Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

concise
Aug 31, 2004

Ain't much to do
'round here.

mrk posted:

I picked up a Dell 13z not long ago, amazing stuff:

This is extremely elegant. What are you using to mount your monitor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

what the f/2.8 is going on here!

concise posted:

This is extremely elegant. What are you using to mount your monitor?

The monitor is plugged into the PC of course not the laptop but I suppose I could have it connected via HDMI although it would be pointless as I only use the laptop on the move or as a digital TV centre when on the desk :p

The stand is an Ergotron MX!

Crush posted:

What's that thing to the left of the computer?

Factor Mystic posted:

This is the data storage unit for a old people. Not as clumsy or random as a 5.25". An elegant data storage unit, for a more mechanical age. For over a thousand months, AOL was a guardian of connectivity and chatting in the POTS internet days. Before the good times. Before CDs.

^ This!

1.44MB of extreme storage man!

It's actually a tea coaster these days :p

Sir Nigel
Jun 29, 2006

mrk, what are you watching?

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

I watched a lot of shows that day, I think it may have been Medium, currently watching at Season 3 with all episodes up to date.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
What keyboard is that, mrk?

Sir Nigel
Jun 29, 2006

Logitech Dinovo Edge by the looks of it. http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-diNovo-Edge-Keyboard-Black/dp/B000J43HJ8

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

Dinovo for notebooks, not the Edge.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

mrk posted:

Dinovo for notebooks, not the Edge.

I just got that keyboard.
I :h: that keyboard

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

It is really good :)

I just wish keyboard keys were wear proof as plastic keys on all keyboards become shiny over time and don't look as nice!

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!

mrk posted:

It is really good :)

I just wish keyboard keys were wear proof as plastic keys on all keyboards become shiny over time and don't look as nice!

Once, just ONCE I'd like to see your desk being even remotely unclean. You're making the rest of us look bad, man!

Long time no see, btw.

Serious Business
Jun 22, 2009

by Tiny Fistpump

liveify posted:

All the stuff I have accumulated over the years

I want the Razor Mamba so bad, I just can't come to terms spending $160 on a mouse though.

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

Baggins posted:

Once, just ONCE I'd like to see your desk being even remotely unclean. You're making the rest of us look bad, man!

Long time no see, btw.

If my nephew or niece are ever round then my desk is unclean but apart from that NEVARRR! :D

Thanks for the WB by the way :D

quote:

I want the Razor Mamba so bad, I just can't come to terms spending $160 on a mouse though.

I had the Mamba and while it was nice to hold/use it had glaring bugs in the software/firmware and I don't think Razor fixed those yet?

Stuff like custom button mappings and everything not being saved by the mouse as it sends every customisation to the mouse so it can be used on different computers etc and also it took ages to send a customisation over to the mouse as well as the Razor software crashing randomly.

It felt like a great product ruined by Alpha software/firmware !

mrk fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Nov 30, 2009

Nija
Mar 2, 2003
F A C K

mrk posted:

I had the Mamba and while it was nice to hold/use it had glaring bugs in the software/firmware and I don't think Razor fixed those yet?

Stuff like custom button mappings and everything not being saved by the mouse as it sends every customisation to the mouse so it can be used on different computers etc and also it took ages to send a customisation over to the mouse as well as the Razor software crashing randomly.

I've not had any of those bugs and I have a launch edition mamba, 3/2009 build date. You create a profile with your customizations to the keys and the sensitivity. Save it with a meaningful name. Make the software use that for default. Each time you update the firmware, point it at that profile.

The software has never crashed on me and I've only made a single profile for the thing... The only bug is that sometimes it won't turn on, which is fixed by turning the mouse off and on via the switch on the bottom.

Edit: Win7 64bit since Jan '09.

Nija fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Dec 1, 2009

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

Are you on Vista or Win7 64bit perchance?

My issues were on Vista64 !

It's possible they may have fixed the issues in later firmware updates though. My experience was around the start of the year.

£120 on a mouse, that was pushing it by my own standards lol.

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!

mrk posted:

The doubleyou-bee?

What was that, and was I drunk when you got it?

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

Bah, welcome back :p

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!
Ah. Not drunk, only absent-minded...

Nevermind, I'm in work mode and can't focus on anything that should be obvious and straight forward. Yay for tech support!

(And yay for the bottle of Jack that will welcome me home later.....)

chomper
Aug 16, 2007

Los Bastardos
what about mobile setups, everyone?

do you use a wireless notebook mouse and/or keyboard setup? what about a "lap" desk when you're on the go?

i'm at school right now, drinking some tea in between classes:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

My 13z is my lapdesk :p

I have everything on it that i do on my desktop to see me through the day, well everything except STEAM as I can't stand to lower ingame settings :p

DrOgdenWernstrom
Sep 9, 2009

I reject your reality
And substitute my own

n0tqu1tesane posted:

You using a 7960 as a home phone?

Yep :p Overkill ftw, besides I got it for 60 bucks

mrk posted:

If my nephew or niece are ever round then my desk is unclean but apart from that NEVARRR! :D

I have had no issues at all. Best mouse I have ever had

DrOgdenWernstrom fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Nov 30, 2009

blankooie
Jul 21, 2009

BorderPatrol posted:

Rocking the new 27" iMac :smug:
Replaced my Apple keyboard with the Logitech diNovo keyboard. 10-key supremacy!

Thanks for the keyboard dude! (I bought it off him in another thread)

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

heres my desk not cleaned up at all. I pretty much took the picture as soon as i saw this thread.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Thats a 17" macbook pro, and the other LCD is for my powerhouse desktop. its a 28" LCD btw :keke:

blankooie fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Nov 30, 2009

mrk
Jan 14, 2004

Oh cool, what is the white light behind the screen? just an LED light or something?

I'm tempted to get a USB light set to stick to the back of my screen as it helps in ambience and reduces eye strain when working in the dark!

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

mrk posted:

Oh cool, what is the white light behind the screen? just an LED light or something?

I'm tempted to get a USB light set to stick to the back of my screen as it helps in ambience and reduces eye strain when working in the dark!

It's just a plain old Clip-on Magnifier Light. It's clipped onto the shelf above the monitor hanging down and it lights up behind the screen to help me see better in the dark. I also whip it around the side if I need any light on the desk or if I'm working on any small electronics.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Some days I think I'm the only one without a widescreen monitor.

blankooie
Jul 21, 2009
BTW BorderPatrol, you should look into the VESA adapter kit for your iMac. You could mount that thing behind you, and that would look absolutely bad rear end just floating there.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

the posted:

Some days I think I'm the only one without a widescreen monitor.
It's okay. I'm still sporting my Samsung Syncmaster 940b in glorious 1280x1024. :toot:

I'm the only one of my friends without a widescreen :smith:

Jarl
Nov 8, 2007

So what if I'm not for the ever offended?

SpartanIV posted:

It's okay. I'm still sporting my Samsung Syncmaster 940b in glorious 1280x1024. :toot:

I'm the only one of my friends without a widescreen :smith:

I got that one too (4:3 19" 1280x1024) :( Oh and mine got a bug stuck on the inside in the corner down to the left. Also the colors aren't exactly crispy. The latter has probably always been the case.

Until about two months ago one of my friends had a worse computer screen than mine. It was an 17" CRT (the colors had turned nicotine yellow) and definitely stood out at LAN's. The next LAN it will be my turn :(

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I've laned with mine at least once a month for the last 4 years and while the screen is still great on it, the plastic frame is starting to split apart on the sides. Soon I may have to start using tape to hold it together.

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

Quality pics is for the cool kids =(

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

blanksuspect
Mar 4, 2009
Just a quick school setup pic. I liked the idea of posting mobile setups whilst mobile and I wanted to show off the new mouse I got on black friday. Plus I love my laptop!

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG

Gimrigz posted:

Quality pics is for the cool kids =(

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

Quality of photos aside, that's a very nice layout!

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

Thanks! I like it very much, I can do pretty much anything I want multimedia-wise from this room, with pretty much no hassle. And it's roomy when I receive people!

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

I don't know if your laptop sitting on a table counts as a setup.

cadex
Jun 6, 2003

Operationally, God is beginning to resemble not a ruler but the last fading smile of a cosmic Cheshire Cat.

Gimrigz posted:

Thanks! I like it very much, I can do pretty much anything I want multimedia-wise from this room, with pretty much no hassle. And it's roomy when I receive people!

It's almost identical to our "spare" room at home. Unfortunately my other half decided to use the room to store loads of her crap/clothes she never wears and the rest of the space to keep her Chameleon and it's living food.
I'm so jealous to see what I could have done with the space :smith:

Strict 9
Jun 20, 2001

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Really digging my new work layout. Got a new i5 27" iMac as my main computer. I took down the partition that was normally between my desks and moved my two PC's (controlled by synergy) down there.

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

The Third Man
Nov 5, 2005

I know how much you like ponies so I got you a ponies avatar bro
Is there a such thing as a nice corner desk that won't cost me more than a few hundred bucks?

HA HA Collage
Oct 2, 2009

The Most Celebrated New Poster Since Attila

Pretty simple. I stopped using my PC about a week ago, and I don't think I miss it at all.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

HA HA Collage posted:

Pretty simple. I stopped using my PC about a week ago, and I don't think I miss it at all.
You're going to get a stand (like mstand) for the laptop, though, right?

HA HA Collage
Oct 2, 2009

The Most Celebrated New Poster Since Attila

ufarn posted:

You're going to get a stand (like mstand) for the laptop, though, right?

I might. Am I going to be harmed in a terrible way if I do not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster