Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xxn1927
Mar 5, 2001
1982 Dodge Aries Custom Wagon with the 2.6l Mitsubishi Hemi Astron Engine.

Still going strong at 135k. Can't drive it very far because the strut-mount is busted on the drivers side and I have to hold the wheel at a 90 degree angle to go straight. Now that she isn't my main car, she spends most of the time in the garage, but I still take her out every now and then.

Oh yeah, and now I get dirty looks from hipsters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

xxn1927 posted:

Still going strong at 135k. Can't drive it very far because the strut-mount is busted on the drivers side and I have to hold the wheel at a 90 degree angle to go straight. Now that she isn't my main car, she spends most of the time in the garage, but I still take her out every now and then.

drat that's a spiffy ride.

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
Those are some great pictures

Bass Ackwards
Nov 14, 2003

Anything can be used as a hammer if you try hard enough.
Keeping up the 80's wagon trend... '81 Volvo 245GL

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

I don't just get angry looks from hipsters, I get angry looks from everyone! :D

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004

xxn1927 posted:

1982 Dodge Aries Custom Wagon

Living in the midwest it blows my mind how there is not a spot of rust on that car. Wow.

Mr.Peabody
Jul 15, 2009

Das Volk posted:

Did you import it? How much work was it? I need to bring my M3 over next year when I move to Munich.

I used a 3rd party to do the customs paperwork, and picked it up directly from the factory in Stuttgart. It's a lot easier to import to Europe than to import to the US, and I think you can even import it tax free as a temporary import. check here

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

metaxus posted:

Keeping up the 80's wagon trend... '81 Volvo 245GL

I don't just get angry looks from hipsters, I get angry looks from everyone! :D

I commented on it on the other thread but I love how yellow it is. It's so... yellow!

Speaking of hipsters, I trimmed my lovely poor college student beard so I now have chops and a soul patch. I also own gold-rimmed aviators and plan on driving my Volvo around everywhere today.

I guess I could post my car here too.

'84 240T+I. Still needs tranny mounts (:quagmire:). Friday is my first day off in four weeks so I'm gonna try to get a friend together with me to get it replaced since I have no garage. At least I hope it's the transmission mount. Horrible knocking coming from under the shifter that sounds like somebody hitting muffled plastic at 2800-3200RPM, mostly when car is cold. Still, it's an absolute blast to drive now that I'm better with that suave sexy fellow Manuel.

Blow Dog
Aug 14, 2004
no
Weeee

A momentary hiatus that has found me placed in a comedy of cars - a FWD hatchback with over 300BHP. Accelerating full throttle in any of the first 3 gears in this car is akin to nailing the rear legs of a cat to the floor and witnessing it trying to scrabble away, claws and all.

Loving its butch looks though.

orange lime
Jul 24, 2008

by Fistgrrl

Blow Dog posted:

Weeee

A momentary hiatus that has found me placed in a comedy of cars - a FWD hatchback with over 300BHP. Accelerating full throttle in any of the first 3 gears in this car is akin to nailing the rear legs of a cat to the floor and witnessing it trying to scrabble away, claws and all.

Loving its butch looks though.

I want your loving car.
(I mean, yes, everyone wants all your cars. But this one is just SPECIAL.)

omgitstheinternet
Apr 28, 2005

Money, Clothes, and Hoes;
All a Nigga Knows

BabyJesus posted:

We bought a 4 bedroom/2.5 bath 2 story with a 2 car garage. 3600 finished square feet, and its by far one of the smallest in my neighborhood, and only average for our town. :(

I wish it were smaller I dont like cleaning all of this crap.

I live in a 5 bedroom with 2 stories, 3 full bathrooms, a finished basement, 2 car garage, and 3 living rooms. It is a horrible piece of poo poo of a house, literally falling apart. The whole McMansion thing seems to be very dependent on the area. On Long Island I just live in a horrid house next to the train tracks, no matter how many sq/ft it is.

SUSE Creamcheese
Apr 11, 2007
It was unseasonably warm today, so I figured I'd take a few pics of the 245:

Nnep
Jun 17, 2007

3-2 2-0

i think it's p. cool v:downs:v

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

sk8bored posted:

Just picked up the Lotus.

Man, where the heck you been?

Also proud to say I've ridden in that Evo.

Light Fields
May 8, 2008

xxn1927 posted:

These are amazing, what a sweet car!

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Negromancer posted:

'86 really? I could be getting confused though cause my dad had late '80s mirage turbo when he lived in seattle still years ago.
The plates give it away, the black on silver went out around 87.

Anyway the old 80s fwd turbo hatches are a lot of fun - even the Honda City Turbo is a blast to drive.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

82Daion posted:

It was unseasonably warm today, so I figured I'd take a few pics of the 245:

Love the backgrounds for the pictures. Where is that, an old factory?

SUSE Creamcheese
Apr 11, 2007

ExecuDork posted:

Love the backgrounds for the pictures. Where is that, an old factory?

Portions of: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athens_Lunatic_Asylum

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Why do I find out that there are OU goons after I leave OU?

Also, the TB building is not as creepy as everybody says it is. I see they patched the fence and window up again.

82Daion posted:

Hypnolobster fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Nov 22, 2009

SUSE Creamcheese
Apr 11, 2007

Hypnolobster posted:

Also, the TB building is not as creepy as everybody says it is. I see they patched the fence and window up again.

From that distance, you can't see that people have broken through the fence in a couple spots. One's sealed off with a bed frame that's padlocked to the fence, but the other is still wide open.

It's not creepy, except when you're driving around up there out of boredom at 3AM and you stumble across it without knowing that it's there. That spooked me a little, but during the daytime, it's oddly peaceful, which goes for the whole complex, really.

Ricecop69
Mar 7, 2003
Here's my money pit. 04 GTO, m6, 437 rwhp/398 rwtq. CNC ported 243 casting heads, upgraded valvetrain, 224/228 114 cam, full exhaust, built t56, twin disc clutch, bolt ons.

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.

82Daion posted:

It's not creepy, except when you're driving around up there out of boredom at 3AM and you stumble across it without knowing that it's there. That spooked me a little, but during the daytime, it's oddly peaceful, which goes for the whole complex, really.

The only time I've been there was a dark cold night...

Car content: Coming around Oak Tree at VIR last weekend. Picture by F&S Enterprises.

GET EM SLUGGER
Jun 1, 2002

Ricecop69 posted:

Here's my money pit. 04 GTO, m6, 437 rwhp/398 rwtq. CNC ported 243 casting heads, upgraded valvetrain, 224/228 114 cam, full exhaust, built t56, twin disc clutch, bolt ons.

Very nice! Do you have any videos or sound clips? I'm curious about how it sounds.

Ricecop69
Mar 7, 2003

GET EM SLUGGER posted:

Very nice! Do you have any videos or sound clips? I'm curious about how it sounds.

Quality is not so hot, as it was a point and shoot digital camera taking the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuwjpAsV3Xo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDLSg3zeW48

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

Ricecop69 posted:

what does it run?

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist

xxn1927 posted:

You have no idea how badly I envy you for having something like this. I've been trying to find a non-tacky 80s American midsize wagon, like a Cutlass Supreme or a Crown Vic but they usually tend to be adorned with terrible wood paneling and damage related to years of poor maintenance. Beige normally isn't my thing either but it looks especially good on yours especially given the lack of wear. The only old Japanese wagon that can possibly compete is the 86-90 Camry but that's a lot less ironic.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Blow Dog posted:

Accelerating full throttle in any of the first 3 gears in this car is akin to nailing the rear legs of a cat to the floor and witnessing it trying to scrabble away, claws and all.
You should make a thread about this car, too, for us unfortunate North Americans who will never see one.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
I seem to have inherited a project car I've spent the better part of the last 2 years on. I'm considering compiling all the pictures I can find of the work that was done and making a build thread, as I have as much work into it as the damned PO did. At least all my work is vindicated now, as it's mine.

It's a 1984 Mustang SVO (#236 of 4503 that year). It has 72k original miles, and it's had quite a bit of restoration work done to it.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Noise Complaint posted:

It's a 1984 Mustang SVO (#236 of 4503 that year). It has 72k original miles, and it's had quite a bit of restoration work done to it.

very nice! Have you done anything with the motor?

e: I thought I remembered you were in Mass. Let me ride that car sometime!

kimbo305 fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Nov 23, 2009

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

kimbo305 posted:

very nice! Have you done anything with the motor?

e: I thought I remembered you were in Mass. Let me ride that car sometime!

Yep, I'm in Western MA. I'll be going to a number of different shows/meets when spring rolls around in New England. You're absolutely welcome to a ride if you catch me around.

The motor was rebuilt and machined, it has less than 1k miles on it as of today. It has a rebuilt turbo from an 86 SVO, the Turbocoupe computer (LA3) and top mount intercooler, a manual boost controller, 35 lb injectors, square intake manifold (from an 86) and various other little tweaks. I also have a roller cam and rockers from a Ranger waiting to go in. The earlier cams were known for wearing down.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I've heard of a compressor bypass valve mod for safety. Have you found need for that?

Ricecop69
Mar 7, 2003

kill me now posted:

what does it run?

Track closed down here, so I never got a chance to run it after the build. I would hope in the low 12s. I've raced a stock 02 z06 and pulled it by a car length or so by 3rd gear when I was around 419rwhp.

chutwig
May 28, 2001

BURLAP SATCHEL OF CRACKERJACKS

I just finished negotiating on a 2010 GTI, 2 door, with a 6 speed. I am tremendously excited because I've been driving an Accord sedan for nearly 5 years and a Catera (ugh) for 4 years before that, so my driving resume thus far has been full of dishwater-dull dadcars. I also really like the hatchback form, and I've wanted to have a car with a proper transmission basically since I started driving, but I always had my parents hanging over me before trying to making sure I got a car that offered a minimum of distractions and a minimum of ways to kill myself.

But no more! I pick it up on Monday. The car (not my exact one, different wheels and no front plate on mine):

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

kimbo305 posted:

I've heard of a compressor bypass valve mod for safety. Have you found need for that?

It doesn't really do much other than prevent surge on the turbo and reversion through the AFM/MAF. You'd have to be making some serious power to do fast damage to the turbo.

Mister Duck
Oct 10, 2006
Fuck the goose
Here is my 2009 GTI on Skyline Drive in VA. What an amazing stretch of road. We were down there for a week driving up and down it and the Blueridge Parkway. First time I really got to put the car through its paces on some twisty roads (Long Island sucks for road quality).

This shot is on a scenic overlook after fog or clouds started rolling in. Not the best camera, but I love it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mister Duck fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Nov 29, 2009

Mister Duck
Oct 10, 2006
Fuck the goose

Blow Dog posted:

Weeee

drat you for living somewhere that sells this

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
Jesus that is such an awesome car bio wedge.

Nnep posted:

i think it's p. cool v:downs:v

hey me too :shobon:

intheflesh
Nov 4, 2008

xxn1927 posted:

What time is it?
FUEL O' CLOCK

VacaGrande
Dec 24, 2003
God! A red nugget! A fat egg under a dog!

Mister Duck posted:

Here is my 2009 GTI on Skyline Drive in VA. What an amazing stretch of road. We were down there for a week driving up and down it and the Blueridge Parkway. First time I really got to put the car through its paces on some twisty roads (Long Island sucks for road quality).

This shot is on a scenic overlook after fog or clouds started rolling in. Not the best camera, but I love it.

Great pic! I've only been there on weekends and it's packed chock full of 25-mph tourists, RVs, cyclists who don't know how to stay to the right, etc, etc, etc...

Mister Duck
Oct 10, 2006
Fuck the goose

VacaGrande posted:

Great pic! I've only been there on weekends and it's packed chock full of 25-mph tourists, RVs, cyclists who don't know how to stay to the right, etc, etc, etc...

Yeah I was on it mostly on week days. Definitely had to do a bit of passing at first, but once it started to fog over there was no one on there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame

Just recent pictures from a Subaru meet. and a quick photoshoot. The only new things are AEM UEGO gauge, GMS turbo inlet, a fresh tune from Akuma Motorsports, and blacked out interior trim. Just about to hit 120k miles. :)