Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I might nab some of these at TRU but I hate ordering stuff because it gets expensive with shipping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!

Just ordered these badboys. Cannot wait.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
I was interested in them, but not $250 interested for the limited amount of accessories that come with them. Are they representative of cool characters? I haven't read WWR.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!
Not particularly. The story's fine, but I'm in it for Ash Wood's art more than the story. They come with a decent amount of stuff, and two figures for 250 is a steal, given what I've been paying lately for toys.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
Ah, I was looking at them and thinking they if they came with a bazooka & a rifle also I'd be down, but not knowing anything about the characters leads me to pass. The helmets are real cool, and the masks are ok, but I'm not a mauser fan. I might pick up thrice naut later because the face sculpt with glasses is hilariously awesome (apparently a marysue of the master sculpter, 3zero).

From the one picture of the blanc, the accessories look bitchin in that winter theme.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!
I just wasn't huge on the blancs, and couldn't get one anyhow. My buddy that's in the club sold his a long time ago, apparently.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

New custom - Mega Man!

:megaman::megaman:

I made this guy out of a movie Iron Man figure, with a right hand pulled off an old Metal Gear Solid figure and the head/buster arm/wrist/ankles built from scratch. Painted with Testor's and Citadel acrylics. When people try to make Mega Man look too realistic it usually looks stupid, so I compromised with this kinda anime style.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Nerd Of Prey posted:

New custom - Mega Man!

Excellent job with the head. I am not much for a realistic Mega Man but that doesn't make me cringe. I need to bite the bullet and buy a MvC Mega Man from Ebay one of these days.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Wow, that's fantastic.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
That's incredible.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I'm not a Mega Man fan at all, and that's loving amazing. :golfclap:

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
Wow that Mega Man is outstanding, that's spot-on for what I would want to see for a live action movie adaptation design. The helmet and face are especially well done, did you sculpt them entirely from scratch or sculpt them on top of something?

Also, I don't collect them, but today I spotted the new Classic Power Rangers figures at Target, they are really tiny, (like 4 inches) and the sculpting is not too great, I would say they look like Happy Meal toys, but those Masters of the Universe happy meal figures McDonald's released a few years back are btter than these.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Jace Madan posted:

Wow that Mega Man is outstanding, that's spot-on for what I would want to see for a live action movie adaptation design. The helmet and face are especially well done, did you sculpt them entirely from scratch or sculpt them on top of something?
Funny you should say that, I'm studying filmmaking and "what would this character look like in a movie" is a constant source of inspiration when I make toys. I would love to make a Mega Man movie someday. I have some pretty cool ideas for it. Maybe plopping this figure down on a producer's desk will help get me the job. This isn't exactly something I can think about in the short term, though.

Oddly enough, I never actually played a ton of Mega Man... it's not really a nostalgia thing or even a fandom thing, I just like the basic character design, and the story, and I got inspired.

To answer your question, I sculpted the face right on top of iron man's head, and then the helmet on top of that. It's all sculpey, no cheating. I looked at some pictures of real helmets, fancy bike helmets and the like, which inspired the aerodynamic look.

Ogmios
Dec 2, 2004

Angry pumpkin, Japanese demon, dragon of avarice...
Great Megaman! Very cool. Too bad there isn't a way you can mass produce this.

LtCrowley
Oct 13, 2008

by elpintogrande
The amount of talent in these threads blows my mind. Some of you guys really ought to be getting paid for this poo poo.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Hey, I found a Power Girl at my Wal Mart here in Des Moines. So we do have the next wave, it's just being put out as we sell the last wave. And I can't just go find the figures I want in the back since they are all cross referenced with the 4 or 5 boxes of the old wave and totally buried under christmas poo poo.

I just want a beast boy now for my teen titans squad.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Funny you should say that, I'm studying filmmaking and "what would this character look like in a movie" is a constant source of inspiration when I make toys. I would love to make a Mega Man movie someday. I have some pretty cool ideas for it. Maybe plopping this figure down on a producer's desk will help get me the job. This isn't exactly something I can think about in the short term, though.

Oddly enough, I never actually played a ton of Mega Man... it's not really a nostalgia thing or even a fandom thing, I just like the basic character design, and the story, and I got inspired.

To answer your question, I sculpted the face right on top of iron man's head, and then the helmet on top of that. It's all sculpey, no cheating. I looked at some pictures of real helmets, fancy bike helmets and the like, which inspired the aerodynamic look.

Heh, whenever I draw I always do that too, I have folders and folders of "Movie-ized" versions of characters and vehicles. But yeah, your sculpting if fantastic, the parts you sculpted from scratch (The helmet, face, buster arm) look better than the Ironman figure you sculpted them onto! I feel like I could remove the helmet and there would be a bald head with electrodes and wires running in it like robocop has.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Hey, I found a Power Girl at my Wal Mart here in Des Moines. So we do have the next wave, it's just being put out as we sell the last wave. And I can't just go find the figures I want in the back since they are all cross referenced with the 4 or 5 boxes of the old wave and totally buried under christmas poo poo.

I just want a beast boy now for my teen titans squad.

They had power girl at my walmart too, and only a few cyborgs and captain colds otherwise. They also have about 5 punishers from the ML nemesis wave. What kind of packing is that?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

My ghetto Wal-Mart put out 2 figures from the new set, in addition to all their Captain Colds and Cyborgs. One was a Joker, so I snagged it, the other was Forager who I'm not excited about. Hopefully the rest will make an appearance soon.

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Nov 26, 2009

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
So how long was I supposed to be aware of this limited-edition Blizzard Store-exclusive Pandaren WoW figure? It apparently just went up for sale yesterday and I just luckily happened across it when I visited their site today.

http://us.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=1100000802

Already placed my order, but after it took them 2 months to get my LAST order right, I'm worried how this will play out. If they send me the wrong thing again and end up running out of these in the meantime, there will be a shitstorm raining upon them I swear.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Welp just Man Bat and Robot Man(!) to go. I'll post my extras soon but I went through hell to get these.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

I'm still looking for Beast Boy. Why is he so hard to find?

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

mods rename me posted:

I'll post my extras soon but I went through hell to get these.

In a fit of stupidity today, I hit a nearby Wal Mart around 10:00 AM to check. After spending 20 minutes hunting for a place to park and 15 minutes pushing through the still-crazy crowds of people looking for cheap TVs, I arrived in the toy aisle - which looked like a war zone. Stuff all over the ground, many pegs picked clean. No DCUC in sight.

Still, there was a cart of unopened boxes at the end of the aisle that an employee was going through to restock, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to see if they had any Wave 10 stuff. The guy was nice enough to poke around until he did - indeed find a box of DCUC figures. They, of course, turned out to be yet more Wave 7 peg warmers.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Fish Of Doom posted:

I'm still looking for Beast Boy. Why is he so hard to find?

Beast Boy, Forager and Batman are the only ones I've been able to find.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

I've only found Powergirl, Robotman, and Joker. Well and Batman too but I didn't want it.

Also, everyone remember last year when when DCUC names from Walmarts computer system were leaked for wave 9 and 11, and then ended up being right? Here's this years leaked names, presumably for waves 14 and 15, or 14 and 16 if walmart does another exclusive (please no).

Lantern 2708483138 $12.97
Obsidian 2708483139 $12.97
Hourman 2708483140 $12.97
Gold 2708483141 $12.97
Kamandi 2708483142 $12.97
Zatana 2708483143 $12.97
Tyr 2708483144 $12.97
Martian 2708483152 $12.97
Jemm 2708483153 $12.97
Starman 2708483154 $12.97
Mento 2708483155 $12.97
Batman SC 2708483156 $12.97
Pharoh 2708483157 $12.97
Fan Choice 2708483158 $12.97
PlasticMan 2708483177 $12.97

The speculation of the Lantern is Alan Scott if it coincides with Odsidian. I'd also expect Elastigirl to a be a CNC for one of those waves, to finish the Doom Patrol along side Mento. Fan Choice is Raven. Batman SC might be sinestro corps Batman?

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Nov 28, 2009

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Martian yes!!
Edit: Plastic Man!

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Can't wait for Martian, my JLA just looks silly without him.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
You guys wait -- it will be a random white Martian from Morrison's JLA run.

I'm hoping the Four Horsemen will make the first decent Zatanna figure ever, ideally in her modern top hat, fishnets, and bustier look, but knowing them, it'll probably be Satellite Era Zatanna in her old Perez costume. I also think Kamandi will be the pegwarmer to end all pegwarmers.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

You guys wait -- it will be a random white Martian from Morrison's JLA run.

I'm hoping the Four Horsemen will make the first decent Zatanna figure ever, ideally in her modern top hat, fishnets, and bustier look, but knowing them, it'll probably be Satellite Era Zatanna in her old Perez costume. I also think Kamandi will be the pegwarmer to end all pegwarmers.

I thought Guardian would be the ultimate peg warmer, but I've only seen him twice. But Kamandi is the single gayest character in the entire DC universe.

I agree about Zatanna. If ever there was a figure that needed a variant, it is her. Starman deserves a variant, too.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I've came across a ton of Guardians then one day they all vanished.

the Professor
Nov 28, 2002

pi pi

Fish Of Doom posted:

But Kamandi is the single gayest character in the entire DC universe.

You take that poo poo back immediately. :mad:

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
From pictures I've seen, Vartox and Grimbor looked way gayer.

Also, do we have any idea which Starman this will be? My best guess is the new starry Starman, since it would be such an easy figure for the Horsemen. However, I would pay ungodly amounts of money for a good Jack Knight Starman figure from them. (I think the only two DCUCs I'd want more are the Shade, who could easily be made from a retooled Gentleman Ghost with a new head, and a Golden Age Sandman, who could be a repainted Question with a new head and gun. Both would replace the crap-tacular DC Direct versions.)

Whorehey
Jun 3, 2006
You saw it here first folks...
I was finally able to pick up a DCUC Wave 10 Batman and Powergirl. I'm hoping that I can periodically check back and have the remaining ones magically be there. I'm rather impressed with the packaging. Usually caped individuals give me a problem but I was able to get the toys out with zero problems and zero scratches on the cape. That makes me happy.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.
They have wave 11 out in Forbidden Planet in Union Square in NYC. I got The Question. He's pretty sweet.

Mapocho
Dec 14, 2006

No pares de creer.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

:megaman:

This figure blows me away, it is just so well done!

Birthday passed and I got a couple new figures out of it.

Click here for the full 1365x2048 image.

JLI Booster

And this came in the mail a couple days ago and it is amazing.

Click here for the full 1365x2048 image.

And I know I'm a one trick pony regarding the battle damage on figures, I just find it so relaxing to do.

Click here for the full 1066x1600 image.

I'm looking forward to finding a Robotman and a Question.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

the Professor posted:

You take that poo poo back immediately. :mad:

Alright. Even though he's a naked blond guy wearing only cutoffs, be doesn't have a giant codpiece and police mustache like Vartox.

Also, whoever hasn't jumped aboard the Kamandi Bandwagon, AFP is making sure you do

http://www.actionfigurepics.com/2009/11/kamandi-the-learn-to-love-him-article-i-did-and-you-can-too

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

Fish Of Doom posted:

Alright. Even though he's a naked blond guy wearing only cutoffs, be doesn't have a giant codpiece and police mustache like Vartox.

Also, whoever hasn't jumped aboard the Kamandi Bandwagon, AFP is making sure you do

http://www.actionfigurepics.com/2009/11/kamandi-the-learn-to-love-him-article-i-did-and-you-can-too

Nope, didn't help.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Fish Of Doom posted:

So hes Kazaar: 2112?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Question: Are the holes in mini-mates feet compatible with lego bricks? My Ghostbuster 'mates don't want to stand solidly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
I think these new Avatar toys are just repainted GI Joes.