Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!

Magnus Praeda posted:

Yes, you can use a standard PC power cable to power the 360's power brick since the former is an IEC C13 connector and the latter has an IEC C18 which work together.
More info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEC_connector

Depends on the country and the brick. In Canada, it accepts a C13, albeit one which is notched. You could notch a standard cable, I suppose...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ragzilla
Sep 9, 2005
don't ask me, i only work here

PopeOnARope posted:

Depends on the country and the brick. In Canada, it accepts a C13, albeit one which is notched. You could notch a standard cable, I suppose...

That notch designates C15/C16 which is extended temperature range.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

PopeOnARope posted:

Huh. Didn't know that. I can't see a good reason for them to change out the power brick between Canadian and American versions (or that there were even different Canadian and American versions at all). Notching a standard C13 wouldn't really impair the functionality of the cable unless it was a really lovely low-rent affair.

ragzilla posted:

That notch designates C15/C16 which is extended temperature range.

Probably because those bricks, like the rest of the 360, get really loving hot really loving fast. But it still hasn't melted the non-standard cord I'm using with mine (needed a longer cord).

Grandpappy, how are you running your cables together/tying them? If you've just got them loosely held, you can just pull that one DVI cable and put it closer to the top of the stack or run it separately. If you zip-tied it, you're probably going to have to cut the ties and re-do the wires, keeping the DVI's length in mind. Or you could do some nasty poo poo with dvi-vga adapters and their inverse. :downs:

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

Took this tonight for the multiple monitor thread OH GOD A STRAY WIRE

jus look at dat jerker and dos 30" dells :smug:

advion
Jul 25, 2005
What [game] is that on the right monitor?

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

advion posted:

What [game] is that on the right monitor?

Lord of the Rings Online

Allistar
Feb 14, 2002

Regulation, aisle 8. Nerf, aisle 15.

chief touching you posted:

Sadly, I will have no setup like that with the laptop on a stand, above the displays. Nowadays when I'm thinking of my next desk / home theater setup, I have to cat proof. They're like mischievous toddlers that can jump 4+ feet into the air.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Did you resize the three windows on the left yourself?

Which model(s) and how are the colours and brightness+contrast on them?

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

ufarn posted:

Did you resize the three windows on the left yourself?

In windows 7, you can right click the taskbar and choose "show windows side by side", and it will automatically resize all of your windows to be viewable at the same time. It's hella convenient.

ufarn posted:

Which model(s) and how are the colours and brightness+contrast on them?

Dell 3007wfp-hc. They have s-ips panels, so the colors are amazing.

3spades
Mar 20, 2003

37! My girlfriend sucked 37 dicks!

Customer: In a row?
Blackberry photos ahoy. Thanks for the chair recommendation.

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

24" acer > 17" LG > 13" mac(black)book > 32" Panasonic LCD

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Elos
Jan 8, 2009

Living like poo poo with ugly as gently caress wallpaper and curtains in a room originally intended to be a workspace for my mom. Hopefully I'll start school in january and get to move to my own place again.

EDIT: The desk is pieced together from two old desks and is also pretty ugly as gently caress but serves its purpose. :unsmith:

I also have a old Pentium M Acer laptop:

Though I rarely use it anymore because of the Acer Quality™
hinges made of chinese pig iron:

Elos fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Nov 17, 2009

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Rocking the new 27" iMac :smug:
Replaced my Apple keyboard with the Logitech diNovo keyboard. 10-key supremacy!

Runoir
Feb 25, 2007

BorderPatrol posted:

Where did you get the four outlet, switched power strip on the right side of the desk?

Cizzo
Jul 5, 2007

Haters gonna hate.

BorderPatrol posted:

IPS Panel godliness...

I'm jealous.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Is that a Rain mStand? How do you like it?

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Runoir posted:

Where did you get the four outlet, switched power strip on the right side of the desk?

Some local electronics shop here. Kind of place that sells spools of cat5 and catv cable along side server racks.
It's actually rather hard to find a regular, metal non-surge protector power strip.
Places that sell "corporate" or "construction" electronics should have them.

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

gregday posted:

Is that a Rain mStand? How do you like it?

It is, and I LOVE it. I'd like to have 2 more. They work great things other than laptops too. I also use it for my NI maschine, and APC40 (electronic music gear).

Wompa164
Jul 19, 2001

Don't write ghouls.

Juriko
Jan 28, 2006

Wompa164 posted:

pics
Nice to see another PC setup that isn't a mess.

Just picked up a new vintage writing desk. It is a bit of an uggo right now, but I plan on refinishing it to match my bookshelves, quarter rounding the top, and replacing the ugly wood drawer handles with some brushed nickel hardware. When completed it should look really great. It was the perfect size, has a ton of storage, is built like a nuke bunker, and I picked it up for 35 bucks. Can't beat that.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Wompa164 posted:

Holy gently caress. Where did you get THAT. I haven't seen an ATCS S410 in YEARS. And, when I HAD seen them, they were modded to motherfuck.

Soopafly
Mar 27, 2009

I have a peanut allergy.

Juriko posted:

Nice to see another PC setup that isn't a mess.

Very nice workspace, I could totally get used to something like that.

Wompa164
Jul 19, 2001

Don't write ghouls.

PopeOnARope posted:

Holy gently caress. Where did you get THAT. I haven't seen an ATCS S410 in YEARS. And, when I HAD seen them, they were modded to motherfuck.

I actually picked it up off of eBay 3 years back. I was extremely lucky - I had been searching for one for a while (half a year) with no luck, when I randomly found someone selling one brand new, factory sealed from Coolermaster. I can't remember how much I paid, but I think it was in the mid-$200s. Immediately after the auction, I got an email from another party offering me another $150 on top of what I paid - I turned him down.

It's a wonderfully designed case, especially considering it's age. It's only weakness are it's dimensions - it's a really server case designed to squeeze into a rackmount that can also be used as a desktop.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
What the gently caress is an ATCS S410?

Wompa164
Jul 19, 2001

Don't write ghouls.
I think he meant to say ATC-410, calm down aspie.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

Wompa164 posted:

I think he meant to say ATC-410, calm down aspie.

I wouldn't have known what an ATC-410 was, either. And I missed your first post.

Sir Nigel
Jun 29, 2006

Its an ATCS-410 and its just an older case that was of a build quality/look/materials/design that few cases back then had. And the design is still decent by todays standards and its maintained its classy look.

grunthaas
Mar 4, 2003

Finally got round to hooking up 3 monitors, its quite odd seeing video playing at 4000+ pixels across. After christmas Im going to pick up another HP so all the monitors are the same and then weld up a triple stand to mount them all on.

ILikeVoltron
May 17, 2003

I <3 spyderbyte!

Sir Nigel posted:

Its an ATCS-410 and its just an older case that was of a build quality/look/materials/design that few cases back then had. And the design is still decent by todays standards and its maintained its classy look.

I still have my ATC-200 and think it's the best case I've ever used to date.

http://i.neoseeker.com/p/Hardware/Cases_and_Cooling/Cases/CM_ATC200_profilelarge.jpg

DrOgdenWernstrom
Sep 9, 2009

I reject your reality
And substitute my own
All the stuff I have accumulated over the years

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

c0burn posted:

What the gently caress is an ATCS S410?

Here's some reviews of it.

It's technically an ATCS-S410 SX, but close enough. They're really nice cases, albeit rare. Essentially, they're an all-aluminum 4U rack mount chassis from Cooler Master. Besides that, they were REALLY rare. $200 for one of them is actually an absolute steal. They used to go for 450-500 back in the day.

chomper
Aug 16, 2007

Los Bastardos
Sorry for the lovely cell phone picture; i'm too lazy to go fetch the Canon. :(

Nothing fancy, 19" monitor, 2.1 audio, 52" RP-HDTV (old school!), and the typical desk with miscellaneous poo poo on it (pens, etc).

I do have a USS Enterprise telephone, though!

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

p.s. i suck at cable management. :(

chomper fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Nov 26, 2009

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

liveify posted:

All the stuff I have accumulated over the years

You using a 7960 as a home phone?

Inverse Icarus
Dec 4, 2003

I run SyncRPG, and produce original, digital content for the Pathfinder RPG, designed from the ground up to be played online.

n0tqu1tesane posted:

You using a 7960 as a home phone?

Cool people have a line run and a VPN set up so their home has an office phone.

:c00l:

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

Inverse Icarus posted:

We just use cellphones instead of landlines - even our main number is a cellphone. :c00l:

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

Inverse Icarus posted:

Well, that's the easy/cheap explanation. There's always the way overkill home CME install.

ragzilla
Sep 9, 2005
don't ask me, i only work here

n0tqu1tesane posted:

Well, that's the easy/cheap explanation. There's always the way overkill home CME install.

79xx can also run SIP code so you can use them with just about any IP PBX.

algo
Oct 20, 2002
Tidied up a bit, got a 2nd monitor and added a DAC:

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

what the f/2.8 is going on here!
I picked up a Dell 13z not long ago, amazing stuff:

Crush
Jan 18, 2004
jot bought me this account, I now have to suck him off.

mrk posted:

I picked up a Dell 13z not long ago, amazing stuff:

What's that thing to the left of the computer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction

Crush posted:

What's that thing to the left of the computer?

This is the data storage unit for a old people. Not as clumsy or random as a 5.25". An elegant data storage unit, for a more mechanical age. For over a thousand months, AOL was a guardian of connectivity and chatting in the POTS internet days. Before the good times. Before CDs.