10, 2004

You know, for kids!

A MIRACLE posted:

Getting flash to work for a first time linux user is kind of a bitch. Especially because Ubuntu doesn't install a lot of flash dependency libraries, that can be hard to find.

Fortunately this post occurs in the midst of wise suggestions about using software packaged for your distribution.

Xinlum
Apr 12, 2009

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Dark Knight

I still need help with this...

quote:

I have some basic questions on wifi with Linux. I can connect to my house's wireless no problem (no password). When I took the laptop to school, It would try to connect, and after a few minutes say that it failed. My college as a system where you connect to one of their access points. After connecting, you open a browser and you are stuck at a specific page until you enter your email address. I'm assuming that that is the problem, is there a way for my laptop to connect at all so I can enter my email and browse the web? Using Xubuntu with a USB Netgear WG111v2 if that helps.

I took my laptop to a guy that knows a lot more about Linux than I do, and he also couldn't figure out what the gently caress. Someone that knows what they are doing would be appreciated.

Edit - Also, I forgot to mention that the college wifi doesn't need a password either. Its just the page that wants you to enter an email address to continue. Also, the Linux guy connects fine with his Ubuntu laptop, so I'm thinking its something specific to Xubuntu or my USB wireless device.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

A MIRACLE posted:

Getting flash to work for a first time linux user is kind of a bitch. Especially because Ubuntu doesn't install a lot of flash dependency libraries, that can be hard to find.
"Adobe Flash plugin" is right in the Ubuntu Software Center now :confused:

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:

Xinlum posted:

I took my laptop to a guy that knows a lot more about Linux than I do, and he also couldn't figure out what the gently caress. Someone that knows what they are doing would be appreciated.

Edit - Also, I forgot to mention that the college wifi doesn't need a password either. Its just the page that wants you to enter an email address to continue. Also, the Linux guy connects fine with his Ubuntu laptop, so I'm thinking its something specific to Xubuntu or my USB wireless device.
You could mention something useful for us to go with though, but I figure your university uses multiple access points and different channels for each. This doesn't work well for me either, but with networkmanager it "works" somewhat, if I reconnect a couple of times. I don't know when this problem started happening, but I remember it working fine a year ago.

I don't know if xubuntu uses networkmanager or wicd, but I think it uses networkmanager. Try reconnecting a couple of times. I'm sorry to say I don't really know any workaround for this.

Next time, provide this info so we have something useful to base our assumptions on:
What kind of network are you connecting to? (Encryption, multiple APs etc)
What driver or chipset are you using? (lsmod or lspci should help)
What kind of network managing software are you using? (networkmanager, wicd, netcfg or manual)

HolyDukeNukem
Sep 10, 2008

Zom Aur posted:

You could mention something useful for us to go with though, but I figure your university uses multiple access points and different channels for each. This doesn't work well for me either, but with networkmanager it "works" somewhat, if I reconnect a couple of times. I don't know when this problem started happening, but I remember it working fine a year ago.

I don't know if xubuntu uses networkmanager or wicd, but I think it uses networkmanager. Try reconnecting a couple of times. I'm sorry to say I don't really know any workaround for this.

Next time, provide this info so we have something useful to base our assumptions on:
What kind of network are you connecting to? (Encryption, multiple APs etc)
What driver or chipset are you using? (lsmod or lspci should help)
What kind of network managing software are you using? (networkmanager, wicd, netcfg or manual)

xubuntu uses the gnome nm-applet, so it's most likely using networkmanager

Xinlum
Apr 12, 2009

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Dark Knight

There's only 2 or 3 access points. I don't really know anything about it other than that after you first connect, you can't do anything online until you open a browser. When the browser opens, you see a page that says "Welcome to college name, please type your email address to continue". After you type it everything works fine. Where can I find the other stuff you need?

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

OK so I want to take all the folders in a directory and move them all to another directory. Here's what I've got:

for folder in $(ls /folder1); do mv -v $file /folder2; done

the directory looks like this:
Alice In Chains - MTV Unplugged
The Clash - Combat Rock (1982)
Alice In Chains - Nothing Safe

Now this almost works, only mv's parameters are delimited by spaces, so it only reads in "Alice" then "In" then "Chains", etc.

Ok cool, but I don't really get what's going on with the * there; * is just the wildcard symbol? Also, I guess you meant "$folder" instead of "$file" in the first example.
VV

Feral Integral fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Nov 28, 2009

ShoulderDaemon
Oct 9, 2003
support goon fund
Taco Defender

Feral Integral posted:

OK so I want to take all the folders in a directory and move them all to another directory. Here's what I've got:

for folder in $(ls /folder1); do mv -v $file /folder2; done

the directory looks like this:
Alice In Chains - MTV Unplugged
The Clash - Combat Rock (1982)
Alice In Chains - Nothing Safe

Now this almost works, only mv's parameters are delimited by spaces, so it only reads in "Alice" then "In" then "Chains", etc.

code:
for folder in /folder1/*; do mv -v "$file" /folder2; done
or, somewhat more simply

code:
mv -v /folder1/* /folder2
if you really really want to use ls and move one-at-a-time

code:
ls -1 /folder1 | while read folder; do mv -v "/folder1/$folder" /folder2; done
(this pattern is sometimes useful if you are using a complicated find expression rather than just ls)

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Zom Aur posted:

You could mention something useful for us to go with though, but I figure your university uses multiple access points and different channels for each. This doesn't work well for me either, but with networkmanager it "works" somewhat, if I reconnect a couple of times. I don't know when this problem started happening, but I remember it working fine a year ago.

I don't know if xubuntu uses networkmanager or wicd, but I think it uses networkmanager. Try reconnecting a couple of times. I'm sorry to say I don't really know any workaround for this.

Next time, provide this info so we have something useful to base our assumptions on:
What kind of network are you connecting to? (Encryption, multiple APs etc)
What driver or chipset are you using? (lsmod or lspci should help)
What kind of network managing software are you using? (networkmanager, wicd, netcfg or manual)

Wow, I picked the right time to try this stuff and visit SH/SC, because this is EXACTLY the thing I'm trying to do. Like, NetworkManager in Xunbuntu. Freaky. Hopefully, you guys can help me. (Warning: Total linux newbie; I spend some obscene amount of time yesterday trying to figure out the most basic crap.)

First, for that requested info:

It's a wireless WPA (I'm almost certain about the WPA thing, but not 100%, as I can't re-find the thing where I saw it yesterday. I know it's working as I'm using another computer that is on the wireless.) Not sure if there's anything else to know.

The chip in the linux box is a Linksys WMP54GS, which works with NDISWrapper, according to their wiki. I think I got NDISWrapper set up correctly. (It's recognizing the card when I do the -l parameter thing.)

I'm using Networkmanager (which took FOREVER to find for some reason.)

I can't tell why I can't see the network, if it's NDISWrapper, NM, or something else. I know NM doesn't show me anything similar to the picutres on wikipedia or anything; no charts, no networks, etc.

Any ideas what might be wrong, or at least, what info would be needed to determine this?

Thanks in advance.

Fedaykin
Mar 24, 2004
Hey guys, I am building a new computer and I don't feel like spending hundreds on windows 7. Instead, I've decided to install a linux distor and my question is simply which one would be the best for a begginer. Could you also suggest sotfware options that accomplish the following...

-Newsgroup Reader
-PAR repair
-Rar archive
-Video/Audio(mp3) player
-img burn equivalent

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Fedaykin posted:

Hey guys, I am building a new computer and I don't feel like spending hundreds on windows 7. Instead, I've decided to install a linux distor and my question is simply which one would be the best for a begginer. Could you also suggest sotfware options that accomplish the following...

-Newsgroup Reader
-PAR repair
-Rar archive
-Video/Audio(mp3) player
-img burn equivalent

For the first few, http://www.sabnzbd.org/ There's a usenet megathread, too.

As far as MP3's go you might want to try Audacious, there's also Amarok and Rhythmbox, and VLC for video

crab avatar
Mar 15, 2006

iŧ Kë3Ł, cħ gøÐ i- <Ecl8

Fedaykin posted:

Hey guys, I am building a new computer and I don't feel like spending hundreds on windows 7. Instead, I've decided to install a linux distor and my question is simply which one would be the best for a begginer. Could you also suggest sotfware options that accomplish the following...

-Newsgroup Reader
-PAR repair
-Rar archive
-Video/Audio(mp3) player
-img burn equivalent
Install Ubuntu, and execute the following: sudo apt-get install sabnzbdplus par2 unrar-nonfree

This will install a news reader, command line PAR handler, RAR libraries for the builtin Archive Manager, and the rest are included by default (Totem/Rhythmbox and Brasero) but basically you have a shitton of alternatives in the official software repositories. Play around and feel free to ask.

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:
As someone who's dabbled in linux before (namely, Ubuntu 8.10-9.04 and Arch for about half a year) the only thing that's keeping me on Windows 7 is games. I'm planning on either building a new machine, or buying a console, specifically for gaming. So I'm definitely heading back soon enough.

The thing is, and I know this is going to sound like "haha, why would you do that", my current portable music player is a Zune 120. I really, really like the Zune subscription service, but I can get away from that if there's no Linux replacement- the big thing is, I need a new media player for use on the go. I like high-quality stuff with at least 32GB of storage, and I was wondering if anyone in this thread had any suggestions.

Also, could use a good podcast catcher and internet radio player. I loved Amarok 1.4's Shoutcast integration and found a lot of good radio stations through it, but I hear Amarok 2's pretty... well, bad. So I'd really love to find something else with that functionality... any alternatives? 1.4's not going to last forever, and I'm pretty open to trying new things.

Edit because I'm forgetful: How's the ATi Driver coming along for the HD48xx series? I have a 4830 sitting in my machine right now, but if I have to I also have an Nvidia that I don't typically like using that can go in. My monitor's a 23'' connected via DVI to HDMI, if it matters.

Fridurmus fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Dec 1, 2009

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Chocolate Donuts posted:

The thing is, and I know this is going to sound like "haha, why would you do that", my current portable music player is a Zune 120. I really, really like the Zune subscription service, but I can get away from that if there's no Linux replacement- the big thing is, I need a new media player for use on the go. I like high-quality stuff with at least 32GB of storage, and I was wondering if anyone in this thread had any suggestions.
Avoid the Cowon S9. It's an amazing player with fantastic sound quality that loves to brick itself after large numbers of file copies under Linux.

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:

Misogynist posted:

Avoid the Cowon S9. It's an amazing player with fantastic sound quality that loves to brick itself after large numbers of file copies under Linux.

Damnation! That's the one I was looking at. :(

I managed to get my hands on a pair of Grado entry-level headphones, so it sounded like such a perfect player. Alas. Anything similar?

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
Hey, does anyone know what "nodev" means in the context of sar output? It shows up as a device name when I'm trying to find my disk statistics.

Crash Bandicoot
Feb 23, 2007

by T. Fine
Don't know if this belongs ITT but here goes.

I have OpenSUSE 11.2 installed on my laptop and the drive contains an unused 32gb partition I want to install Windows XP on. Given that OpenSUSE is already installed how can I also install XP without blitzing the existing bootloader?

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Crash Bandicoot posted:

Don't know if this belongs ITT but here goes.

I have OpenSUSE 11.2 installed on my laptop and the drive contains an unused 32gb partition I want to install Windows XP on. Given that OpenSUSE is already installed how can I also install XP without blitzing the existing bootloader?

Reinstall the bootloader from the OpenSUSE live CD after you install XP.

"Install New Boot Loader" from Expert Tools in YaST

If you google something like "Fix OpenSuse after Windows install" you should find a step-by-step guide

Underflow
Apr 4, 2008

EGOMET MIHI IGNOSCO

Misogynist posted:

Hey, does anyone know what "nodev" means in the context of sar output? It shows up as a device name when I'm trying to find my disk statistics.

Nodev exention/tools. Your hosed.

Underflow
Apr 4, 2008

EGOMET MIHI IGNOSCO

Bob Morales posted:

Reinstall the bootloader from the OpenSUSE live CD after you install XP.

"Install New Boot Loader" from Expert Tools in YaST

If you google something like "Fix OpenSuse after Windows install" you should find a step-by-step guide

Do you must use YaST? LiLO is much friendlier for this sort of thing and risk is minimal.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Underflow posted:

Nodev exention/tools. Your hosed.
Digging around, it looks like it's probably tmpfs, which explains why the actual number of recorded IOPS is much higher than my real disks.

Underflow
Apr 4, 2008

EGOMET MIHI IGNOSCO

Misogynist posted:

Digging around, it looks like it's probably tmpfs, which explains why the actual number of recorded IOPS is much higher than my real disks.

What flavour are you using?

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Underflow posted:

What flavour are you using?
CentOS 5.3 (bumping to 5.4 in a few weeks), 2.6.18-derived kernel.

johnnycanada
May 10, 2004
The White Samuel L. Jackson
Alright posting here in the hopes someone can help..

So I set up a 4x1.5TB RAID6 array. Got it built and everything. It worked fine. I copied over two more drives worth of Data, and then grew those two drives into the array. There was a couple hiccups but otherwise it worked fine and took forever.

I copied over the last drive worth of data today and followed the same steps to grow it into the array, and then of course did the "watch etc etc" command to keep a steady eye on the reshaping, because why not.

.... and it was going along fine, got to maybe 10-11% and I noticed it.. wasnt updating anymore.

This happened right as I was watching something from the array filesystem over the network.. then it suddenly locked.

I thought maybe something went hinky with the watch command, so I killed it, and just did "cat /proc/mdstat" from the cmdline.

and got nothing. No output or anything, the cursor goes down a line but nothing else happens.

If I try a "mdadm --detail /dev/md0", same thing. Nothing happens.

if i try to ls inside the mounted directory for the array, I get the root listing, but when I try to dig any deeper into folders, ls does the same thing as the first two commands and locks up, except I can't even ctrl-c out of it.

What I think is causing the issue, is I show like 7 smbd processes that are status D, which must be left over from when I was watching the video file and it locked.. of course I can't kill them, the system wont let me.

I am of course now incredibly paranoid that something went TOTALLY pear shaped, and I"m going to lose everything. I don't want to reboot because I have no idea if that will break anything.

edit: ok.. so:

I rebooted (I actually had to power off the machine. It would not die.)

I found this: http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-server-73/raid-5-mdadm-grow-interrupted-what-to-do-next-602671/
which I tried, with no luck. I get
code:
mdadm: superblock on /dev/sdb1 doesn't match others - assembly aborted
when I do
code:
mdadm -E
on any of the drives, I get:
code:
/dev/sdb1:
          Magic : a92b4efc
        Version : 00.91.00
           UUID : 3c455e64:c4d0d230:c109596b:d7e29b7e
  Creation Time : Mon Nov 23 18:59:31 2009
     Raid Level : raid6
  Used Dev Size : 1465135936 (1397.26 GiB 1500.30 GB)
     Array Size : 7325679680 (6986.31 GiB 7501.50 GB)
   Raid Devices : 7
  Total Devices : 7
Preferred Minor : 0

  Reshape pos'n : 967965760 (923.12 GiB 991.20 GB)
  Delta Devices : 1 (6->7)

    Update Time : Tue Dec  1 20:48:48 2009
          State : active
 Active Devices : 6
Working Devices : 6
 Failed Devices : 1
  Spare Devices : 0
       Checksum : a4096474 - correct
         Events : 40943

     Chunk Size : 64K

      Number   Major   Minor   RaidDevice State
this     5       8       17        5      active sync   /dev/sdb1

   0     0       8       49        0      active sync   /dev/sdd1
   1     1       8       65        1      active sync   /dev/sde1
   2     2       8       81        2      active sync   /dev/sdf1
   3     3       8       97        3      active sync   /dev/sdg1
   4     4       8        1        4      active sync   /dev/sda1
   5     5       8       17        5      active sync   /dev/sdb1
   6     6       0        0        6      faulty removed
That "faulty removed" is /dev/sdc1, which was the drive I just added and was trying to grow the array by.

Then I tried what I found here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=2526794&postcount=2

code:
sudo mdadm --create /dev/md0 --assume-clean --level=6 --raid-devices=7 /dev/sdd1 /dev/sde1 /dev/sdf1 /dev/sdg1 /dev/sda1 /dev/sdb1 missing
this returns:

code:
mdadm: /dev/sdd1 appears to be part of a raid array:
    level=raid6 devices=7 ctime=Mon Nov 23 18:59:31 2009
mdadm: /dev/sde1 appears to be part of a raid array:
    level=raid6 devices=7 ctime=Mon Nov 23 18:59:31 2009
mdadm: /dev/sdf1 appears to be part of a raid array:
    level=raid6 devices=7 ctime=Mon Nov 23 18:59:31 2009
mdadm: /dev/sdg1 appears to be part of a raid array:
    level=raid6 devices=7 ctime=Mon Nov 23 18:59:31 2009
mdadm: /dev/sda1 appears to contain an ext2fs file system
    size=1565523968K  mtime=Mon Nov 30 23:59:03 2009
mdadm: /dev/sda1 appears to be part of a raid array:
    level=raid6 devices=7 ctime=Mon Nov 23 18:59:31 2009
mdadm: /dev/sdb1 appears to be part of a raid array:
    level=raid6 devices=7 ctime=Mon Nov 23 18:59:31 2009
Continue creating array? y
mdadm: array /dev/md0 started.
code:
cat /proc/mdstat
gives:
code:
Personalities : [linear] [multipath] [raid0] [raid1] [raid6] [raid5] [raid4] [raid10]
md0 : active raid6 sdb1[5] sda1[4] sdg1[3] sdf1[2] sde1[1] sdd1[0]
      7325679680 blocks level 6, 64k chunk, algorithm 2 [7/6] [UUUUUU_]
and

code:
sudo lvdisplay raid
gives:

code:
 --- Logical volume ---
  LV Name                /dev/raid/raid
  VG Name                raid
  LV UUID                R1fKIQ-dS9P-iOuN-BVGW-98Wo-Cc2w-rJ5wfp
  LV Write Access        read/write
  LV Status              available
  # open                 0
  LV Size                5.46 TB
  Current LE             5589
  Segments               1
  Allocation             inherit
  Read ahead sectors     auto
  - currently set to     256
  Block device           252:0
Hooray! everythings wonderful! NOT.

code:
sudo mount /dev/raid/raid /blah
gives me:

code:
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/mapper/raid-raid,
       dmesg | tail  or so
augh if I had hair i'd be pulling it out. I feel like i'm super close here. Someone get me to the finish liiiine.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
Looks like your /dev/md0 is degraded. Its basically running as raid5. The [UUUUUU_] would be [UUUUUUU] on a healthy unit.
Where is /dev/sdc1 ? Is that drive something else or supposed to be in there?

johnnycanada
May 10, 2004
The White Samuel L. Jackson
/dev/sdc1 was the drive I had added into the array and that it was reshaping onto when i had the initial lockup.

Lukano
Apr 28, 2003

I may be a bit off base, but can you fail it out, then re-add it?

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
What color schemes are you guys using for console vim? All of my favorites that I use in gVim look like eye-burning rear end over an SSH session with 16 ANSI colors.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

What stops you from using your SSH session in 256-color mode?

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Rastor posted:

What stops you from using your SSH session in 256-color mode?
These are production servers and I don't feel like screwing with the weird issues some applications still might have with xterm-256color and screen-256color TERM strings. I don't write code often enough on production servers to bother.

Underflow
Apr 4, 2008

EGOMET MIHI IGNOSCO

Misogynist posted:

CentOS 5.3 (bumping to 5.4 in a few weeks), 2.6.18-derived kernel.

Looks like your troubles will be over then.

Underflow
Apr 4, 2008

EGOMET MIHI IGNOSCO

Misogynist posted:

What color schemes are you guys using for console vim? All of my favorites that I use in gVim look like eye-burning rear end over an SSH session with 16 ANSI colors.

Off-white on black, or sometimes olive on black for fun. I only use the Mum & Dad version of Elvis, so I don't have the problem. Ever seen an ANSI lately that was worth it?

Underflow fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Dec 2, 2009

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

A friend wiped his XP laptop after getting a virus and is temporarily trying out Ubuntu, but he's running into some of the common issues getting a few pieces of hardware to work and getting the right codecs installed, etc. I was walking him through some steps but he's getting some weird messages and failure from apt-get whenever I try to have him install a package.

Pretty sure I could clear this up if I could remotely connect a terminal session a lot faster than having him try to describe what's going wrong and enter the commands I give him. We briefly tried the Remote Desktop Viewer that comes installed in Ubuntu but didn't try long enough to actually get it working, and I think all I need is a command line anyway. Is there a simple, foolproof way for me to get a terminal session on his machine over the Internet? He's on Hardy, I'm on Karmic.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Um, he could install openssh-server, though that sort of assumes he can get the package installed.

Comedy enable telnet option...

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Rastor posted:

Um, he could install openssh-server, though that sort of assumes he can get the package installed.

Comedy enable telnet option...

Yeah that's the thing, trouble installing packages is one of the first things I want to fix. Plus I did Google for some ssh tutorials before I asked this question -- I know just enough that I figured ssh was the thing to do this but I've never actually used it -- and setting it up looked like it'd be a little more complicated on his end than I wanted.

Is that Remote Desktop Viewer that's already installed pretty usable? I was just planning to use the command line and I was afraid it would have bad lag from the GUI. Plus the guides I'd seen for it seemed to focus on connecting from the same LAN -- would he need to do anything special other than forward the right port (is it 5900?) on his router to let me connect?

Just for my education what is it that makes telnet a "comedy option"?

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4